10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great luck tukai. I'm with ryosnk, you better take him to lunch or something. That's pretty kick ass!

No one else mentioned it but that MP Megatron re-release is actually gold chromed. Lots of folks on the BBTS Facebook page said that this made them cancel their orders. We all just want a new MP 10 scaled Megatron mold damn it!

Wow, great luck tukai. I'm with ryosnk, you better take him to lunch or something. That's pretty kick ass!

No one else mentioned it but that MP Megatron re-release is actually gold chromed. Lots of folks on the BBTS Facebook page said that this made them cancel their orders. We all just want a new MP 10 scaled Megatron mold damn it!
I saw that. I tell you what, if the price drops tremendously, then I may cop one since I don't have Megatron in my collection...

Just received my sen-ti-nel Optimus Prime pen-former. Interestingly it does say "Optimus Prime" on the box and not "Convoy." Paint is excellent and metallic (and is at least not eager to flake or scratch), plastic feels a bit worrisome but not obviously brittle or thin. What worried me was that even  with Optimus' head fully collapsed, you still sort of scrape his antennae when flipping up his chest during transformation. When I heard the plastic "clink" I was afraid I'd broken off the tip of his "ears," but everything seemed fine.

Arm articulation is very, very good thanks to the double-ball-jointed shoulders, balljoint bicep, and double-swivel elbows (no rotation there, though). "Skirts" (front/left/right) are moveable, but leg articulation at the hip is only alright. Knees bend ~90 degrees back but have nothing else. Ankles are on ball joints, but the lack of knee/thigh/calf rotations limits leg poseability. There are these little long flap things on his legs that move up to fill in the space between his legs when in pen mode, but the've got such a wide range of movement on more axes than required that I wonder if they have some other purpose.

Pen mode measures about 4-5in. and is really solid around the "leg" portion where you're gripping. The upper body theoretically slots together, but stays put regardless of trying to fully shove the arms together. I haven't actually tried writing with him, and nor do I ever intend to.

fOYxV3j.jpg

Anyone have the Generations Minicon Assault figure(s)? Thinking about getting them for my son since Cartwheel's got the 30% coupon and he'll love the fact that they combine into one figure.

Out of nowhere today a co worker gave me some older transformers. He was cleaning his attic for a move and knew I was a collector. I could not believe what he gave me. He said I had to either take it, or they go to Goodwill.

1) G1 Jetfire - The box is beat up, but the toy itself is mint. It has no yellowing at all, joints are tight and it has all of the attachments, instructions and get this, the stickers were never applied.

2) G1 Starscream - Box, toy is mint, all attachments, and instructions.

When I got home, my jaw dropped at the quality the toys were in. I have not seen a Jetfire in this condition since I was a kid and it was brand new.
I hate you so fucking much! But only because I'm jelly... :rofl:

What's wrong with it specifically?
Here's what I wrote about it before:

It is a very ambitious mold...that is really brought down by cheap plastic. If I didn't open this myself, I'd swear it was a knock-off. The plastic is cheap and thin and doesn't have the right feel.

The paint job sucks. The front part of the helicopter keeps falling off and the jet arms are also prone to it. The helicopter rotors wobble and seem to be attached by a flimsy plastic part. For a few minutes, I thought it was broken.

This is a real shame, because other than the poor quality of the materials, the design is really good. This is easily the best Minicon combiner. I had all the others and they're...not particularly good. This one makes a full sized Deluxe figure with articulation. Connections are solid and all three components each have their own robot mode. There are a lot of interesting and unusual ideas and good design.

There are compromises for size, but they're appropriate and it's all pretty clever. There is a lot of play value here, and while there' s a lot of transformation going between modes, it's not a bother. I really wish the materials measured up to the design.

It's sad, because it's a very good Hasbro/Takara engineering design with a Big Lots build.

175 for the Masterpiece Coronation Starscream isn't bad. About 25 bucks less then normal, 30ish if you include free shipping.

I've got a question. Do the 2nd edition, or reissue, MP's like the Asian Optimus sell out fairly quickly? If i wait to get it later instead of pre-ordering am I taking a chance of missing out?

I want to start up a MP collection (the Asian Prime reissue and Megatron reissue) but I am worried I will miss out in the end.

Found Voyager Slog at Target last night.  I hesitated picking this one up, since I really did not like the pictures.  In person, it looks a little bit better, and it was smart to sell it in robot mode, which is clearly the highlight of this toy.

Because it was 19.99 (unmarked sale, I guess) I picked it up.

One of the best things about it is that the robot mode really does look as good as the promo pictures.  Some of their previous promo/photoshops compared to the real products have been egregious, but this one looks good.  Even a little bit better, because the candy apple red is shinier in real life, at least on certain parts.  (The shoulder cannons are awful looking, the lances better in real life than they look in pictures, and the red on the dinosaur is actually quite nice)

Robot mode is a a heavily armored knight, and it looks great.  Paint or lack of paint isn't really an issue since there is such a smart use of color and texture that it works.

The weapons can all be taken off, which is a blessing because they still look a bit on the ridiculous side.  That said, you can put the lances on his back and the red weapons on his shoulders.  Neither looks bad, but it is a bit overkill.  Also, the connectors for the lances are great in one way since they rotate and you can, in theory, put them in in different ways.  However, the connectors stick out, especially in dinosaur mode, and they really don't go where you might want them in robot mode.  I was hoping they'd work kind of like Unicron's wing connectors, and they don't.  It would have been great to be able to swivel the lances up and then back and out of the way, but you can't really do that.  Disappointing.

The robot is poseable, though a bit awkward here and there.  Still, apart from the tail/belt in the middle, I think it's good.  The tail/belt doesn't really work.  You can position them so they are on Slog's back, and they stick out, so that's not a great solution, but it does look better overall.  I wish they had put some swivels on the tail pieces so they could fold up flat along the back or the legs.

There are some kibble issues, and I wish the upper body and leg pieces locked more solidly in place, but I think it succeeds overall.  It is not a poseable as some other Transformers since both dino parts and the lock issues interfere.  That said, there are lots of joints, swivels, and ways to pose the limbs, so it's not a brick. 

There are some really clever uses of plastic and paint, and the head and shoes, while continuing the knight/elf motif, are not quite as out of place or ridiculous as on previous dinobots.  In any case, I really like the robot mode. 

The dinosaur, though...

Here's where the design starts to fall apart...literally...because I can't see where or how it is supposed to stay together.  The sides of the dinosaur have tabs in the middle that don't really go together well.  They are massive cheats in the way they are attached to the stumpy back legs, making this a great big dino statue.  Except it doesn't hold together.

If there is anything holding the neck/upper back plate in, I can't find it.  This means just handling or moving the dinosaur can cause it to fall apart or come completely out of alignment.  It doesn't help that most of the dino body is soft plastic, absolutely none of which tabs in.  All the clever stuff to get it to stay in robot mode either isn't there or doesn't work in dino mode.

On mine, the entire front half of the dinosaur is unstable.  It doesn't lock in or peg in, and picking it up leads to a giant flop.  Handling it can cause the back plates and tail to also come out of alignment, since none of it is secure or stable.

It's bad.  Really bad.  Embarassing.

If you get it all together, it looks decent from some angles and horrible from others.  The weapons and lances don't add a lot, and they are awkward to try and pose.

This feels like a design that exceeds what can be done with a Voyager.  It works for the robot, but the dinosaur is a mess.  Had this been Leader size, maybe they could have made all the ideas work and had a bit more plastic/joints/area to play with.

In any case, I have mixed feelings.  Great robot.  Almost worth getting just for that.  Disappointing as a dinosaur.

I'm going to be moving in the next month and am looking to sell my 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime...

i figured i would come here first to see if there are any takers before i sell it on eBay.

it is mint in box.

please message me if interested.

optimus_prime_20th_box.jpg

So is this a new mold? I remember seeing MP Skywarp in Osaka for ~$65 when I went there in '09. They were apparently clearancing them out.
The original Masterpiece seeker was MP-3 Starscream. The Skywarp you saw was MP-6, a repaint of MP-3. MP-7 was Thundercracker, another repaint of 3. This mold was also used for the US releases of Masterpiece Starscream and Skywarp, as well as a translucent plastic version of Starscream's Ghost

MP-11 Starscream was a retool of MP-3 to make the robot a bit more show accurate, and this new Skywarp is a repaint of MP-11. MP-11 was also used for the US release of Thundercracker, as well as Sunstorm and Acid Storm in both the US and Japan.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_Masterpiece

175 for the Masterpiece Coronation Starscream isn't bad. About 25 bucks less then normal, 30ish if you include free shipping.

I've got a question. Do the 2nd edition, or reissue, MP's like the Asian Optimus sell out fairly quickly? If i wait to get it later instead of pre-ordering am I taking a chance of missing out?

I want to start up a MP collection (the Asian Prime reissue and Megatron reissue) but I am worried I will miss out in the end.
I'm no expert but after reading up several mssg boards about this, it's a 50-50 risk. So that's upto you to make that call and good luck!

Looks like Walmart is cheapest at $32. I would reccommend swaying him towards something else though. My son bought it with birthday money then returned it within a week, said it was lame (which is what all reviews said too) and he is normally very forgiving on anything to do with transformers and video games. I would wait a bit if you plan on getting it anyways. Chances are it will be cheap on Black Friday or it will be a cheap buy with gameflys flash sale soon

Looks like Walmart is cheapest at $32. I would reccommend swaying him towards something else though. My son bought it with birthday money then returned it within a week, said it was lame (which is what all reviews said too) and he is normally very forgiving on anything to do with transformers and video games. I would wait a bit if you plan on getting it anyways. Chances are it will be cheap on Black Friday or it will be a cheap buy with gameflys flash sale soon
I'll wait! We waited so long I told him when it gets cheaper I refused to buy it when it came out because it was too much -surprised it is taking so long to come down in price. He loves all the transformer games but he can wait. He was also interested in Destiny and watchdogs. Not sure about them, but these are 3 games he mentioned wanting. I would like to get them for the holidays coming up in December.

My son is 14, right now he is all about Destiny. I bet that will see a Black Friday sale somewhere. Watch Dogs has been on sale a lot lately, usually Gamefly, but I bet that will be another Black Friday deal somewhere too

Ultra magnus masterpiece is being released in the U.S. from hasbro right? I wonder which package will be better. I really ddint like my starscream Takara figure it felt loose. I dont want to spend close to 200 for a figure that I'm not totally satisfied with.

There hasn't been any word on any US MP releases behind Prowl and Sunstorm which are in stores now. We probably won't get any news on the next US MP releases until Toy Fair in February.

Very nice^^^

With Black Friday coming up....anyone know or have suggestions what stores to look out for that are running sales on TFs, particularly MPs?

Warning to anybody buying Windblade...to remove the fan from the back of the head you have to pull it straight OUT and not up like the directions indicate. My son couldn't get it out, asked me to do it, and it broke when I tried to pull it off. Funny thing was when he looked at me afterwards and said, "I told you we should have gotten Jhiaxus."

So there are no more masterpieces for the year? I thought Ultra Magnus was coming out this month?
Bumblebee is suppose to come out ~29Nov....more likely, we'll see it early Dec. Ultra Magnus is suppose to come out ~27Dec....realistically, early Jan '15.

Then you also have MP-10 OP EVA in late Nov and MP-05G Gold Megatron in Dec.

Yep, gonna be (more) broke by the end of this year....

I know MP-5 Megatron isn't really a popular figure but if TFSource drops its price for the reissue MP-5 during Black Friday/Cyber Monday window, I'm definitely jumping on that.  Plus, I don't have Megatron in my collection.  And I try to stick w/ HasTak so no 3Ps for me.

Ive never tried the 3rd party figures before but the Megatron version might have to be the first. I almost bit on the quakewave figure but I didnt like that it had no sound effects.

FYI - Toysrus.ca is selling YOTH Optimus Prime for $99CAD.  My gf, who currently lives in Toronto, just picked one up for me.    

Holy crap!  Great deal on Prowl.  About what I would have expected for him to begin with (given his size, thought the domestic release would be 40-50...).  Tempted to pick one up even though I already have the KO.

Also 20% off and free shipping on Hasbrotoyshop.com: CYBERWEEK

I jumped on this deal and got 2 for in store pick up today.  I already have one Hasbro & Takara Prowl, but couldn't resist...

Went to TRU and picked up Jetfire yesterday. Store had him full price still but I showed them that it was $28.19 online. The manager said that they're not supposed to match Cyber Monday deals, which I had no idea that it was, figured it was just on sale (just checked, it is back to $44.99 online now), but he would do it. I thanked him and went on my way!

bread's done
Back