10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the new Prime:Robots in Disguise toys at TRU.  They had four deluxes (Bumblebee, Grimlock, Steeljaw, Strongarm), the legends size, and the big and small one-step changers.

I picked up Grimlock and Strongarm.  I almost put them back, but if they are difficult to find later, I don't have the time for that.  Bumblebee will be easy enough to find if I ever want to get it (and at this point, if I never get another Bumblebee excepting MP Bumblebee, I am okay with that) and Steeljaw looks kind of bad, plus there were two of him.

I haven't opened them up, and I'm already conflicted.  On the plus size, they remind me of both Prime and Animated, both of which I liked a lot.  There is a little more chunk to these designs, but they're still somewhat streamlined and simplified in appearance.

The downside is that the cheapification that ruined many of the previous Prime line is in full effect.  Incomplete areas, lack of paint, monochromatic parts, and cheaty hands/appendages/kibble.  Steeljaw looks pretty bad for all of these, which is a shame because the wolf head is kind of cool.  I got unfortunate Sergeant Kup vibes when looking at these figures, which is totally what I don't want.

Not digging the pricepoint or the continual diminishing of what we get for that pricepoint.  Hopefully the figures still have that charm.

In other news, Leader Grimlock is totally worth $25.  Very different from the Voyager and another weird and interesting take on the figure.

I too happened upon the new RID line at the TRU yesterday and being the manwhore I am, I bought the three that weren't Bumblebee. I was going to get Bee too, but they did something bad with his face sculpt. He's supposed to look like he's grinning confidently, but the angle of the eyes is wrong so he ends up looking (please forgive me) a little touched, like he's not all there. Anyway, blandstalker is spot on about the quality of these figures. From the packaging I can tell these figures are supposed to be companion pieces to an as yet unavailable app for your iDevice. By scanning the insignia on the figure, that character becomes available for play in the app. Not the worst gimmick ever, but useless without the app.

Grimlock is the most animated-style character IMHO. He's got that chunky profile I dug so much in the animated line. His transformation is by far the most clever of the three; however his dino mode ends up with a disturbingly wide stance as his hips can't compress into the body at all. Also he has no weapons. To make up for the lack of weapons, perhaps, he has a little fin on the back of his dino head that makes his jaw open and shut. Also his black and green color scheme really works for me.

Strongarm looks pretty decent in alt mode, but the poorly defined forearms in bot mode remind me way too much of Go-bots for the price point. Also, is Strongarm a chick? Cause he/she looks somehow feminine; I think it's the oddly sculpted lips and the large chest plate. Strongarm comes with a gun with a permanently attached blue muzzle flare; as though it were constantly blasting away. The overall plastic quality and paint apps combined with the weapon sculpt remind me too much of Robot Heroes.

Finally we get to the worst one (if you don't count mentally challenged Bee), Steeljaw. His alt mode is a fairly satisfying SUV-ish/off-road racing-ish vehicle, but his bot mode is horrible. He has no elbow articulation, so his long thin arms just sort of protrude oddly from his sides like snowman arms but with car kibble. His tail is articulated, which is nice, and kind looks bushy like a fox or wolf, but since he's so unbalanced on his backwards bending quadriped-style legs, the tail can really only be posed in one or two positions without knocking him over on his blue ass. His weapon is a single three-bladed claw that pegs into either fist. Why not two? I mean he's got two hands. The package photo shows the claw rotated slightly towards the camera to give the impression (however falsely) that he has elbows. Nice one Hasbro.

All-in-all I find the new RID figures to be rather disappointing. Perhaps the larger class figures will have more articulation and more complicated transformations. These feel like they are intended for a much younger audience who will be as excited if not more excited to play the app than to play with the actual toys; almost as if the RID line is meant for the kids who are graduating from Robot Heroes to something a little more grown up.

Grimlock is the most animated-style character IMHO. He's got that chunky profile I dug so much in the animated line. His transformation is by far the most clever of the three; however his dino mode ends up with a disturbingly wide stance as his hips can't compress into the body at all. Also he has no weapons. To make up for the lack of weapons, perhaps, he has a little fin on the back of his dino head that makes his jaw open and shut. Also his black and green color scheme really works for me.
I like the black and green, but the silver and off gold look cheap, like a Power Ranger toy. This could have worked, but like most of the figures these days, it looks underpainted, even though they actually did paint a fair amount.

Overall, I like the figure mainly because the transformation is clever and the robot mode is very reminiscent of Animated. But it's small, and it feels a bit cheapified. It's not bad quality, but it's also not high quality. It certainly does not feel like a $15 figure. No weapon, no instructions, no catalog. It's really no frills these days.

Strongarm looks pretty decent in alt mode, but the poorly defined forearms in bot mode remind me way too much of Go-bots for the price point. Also, is Strongarm a chick? Cause he/she looks somehow feminine; I think it's the oddly sculpted lips and the large chest plate. Strongarm comes with a gun with a permanently attached blue muzzle flare; as though it were constantly blasting away. The overall plastic quality and paint apps combined with the weapon sculpt remind me too much of Robot Heroes.
From the package art, Strongarm has to be a female bot. The actual toy is more chunky and square and gives off less of the female bot vibe, except for the face. It also doesn't help that it's a major, major shellformer. Good lord, you turn that thing over and it's almost funny.

Strongarm is a mixture of great and crappy. Unlike some other recent bots, she does feel more or less finished in terms of sculpt. But some of it is painfully bad. What's up with that whole unfinished back window? Parts remind me of G1 when they stopped giving a crap about making realistic alt modes, and yet on the whole, the transformation is still clever and interesting. The forearms are pretty terrible and the vehicle is way too chunky and toy-like.

Basically, the only reason I bought it was that it's a female bot and they can be hell to find later.

All-in-all I find the new RID figures to be rather disappointing. Perhaps the larger class figures will have more articulation and more complicated transformations. These feel like they are intended for a much younger audience who will be as excited if not more excited to play the app than to play with the actual toys; almost as if the RID line is meant for the kids who are graduating from Robot Heroes to something a little more grown up.
I am really conflicted. I liked Animated and Prime, and these remind me of them. But quality is going in the wrong direction. I think I will pass on the rest of the line, unless I can get it on sale. I don't mind paying more for quality, but I do mind paying more and continually getting less. I just don't want to support that. For $60, I'd rather get a very nice third party figure than four crappy quality figures that I will want to get rid of because while they do some things right, all that is counterbalanced by major suck and cheapness.

I think it says it all that as I'm holding and looking over the figures, I'm spending about as much time appreciating them as cataloging everything that could have been better if Hasbro actually cared about making good toys.

Anyone see Generations Chromia or Arcee in the wild yet? I'm also hoping to find Brainstorm. I see them all on various web sites, but I don't want to wait for/pay for shipping. (Plus all the online prices seem to be over MSRP.)

All have been found at Walmarts. I haven't seen Arcee and Chromia but did see Brainstorm a couple weeks ago.

Seems like different store are getting different things at the moment. TRU is getting Robots in Disguise deluxes, which I saw over the weekend, and Target is getting Combiner Wars figures.

Thanks El Rey, I'm still not sure about the Combiner Wars figures, guess I'll have to wait until I see them in the store to know if I'm gonna be getting some or not. :)

Unfortunately, there're only one or two Walmarts near me, and they aren't all that near.

Thanks El Rey, I'm still not sure about the Combiner Wars figures, guess I'll have to wait until I see them in the store to know if I'm gonna be getting some or not. :)
I haven't looked at Transformers in years. Now that i've seen Superion and Menasor, I'm really excited. My only gripe is that the new version doesn't seem to have Slingshot (Harrier). :headache:

Hopefully, we'll also see the other Combiners like Predaking, Abominus and Computron.

I'm still not sold on these Combiner Wars figures myself. Maybe I'm just a G1/MP snob....
I just need to see them. I am not sold on the Legends size, since that size tends to be too small for my tastes. Lame robot modes and unstable combiners. They are a neat concept but I just don't like the final result.

The rest will all be execution. I am on board for a set of each, but I hope they have learned some tricks from Energon. Those were disappointing without third-party enhancement and some defects -- like Energon Superion's unstable chest and thunderthighs -- just can't be fixed.

I would love to see Hasbro successfully go after a middle ground from their typical cheaptastic stuff and the $500 third party monstrosities.

Target clearance: Not much, but the FoC Grimlock/Optimus exclusive pack is 20.98.  Other clearance is Hero Mashers (big set), Construct-Bots (small set), and some of the junky crap.

Also seen: 4 pack of drinking glasses 9.98 from 19.98, in the kitchen or holiday aisles.  I passed on these, since with 4 glasses, 2 are movie Bumblebee and 2 are movie Optimus.  Really?

I have been to a few Wal-Marts and Targets.  No sign of new Generations at Wal-Mart, and no sign of Combiner Wars at Target.

I'm going to check my local Target, but it's been posted on a few Transformers forums that the Generations Legends Combiner Wars are out (Bombshell, Powerglide, Windcharger, Thundercracker). I'm still a little fuzzy on how they actually combine with the different Combiners. From what I gather, Bombshell and Powerglide form weapons and Windcharger and Thundercracker are chest plates. I don't find either to be really attractive.

DSCN3413_zps258624c6.jpg

27485032d1418719038-combiner-wars-generations-powerglide-1510835_10152916005598609_5748525662940116517_n.jpg

That's the official image.  If you google it, you can see one without Windcharger in the front, which looks really awful.  That sold me a Windcharger right there.  If we're lucky, there might be ways to position the legs that don't look quite so bad.

Went to five Targets through the San Diego county area.  Absolutely no evidence of Combiner Wars anywhere.

Received a pile of loot from BBTS.  My Christmas has arrived :)

Is that mistransformed or are does Optimus-combiner really look like an old man with his pants hiked up?
great now I can't unsee it...

Haven't seen any Combiner Wars figs in person yet, but I have ZERO interest in that Prime. It was clearly designed as Motormaster first (Motormaster is coming out a little later along with the rest of the Stunticons) and tweaked into Prime because "trucks". ugh.

I do finally have my Pile of Loot from BBTS shipping with the first wave of Warrior (Deluxe) and Legion (Legends) class RID figs and Generations Arcee, Chromia, and Brainstorm.

Honestly looking forward to the RID figs because I've already come to terms with the "simplification" and honestly like the Prime meets Animated aesthetic. Animated is easily my fave non-generations (in all forms) series since Beast Wars. Well technically First Edition Prime trumps Animated for me, if we count that as a series. Such engineering in those figs... sigh.

Saw some combiners in Target yesterday.  Anybody know why the arms and one leg are Autobot planes, yet the other leg is a Decepticon car?

Honestly looking forward to the RID figs because I've already come to terms with the "simplification" and honestly like the Prime meets Animated aesthetic. Animated is easily my fave non-generations (in all forms) series since Beast Wars. Well technically First Edition Prime trumps Animated for me, if we count that as a series. Such engineering in those figs... sigh.
I'm with you on Animated and Prime, since I loved those lines. It's the race to the bottom of the cheap barrel while the prices are going up that is killing it for me.

Please tell us how Arcee, Chromia, and Brainstorm are. I have heard good things about Brainstorm.

Amazon has some pretty good bargains right now:

AoE Voyager Grimlock: $14.03

AoE Voyager Slog: $12.53

Generations Voyager Roadbuster: $13.35

AoE First Edition Leader Prime : $30.01 (not recommended, but if you are going to torture yourself, do it for less money)

For those prices, any of the Voyagers are a good deal. I would still avoid that Prime like the plague.

Found the CW Deluxes at one Target today.  No Legends and no Voyagers, which will make combining them a little difficult.

I opened two of them tonight -- Fireflight and Dragstrip.  Some quick thoughts:

They are bigger than I expected.  Given how small the new Robots in Disguise line feels, I am kind of surprised at how big the Combiner Wars figures feel.  They are on scale with TFC toys not-Devestator, which is *big*, though less weighty and bulky.  Overall, I am pleasantly surprised.  I will have to reserve judgment until I get the Voyagers because right now I have no idea how the combined figure will fare.  But the limbs are surprisingly good.

Hasbro has clearly taken a look at the third party combiners.  I do have the FansProject not-Menasor, but I don't have the TFC not-Superion.  However, I've seen videos.  The Combiner Wars figures are bigger than the not-Menasor, and are probably in line with the not-Superion.  The Hasbro figures weigh a bit less, but they don't feel as cheap as some of the more recent Generations figures like Windblade.

Of interest is that Firefly has directly borrowed some ideas from FansProject's not-Menasor.  If you have their figures, you'll see they did almost exactly the same thing with Firefly's legs.  Not quite as complicated and not as many moving parts, but then again -- $10 figure and $70 figure. 

Drag Strip is pretty good, though not a home run.  The figure is good in all three modes -- robot, limb, and car.  The worst thing about Drag Strip is the terrible paint matching -- the purple paint and plastic aren't even close, and the yellow paint and plastic are almost as bad.  The whole color scheme is okay but not great.  FansProject did a lot better on their Drag Strip.  That said, there is a decent amount of decoration and paint apps.  Drag Strip's wheel rims are painted, which is a constant complaint of mine and something missing on all the AoE toys.

Firefly is also good -- in some ways better, in others not as much.  They nailed the look, and the robot is modern and articulated.  The plane looks pretty close to TFC's not-Firefly.  The difference is in the arms, which are not filled and visible from the top of the plane.  This is kind of inelegant and ugly, but again: $10 toy vs. $100 toy.  It is not as substantial as something from TFC but it is also not cheap.

The hand/feet pieces are clever.  In the promo photos, they look pretty terrible, but in person they are impressive.  The piece can work as either a hand or a foot and transforms as appropriate.  As a foot, it's serviceable and not as big as it should be.  As a hand, it is mildly impressive, lacking only finger articulation.  On the one hand, this is really quite clever.  On the other hand, since they are going to be the same for everyone, it would have been nice had Hasbro gone the extra mile and made all the pieces just a little bit better.

Packaging is great, with terrific artwork and collector cards.  It feels like such a step up from the new Robots in Disguise.  I don't know why these figures cost the same and feel like they should cost more.  It makes the new RiD feel overpriced in comparison to these guys and Generations.

In short, so far I am really pleasantly surprised.  This is way better than I was expecting, and while they do not equal the third party stuff, that was never possible.  They do seem polished and high quality for their pricepoint.  I feel like Hasbro has really done something right here, and I'm so glad.  Let's hope the Voyagers are as good.

The combines were always one of my favorite series from G1 as a kid.

Still have not started an official collection again, but I may have to bite on some of these.

Will be interested in the Stunticons as I never had them as a kid.

Anyone have a link to which sets are coming out and when by chance?

Blandstalker, thanks for the detailed impressions. I'm hoping one of my local Target stores gets these in stock soon. I can't bring myself to pay $18 for the figures.

Hey blandstalker, Encinitas target has voyagers in Stock as of 6:30 tonight. They had one silverbolt and two optimus after I left. I picked up one silverbolt. All I need now is dragstrip. Happy hunting

Hey blandstalker, Encinitas target has voyagers in Stock as of 6:30 tonight. They had one silverbolt and two optimus after I left. I picked up one silverbolt. All I need now is dragstrip. Happy hunting
Cool, although too far for me right now. Nothing in the Targets by me. The one Target that did have CW stuff now has nothing left.

Quick impressions of Skydive and Alpha Bravo:

These two were not quite as impressive. Skydive is different than Firefly, slightly -- the wings/shoulders fold back and forth. The rest of the design is quite similar. Skydive looks pretty good in plane mode, but looks pretty plain (pun intended) in robot mode. It is like it is missing paint since it's just really boring. It's not a major complaint, and the plane does look quite good, but while Firefly was adequate with paint, Skydive makes him look like a Van Gogh.

Skydive has the same problem as Firefly in that the robot arms stick out of the plane body and look ugly from above. They spent part of the paint budget trying to hide that, which half works but doesn't really fool anyone. It's inelegant.

Alpha Bravo is a mixed bag. I see this being repurposed as Blades and, with a retool, Blast Off. It really feels like a space shuttle with a cheap helicopter rotor. Both modes are okay. The helicopter isn't terrible, but it just feels off. It's not quite a shuttle, not quite a copter, though nothing massively wrong. The robot is okay. Nothing awful, though dealing with the rotor blades feels like an afterthought. They hang off the back and it really doesn't work that well. With a couple of extra hinges this could have been much better.

I'm hoping at one point that they will repaint one of the jets into Slingshot. Alpha Bravo isn't horrible, but he is the weakest link and a distraction from the cohesiveness of the rest of the team.

Blandstalker:  Thanks for the thoughts on Combiner Wars figs.  Really hope I run into them locally soon.  I'm a HUGE sucker for gestalts.  It's a miracle I've resisted the urge to buy any of the 3rd party gestalts (with the knowledge being if I buy 1, I'll have to buy them ALL and can't justify that expense being the only thing stopping me...).  It'll be interesting to see, as the line continues, how many new molds vs repaints of these current figs we get.  I can see Alpha Bravo being remolded into Blades, Vortex, or as you stated with some retooling Blast Off.  I'd honestly be OK with all of those, but I really hope they don't pull more "well he's a member of the team cuz we say so" and repaint something like Drag Strip and call him a Protectobot...

Brief impressions on my most recent haul:

Generations Chromia:  Cool Tron-like bike mode, but overall weak figure.  I wasn't a fan of the mold when it was PRID Arcee, I'm not a fan of it now even after the fairly extensive retooling to make it Chromia.  Also despite the packaging showing 2 guns, she only comes with one...

Generations Arcee:  Beautiful figure, and wonderful to finally have a "G1" Arcee figure!  Unlike Chromia who only came with 1 gun, she comes with 2 guns AND 2 swords.  Guns hide away nicely in vehicle mode (despite the instructions not mentioning them, and hell the smaller gun is actually designed to lock in her arms in vehicle mode!) but the swords sadly don't appear to store.  Plenty of ports around the figure in both modes to put the weapons though.  Only real complaint is her hands have some plastic at their base that prevents the guns from fully seating.  Reading online apparently it's not too much work to shave it down though and I might end up doing that.

Generations Brainstorm:  Maybe I just got lucky, but I had zero issues with the headmaster gimick.  The head of the er... headmaster unit has some VERY slight scuffing from where it's a snug fit onto the body of the fig, but otherwise he's pretty cool.  The transformation is simple as can be, which is a bit disappointing but it's overall a very cool G1 homage and I was a big fan of headmasters as a kid (though never had the original Brainstorm).

RID2014 (Hasbro really needs to stop using RID already, sheesh):

Legends - Let me first state I'm actually a big fan of the Legends class and am happy to see them return after their AoE hiatus.  That said, the first impression I had of them is they look VERY cheap, and I think a lot of that is in how they are packaged.  It took me a bit to figure out what felt so off/KO about them, but I think it's because the cardboard inside the bubble doesn't actually wrap around to the sides, so looking at the package from the sides makes it feel incomplete.  Minor thing, but first impressions and all that.

As for the figs themselves:  Prime and Strongarm are OK, and have pretty interesting/unique aspects to their transformation.  Steeljaw is... OK, but feels like he needed some more design time, especially his legs.  Bumblebee, on the other hand, is stellar.  Surprisingly different transformation from the standard Legends Bee design we've been getting, without getting too crazy.  I really like him.

"Warrior" class (AKA deluxe):

Bumblebee - OK, not as overly simplified as I first feared from initial photos, and doesn't feel as cheap as many online lead me to believe.  Not the greatest fig, but we haven't fallen to Armada levels quite yet :D

Steeljaw - I really, REALLY like the concept they have for the decepticons being vehicles that transform into robots with beastial characteristics.  Feels a bit like what Transtech was going for back in the day (sign, those concepts still make me weep we never got them).  That said, the execution is... not the greatest.  Similar to his legends counterpart, I think the weakest part is the legs.  Dude needs some heal spurs something aweful.  To get him to stand well, you need to balance him using the tail as a third leg/base.  Don't even think about trying to get a cool pose with his tail, it's needed for support.  Otherwise I actually quite like the figure.

Strongarm - By far the weakest figure of the first wave imho.  The arms are pretty terrible, being pretty stubby and hollow looking.  The paint apps are also strangely disperate from the animation/character art.  Vehicle mode also feels very plain, especially the front end/grill area.  Not a horrible figure, but pretty darn weak overall.  Surprisingly good size though.

Grimlock - The biggest surprise of the group for me.  I was NOT looking forward to him, he looked very simple and boring.  But in hand, he has a surprisingly interesting transformation which is more complex than it first appears and yet still pretty darn intuitive.  The colors are an odd choice, but I guess they're trying to make each character a different primary color for sake of differentiation.  Last few series have done this, so not a huge deal.  Only real gripe is he has no weapons, but I won't hold that against him too much.

Overall thoughts on RID2014:  As initial concepts/photos lead me to think, they are thus far a fun mix between PRID and Animated, and I actually like them quite a bit more than PRID thus far.  Honestly looking forward to future releases in the line.

I'm really on the fence with Combiner Wars, but I really want G1 Megatron. My Masterpiece G1 Optimus needs his archnemesis after all. If they do Bruticus, I may pick him up. He was the only combiner/gestalt I had as a kid.

Anyone seeing Generations Chromia or Arcee? My local Target and Walmart still have tons of Ratrap and Tankors on the shelf.

I read on Walky's blog that Hasbro doesn't have a trademark for the "Slingshot" name anymore and that Alpha Bravo *is* the new Slingshot.
Still doesn't stop them from repainting one of the existing jets and calling it "Autobot Slingshot" or "Chuck" or "Not A Doofy Helicopter Shuttle Thing". Menasor is a bunch of cars, which we are getting. Superion is a bunch of planes. This is not hard, and why not recolor the crap out of them? There were a zillion recolors of FoC Bruticus.

Grimlock - The biggest surprise of the group for me. I was NOT looking forward to him, he looked very simple and boring. But in hand, he has a surprisingly interesting transformation which is more complex than it first appears and yet still pretty darn intuitive. The colors are an odd choice, but I guess they're trying to make each character a different primary color for sake of differentiation. Last few series have done this, so not a huge deal. Only real gripe is he has no weapons, but I won't hold that against him too much.
Grimlock has charm. He has that thing that the best of the Animated molds did that seems so elusive at times. Strongarm does not have charm although I think I liked her a little more than you did. Your criticisms are spot on, though. Had they spent a little more effort on the arms and some more strategic use paint, I would have been much happier.

I don't mind them tossing weapons, especially if they don't integrate into the alt modes, but if they're going to do that, put that into the paint or the figure. I would rather Strongarm not come with a gun and have a painted back window and better arms. But, then, this is the company that gave us MechTech and those hideously crappy PRiD weapons.

Anyone seeing Generations Chromia or Arcee? My local Target and Walmart still have tons of Ratrap and Tankors on the shelf.
Nope. I have been in more Targets and Walmarts than I care to count. Haven't yet seen Chromia, Arcee, or Brainstorm.

Some Targets are getting RID figures, and TRU has gotten more of them. I don't think that the new Generations or Combiner Wars are shipping in big quantities, so it's possible they are out and gone in a flash.

I  agree that the Grimlock was the best of the bunch.  What I found interesting is that while the end of the tail only folds into one leg, they molded a fixed one on the other side so that there's symmetry (and I assume a bigger toy has a tail that actually splits). I still wish he had a weapon, though it would just be another piece that wouldn't attach onto dinosaur mode.

I agree that the Grimlock was the best of the bunch. What I found interesting is that while the end of the tail only folds into one leg, they molded a fixed one on the other side so that there's symmetry (and I assume a bigger toy has a tail that actually splits). I still wish he had a weapon, though it would just be another piece that wouldn't attach onto dinosaur mode.
Oh yeah I forgot to comment on that. Generations AoE Snarl had the same concept (fake head aleady in one leg to give symmetry to the real head folded into the other). A cool little detail.

I really don't like this mold, though maybe the Platinum version is better quality. However, the picture looks awfully...gray. The pictures also show the wheel rims aren't painted. Seriously? On a $60 toy?

My big problems with the original Leader was that it was low quality and cheap, and is the most underwhelming Leader Hasbro has ever delivered. Still, for less than the cost of a Voyager, can't complain too much.

I've ordered all of the Combiners so far (well all of Superion) and rag strip. I pre ordered on BBTS wave to also for the Stunticons and power glide. I'm a sucker for Combiners and when I was a kid, we were very poor. I missed out on a lot of them. I also have that Megatron that turns into a tank ordered. I have too few Decepticons. I didnt get Ultra Magnus yet because it was more than I really wanted to spend now. The Decepticons tend to cost too much as well. 

HasbroToyShop.com has a lot of stuff available including:

• Combiner Wars Deluxes (at $16.99 each...ouch)
  • Combiner Wars Voyagers Prime and Silverbolt (at $24.99)
  • Voyager Brainstorm ($19.99)
  • Legends Windcharger and Thundercracker ($9.99)
  • Generations Chromia ($14.99)
  • PRiD Deluxes ($14.99)
Yikes, Windcharger looks bad -- a real step down from RtS Windcharger.

Unfortunately, Arcee, Bombshell, and Powerglide are OOS, but there's a lot of new stuff in stock.  No real coupon codes I can find, though it's free shipping for >$50.

I am probably going to order Brainstorm, Silverbolt, and Windcharger (for free shipping).  I do want V. Prime, but I'm sure there will be boatloads of him.

Arcee, Chromia, Brainstorm, et al are in stock at HasbroToyShop, $50 orders get free shipping.  Note some of these are preorder shipping out in early Feb.  And I guess 16.99 is the standard price for a basic combiner wars bot now.

Is there any reason to get/avoid the reissue of Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy/Optimus? 

Seemed that Masterpiece MP-08(X) (King) Grimlock reissued had received lukewarm purchases mainly due to those seemed to be worse than the original one.

bread's done
Back