10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear I only paid about 60 for my original release MP Grimlock.  Though I did luck out and get him online before he popped up in stores and they kept raising prices on him...

Also regarding mistransformed figs:  Every figure is mistransformed for this line.  I don't get it.  Package them in either bot mode or robot mode, not some mashup that's been twisted to fit in the packaging.  Kind of frustrating.

Although I already have the 2010 hasbro release I picked up the new mp Grimlock for the attractive price. I realize folks are saying the 2010 release is better quality but mine has a loose tab on the front of the leg that's always bothered me. So after I open the new mp and compare the two I'll probably sell the old one if anyone is interested, can send pics of the leg.

I swear I only paid about 60 for my original release MP Grimlock. Though I did luck out and get him online before he popped up in stores and they kept raising prices on him...

Also regarding mistransformed figs: Every figure is mistransformed for this line. I don't get it. Package them in either bot mode or robot mode, not some mashup that's been twisted to fit in the packaging. Kind of frustrating.
I don't remember how much it was but I do remember TRU did raise the price on it.

My TRU had one in stock and it was $80. I did pick up wave 5 of the kreons minus Nightbeat cause it wasn't there. They never put out wave 4 though and still had wave 3 in one of those dispensers.

I tried to get the Grimlock yesterday and it's nowhere in Ga. It did list as 59.99 everywhere. Is it getting a restock? I'd hate to think it's already an ebay only item.

Sadly while it does seem to be getting restocks they are hiking the price up to 80 pretty much everywhere it seems, so if/when he comes in they'll probably jack up the price.  Still cheaper than before this re-release, but that's small consolation.

On the topic of the AoE line being mistransformed in package: I've picked up a few of the dinobots so far and a couple autobots and it seems like they've all been purposely mistransformed for two reasons that I can see 1) less packaging and 2) less risk of damage in transit.

For the dinobots especially, there are lot of small spiky bits that are folded away or otherwise out of harm's way in the package. There's also the fact that the tails and such would require the packages to be longer than they already are to accommodate a correctly transformed figure. By and large I don't have a problem with it, and it seems to be deliberate. Where I think it hurts them (Hasbro that is) is with figures like Crosshairs who looks more like a shell-former in packaging than he actually is due to the mistranformation which was likely done to reduce risk of breakage.

This also is not the first line to have mistranformations in package. It happens quite frequently, but it has always seemed less deliberate in previous lines.

Is MP Grimlock going to be impossible to find now? I wasn't aware they did a reissue of it but I've been trying to find one... after checking 6 different TRUs, I've had no luck. I found one TRU that had the empty shelf space for it, that's about it. 

Is MP Grimlock going to be impossible to find now? I wasn't aware they did a reissue of it but I've been trying to find one... after checking 6 different TRUs, I've had no luck. I found one TRU that had the empty shelf space for it, that's about it.
They probably only had one run, you can check bbts but it's probably overpriced there, isn't that place local to you?

do we have a list of the transformers that are in the movie AOE and made available as toys? I felt like I got shafted when I bought almost every Dark of the Moon toy, even though some of them were not in the movie. 

It's like an 6 hour drive, so.. not really. :p

And yeah, BBTS is pricey so it's not the best option either.
If you have the item number handy you can always take that to a TRU and see if any stores have it available still.

lol... I knew they were somewhere in IL but not really sure where, I have a huge hasbro distrobution warehouse near me but I've never visited the store. I've always wondered if I could get luckier there instead, I doubt it though.

BBTS is in Wisconsin actually, closer to MN than to IL. I didn't know they had an actual store though. 

I didn't know they could do item number look up. The two stores where the clerks actually knew what I was talking about only checked the website. I took a snapshot of the price tag from the one store that had a shelf spot for it so many I can show that to someone. 

Sucks how hard it is to find some of these figures but they have tons of those Platinum figures. 

There system is so archaic but they could search the whole region for you at CS, you can call and see if you can get an honest answer out of them instead of making a trip out of your way.

Anyone see that new Evangelion themed MP Prime?  Not too sure about the robot, but the trailer? HOOOOLY GEES!  That thing is pretty.  

My TRU had like 7 MP Grimlocks for $80 Saturday when I stopped by.

I think the new MP Prime is fugly but I haven't seen the trailer yet

Kinda off topic, but I just found Season 3 of Transformers Animated at Target for $10.  Really surprised to see this as they never released season 3 on DVD and cancelled any plans to do so after the show ended.  My son and I were resolved to never having the complete series...until now! 

That link doesn't go anywhere. Are you saying you ordered Grimlock online? If you find it again can you please post it?
That just means that it's been taken down by TRU, meaning it is (for now) not for sale online. All of their previous MP offerings have had their pages exist, not exist, and come back, maybe. Stupid, and customer unfriendly, but that's TRU for you.

I can verify that I clicked on the link this morning and it said that it was in stock and ships to home, so there was a window. Maybe even a few hours!

Keep the link handy and check it. You never know if you'll get lucky.

TRU will have a Transformers Kreo event on 6/28.  Optimus riding Grimlock

image001.png

Also on 6/28 only , there will be a $5 off $25 coupon for transformers toys and a movie ticket giveaway ($7.50 value) with any $25 transformers purchase.

Wait, were you talking about Grimlock or the new MP Prime.. and there's a new MP Prime? Jesus.

I'm gonna be pissed if I missed Grimlock online, again. I've been checking that page almost daily for the last two weeks, but stopped on Sunday.
Masterpiece grimlock was online around 9:15am central and I guess he sold out a few minutes later after I seen it posted at tfw2005.

Wait, were you talking about Grimlock or the new MP Prime.. and there's a new MP Prime? Jesus.

I'm gonna be pissed if I missed Grimlock online, again. I've been checking that page almost daily for the last two weeks, but stopped on Sunday.
That link was for MP Grimlock, which was briefly online for a while yesterday morning. The upcoming MP Prime reissue has an Evangelion deco.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/masterpiece-cybertrons-353/convoy-mode-eva-7847/

Also, a number of TRUs in Maryland and Virginia put out Grimlocks the last couple days from the sightings threads on TFW2005. Don't know about other states. I saw 2 just before closing at my local store in MD last night, but I wasn't crazy about the box condition of either.

Stopped by TRU they have 3 Grimlock on the AoE display up front. Still waiting for them to get another box of movie kreons so I can get the Nightbeat I'm missing. That G1 Grimlock set looks sweet

Stopped by TRU they have 3 Grimlock on the AoE display up front. Still waiting for them to get another box of movie kreons so I can get the Nightbeat I'm missing. That G1 Grimlock set looks sweet
You don't mean the Grimlock Evolutions set, do you? Stay far away from that.

That's not a G1 Grimlock. That's an Energon Grimlock, and it's not very good. I saw it earlier this week and couldn't believe they were selling it. Cheap, light plastic, gappy design, and just overall disappointing. It's like a discount version of G1 Grimlock.

Energon Grimlock was originally a combiner, sold with Swoop. At least it looks like you'll be able to get Swoop eventually in another Evolutions set, but the combiner is also pretty disappointing.

Liquid Metal said:
When does the reissue of Masterpiece Prime hit TRU?
There is no MP Prime coming to TRU. Current MP's that will be at retail are Grimlock, which seems to be restocked sporadically, and Prowl which is supposed to hit next month.
There is a new repaint of MP Prime, Evagelion (whatever that is) that BBTS and other online stores have listed for November release.

blandstalker said:

That's not a G1 Grimlock. That's an Energon Grimlock, and it's not very good. I saw it earlier this week and couldn't believe they were selling it. Cheap, light plastic, gappy design, and just overall disappointing. It's like a discount version of G1 Grimlock.

Energon Grimlock was originally a combiner, sold with Swoop. At least it looks like you'll be able to get Swoop eventually in another Evolutions set, but the combiner is also pretty disappointing.
Yeah I saw that god awful Grimlock evolution set the other day. That Energon repaint looks like a preschoolers toy. Just uggh. I saw the Target Silver Knight Prime and FoC Grimlock G1 repaint yesterday. Not a fan of that Prime mold but the Grimlock repaint looks pretty sweet. I never picked up the FoC Grimlock mold so I may pick this up eventually, just broke at the moment.

You can use code TFFAN at Hasbrotoyshop to get 20% off and free shipping till June 18th. They still have some dinobots such as scorn and the triceratops.

Thanks for the code.  They have Voyager Hound, Dinobots, and Generations Legends Skrapnel.

Stuff is in stock and there's a discount?  Wow.  I'm impressed.

I mean they had 3 MP Grimlock and I like the G1 Kre-o Grimlock

I don't get free shipping with the tffan code.
free shipping on 50.00 or more, and I think the tffan code is also 20% of 50 a buck minimum, but I could be wrong. Came here to post it but Sonderiaom beat me to the punch :D

El Rey: I'm tempted to pick up that set as well, even though I don't typically buy repaints. That's one of the first times in this line I've seen chrome done well/right. Grimlock just looks soooo good.

free shipping on 50.00 or more, and I think the tffan code is also 20% of 50 a buck minimum, but I could be wrong. Came here to post it but Sonderiaom beat me to the punch :D

El Rey: I'm tempted to pick up that set as well, even though I don't typically buy repaints. That's one of the first times in this line I've seen chrome done well/right. Grimlock just looks soooo good.
Saw it on tfw2005 and had to share the discount around.

I don't get free shipping with the tffan code.
And I'm sorry, but I misread it, as free straight shipping. I was in such a hurry to post it over here that I didn't fully check the stipulations which were free shipping for $50 and up as normal.

Hi my son really likes the masterpiece soundwave and wants more masterpiece figures.  He actually said he would sell all his collection to get them lol.   Does anyone have this-Transformers Platinum Edition Optimus Prime (Year of the Horse) Figure  is this one worth buying him ?  I know it is not a masterpiece but I read it was a remold of one any opinions?  Any other ideas to get masterpiece figures cheaper and which ones to get?

P.S. We have this one ---Optimus Prime 25th Anniversary Re-Issue

I personally dont like the year of the horse optimus, and absolutely hate the starscream.  I like the 25th ann re-issue.  Look on ebay.  The masterpiece figures can be had for good prices.  I wouldnt buy the new masterpiece grimlock off ebay because for a bit more money, you can get the earlier masterpiece edition, which i hear is better than the one just released.  But, if you can find the masterpiece grimlock at toys r us, pick it up.

Hi my son really likes the masterpiece soundwave and wants more masterpiece figures. He actually said he would sell all his collection to get them lol. Does anyone have this-Transformers Platinum Edition Optimus Prime (Year of the Horse) Figure is this one worth buying him ? I know it is not a masterpiece but I read it was a remold of one any opinions? Any other ideas to get masterpiece figures cheaper and which ones to get?

P.S. We have this one ---Optimus Prime 25th Anniversary Re-Issue
YotH Optimus is a Masterpiece. It uses the new MP 10 mold, smaller, more detailed than the 20th Anniv (which was the original MP mold/figure). It was a TRU exclusive in 2012. Personally I never saw it in stores and it goes for crazy amounts on ebay, e-tail sites. YotH is just a redeco of the MP 10 mold, gold chrome and clear trailer. I haven't seen it in stores in months (released earlier this year, still on TRU website) By all accounts the MP 10 mold is the best to have of MP Optimus so if you see it, want it, are on the fence you should probably get it. Once TRU sells out they will go for crazy amounts on the secondary market. I never picked it up because I didn't like the gold chrome but I may get it online (none in my area TRU's) now since that's the only way to get that mold without paying a crazy amount. There is also another MP 10 redeco coming out later this year - Evangelion Optimus - check Big Bad Toy Store. Crazy colors of some obscure reference.

As for whats out now and coming out soon at retail - MP Grimlock seems to get sporadic restocks at TRU. There was never any word on how many were made so if you see it I would get it. I have the 2010 release but was too rough with it and broke a little tab on the foot which only I notice but it still bugs me so I picked up this years release. The common consensus on the new release is that the plastic is cheaper, joints don't feel as tight, not as good as 2010 release. But if you were able to pick it up at a good price (was initially $59.99 but has gone up anywhere between $20 - $40) it seems to be worth it.

MP Sunstorm (redeco of MP 11 Starscream) and MP Prowl will be released within the next coming months at TRU. Prowl will sell out immediately as this is his first US retail release so pick him up as soon as you see him. Sunstorm will probably shelf warm a bit as this is the third repaint of Starscream.

E-tailers have a release of November for MP Bumblebee and December for MP Ultra Magnus. Both look great. Magnus comes with a lot and will cost a pretty penny.

As far as prior releases ebay and other collector boards are probably the cheapest way to go, depending on what you are looking for will determine the price but don't expect to pay original retail.

I personally dont like the year of the horse optimus, and absolutely hate the starscream. I like the 25th ann re-issue. Look on ebay. The masterpiece figures can be had for good prices. I wouldnt buy the new masterpiece grimlock off ebay because for a bit more money, you can get the earlier masterpiece edition, which i hear is better than the one just released. But, if you can find the masterpiece grimlock at toys r us, pick it up.
YotH Starscream is not MP, its a redeco of Supreme class Cybertron Starscream.

Yeah, I just wanted to get out there my hatred for that Starscream figure.  For the optimus prime, I just dont like the gold.  I think if I had taken it out of the package, instead of browsing it at the store, I would have liked it more.  People say its got good color, just dont like the gold, like with the gold wheels g1 figure.

I figured you knew but didn't want Mickey to be confused because I agree with you, that YotH Starscream is garbage and I think collectors agree because every TRU I go to there a bunch collecting dust on the shelves.

I passed on YotH Optimus and am now kind of having the same regrets. There are none in my area stores but he is still available online. Its the only and cheapest way to get that MP 10 mold now.

I figured you knew but didn't want Mickey to be confused because I agree with you, that YotH Starscream is garbage and I think collectors agree because every TRU I go to there a bunch collecting dust on the shelves.

I passed on YotH Optimus and am now kind of having the same regrets. There are none in my area stores but he is still available online. Its the only and cheapest way to get that MP 10 mold now.
I was in the same boat on YotH Prime. I really wanted the MP10 with trailer (I have Nemesis) but didn't want to pay $200+. I randomly stopped at a TRU while out of town and snapped him up. I wish they'd stop putting the sensors on them cause it jacks up the box. Wasn't crazy about the gold but he doesn't look too bad at all. Right now all I'm missing is a Starscream of the ones I want and have the ones coming out this year on preorder.

Seeing all the botcon news and man hasbro is really pulling me back in with all the generations goodness. Latter part of this year and next year is gonna be expensive

Oh man so apparently at the panel they announced a Generations Superion... and that next year's "theme" will be combination/combiners something like that.  Oh hell yes!  (provided they are good, or at least better than FoC Bruticus and Prime Abominus)

bread's done
Back