10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope someone can help me with this question and PM me with the answer.

I was at a pawn today and saw 3 MIB Transformer toys. One was an Optimus Prime Reissue, one was an original Ultra Magnus (complete) in box, and the third was a G1 Megatron complete in box (!!!). They wanted $100 each and I talked down to $60 for the Megatron (I tried to nab Ultra Magnus at $40 to no avail).

My Question is that the Megatron does not have an orange tip, that it is grey. The box and everything else states 1984 and it looks like the other boxes Ive seen online and on ebay. Is there variants on the tip of the gun? Is grey the original before the orange was added? Im keeping the toy but I am really curious as I've never spent $60 on a toy for collection purposes.

BTW, I am thinking of buy the Prime reissue for $20....Is it worth it?

Transformers are buy 1, get 1 40% off at Toys R Us this week. I picked up the Fall of Cybertron Rumble / Ravage and Frenzy / Ratbat 2-packs 2 nights ago. They were $11.99, but this was at the TRU that markups up 10%, so they may be $10.99 at other TRUs.

I also saw Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster w/ Buzzsaw and all 5 Combaticons, but didn't like the condition of the boxes / cards, and there are a couple other stores in the area I can check. Plus I'd want to try to get similar sizes to maximize the sale, rather than let just the cheaper ones get the 40% off discount.

Amazon has G2 Bruticus for $47.99!!! http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-A1051-G2-Bruticus/dp/B007MCNI30/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1356154700&sr=1-1&keywords=bruticus

DEAD.

Found Generations Voyager Soundwave at TRU today, along with both disc sets. I just picked up Soundwave and an Ultimate Generations Gift Set (recolor Jazz + recolor G2 Prime + two legends).

I had thought the latter was online only, but there it was, and it was the only one there with no shelf tag. I figured I can always return it, but I may never see it again.

Generations Voyagers are 22.99, which is reasonable and better than the 26.99 to 29.99 they want for the Prime Voyagers. The giftset was 29.99.

I have a bunch of G2 25th anniversary Transformers that I'm looking to unload, where is a good place to sell these?

I have stuff like MP Skywarp, Inferno, Soundwave, I even have a few Japanese sets like Takara Tomy Skywarp & Thundercracker dual pack, all sealed of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I saw soundwave and blaster but. Really don't like their fall of cybertron molds. All I want now is ultra Magnus, I think his FOC mold is awesome.

I can't believe there are still plenty of thundercracker masterpieces at my TRU after Christmas. It has a nice build, might get a second one for display (individually in robot and jet mode, hehe)

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I can't believe there are still plenty of thundercracker masterpieces at my TRU after Christmas. It has a nice build, might get a second one for display (individually in robot and jet mode, hehe)[/QUOTE]

I saw a bunch too, I was also surprised as well.

[quote name='Thomas96']I saw a bunch too, I was also surprised as well.[/QUOTE]

It's not really a kids' toy, not a currently well-known figure, and relatively expensive. It's not too surprising. Had it been slightly cheaper and, say, Starscream, I bet they would have sold out, especially since Transformers really had nothing going on this holiday season. My local TRU has a bucket of Optimus Maximus figures that nobody wants and Target cleared weeks ago.

Sadly, Thundercracker will probably be looked at as a reason why they shouldn't stock too many exclusives, when the real lesson is don't let them dribble in one at a time and then oversaturate them.

There was a dramatic difference between the early shipments -- the most I ever saw was one or two, which were instant scalper-bait -- and the later shipments, when they'd appear six at a time. Had they appeared in battalions of six or more from the beginning, they never would have been scalped to the degree they were.

[quote name='Thomas96']I saw soundwave and blaster but. Really don't like their fall of cybertron molds. All I want now is ultra Magnus, I think his FOC mold is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I can understand this, since I am often lukewarm on "Cybertronian" modes.

Soundwave is really nice, though. I liked the deluxe version. I think I like this one better. Just the robot is a very good Soundwave figure, plus the disc launching is pretty nifty. I also typically don't care about gimmicks, but I really like the way they made it possible to hold several discs or none at all.

The vehicle is good, with no gappy parts or unfinished areas. It's a good, solid vehicle that isn't ad-hoc in the least. About the only thing I'm not wild about is that it's more blast shield than windshield, but it's not a big deal.

I also have to say you get a lot of value here. It's a substantial, Voyager sized figure with great articulation, a decent amount of paint apps, and Laserbeak included. I like the discs much more than I thought I would.

I probably won't be triple-dipping on this mold, but I may end up picking up Blaster, which I wasn't expecting to do. There have been a lot of recent disappointments, and a general feeling of cheapness and smallness of recent Transformers, and I don't feel that at all with this figure. It's not quite as heavy as some past figures, but they did an impressive job of hiding where the reductions took place, to the point that I really wasn't thinking about it.

[quote name='blandstalker']It's not really a kids' toy, not a currently well-known figure, and relatively expensive. It's not too surprising. Had it been slightly cheaper and, say, Starscream, I bet they would have sold out, especially since Transformers really had nothing going on this holiday season. My local TRU has a bucket of Optimus Maximus figures that nobody wants and Target cleared weeks ago.

Sadly, Thundercracker will probably be looked at as a reason why they shouldn't stock too many exclusives, when the real lesson is don't let them dribble in one at a time and then oversaturate them.

There was a dramatic difference between the early shipments -- the most I ever saw was one or two, which were instant scalper-bait -- and the later shipments, when they'd appear six at a time. Had they appeared in battalions of six or more from the beginning, they never would have been scalped to the degree they were.

Soundwave is really nice, though. I liked the deluxe version. I think I like this one better. Just the robot is a very good Soundwave figure, plus the disc launching is pretty nifty. I also typically don't care about gimmicks, but I really like the way they made it possible to hold several discs or none at all.

The vehicle is good, with no gappy parts or unfinished areas. It's a good, solid vehicle that isn't ad-hoc in the least. About the only thing I'm not wild about is that it's more blast shield than windshield, but it's not a big deal.

I also have to say you get a lot of value here. It's a substantial, Voyager sized figure with great articulation, a decent amount of paint apps, and Laserbeak included. I like the discs much more than I thought I would.

I probably won't be triple-dipping on this mold, but I may end up picking up Blaster, which I wasn't expecting to do. There have been a lot of recent disappointments, and a general feeling of cheapness and smallness of recent Transformers, and I don't feel that at all with this figure. It's not quite as heavy as some past figures, but they did an impressive job of hiding where the reductions took place, to the point that I really wasn't thinking about it.[/QUOTE]

Will soundwave be at Target and Walmart or just Toys R Us? I saw him once and did not buy him at TRU. I bought the Frenzy and ratbat ravage and rumble legend size discs yesterday so now I want him. Oh I also saw Prime first edition optimus prime voyager- $ 26 I put him on hold, we already have the PRID optimus and I dont have a lot of $. I also saw Deluxe Ultra Magnus, put him on hold also. They wanted 17.99 for him.

[quote name='mickeyp']Will soundwave be at Target and Walmart or just Toys R Us? I saw him once and did not buy him at TRU. I bought the Frenzy and ratbat ravage and rumble legend size discs yesterday so now I want him. Oh I also saw Prime first edition optimus prime voyager- $ 26 I put him on hold, we already have the PRID optimus and I dont have a lot of $. I also saw Deluxe Ultra Magnus, put him on hold also. They wanted 17.99 for him.[/QUOTE]

I assume they'll have Soundwave at Target/Walmart, but I've seen no signs as of yet. They are carrying Generations because they had FoC Deluxe Sideswipe at Target yesterday. I passed because I ordered everything but Insecticon (sold out) at BBTS.

Target and Walmart just seem to be pretty dismal lately. The sections are small and infrequently updated. They have gotten in Voyager Ultra Magnus and Thundertron, though, so not completely asleep.

Also really sad is that I've seen maybe two of the Bruticus guys total, over five or so Targets. I feel sorry for anyone trying to complete the set one at a time.

I stopped by TRU with my daughter the other day so she could spend some holiday cash on Lego Friends and I picked up a few of the new TFs. I grabbed all four of the data disc guys and beast hunter soundwave. The discs are pretty nifty but are too much like those silly bakugan things for me to really like them. Plus the play pattern after they spring up into their bot modes is fairly limited due to the springy nature of the transformation (much like the bakugan). I have a feelign these will spend more time int heir purple plastic cases than out of them. I need to pick up soundwave or blaster to see how the whole thing comes together. As for BH soundwave, I expected more than just a color palette change and some swooshy bits added to t he original mold. The transformation is nearly identical to the original Prime soundwave. Also the claw weapon that came with mine is actually glued together at the joint so the claw doesn't open. Not sure I'm going to pursue many of these BH guys if they turn out to be like this.

Every store near me is just a cluster fuck of either empty shelves, or shit so old nobody will ever buy it.

Also, Beast Hunters is gonna save me sooooooo much fucking money its not even funny. I love beast wars, and TM2 dragon Megs is one of my favorite figures ever, but all the "dragon" figs in Beast Hunters just look terrible thus far imho, and the non-beasts are primarily spikey remolds of existing mediocre figures...

Thanks for saving me money Hasbro, but please don't kill the damn brand...

[quote name='blandstalker']It's not really a kids' toy, not a currently well-known figure, and relatively expensive. It's not too surprising. Had it been slightly cheaper and, say, Starscream, I bet they would have sold out, especially since Transformers really had nothing going on this holiday season. My local TRU has a bucket of Optimus Maximus figures that nobody wants and Target cleared weeks ago.

There was a dramatic difference between the early shipments -- the most I ever saw was one or two, which were instant scalper-bait -- and the later shipments, when they'd appear six at a time. Had they appeared in battalions of six or more from the beginning, they never would have been scalped to the degree they were. [/quote]

TRU had the exclusive optimus prime figure let those come one and two,at a time and when the demand increased they took the price from 99 to 115. It would have been a great if they could have had some MP primes on the shelves for the holiday sales rush as well. I would hope that they would see the success they had with MP prime as a reason to keep the exclusive figures and MP figures coming.

[quote name='blandstalker']

I probably won't be triple-dipping on this mold, but I may end up picking up Blaster, which I wasn't expecting to do. There have been a lot of recent disappointments, and a general feeling of cheapness and smallness of recent Transformers, and I don't feel that at all with this figure. It's not quite as heavy as some past figures, but they did an impressive job of hiding where the reductions took place, to the point that I really wasn't thinking about it.[/QUOTE]

I ended up going to TRU today (looking for FOC Ultra Magnus) and saw soundwave and soundblaster sitting there...same two I saw before and picked them both up. I'll get some discs as well but I think I'll wait for a sale or price drop. When I read the description of the cybertronian mode they called the vehicle a Communications truck and I liked that. They
Should have made soundblaster be blaster (autobot) instead.

I went to TRU today found kickback, starscream, ultra magnus, and air raid, even sideswipe but he's the only ones didn't pick up.

Starscream sucks, his body is too hollow, and the botto and rear side of thie jet doesn't look right.

Air raid and kick back are great, no complaints

Magnus is great, this cybertronian truck works better for him than it does prime. They should have made this mode into a voyager size figure.

I bought Thundertron at TRU awhile back using that Groupon deal that was on here, if he is returned with a gift receipt will I get the full value back or just the 6.99 or whatever he cost after using the Groupon? I ask because I'm thinking of getting a set off of BBTS that includes him to get Voyager Skyquake, but I don't want to lose all that money if I won't get the full value back. I wasn't sure how gift receipts worked in that regard or even how TRU treats returns using coupons when you'll take credit not just cash.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I bought Thundertron at TRU awhile back using that Groupon deal that was on here, if he is returned with a gift receipt will I get the full value back or just the 6.99 or whatever he cost after using the Groupon? I ask because I'm thinking of getting a set off of BBTS that includes him to get Voyager Skyquake, but I don't want to lose all that money if I won't get the full value back. I wasn't sure how gift receipts worked in that regard or even how TRU treats returns using coupons when you'll take credit not just cash.[/QUOTE]

The value of the groupon will be given back to you in store credit, the rest will be given back to whatever from of payment you used. If you use a gift receipt to return, you will get everything back in store credit.

Unless you're really a fan of Thundertron the character, Thundertron the figure is...kind of disappointing.

I'm not the biggest fan of beasts, and I got Thundertron mainly because I have overall been really happy with the Prime line. So I really looked for things to like.

Unfortunately, it's kind of lame as a Transformer. The robot mode is great -- very Scourge-y overtones, nice balance, and the pegleg is nifty. The white looks a little cheap, but the overall effect is decent.

But transforming? It's a poor design. I'll give it credit in that it's not just bend it over and call it a beast. But the steps beyond that don't lead to a good figure and hamper articulation. When you're done, you have a lion statue, and not a particularly good one.

I wasn't going to buy into Beast Hunters anyway, but if this is the direction they're taking the line in, I'm glad I won't be there. Design has been the best thing about Prime, and while Thundertron has great robot mode design, it's a poor transforming toy with a lackluster alt mode.

Buy it if you like the strength of the robot mode. Save your money otherwise.

Contruct-Bots

Transformers with interchangeable parts...meh
a3741-construct-bots-ultimate-optimus-prime-robot-mode.jpg
a3741-construct-bots-ultimate-optimus-prime-vehicle-mode.jpg

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2013/01/construct-bots/

the fuck...? kreo and mainline have some sort of retarded bastard child? That looks sooooo fucking bad. And bumblebee is a car/jet triple changer? ugh...

The worst thing is, these are so ugly and hollow looking you'd be forgiven for mistaking them for mainline figs *zing!

But seriously, is this the year that finally gets me to stop buying official figs all together? Beast hunters looks terrible, these things are just garbage, Kreo is going nowhere fast (after imho a really great start).

Thank god for unofficial superion and predaking :D

Not sure if YMMV or not, but Transformers are b1g1 50% off at Toys R Us this week. I picked up an FE Optimus and Wheeljack. Two of my "I'll get you eventually" purchases. Very happy with them!

[quote name='Ahadi']Not sure if YMMV or not, but Transformers are b1g1 50% off at Toys R Us this week. I picked up an FE Optimus and Wheeljack. Two of my "I'll get you eventually" purchases. Very happy with them![/QUOTE]

That would be great if the Rewards dollars stack with the deal. Their rewards suck since they can't be used with games. Then again, I guess it doesn't really matter since my TRU doesn't stock any good TFs.

[quote name='Zmonkay']But seriously, is this the year that finally gets me to stop buying official figs all together?[/QUOTE]

MP Soundwave and cassettes? Encore Fort Max? If you meant just US releases, FoC Grimlock?

[quote name='Bloomy']MP Soundwave and cassettes? Encore Fort Max? If you meant just US releases, FoC Grimlock?[/QUOTE]

Maybe "all together" was a bit of an exageration, but definitely not going to follow my old rule of "one of each mold/release". MP SW will come to the US eventually (I'm confident), so not going to import, encore fort max too rich for my blood. FoC SW and Grimlock will be mine (as well as any more FoC releases) though :D

Hell, there's even a couple Beast Hunters figs I want (deluxe Bulkhead and the silver car, who's name escapes me at the moment since I don't watch the show) but by and large most of the "predacons" we've seen thus far are of no interest (and I generally love beasts/dragons), and much of the rest are just spikey retools of existing figs.

[quote name='Ahadi']Not sure if YMMV or not, but Transformers are b1g1 50% off at Toys R Us this week. I picked up an FE Optimus and Wheeljack. Two of my "I'll get you eventually" purchases. Very happy with them![/QUOTE]

There's an FE Wheeljack? or did you buy the Beast Hunters deluxe or something?

I was surprised that they had a sale and that they actually had two figures in stock that I wanted (FE Prime and FE Bulkhead). That's gotta be a first.

Also, they make a classic-looking Ironhead in that terrible offshoot line but no Prime (in the US) or Masterpiece version on the horizon?

[quote name='fujishig']There's an FE Wheeljack? [/QUOTE]

It was PRID. I just grammar failed.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself for buying Bulkhead before really knowing what First Editions were. I really like the normal, but the FE is superior in my opinion.

I had a chance to mess around with a Weaponizer Prime. Very unimpressed with it.

i have a question that I have been unable to find an answer while searching Transformer forums.

I recently bought a g1 boxed optimus prime on ebay (to go with the g1 boxed Megatron I found on the cheap at a pawn). The Optimus Prime looks good and may be pre-rub (either that or the sticker was taken off) and came with everything except 1 missile and the promo poster with the toy list on back. My question is about the fists. The fists that came with it are Black. Is this a variant or should I attempt to buy the blue fists?

Hopefully someone knows the answer (like if these are g2 fists I received). I appreciate the help.

[quote name='battledrill']What are first editions?[/QUOTE]
Winter 2011 when Prime first came out, they had a "preview" wave of figures consisting of BB, Starscream, Cliffjumper, Arcee, Vehicon, Prime, Bulkhead, and the Prime/Megatron 2-pack. They were TRU exclusive, but in the US we only got BB, Starscream, and Arcee.

Due to demand, Hasbro released them again as a shared Bigbadtoystore/TRU exclusive, and this time all were released in the US. They are completely different molds than what the "main" Prime line (Prime Robots in Disguise, or PRID) offered. IMHO they are also all uniformly better figures and I still weep at the glory that could have been if they continued with that style instead of the cost cutting PRID shit.

[quote name='Otherguy676']My question is about the fists. The fists that came with it are Black. Is this a variant or should I attempt to buy the blue fists?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as well. Only fists I've ever seen are blue, though granted the only Prime with fists I own is Pepsi Prime (I have ~4-5 other Primes, some even with trailers, but no fists... stupid garage sales...).

On a different note, thanks to TRU's B1G1 half off, I stocked up on some new stuff (some I wouldn't have bought for full price but figured screw it, half off).
Mini impressions:

FoC Soundwave: Decent figure, cool robot mode, gimmick doesn't work worth shit, overly simplistic transformation, far more solid/bulky than recent voyagers (a good thing).

FoC Cassettes (Frenzy, Rumble, Ravage, Ratbat): Cool idea, failed execution. Spring loaded TF's just don't work. Ratbat/Lazerbeak scheme works most of the time, but the others (especially Ravage) require too much manual tranformation, so the "autotransform" is just pointless.

Beast Hunters (suspicions confirmed, the line is prolly gonna suck):
Soundwave: Ravage is pretty terrible IMHO, though looks more like "ravage" than lazerbeak looked like lazerbeak in PRID. Soundwave's remold doesn't feel as nice either. More bulky, but kinda awkwardly so, and something feels "off" about it (almost like it's a kitbash/custom), hard to explain.

Lazerback: Not as bad as I thought it would be, but still pretty terrible. Brings horrible flashbacks of Beast Machines Bruticus (seriously, wtf?). Cleaver way of hiding the beast head in robot mode, but otherwise way too much soft rubbery plastic, poor colors, and overly simple transformation (even for a "beast"). Seriously, the legs do nothing beyond rotating 90 degrees to stand up instead of lean forward...

They may be fists to another g1 autobot. I asked to guy to help me with buying the O.G. fists but if anyone has an answer please let me know so I can stop him from refunding me. It was also missing one missile but the box is in amazing shape.

[quote name='Otherguy676']They may be fists to another g1 autobot. I asked to guy to help me with buying the O.G. fists but if anyone has an answer please let me know so I can stop him from refunding me. It was also missing one missile but the box is in amazing shape.[/QUOTE]

Do the firsts have holes for holding the gun? If not, possibly Trailbreaker's?
http://www.battlegrip.com/images/reviews/03-09/trailbreaker/trailbreaker01_l.jpg

Can't recall which other G1 bots would have come with black fists as "accessories".

Is your roller grey? Could it be "bloated" Prime? (maybe it's just the vid, but the fists look darker blue/almost black?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWZ8ebAfLjo&feature=youtu.be

[quote name='Zmonkay']Can't recall which other G1 bots would have come with black fists as "accessories".[/QUOTE]

Grapple and Inferno also came with black fists. I don't remember if the posts on the fists would fit Prime width-wise, though I think they're a bit long. Don't know if they'd be able to hold Prime's accessories, either.

http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/Grapple/grapple.htm
http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/Inferno/inferno.htm

Otherguy676, in addition to the Roller color, do the other accessories match the "regular" or "variation" pictures? Are the smoke stacks full size or clipped at the shoulders?

http://www.tfu.info/1984/Autobot/OptimusPrime/optimusprime.htm

There was an all black recolor of G1 Prime released in Japan for a convention in 2000, though I find it highly unlikely the fists from that would get mixed into another release.

Roller is a dark bue and matches the color of Optimus. The fists hold the gun and fit on Optimus. I've never seen the black fists before and I still can't find the, anywhere else online. The box and instructions all are dated so I don't think someone switched out the toy.

The smokestacks are also heightened.

[quote name='Vinny']That would be great if the Rewards dollars stack with the deal. Their rewards suck since they can't be used with games. Then again, I guess it doesn't really matter since my TRU doesn't stock any good TFs.[/QUOTE]

Rewards dollars do stack with in-store deals, but you're right: they rarely have anything good. I had $10 to use and all they had was Beast Hunters WJ, SW, and BB. I might have considered WJ, even though I think the electric mauve is ugly, but since I wouldn't even give the other two the time of day, I passed.

[quote name='Zmonkay']
FoC Soundwave: Decent figure, cool robot mode, gimmick doesn't work worth shit, overly simplistic transformation, far more solid/bulky than recent voyagers (a good thing).

FoC Cassettes (Frenzy, Rumble, Ravage, Ratbat): Cool idea, failed execution. Spring loaded TF's just don't work. Ratbat/Lazerbeak scheme works most of the time, but the others (especially Ravage) require too much manual tranformation, so the "autotransform" is just pointless.
[/QUOTE]

You bring up some fair points. I still kind of like it, and the gimmick on my Soundwave seems to work -- it's a little tight, but it launches and autotransforms (to the degree it can by itself). I also liked that they at least made it possible in the design to hold more than one cassette.

I would rather see ambition that doesn't quite achieve everything than yet another lazy-ass spring-loaded light-up weapon that looks like complete garbage.

[quote name='blandstalker']You bring up some fair points. I still kind of like it, and the gimmick on my Soundwave seems to work -- it's a little tight, but it launches and autotransforms (to the degree it can by itself). I also liked that they at least made it possible in the design to hold more than one cassette.

I would rather see ambition that doesn't quite achieve everything than yet another lazy-ass spring-loaded light-up weapon that looks like complete garbage.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all counts. I'm tempted to file down a little tab/raised area in the bottom center of the launcher. That's where all the disks seem to get stuck. I'm afraid I'll break them/can't get them out. Like I said, the lazerbeak/buzzsaw/ratbat transform scheme actually works, and doesn't require any manual additions. I love them. FIRRIB are cool and I can accept the additional steps, but Ravage is just garbage imho. The back legs don't auto spring worth shit, though that could be a defect in mine?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Winter 2011 when Prime first came out, they had a "preview" wave of figures consisting of BB, Starscream, Cliffjumper, Arcee, Vehicon, Prime, Bulkhead, and the Prime/Megatron 2-pack. They were TRU exclusive, but in the US we only got BB, Starscream, and Arcee.

Due to demand, Hasbro released them again as a shared Bigbadtoystore/TRU exclusive, and this time all were released in the US. They are completely different molds than what the "main" Prime line (Prime Robots in Disguise, or PRID) offered. IMHO they are also all uniformly better figures and I still weep at the glory that could have been if they continued with that style instead of the cost cutting PRID shit. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response about first editions. What could of been! I'm looking forward to FOC grimlock and Omega Supreme YOTS. I'm reliving this stuff with my son.

Any of you watch transformers prime? I'm debating whether I should buy the seasons on blu ray or DVD since I heard the quality is bland. Any experiences guys?

What is everyone's experience from ordering from bigbadtoystore.com? I see that Masterpiece Prowl is up for preorder.

What about the packaging for the import Masterpiece figures? Do they have some way of displaying them without taking out of the box? I'd wait for a US release, but don't want to risk that. Prowl is one of my favorites and has sentimental value. :)

[quote name='battledrill']Any of you watch transformers prime? I'm debating whether I should buy the seasons on blu ray or DVD since I heard the quality is bland. Any experiences guys?[/QUOTE]

I've enjoyed the series. If you get the Hub, they run episodes daily there. I also noticed the CW has started airing it in their Saturday morning animated block, so you could get a feel for the series. Though based on what I've seen them do to Dragon Ball Z Kai, it may be edited a bit there.

Early on, the kids were a bit too much front and center and annoying. Raf the deus ex machina computer guru, Miko causing more trouble than she's worth. Jack wasn't too bad, though. Your son probably won't mind that, though the kids become less of a nuisance as the series goes on.

Depending on how young your son is, it should probably be mentioned there are some deaths and close calls in the series, among both Autobots and Decepticons.

[quote name='howlinmad']What is everyone's experience from ordering from bigbadtoystore.com? I see that Masterpiece Prowl is up for preorder.

What about the packaging for the import Masterpiece figures? Do they have some way of displaying them without taking out of the box? I'd wait for a US release, but don't want to risk that. Prowl is one of my favorites and has sentimental value. :)[/QUOTE]

I've been buying from Big Bad Toy Store for about 10 years or so, and the only thing resembling a problem I've had with them was their announcement of opening Megatron toys and putting orange plugs on the barrel. I was able to find other import retailers that didn't do that, so it wasn't that big of a deal. They pack things up pretty well, using (IIRC) air filled bags for cushioning.

There are no windows on the Japanese Masterpiece boxes. If you want to show off the figure beyond the pictures on the box, you'll have to take it out.

I can't wait to see what MP Prowl and Smokescreen look like. Hopefully Smokescreen is slightly retooled to match the mold differences from G1, and that a Bluestreak follows.

[quote name='Bloomy']I've enjoyed the series. If you get the Hub, they run episodes daily there. I also noticed the CW has started airing it in their Saturday morning animated block, so you could get a feel for the series. Though based on what I've seen them do to Dragon Ball Z Kai, it may be edited a bit there.

Early on, the kids were a bit too much front and center and annoying. Raf the deus ex machina computer guru, Miko causing more trouble than she's worth. Jack wasn't too bad, though. Your son probably won't mind that, though the kids become less of a nuisance as the series goes on.

Depending on how young your son is, it should probably be mentioned there are some deaths and close calls in the series, among both Autobots and Decepticons.

I've been buying from Big Bad Toy Store for about 10 years or so, and the only thing resembling a problem I've had with them was their announcement of opening Megatron toys and putting orange plugs on the barrel. I was able to find other import retailers that didn't do that, so it wasn't that big of a deal. They pack things up pretty well, using (IIRC) air filled bags for cushioning.

There are no windows on the Japanese Masterpiece boxes. If you want to show off the figure beyond the pictures on the box, you'll have to take it out.

I can't wait to see what MP Prowl and Smokescreen look like. Hopefully Smokescreen is slightly retooled to match the mold differences from G1, and that a Bluestreak follows.[/QUOTE]

Will check the show out thanks for the feedback!

BBTS is mixed for me. I have ordered from them many times and rarely have an issue. But a few years back when I ordered MP-Megatron they send 2 and charged for 2. I had ordered only 1 and they refused to do anything about it. Even further back during the WST Transformer days I seem to recall them being accused of weighing each "random" box and picking out the rares, so I won't buy anything randomly packed from them either.

Masterpiece Red Alert is in a windowless box, so there is no way to display it without taking out of the box. I assume Prowl will be a similar deal.

[quote name='howlinmad']What is everyone's experience from ordering from bigbadtoystore.com? I see that Masterpiece Prowl is up for preorder.

What about the packaging for the import Masterpiece figures? Do they have some way of displaying them without taking out of the box? I'd wait for a US release, but don't want to risk that. Prowl is one of my favorites and has sentimental value. :)[/QUOTE]

I believe the transformers prime blu was a limited edition or something like that and pretty expensive. Not sure if that's changed. It's also available on Netflix.

The masterpiece boxes used to be massive for what was inside the box but with sideswipe they were much more economical, making for cheaper shipping from importers. But yeah no windows.

I don't blame BBTS for the orange barrel thing, and they were easy enough to remove. They are reputable, though, and pile of loot is a cool feature I wish others would implement. Just be sure, like always, to shop around since these are popular enough to be at many different stores.

[quote name='wastedyouth']Anyone know a way to tell the difference in the new kre-o minifigs? I didn't see any numbers like the last six.[/QUOTE]

The numbers on the ones at my store were at the top of the bag on the back. The last two numbers on mine were 40 through 52 or something like that.

bread's done
Back