10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the TRUs in Cincinnati had both Soundwave and Acid Storm in stock. I grabbed SW, and there was still one left.

I'm worried Acid Storm is gonna be a huge shelf warmer.  I, and many TF collectors I know, have less than zero interest in him.

I only care if he shelf warms because I sincerely doubt TRU will register anything beyond "Oh, this toy didn't sell worth crap.  Even though SW sold like hotcakes, let's under-order the next TF exclusives, since they don't sell well", as opposed to "This is a toy based off a one-off, obscure character nobody really asked for, and is for a niche market in an already niche collector market"

Drove to a TRU 40 min out of town yesterday to pick up MP Soundwave (had the clerk hold it for me!). Worth it to not worry about hitting the store at opening and striking out anymore

Stopped by TRU in Memphis today not expecting anything since they did not even have the shelf tag last week.  (and during Thundercracker hunting I called and got 'Thunder who?' when I asked if it was in stock, and I was told during the last Prime MP that that was released years ago and no longer stocked.  

Looked and they had 2 shelf tags for Soundwave but empty.  I started down the isle to leave and happened to look back.  I saw a small purple box corner on the top shelf pushed all the way to the middle.  :)

Glad I looked back.  Just wish the box had a way to display him other than opening it.  I guess I'm in the minority here, but I liked the old packaging.  

I really don't understand SW's packaging.  It's MASSIVE, way way bigger than it has any need to be.  And there is no clear window at all, so keeping it mint and sealed is "I assume everything is here... maybe?". 

When you open it the way SW is in bot mode and everything is nicely arrayed in the tray, it seems the original intent was to have him displayable, but something changed along the way so they kept the tray and put a solid cardboard box around it.  Doesn't bother me as I open all my stuff but I can totally see it pissing off MISB collectors.

I just ordered for store pick up will see if it works.  Crossing fingers-my son really wants it will be his b-day present which was on Thursday and he was told he had to wait.  I called store and they said they don't have it in but website let me order it weird.

They cancelled my order, I am mad.  Trying again at another store.

I told myself I was done buying Transformers but I saw that a store in the area had Soundwave in stock.  I had to put in an order for pickup given this will probably be my only chance to get one.

Money might be getting tight for me soon but given how limited this thing is seemingly going to be I figure I can always re-sell it to re-coup my money if the need arises.

I found a Soundwave
shelf tag[/url] today, I checked up front and they said they had some in a city south of where I live but I wasn't going to make that drive. This was 7 or so hours ago but it anybody who lives or wants to make the drive Murrieta TRU showed them in stock.

I got soundwave today!  So happy gave him to my son.  He was really happy.  He wants to know if soundwave can hold the megatron gun.  I drove 40 mins to get him but I did pass a Dairy Queen so I got a chocolate shake. LOL  I also had a 20% coupon and got him for $104.27!  I placed an order online to pick up in store.  The first time it was cancelled the second time it worked.  

I got soundwave today! So happy gave him to my son. He was really happy. He wants to know if soundwave can hold the megatron gun. I drove 40 mins to get him but I did pass a Dairy Queen so I got a chocolate shake. LOL I also had a 20% coupon and got him for $104.27! I placed an order online to pick up in store. The first time it was cancelled the second time it worked.
Nice! SW can definitely hold the Megatron gun. Also, if you have any of the seaker molds (Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker) if you'll recall there was a tiny c-clip in the box. That's so you can clip it to the Megatron gun and peg under the nosecone of the jet, replicating something from the G1 cartoons!

BTW all, MP SW has a TON of "hidden" features that aren't described in the US instructions: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/948700-tru-masterpiece-soundwave-hidden-features.html

Ugh....still unopened. Can't bring myself to do it since all but one of my MP are still sealed. And I regret opening it. lol

Those of you who do open them, how do you keep them supported on the shelf? I know they don't stand that well to begin with, and being in a bonus room, there is some give to the floor that could cause vibration and make them fall.

Finally did it just ordered my Metroplex from Hasbro. Missed out on MP Soundwave and SDCC Metroplex. Use COMIC2013 to get 10% off. :whee:

Nice! SW can definitely hold the Megatron gun. Also, if you have any of the seaker molds (Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker) if you'll recall there was a tiny c-clip in the box. That's so you can clip it to the Megatron gun and peg under the nosecone of the jet, replicating something from the G1 cartoons!

BTW all, MP SW has a TON of "hidden" features that aren't described in the US instructions: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/948700-tru-masterpiece-soundwave-hidden-features.html
Thanks for that link, I'll show him all that! I am mad I traveled far to get him and now he is available closer to me, oh well!

I bought Transformers legends class 2 pack optimus prime and Bumblebee, megatron with Chop shop  and starscream with waspinator.  They seem nice my son only opened Optimus so far.

Anybody know anything about Tobot by Youngtoys?  This gestalt popped up on my eBay splash page, and I was intrigued.  Looks like the three cars do not have their own robot modes, but the gestalt is rather nice looking and rather unlike anything from Transformers.

There are also single car/bots, but they run around the $50 mark, and while they look nice, they don't look that nice.

No Soundwaves in 50 miles of me.  Sigh.

That's awesome. I've been trying to get my son into Transformers for a few years now, he's 6 and he's only slightly interested in them...oh well, more for me! :D

My Soundwave shipped, can't wait to get my hands on it...doubt I'll open it though. Maybe if I get lucky and snag a 2nd one, I'll open one and keep the other one sealed.

Anybody know anything about Tobot by Youngtoys? This gestalt popped up on my eBay splash page, and I was intrigued. Looks like the three cars do not have their own robot modes, but the gestalt is rather nice looking and rather unlike anything from Transformers.

There are also single car/bots, but they run around the $50 mark, and while they look nice, they don't look that nice.

No Soundwaves in 50 miles of me. Sigh.
Holy poop those are pretty cool!

I like this one a lot:

Transformer%20TOBOT-Z_02.jpg

Got a Soundwave at my local TRU (Columbia, MD) this morning.  Have another one coming in tomorrow from TRU.com, so my brother will get a nice surprise at Christmas, or maybe his wedding.  Not sure what his wife would think of it, but it would kinda cover 3 of the categories (something old, new and blue).

TRU's in-store inventory system seems as bad as the web site.  After I bought one, the guy checked the store system and said they had gotten in 10.  The one I just had just purchased wasn't deducted from their in stock numbers, so there was no way to know how many others had been sold before I got there about 15 minutes after the store opened.  On my way out, I did see one at the service desk.

Those Tobots look pretty slick.

Went to 2 TRUs today.  I can't go in the morning, so I went in the afternoon.

The first had shelf tags for Acid Storm, but nothing.

The second had 11 Acid Storms.  11!  And a sign saying 1 each of him and Soundwave per customer, but Soundwave was sold out.

I can hit a few TRUs early tomorrow, so fingers crossed.  Otherwise, my teaching job starts up again next week, meaning mornings are impossible.  I sure hope there are more coming.

I'll say something nice about Acid Storm: the packaging is beautiful.  Too bad my interest is less than zero. :p

My son of 5 gets frustrated trying to transform them but I usually help him. He enjoys playin with Kreons muh more.

I have been showing him and my daughter G1 transformers cartoons and they both enjoy them so far. I love having them by my side watching these classics. :)

I just ordered soundwave with in store pick up. Although I feel I should just go to the store directly. I'll see if this works.

If you get the email that it's ready to be picked up, they have it.

I ordered my MP Soundwave the other day via in-store pick-up. Got the email saying it was ready about half an hour later. Actually picked it up a few days later due to time constraints. Love it! Although mine seems to be missing its instructions....

In non-Soundwave news, I finally got around to opening some of the Kre-O Wave 2 single figures.  I'd been putting them off.

And they're good!  Vehicle modes still suck, but it looks like they got rid of the chest-covering shields and they also spent a little more money on paint, putting decos on the legs as well as the chest.  It really helps.

So far, I've only opened Groove, Hoist, and Perceptor, but they're all good.  You can still find these at Target, and they're worth seeking out.  More on these as I open more of them, but I haven't even gotten to the ones I really wanted.

Also, IDW Trailbreaker is very good.  Transformation is a little more fiddly and a little less elegant than Megatron, but it's still good.  Both modes are dead on (although robot mode is significantly less tubby), and there's almost no kibble in robot mode.  Paint apps are nice and appropriate, as are the plastic color choices.

It's a little less decorated than G1 Trailbreaker and the unpainted hubcaps bug me as usual.  Still, what's there is nice and doesn't feel underdone.

The comic book is really good, too.

I haven't owned any Transformers since I was a child in the 80s. I just haven't been able to bring myself to buy any MP or other of the cool transformers I see. The MP ones look so awesome though.

That gestalt is pretty damn sweet.  I like that the line has a different aesthetic than your typical transforming robot line.

Got IDW Bee and Megs.  Both are pretty cool, and a step in the right direction imho in terms of complexity.  Still hunting for Trailbreaker ( fuck you Trail"cutter") and Orion Pax.

Abominus is... an abomination in combined mode.  Just very bad.  Suffers from "core is same size class as limbs" problem Bruticus has.  Individual figures area actually pretty darn nice for legends, and I appreciate the attempt at a gestalt, but I think Legends Devy was a much better combined mode.

On a side note, Abominus is actually in the TF:Go! shorts (6:00, 6:28 for individuals and combined examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQSq10LTtw

Metroplex should arrive today!  time to spend half the day putting on stickers! :D

I got Metroplex in the other day (along with plenty of other loot), and even though I knew he'd be big (and had seen pictures), I was still on awe of how big he was.  Blew me away.

Jetfire. My brother broke mine Christmas morning...I never got another one.

probably the highest quality Transformer I had. I remember it having a lot of metal.

I was so pissed at my cousin when he sold his Jetfire.  I have one with a broken arm, no red boosters, and for some reason it's plastic is all yellowed (too much sun prolly).  His was freaking prestine.  Bastard sold it for 10 bucks at a garage sale in 2002...

Finally got my Metroplex and found an Orion Pax too.  Pax is really really nice, though the torso transformation is tight as hell and I feel I'm going to break him.

Metroplex... to be honest, I almost didn't get him.  Pictures just didn't do it for me, and the simplistic transformation was a huge let down.  Well, still simple, but daaamn if I don't love this guy.  Just... so... BIG!  He'd also be possible as all get out if only his joints were tighter :(  Seriously, TONS of articulation, but floppy/top heavy.

I was so pissed at my cousin when he sold his Jetfire. I have one with a broken arm, no red boosters, and for some reason it's plastic is all yellowed (too much sun prolly). His was freaking prestine. Bastard sold it for 10 bucks at a garage sale in 2002...
Pass some of that anger on to him by showing him what nice ones go for on eBay. My Jetfire also started to yellow, as did my brother's Ratchet. Was surprised see how white Cheapy's is. No rubsign on the head, either, might have a Macross symbol on the one wing. Wonder which Roller was more common, my brother's was purple. Cheapy's Jazz also looks like it's missing the head / windshield / roof piece. I think that's a common breakpoint, the windshield broke off my Bluestreak's head back in the day, and I won a Prowl in a Usenet auction back in the 90s where the plastic had stress marks at the base of the windshield as well.

I think that's also one of the wing guns from an X-Wing fighter under Prime.

Orion Pax and his wave mates are up on amazon from amazon. Still a little pricey.

Got the main three from Transformers Go and the combined form is almost universally a top heavy mess.

I need help cag brothers.

I was at tru and came upon the Grimlock vs Devastator Platinum set. It looks amazing.  However, its $100 fricking bucks. Is anyone aware of a coupon for tru out there?

Dammit, I was at TRU to pick up Ducktales Remastered today and asked the clerk when they're gonna get Soundwave in (I kept checking the website store locator) and he said they go some two weeks ago. fucking shit, looks like I missed out.:whistle2:

bread's done
Back