10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Just discovered this thread (again)... so the SDCC exclusive Devestator just has 2 or 3 "chrome" purple parts and a different box (much cooler, but still, it's a box) then the regular edition?  wow, for $30 more, too... what a deal!  I really wanted the SDCC one because the original was one of my favorites toys as a kid,  but that Amazon pre order totally took the wind out of those sails.

[attachment=15402:$_57-2.JPG]

Has anyone seen Blackjack available for a reasonable price? I haven't seen him around any of my local stores.
Hasbro distribution is abysmal across the boards for almost all of their lines. Currently it seems that once a new wave hits, it's just once and there's no replenishment of that case assortment, just a long drought until the next wave. Seems to be the case with etailers too. BBTS and TF Source him but you have to get Huffer too, for $23, which isn't too bad. Otherwise you can find a loose version on eBay for about retail. I was surprised carded versions are going for $20-$25! Also check the not obvious places like Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc

Edit - per TFW2005 looks like Devastator has been found out here at TRU in the Bay Area. I have a 15% off coupon so I will be checking stores this week

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I really want Takara Devestator, but I just know the price is gonna be jacked to hell and back, especially after shipping. If it goes up for preorder at a decent price before August/Hasbro's ships, I might bite, but preordered just to be safe.
BBTS has the Takara version at 219. Given they have the regular version at 139, that's $80 extra.

Here's an infographic on the differences:

http://tformers.com/combiner-wars-devastator-hasbro-vs-takara-the-battle-for-your-wallet/26948/news.html

For me, $80 is too much for that, much as I like the improvements. I'll stick with the domestic version.

Yep sticking with the domestic release.  Apparently the TRU 20 minutes from my place had 2, both now gone.  I'll just wait for Amazon to ship, no rush.

I picked up Devastator today at TRU. Had a 15% coupon and about $70 in gift cards I was sitting on so I only paid about $65 out of pocket,

MP Bluestreak had been found at TRU in New York

I was going to hold off for the Takara version. Then I ran into Devastator at my Toys R us yesterday. I scooped it up and tried to hide it behind me when I got home. I was busted quickly, but when I opened it up, it was worth it. This is a really nice and sturdy Combiner. I'm not buying the Takara version after opening this one. If some nice 3rd party gear comes out for the Hasbro, I'll consider it to build on it. After getting Menasor, which is a supremely shitty combiner (doesn't pose or stand well), this one was a hit. I passed on Defensor, didnt care for him on the cartoon. I'll try to get it if it ever goes on sale.

The Combiner I really want made is Computron. I really loved the toy as a kid. It had great individual parts and the combined mode was amazing. I also liked the Terrocons a lot as well.

Yeah when i saw the $80 difference between Hasbro and Takarw versions, my mind was made up. There is a third party add on set coming. It's currently on the front page of TFW2005.
I believe Computron is coming next year and he will be the size of Menasor and Defensor

Does anyone have a buddy at Costco that can tell us if Devastator will be showing up there like Metroplex did? The potential price drop would make that worth the wait. Nothing personal, TRU. :)

"Sky Reign" looks better than I thought it would.  So does the "Optimus Maximus" or whatever combiner.  G1 combiner cars make me want to squee.

Bruticus, however, does not look so good.  I hate the colors and Onslaught looks terrible and cheap.

I was worried, because I had checked around 9:30 Eastern and hadn't seen the "Shop now" links.  Checked around 11:30 and they were there, but Bluestreak's page didn't have the "Add to cart" link while some others did (Rancor didn't, MLP stuff did).  Glad I didn't miss it, though I hope they show up in store because the MP Prowl on my desk at work needs a buddy.

Huh, didn't know Bluestreak was going to be released via SDCC timing.  Ah well, I've got my KO and am happy. 

What's been shown thus far is going to be saving me a lot of money.  I'll get SkyLynx, but none of the repaint limbs.  G2 Superion is tempting since that's the version I had as a kid, but nope.  And fucking Scattershot is a Silverbolt remold?!  fuck you Hasbro.  Seriously.  Doesn't even have a new Gestalt head.  That's just lazy.

They're milking these molds to death, and then will wonder why sales dried up.  Victorion makes my eyes bleed, and has two fucking Alpha Bravo molds?  The fuck?!

Wallet is happy, but I'm not...

Huh, didn't know Bluestreak was going to be released via SDCC timing. Ah well, I've got my KO and am happy.

What's been shown thus far is going to be saving me a lot of money. I'll get SkyLynx, but none of the repaint limbs. G2 Superion is tempting since that's the version I had as a kid, but nope. And fucking Scattershot is a Silverbolt remold?! fuck you Hasbro. Seriously. Doesn't even have a new Gestalt head. That's just lazy.

They're milking these molds to death, and then will wonder why sales dried up. Victorion makes my eyes bleed, and has two fucking Alpha Bravo molds? The fuck?!

Wallet is happy, but I'm not...
I'm in for the Sky Lynx limbs since I am a sucker for G1 cars and they combine. I will skip the G2 stuff since I never liked it.

Victorion -- I still don't understand why this is generating such buzz. It's a "female" combiner...made up of repainted males. I'll give them this -- the combined Victorion looks different and interesting, and more uniform than most combiners, but those colors...especially on all the individual robots...I'm with you. My eyes hurt. I will probably get this, then regret it.

Fans voted for two Alpha Bravos. I don't understand that either. Some people really seem to like it, but I think Alpha Bravo and Offroad are weak sauce molds to begin with, and not just because they aren't original team members. They suck on their own (lack of) merits.

I don't understand Scattershot. Are we getting Technobots or not? The combiner name listed is "Betatron", which says to me they're slapping together some hastily repainted things and calling it a combiner. Hell with that. "Scattershot" looks awful and "Betatron" doesn't even deserve a diss.

You know the repainting has gotten out of control when Hasbro trumpets "Hey kids! Look, new hands and feet! Isn't that awesome?!?"

Don't care about RID. Already have the previous reissues for Blaster and Insecticons. Never cared for or have room for Trypticon.

Psyched to finally get the new MP Starscream mold. Can finally get rid of my old Walmart MP Starscream

I saw Devastator at TRU today.  159.99.  I didn't buy it since I got an order coming from Amazon. They're out in the wild now!

Would anyone know when hasbro will sell there sdcc items on there website?
Sometime, probably but not guaranteed within the next week. I have seen less chatter about it this year. I don't know if there is less demand, though probably. Still, I expect all the Transformer junk to sell out quickly this year. There's no vastly overpriced Knights of Unicron set this time.

I checked obsessively last year and still missed it since it when live when I was asleep. I'll order the Arcee/Chromia/Disappointment set if I can, but I won't lose sleep if I don't.

I tried a few supposedly valid codes for 20% and then 10% off, but they're either expired or don't work on the SDCC Combiner Hunters set. :(

I tried a few supposedly valid codes for 20% and then 10% off, but they're either expired or don't work on the SDCC Combiner Hunters set. :(
Codes never work on exclusives. Do you still have the 20% code? The silver Megatron is back in stock...

Class of 85, Combiner Hunters, and Devastator still available as of now. Wow. I am impressed, as this is the first year this hasn't been a total cluster-you-know-what.

Masterpiece starscream went up for preorder yesterday on TRU. I missed it. Evidently it sold out instantly. Amazing price in comparison to takara version. I can guarantee I'll never see this figure in the wild. SD area TRU are combed too well. I've never found a masterpiece figure ( that anyone wanted) despite pleading with managers, repeated trips and calls only to get the response that someone came in that morning and bought them all. Won't stop me from trying. If anyone local stumbles upon one of these and is willing to help I'd appreciate it.

How much is masterpiece starscream at tru? When does it get released in stores? What is the difference between this one and the Takara one?

How much is masterpiece starscream at tru? When does it get released in stores? What is the difference between this one and the Takara one?
$59.99. The page says that yesterday's offering was a preorder, and that the item will ship 10/1. I missed it too. It will be in stores whenever TRU feels like it. Any date is meaningless as the entire masterpiece inventory and distribution is a complete clustershaqfu. I wouldn't put any stock in 10/1, as that seems ridiculous. It also is ridiculous that they "sold out" of preorders. If the date really is 10/1, couldn't they sell as many preorders as there was demand and make to order?

Of course not. That would make sense, and TRUs handling of masterpiece is anything but that.

You can get Takara's at BBTS for 199.99. It has more doodads but not the spiffy blue nosecone.

Hard to say how this one will go. I actually did see last year's Prowl and Sunstorm multiple times at various TRUs, but Starscream is much more popular than Sunstorm. I expect TRU will jack up the price, but demand will still be very high and since supply is a joke, who knows if you ever will see one at retail.

Best bet is to check their website. Past masterpiece figures have gone back in stock, sometimes even for hours at a time.

Wow Devastator is HUGE, dwarfs my Superion by a lot.

Which other combiner wars sets are worth building?

Are they coming out with Bruticus? (I have an old one that came w grimlock).

Also still have a Predaking from the platinum reissue i'm thinking if I should open.

Been out of the transformers game a while but I'm loving these.

Not sure what to do with the huge platinum Starscream now that the better MP version is coming out.

How do you like the Hasbro version of Devastator?  I've seen a lot of reviews on it and many people complain about many aspects of it.

Is it worth getting this one or holding out for the more expensive Takara one?  I'm very new to buying Transformers, so all I have at this point is the MP Optimus Prime, which I absolutely love.  Best toy of optimus I have ever seen. 

Wow Devastator is HUGE, dwarfs my Superion by a lot.

Which other combiner wars sets are worth building?

Are they coming out with Bruticus? (I have an old one that came w grimlock).

Also still have a Predaking from the platinum reissue i'm thinking if I should open.

Been out of the transformers game a while but I'm loving these.

Not sure what to do with the huge platinum Starscream now that the better MP version is coming out.
I'm a big fan of CW Defensor. I wasn't a huge fan of giant Groove as a leg, so I think Rook is a great replacement. I only have two complaints about him. The first is that Legends Groove doesn't have a weapon of any type. The second is that in combined mode, Defensor is front heavy. He leans forward and almost topples. You can fix it with different poses.

I need Motormaster for Menasor, so no comments on him. Bruticus is coming out, but you may want to wait for the Takara version. Blast Off is basically a repaint of Slingshot, complete with Slingshot's head. Takara hinted at a proper space shuttle.

As for Predaking, I would have opened it. IMO, toys don't make great investments, so I like to enjoy them. If you want to make money, you would be better off buying stocks.

How do you like the Hasbro version of Devastator? I've seen a lot of reviews on it and many people complain about many aspects of it.

Is it worth getting this one or holding out for the more expensive Takara one? I'm very new to buying Transformers, so all I have at this point is the MP Optimus Prime, which I absolutely love. Best toy of optimus I have ever seen.
I think it's decent but should have a bit more detail for $150.

It's really huge (18") which is good or bad depending on your space.

Either way I guess i'm satisfied since I've always wanted to get Devastator.

THe Combiner Wars Megatron is also supposed to be pretty good.

I'm a big fan of CW Defensor. I wasn't a huge fan of giant Groove as a leg, so I think Rook is a great replacement. I only have two complaints about him. The first is that Legends Groove doesn't have a weapon of any type. The second is that in combined mode, Defensor is front heavy. He leans forward and almost topples. You can fix it with different poses.

I need Motormaster for Menasor, so no comments on him. Bruticus is coming out, but you may want to wait for the Takara version. Blast Off is basically a repaint of Slingshot, complete with Slingshot's head. Takara hinted at a proper space shuttle.

As for Predaking, I would have opened it. IMO, toys don't make great investments, so I like to enjoy them. If you want to make money, you would be better off buying stocks.
Thanks - I'm probably going to get Defensor.

Don't think I'm going for Menasor yet. I had Motormaster and was going to build but ended up returning him due to pics and reviews.

I'll wait to see how Bruticus looks since I would only want one.

Predaking I just never opened since I wasn't sure what to do with my display. I figure hes one of the last on the list to be redone anyways. Y

I think Computron is coming out so that will be cool and I always had a soft spot for Piranacon with the interesting color scheme.

bread's done
Back