10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryosnk']Go to hasbrorewards.com and print out some transformers coupons.[/QUOTE]

Just to save people the time, if you don't like the Beast Hunters stuff then don't bother looking through the Hasbro coupons. If you do like BH, then there's a $3 off $10 for single BH toy purchase and $5 off the BH Optimus Kre-O set.

Oh, there's also a $3 off single Rescue Heroes toy for those of you who like those.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']I'm a Hasbro loyalist, but I pre-ordered both at HLJ.[/QUOTE]

When it comes to Masterpiece, you're a lot safer getting them from Takara instead of waiting for Hasbro.

Such as Hasbro still not doing MP-11.... but instead giving us Acid Storm.

And Hasbro skipping MP Sideswipe and Red Alert due to licensing issues. Apparently, the rumor is Takara has already lost the Lambo license too so we won't be seeing Sideswipe and Red Alert again from them and most likely never from Hasbro.

When it comes to Prowl and that mold, who knows if Hasbro will shell out for the license to bring them out here since MP figures are so niche to begin with, only being sold at TRU. The other downside is if you wait for Hasbro and stores sell out of Takara Prowl, his price will double almost overnight on eBay. Just look at Sideswipe.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro skips the Datsun mold next year and brings MP-20 instead (who will probably be announced and out in Japan by the time of Toy Fair 2014 which would let Hasbro announce it, just like Soundwave this year), who is more than likely a figure without licensing issues.

For 2014, I could see Hasbro doing MP-20 if it's a non licensed character and out by then along with Sunstorm or the Nemesis version of MP-10. Hasbro just seems too damn cheap these days and MPs are too niche for them to bother getting licenses for real world cars.

[quote name='animalspinners']When it comes to Masterpiece, you're a lot safer getting them from Takara instead of waiting for Hasbro.

Such as Hasbro still not doing MP-11.... but instead giving us Acid Storm.

And Hasbro skipping MP Sideswipe and Red Alert due to licensing issues. Apparently, the rumor is Takara has already lost the Lambo license too so we won't be seeing Sideswipe and Red Alert again from them and most likely never from Hasbro.

When it comes to Prowl and that mold, who knows if Hasbro will shell out for the license to bring them out here since MP figures are so niche to begin with, only being sold at TRU. The other downside is if you wait for Hasbro and stores sell out of Takara Prowl, his price will double almost overnight on eBay. Just look at Sideswipe.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro skips the Datsun mold next year and brings MP-20 instead (who will probably be announced and out in Japan by the time of Toy Fair 2014 which would let Hasbro announce it, just like Soundwave this year), who is more than likely a figure without licensing issues.

For 2014, I could see Hasbro doing MP-20 if it's a non licensed character and out by then along with Sunstorm or the Nemesis version of MP-10. Hasbro just seems too damn cheap these days and MPs are too niche for them to bother getting licenses for real world cars.[/QUOTE]
After reading your post I ended up ordering MP-17, 18, and 19. I also ordered Tiger Track since Sideswipe and Red Alert were OOS (had no idea until reading your post :( ).

I hope to get Acid Storm and Soundwave when they come to TRU. I have Rodimus, Optimus, Grimlock, and Thundercracker from there. Sadly never got Skywarp or Starscream though.

[quote name='pjb16']After reading your post I ended up ordering MP-17, 18, and 19. I also ordered Tiger Track since Sideswipe and Red Alert were OOS (had no idea until reading your post :( ).

I hope to get Acid Storm and Soundwave when they come to TRU. I have Rodimus, Optimus, Grimlock, and Thundercracker from there. Sadly never got Skywarp or Starscream though.[/QUOTE]

That's the best thing to do, I think.

Sure, the Hasbro releases will be cheaper if they come but we're not just dealing with Transformers anymore -- we're dealing with licensing too. And licensing can get expensive. These are mass market items for Takara that are picked up by a ton of import retailers on top of it and sell extremely fast. The worst part is once they sell out, the price starts shooting up fast.

In the US, Masterpieces are limited to one store and one store only -- TRU. So now you're talking about Hasbro getting the license for this one store exclusive, which they probably feel just isn't worth it at all, because on top of it they need to add in other reasons to get people who imported these to double dip.

This is the same Hasbro who consistently is cutting corners to save a buck every time they can, so there is no way they shell out for the licensing for these figures.

Maybe if they opened up this "exclusive" to online retailers, but for some (stupid) reason Hasbro insists on making them a TRU exclusive, most likely to foster good will with TRU. I've seen it said that Hasbro specifically offers TRU these exclusives first to help keep them afloat because if TRU went under, Hasbro is at the mercy of Wal-Mart. It makes sense too -- a ton of Hasbro's regular release figures hit TRU first, sometimes a full month or two ahead of everyone else.

We'll probably see another MP-10 situation with Soundwave where he shows up in-store once or twice then completely vanishes and goes for nearly triple on the secondary market. It's for that reason I got the Takara one and bought both sets of tapes. Yea, it's way more expensive than getting it at TRU but getting MP-10 was a complete and outright pain in the ass so I'd rather pay more, get the figures now and just avoid that headache for once.

http://imgur.com/a/eZxTp

Here's my modest Transformers collection.

I've only been collecting for about 3 years now so. If I had a (long-term) girlfriend my collection would've been significantly smaller I think (along with my video game collection). LOL

[quote name='def PD']http://imgur.com/a/eZxTp

I've only been collecting for about 3 years now so. If I had a (long-term) girlfriend my collection would've been significantly smaller I think (along with my video game collection). LOL[/QUOTE]

Really cool. I'm still on the lookout for the autobot data disks.

I've only been collecting for about 3 years now so. If I had a (long-term) girlfriend my collection would've been significantly smaller I think (along with my video game collection). LOL[/QUOTE]

Nice collection!

Nice. Like the way you've displayed them!

I'd share a pic of my collection, but it's just 20-something storage bins...

[quote name='animalspinners']That's the best thing to do, I think.

Sure, the Hasbro releases will be cheaper if they come but we're not just dealing with Transformers anymore -- we're dealing with licensing too. And licensing can get expensive. These are mass market items for Takara that are picked up by a ton of import retailers on top of it and sell extremely fast. The worst part is once they sell out, the price starts shooting up fast.

In the US, Masterpieces are limited to one store and one store only -- TRU. So now you're talking about Hasbro getting the license for this one store exclusive, which they probably feel just isn't worth it at all, because on top of it they need to add in other reasons to get people who imported these to double dip.

This is the same Hasbro who consistently is cutting corners to save a buck every time they can, so there is no way they shell out for the licensing for these figures.

Maybe if they opened up this "exclusive" to online retailers, but for some (stupid) reason Hasbro insists on making them a TRU exclusive, most likely to foster good will with TRU. I've seen it said that Hasbro specifically offers TRU these exclusives first to help keep them afloat because if TRU went under, Hasbro is at the mercy of Wal-Mart. It makes sense too -- a ton of Hasbro's regular release figures hit TRU first, sometimes a full month or two ahead of everyone else.

We'll probably see another MP-10 situation with Soundwave where he shows up in-store once or twice then completely vanishes and goes for nearly triple on the secondary market. It's for that reason I got the Takara one and bought both sets of tapes. Yea, it's way more expensive than getting it at TRU but getting MP-10 was a complete and outright pain in the ass so I'd rather pay more, get the figures now and just avoid that headache for once.[/QUOTE]

Hope you got yours and aren't falling victim to the RobotKingdom situation I just read about (not placing any blame on RobotKingdom).

For the week of 4/7, TRU's ad will have a 30% coupon off all transformers figures. No print ad for this week so the coupon will have to be printed while viewing the digital ad.

[quote name='pjb16']Hope you got yours and aren't falling victim to the RobotKingdom situation I just read about (not placing any blame on RobotKingdom).[/QUOTE]

What RobotKingdom situation?

I know there is a TFSource situation going on with MP Soundwave.

I get all my figures from BBTS so I'm good in that regard. Had my Soundwave since release, my Red Alert should be coming in this week :)

[quote name='animalspinners']What RobotKingdom situation?

I know there is a TFSource situation going on with MP Soundwave.

I get all my figures from BBTS so I'm good in that regard. Had my Soundwave since release, my Red Alert should be coming in this week :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is TFSource and I have them mixed up.

[quote name='dv8mad']Is anyone interested in a NIB Encore 23 Fortress Maximus?

Not the Ebay Hong Kong version, but an official from Japan![/QUOTE]

Mine is being delivered today! :cool:

Oh, I guess you asked if anyone wanted to buy yours, haha. From what I remember about this thread, a lot of people here don't have any interest in the higher-priced Transformers. If you're looking to sell one, you'd do better on something like TFW.

I'd love a Fort Max, but G1 figs at those prices just don't swing it for me sadly. I still remember buying an imported Beast Wars II (or Neo?) Trypticon for like 90 bucks and thinking "wtf is this shit"? I got spoiled as a kid by getting so many for dirt cheap at garage sales haha. I'm just afraid I'd have the same buyer's remorse with Fort Max.

Same reason I'm waffling on buying the new Metroplex. G1 Metroplex for 12 bucks (complete minus box, even had instruction sheet!) at a garage sale when I was 8? fuck yes. 100 bucks for what looks to be largely the same "brick" of a figure... I really don't know.

Was also burned on the reissued Predaking (haha, still have it floating in a trade list that hasn't been updated in forever...). Have a G1 Tantrum, love gestalts, always wanted a Predaking. 200 dollars later I am disappoint.

Found Voyager Generations Springer today in Target. Only one -- no sign of Blitzwing.

I haven't opened it yet. I'm a little worried, as it looks a little cheap, both in terms of plastic and (lack of) paint and the helicopter mode looks...well...sad. That said, the car mode looks better than ever. It's kind of the reverse of Warbot Defender.

im an old school fan, had a pretty nice collection as a kid. still got most of them, heck i even had that one that was a space shuttle that turned into a big bird and a lion. got a optimus in really good shape, dont have his weapons though, also got a sound wave that almost looks brand new. i got ravage, lazerbeak and rumble to, but they are in just so so shape. my favorite one back in the day was ultra magnus, he was basically a optimus repaint, but i remember i walked into a Hills store with like 5 bucks to spend and instead of being 24.99, the 2 was left off and i got him for the fiver i had. good to see people still like these things

[quote name='animalspinners']That's the best thing to do, I think.

We'll probably see another MP-10 situation with Soundwave where he shows up in-store once or twice then completely vanishes and goes for nearly triple on the secondary market. It's for that reason I got the Takara one and bought both sets of tapes. Yea, it's way more expensive than getting it at TRU but getting MP-10 was a complete and outright pain in the ass so I'd rather pay more, get the figures now and just avoid that headache for once.[/QUOTE]

I dont think you understand how it really works. For starters Walmart has had the MPs before so its not always TRU. Secondly dont blame Hasbro for only selling them at TRU, blame the other stores. Hasbro shops these exclusives around and stores like Walmart and Target pass because they dont think they can sell a higher end niche product like MPs that are tied to a movie or tv show. TRU on the other hand deals with many niche toys that you cant find anywhere else so they usually offer to sell them. I think Walmart is done after the Skywarp fiasco. I just TRU would get better at estimating demand and offer them online in larger quantities. I took the chance with MP10 because the Takara price was just way too much and I managed to get one from TRU.com. With Takara making MPs at a much faster rate, I cant see TRU carrying this many of them.

Found Blitzwing, but I had to go to four Targets. All of them had the shelf tags, but none but the last had any stock.

I can't quite figure out this case assortment. When I found Springer, it was only Springer and nothing else. Today, there was 1 Springer, 1 Blitzwing, and 4 or so Soundwaves.

Blitzwing looks much nicer than Springer, though the yellow on the head is way overdone.

[quote name='TheGame2K5']I dont think you understand how it really works. For starters Walmart has had the MPs before so its not always TRU. Secondly dont blame Hasbro for only selling them at TRU, blame the other stores. [/quote]

Hasbro and TRU, apart but especially together, deserve a lot of blame here.

Hasbro has partnered with other retailers, and apart from their poorly executed MP Starscream with Wal-Mart, have managed to distribute well and get product to consumers.

They've worked with Amazon. I ordered Bruticus. Others ordered the new Omega Supreme or Prime. You could actually get a preorder. It was not rocket science.

They've worked with BBTS. Pretty much the same. It can be done.

They've done exclusives with Target. Maybe Target is afraid of having to clearance high-ticket items, but they sell several Lego sets that are over $100. I can't believe Target doesn't want the people who want high-priced Transformers as their customers. I know that I would never walk into TRU again if I could find all the TFs at Target. I'd tear up my TRU credit card tomorrow. If Hasbro can't sell that to Target, they're even more hopeless than I think they are.

And then there's TRU, which is pretty much the poster child for how NOT to do an exclusive. MP-10 is just the latest and greatest in a string of poorly executed botch jobs.

They never learn. They never improve. It's the same half-assed we-don't-give-a-shit job every year. One wonders what either one gets out of it, since collectors get the shaft and only eBay makes any money off it.

TRU is a shitty company that's just getting worse each year. I was there yesterday, hoping to score Blitzwing. Of course they didn't have it. What did they have?

Tons of Cyberverse Maximus. DOTM Deluxes and walkie-talkies. A whole row of DOTM Autobot Arks. A shitload of Generations Swerve (which must be a thing, because the other local TRU also has a shitload of Swerve and nothing else.) GI Joe vehicles right through the middle of the Transformer section.

Fully half the shelf space is for outdated product nobody wants anymore and will sit there consuming space. And this, sadly, is the best TRU in my local network of about six stores.

Last year they did a service where you could preorder the "hot" holiday toys to reserve them. Why they didn't do this for MP-10 is a mystery, as it's a perfect item and they probably would have at least doubled their sales. Probably more, since I doubt most people even know it existed, much less ever saw one.

Hasbro also has an online storefront and it's a joke. The only things they carry are the things nobody needs, and they are so unreliable for carrying their own product that they're useless.

TRU also partners with Lego and you know what? Every last "exclusive" can also be ordered from Lego's website or purchased in a Lego store. All the time. Hasbro could do the same. They just...don't.

There are no good reasons why this can't be better from both Hasbro and TRU. It's all just excuses for shoddy service and we-don't-really-give-a-fuck.

You would think that if Hasbro put out more mp-10's last year that it would be like printing money for them... Look at eBay at some of the inflated prices of Masterpiece figs and old classics; again opportunity cost forgone.

I'm sure they have some math somewhere that says new toys with lots of rubber and case assortments of a ton of bumblebee make them money but you'd think after even a few years they would get it.

Where I live (in Phoenix). I scour our stores with a fine tooth comb with regularity and I have concluded that they sell mostly to adult collectors rather than kiddies/mommies based on what shelfwarms and what doesn't. Their pricing changes over the years too have not helped; other toys are cheaper and are easier for kids to figure out and less prone to breaking.

Having spent some time with Springer...

First impression: terrible

Second impression: still not great, but not as bad as I thought

Good things: It's a nice size, the robot mode is great and the car mode is also quite nice, with some Chromedome and Batman Begins vibes. Once you actually figure out how to tab together the car, it's stable. Mostly.

Bad things: One of the worst paint jobs I've ever gotten. Helicopter mode is a loss. Cheap, thin plastic, and overall cheapness really brings down some of the usability/playability and makes some of the tabs pointless. It affects both robot (chest/arms) and car modes, too.

Springer is a little more spindly as a robot than I'm used to, but it works. It gives a nice size to the figure. He's well proportioned with very little kibble.

Helicopter mode, though. Ugh. I can't even say nice try. It's ugly from every angle, the sides don't lock in and flop about, and it looks like they just stopped trying at some point -- the sides are a joke. I just don't understand what they were trying to accomplish with the arms/sides -- one part locks in very tight, but the rest doesn't and it just flops. The car side windows just hang off the back. What the hell?

I found car mode initially frustrating, but it does all lock and tab together. You really have to figure this out, though. The first time I did it, it didn't hold and touching it anywhere dislodged everything. The car wouldn't even sit right, wobbling on uneven wheels.

The second time, I found that many of the tabs do work but you really have to feel for them and do them just so. It's not as bad as ROTF Mudflap in terms of panel panic, but it's not obvious. The car is also gappy (by design), so if you try to "fix" this, you end up making everything worse.

The car looks better each time I look at it. It's substantial and imposing. I like everything except the 'fins' on the back because they're cheap and don't lock into place. Also, the flaps on the fins fall off easily. Still, the transformation has lots of nice touches and is interesting, and it looks pretty good.

The paint job on mine ranges from great to abysmal. The silver rotor looks great, but other silver apps look mottled, like they forgot a second coat. The yellow is terrible -- there are some grey/clear parts painted yellow, and they also look like they forgot a coat. It's also sloppy.

The cost cutting also shows in the plastic. Some of it is very thin and practically KO quality. It's not brittle, but it's thin and cheap feeling. Also, there are some thin struts in the chest that worry me because you have to move them for every transformation.

The rotor/sword is genius -- the best one of these I've ever seen. The sword looks like a sword. It unfolds in half and the rotor snaps down, creating a convincing rotor. A+ effort here. Too bad it's on a D- helicopter.

The gun is okay. It looks nice. It feels cheap. I also can't figure out how to lock it into the helicopter -- the instructions are no help and it's not at all obvious. Would have been better as a spring-loaded weapon, too.

Overall, I'm somewhat disappointed. Robot's good. Car's good. Helicopter's a hot mess. The car is somewhat hampered by what I'm calling the gap-tab problem: you see something you want to adjust, which causes a tab to dislodge, which causes something else which needs adjustment, and on and on. God help you if you just want the car to be stable and the sword to be stored under the car. If you ever manage it, never touch the figure again.

It's no Warbot Defender. Then again, Warbot Defender was not 22.99. You do get a lot for your 22.99, but cost reductions and overall cheapification make this a lot less good than it could have been. Springer and G1 fans should get it, as even with the flaws, it's worth the price. Just a little sad that it's not all that it could have been.

[quote name='MrSneis']
I'm sure they have some math somewhere that says new toys with lots of rubber and case assortments of a ton of bumblebee make them money but you'd think after even a few years they would get it.[/QUOTE]

I think they definitely get it now.

Transformers flatlined in sales for the last quarter according to Hasbro, hell their entire action figure section was a bust. The company has just seen massive layoffs, including Aaron Archer leaving the company. If you don't know who he is, he's been instrumental to the brand for almost 20 years now and had a lot of love for the fans.

In fact, a lot of the long time supporters of collectors who worked at the company were just laid off.

It will be very interesting to see the direction they push the brand in now that there is entirely new teams of people helming the ship.

[quote name='animalspinners'] The company has just seen massive layoffs, including Aaron Archer leaving the company. If you don't know who he is, he's been instrumental to the brand for almost 20 years now and had a lot of love for the fans. [/QUOTE]

Oh SHIT, how the hell did I miss that news?

IDK though, those new combiners in Japan look to have a mighty tastey "Brave"-ness to them. If that was a new direction I'd be all over it (although we don't even know if we'll see those 6 figs stateside. I doubt Brave aesthetics would be as popular here :whistle2:( )

And blandstalker thanks for the Springer review. I'm still hunting for him, Blitzwing, and Shockwave. He looks like a very good mold suffering terribly from Hasbro's cost-cutting measures.

Managed to snag Springer, Blitzwing, BH Shockwave, and FoC Grimlock. Good thing that tax return came handy! Also snagged 2 Nerf rifles for a battle I got scheduled in about 3 weeks. LOL

This is partially why I don't have a girlfriend. =P

Heads up! I picked up a full set of Kre-O Minifigs, Series 2 at Target today.

Wasn't sure I wanted to, but they had 3 boxes and a full run, so rather than dither and pay the price later, I got them. Plus, Bulkhead and Arcee!

So jealous of you guys finding new stuff haha. Most recent finds were Cyberverse Soundwave (tiny, but a decent legends class fig) and Voyager Shockwave (beautiful robot mode, terrible "tank" mode and pathetic transformation).

[quote name='mickeyp']I got springer and Blitzwing yesterday. My son likes generations series the best.[/QUOTE]
Are you hiding the Alternators and Masterpiece figures from him?

[quote name='Bloomy']Are you hiding the Alternators and Masterpiece figures from him?[/QUOTE]

Afraid to ask for the link to these- like I need to spend more $!

Considering the Alternators aren't being sold in the U.S. any more (which means they'll probably be VERY expensive and the Binaltechs are fairly expensive) and Masterpiece figures run upwards of $100, I'd say to keep them away from your son unless he's old enough to know the difference between a "toy" and a "collectible".

However, that is not to tell you to keep them from him forever. It's always nice to have another Transformers fan, especially one from the next generation.

[quote name='Zmonkay']So jealous of you guys finding new stuff haha. Most recent finds were Cyberverse Soundwave (tiny, but a decent legends class fig) and Voyager Shockwave (beautiful robot mode, terrible "tank" mode and pathetic transformation).[/QUOTE]

I've not seen Voyager Shockwave at all.

I'm a little concerned again. I've been to a bunch of Targets recently, and none of them had Generations Voyagers. I haven't seen them at all in Wal-Marts since finding Blaster and Grimlock, and then only that once. And I haven't seen them at TRU lately either.

What's the deal? It's one of the major product lines, and one which is apparently selling. Yet there are none.

I think I may preorder Sandstorm on BBTS. I'd hate to miss it just because I don't go to Target some week.

Amazon Warehouse Deals has a Generations Blitzwing for $19.40

Here's the link

I haven't ordered Transformers off AWD before, but they frequently have Legos and the only "defect" is damage to the box. They are not "used" in any sense of the word. This is a good option if you can't locate one locally.

If I didn't have one, I would order this without hesitation.

My MAN! Thanks!

Also have Generations Bumblebee with Blazemaster: http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...ebee-Blazemaster/dp/B00A92GKKS/ref=pd_sim_t_3

Cyberverse Commander Shockwave: http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...Specialist/dp/B00B2LZFU6/ref=pd_bxgy_t_text_z

Prime Deluxe Dreadwing: http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Hunters-Deluxe-Dreadwing-Figure/dp/B00A92GMDI/ref=pd_sim_t_5

All are at or just slightly above retail. Free shipping+no tax makes these all no-brainers to me. Sadly generations cyberverse prime is overpriced, as are skystalker and grimwing.

so after many months of searching, i still have not come across a single FoC grimlock in stores. if anyone has an extra theyd like to get rid of, id gladly buy it from you

so after many months of searching, i still have not come across a single FoC grimlock in stores. if anyone has an extra theyd like to get rid of, id gladly buy it from you
I haven't seen any past the initial supply, back in February. I saw them a few times, then that was it. For awhile, I thought Hasbro was going to be stocking things in a sane manner, but now I can see they're back to last year's games: blink and they're gone for good.

The only Generations Voyagers I come across now are Soundwaves, because they were shipped multiple times to every retailer. Most stores don't have any Generations Voyagers anymore. They all have tons of BH Predaking. I'm not sure if they shipped too many, kids don't want it, or both.

Once again, stores have OD'ed on the product line that isn't selling, and don't have any of the product line that is selling. Someone has really dropped the ball. Again.

You can order Generations Soundwave on HTS. That's the only Generations Voyager you can get from them -- you know, the one you can actually find in stores. fuck you, Hasbro.

I finally did preorder Sandstorm on BBTS.

This is a little off topic ... I live pretty close to Orlando and this weekend the Universal Studios Transformers ride is opening so our newspaper did a feature on some local Transformers collectors. I got a few quotes in the article and she put one of my Botcon photos in the slideshow.

Rather than give my real name here  :ziplip: , let's just say I am the "36 year old database programmer, married father of five".

The main guy they featured has a collection that's pretty mind-blowing (see the video). My collection is modest compared to that.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20130619/ENTERTAINMENT/306180046/Transformers-fans-edge-seats-Universal-Studios-readies-new-ride?nclick_check=1

Nice article.  Forwarded it to my parents to show them I'm not alone.  Aced their quiz, including the question they had wrong.

Toy pics of MP Smokescreen are out.  Sweet.

http://www.animetoynews.com/transformers-masterpiece-smokescreen-mp-19-revealed-photos/

Got a preorder notice from BBTS this morning, looks like the next main line MP figures will be Wheeljack and Bumblebee.  I thought they'd keep going with molds they could do easy repaints for (Ironhide / Ratchet, Trailbreaker / Hoist, Inferno / Grapple), but I won't complain about 2 new molds with limited reuse.  (Remember that Cliffjumper was a Porsche, not a VW bug, and Goldbug would require a bit of robot mold retooling to keep his G1 look.)  Curious about Bumblebee, though, if Takara was able to come to a license agreement with VW, if they're trying to go ahead without a license because of the popularity of the character, or if they'll use something like the Mini Cooper at the vehicle mode.  Or BBTS could be wrong, but I don't want that, because I'd love to see all the '84 and '85 releases get the MP treatment.

There's also a G2 repaint of MP Sideswipe coming, and a fan pick for an MP of an Autobot leader.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/masterpiece-g2-sideswipe-30th-anniversary-masterpiece-fans-choice-characters-revealed-177742/

Tough to choose.  For me, first to eliminate are the Unicron trilogy ones (Armada, Energon, Cybertron).  Just not interested enough in those over the others.  Curious how Optimus Primal and R.I.D. Prime could be improved upon as Masterpieces, since I think they're pretty much perfect in their original incarnations.  Show accurate with good transformations and articulation.  Fort Max, Star Saber and Dai Atlas could use modern retools, though MP Fort Max will probably never be big enough and MP Star Saber will need an eventual MP Victory Leo to combine with.  Wonder if MP Powermaster Prime would include the 2nd trailer.

BBTS is shipping out my big pile of loot.  MPs Sideswipe, Red Alert, Soundwave and cassette 2-packs, eHobby Rodimus, Encore Fort Max, reissue Seacon set.  Can't wait.

Release date hasn't been announced yet. I imagine they'll either announce the date at Botcon (6/27-30) or Comic-Con (7/18-21). The US box art was revealed a couple weeks ago.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/hasbro-masterpiece-soundwave-packaged-official-images-177695/
Thank goodness! I thought I missed it, or it was cancelled. I hate the box, but the numbering lets me know that there will be more masterpiece figures coming. I'd really be happy just collecting the masterpiece figures.

Heads up!  Big Lots has gotten plenty of Tranformers Prime : RID

I have found multiple Vehicons in every Big Lots I've been to, plus Airachnid at one today.  I've also seen: Ratchet, Dead End, Hot Shot, and Breakdown.  $8 apiece

The very first Big Lots I went to also had DC Universe Wave 20, though I've only seen it at the one.  If anyone goes to Big Lots and sees Hawk and Dove, I'll trade for them.

The main guy they featured has a collection that's pretty mind-blowing (see the video). My collection is modest compared to that.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20130619/ENTERTAINMENT/306180046/Transformers-fans-edge-seats-Universal-Studios-readies-new-ride?nclick_check=1
I laughed when I saw his Farrah Fawcett poster; totally cemented the room as more-or-less '80s-themed. All that was missing was a poster of either a Countach, Testarossa, or 959. Or that tennis poster; you know the one.

I went to Universal on Grand Opening day but didn't wake up early enough to see the ceremonies. Was walking through the parking structure when I heard jets flying overhead and explosions in the distance. I even dared to wear a black shirt in the horrible heat & humidity, albeit the nifty Peter Cullen/Superman-like Optimus Prime "secret identity" charity shirt (received many kudos from the park staff). Would've been great if I could've gotten a photo op w/ him & Welker. I already had the small Evac toy from when they did a wide release, and I had intended to get the Deluxe size but balked when I saw the $25 price tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back