Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
What TRU coupon?
Yeah, what coupon? They have one for a $10 gift card off $75 (lame), and there is an ongoing special that Transformers are $10 off $50, but if there is also a coupon, that would be great.

The ugly Platinum Edition clear/orange Masterpiece Soundwave is $99 on toysrus.com, as is the ugly clear/orange G2 Prime. Both are available for shipping.

Still pissed at TRU over Starscream. I visited stores a lot and came up with nothing. Meanwhile, the nearby TRU just restocked with 5 Bluestreaks that no one is going to want.

How do you get one in the mail?  I wanted to order one, but it looks like you can only view it online.
I went to pick up the one in store and it doesn't have a 20% off coupon in there for Transformers...

I got mine in the mail and it didn't have that coupon.

It did have a comparatively lame one for $10 off $100 or $15 off $100 if you use your Rewards R'nt Us credit card.

TRU is known for sending different coupons to different folks, so you got lucky.

Any clue when the masterpiece bumblebee with spike will hit tru?
Hard to say. Hasbro doesn't follow same mp order that Takara does. Bumblebee is pretty popular though so its a good possibility or the end of 2016.

If your looking for a Bumblebee you can score an authentic Takara on ebay for about $60 with Spike

-or-

you can buy a knock off version (which actually are pretty decent quality) for about $30 with Spike

I doubt Hasbro's BB release will be much cheaper.

I went to TRU with the 20% off coupon in hand and to my amazement, they had a Devastator.  I was all set to buy one thinking MSRP would be $150, and with the coupon I'd get it for $120 + tax.  Then I remembered how TRU likes to mark up from MSRP.  I scanned Devastator and sure enough, it showed it was $170.  So, that pretty much killed the deal for me.  Even after the 20% off, once tax is added, it makes it a worse deal than the $140 I can buy it from bigbadtoystore.com.  

Damn TRU.

I went to TRU with the 20% off coupon in hand and to my amazement, they had a Devastator. I was all set to buy one thinking MSRP would be $150, and with the coupon I'd get it for $120 + tax. Then I remembered how TRU likes to mark up from MSRP. I scanned Devastator and sure enough, it showed it was $170. So, that pretty much killed the deal for me. Even after the 20% off, once tax is added, it makes it a worse deal than the $140 I can buy it from bigbadtoystore.com.

Damn TRU.
Hasbrotoyshop is running a 20% + free shipping code through tomorrow. They currently have it in stock.

Stolen from TFW2005:

Originally Posted by MartyFeeb
New Jet coupon for first time customers:

$25 off $50 with code JETCOMSAVE2

https://jet.com/product/Tracks-MP-25...0a35ff5077611b
GO GO GO! MP Tracks $67 - $25 (JETCOMSAVE2) - $1.XX (return waiver) = $41 shipped!
eek.gif

Also finally bit on MP Star Saber for 140 shipped from BBTS.  Not bad I guess.  Still need MP Ultra Magnus...

Stolen from TFW2005:

Originally Posted by MartyFeeb
New Jet coupon for first time customers:

$25 off $50 with code JETCOMSAVE2

https://jet.com/product/Tracks-MP-25...0a35ff5077611b
GO GO GO! MP Tracks $67 - $25 (JETCOMSAVE2) - $1.XX (return waiver) = $41 shipped!
eek.gif

Also finally bit on MP Star Saber for 140 shipped from BBTS. Not bad I guess. Still need MP Ultra Magnus...
ARRRRG! I can't get the savings code to stick. Every time I proceed to check out, it automatically removes the coupon code in favor of the paltry 1.5% savings with my credit card. No Transformers GO! for me :(

Couldn't log on any sooner,but today Target is doing but 2 get 1 free,great deal if you want to pick up some combiner limbs.

Amazon has up to 50% off "select Hasbro toys" today.

Leader class Armada Megatron, Thundercracker - $22.99

Combiner Wars Cyclonus, Silverbolt - $14.99

Platinum Trypticon - $118.99 (after I bought it 2 weeks ago for ~$161)

Platinum Blitzwing / Astrotrain - $34.99

Various Rescue Bots figures.  Only R.I.D. figure I saw was 3-step changer Sideswipe for $10.99.

Saw Platinum Soundwave at TRU for $100.

Various Rescue Bots figures. Only R.I.D. figure I saw was 3-step changer Sideswipe for $10.99.
If you paid with a Discover card or Amex, you should be able to get the difference back.

Hey everybody, after years of collecting, it's time to say goodbye to all these tons of plastic. We're getting a new house because we're also getting a new baby (3rd and last). I need to unload a lot of stuff; some MIB, others opened but carefully repackaged, and lots and lots of loose figures. What's the best way to do this? 

I've been looking at Ebay but the shipping would kill me, and I didn't make enough sales to be able to list stuff on Amazon until after the holidays. Craiglist has been a gamble in the past. I'm not expecting to make any sort of return on my "investment," but I don't want to just give this stuff away either. I don't have any of the big collector items like G1 stuff, most of my collection is from the late 90s and on. 

Any advice on selling this stuff?

Any one have experience with selling items through a collectibles consignment store? (We've got one in Culver City here that I'm looking into.)

Any advice is welcome, thanks.

Hey everybody, after years of collecting, it's time to say goodbye to all these tons of plastic. We're getting a new house because we're also getting a new baby (3rd and last). I need to unload a lot of stuff; some MIB, others opened but carefully repackaged, and lots and lots of loose figures. What's the best way to do this?

I've been looking at Ebay but the shipping would kill me, and I didn't make enough sales to be able to list stuff on Amazon until after the holidays. Craiglist has been a gamble in the past. I'm not expecting to make any sort of return on my "investment," but I don't want to just give this stuff away either. I don't have any of the big collector items like G1 stuff, most of my collection is from the late 90s and on.

Any advice on selling this stuff?

Any one have experience with selling items through a collectibles consignment store? (We've got one in Culver City here that I'm looking into.)

Any advice is welcome, thanks.
Big Lou's? Some friends and I had a display there a while back but most of it never sold, we ended up taking it to Frank and Sons in City of Industry and sold/traded it with vendors there. I'd say try that or just keep a post up on Craigslist, sure there are a lot of flakes but you'd save on shipping.

Thanks Pablo, I was talking about Big Lou's. I know Karky tried to sell some stuff there too with mixed results. I had forgotten about Frank & Sons, thanks for reminding me. :)

Yeah I see you are down in So Cal so my first thought was Frank and Sons but you have plenty of options. You should also try Phat Collectibles and My D-Pins and Collectibles
Also look into boards like TFW2005 and Seibertron. I try to avoid eBay and fees if at all possible. I have some success with Craigslist but there are a lot of flakes

Thanks for the advice El Rey. more options are always a good thing.

dschroll, once I finish cataloging everything I have, I will definitely post the spreadsheet up here.

Various Rescue Bots figures. Only R.I.D. figure I saw was 3-step changer Sideswipe for $10.99.
Trypticon is now ~101 on Amazon...

This is an overdue review, and I've got more, too.  But I want to start with this one.

Kre-O Transformers Battle Changers

In short: Avoid like the plague

If you were like me, you saw these when Hasbro announced them and thought they were underwhelming, but would pick them up anyway.  Kre-O Transformers that transform without rebuilding.  They were supposed to be TRU exclusives, and I kept my eyes out for them.  Only they never made it.

Then I spotted one in Marshalls.  Then, looking through the discount chains, I found a few more.  One at Tuesday Morning.  One at Ross.  Not available at Hasbro Toy Shop, and the only other place is eBay, where they are surprisingly not cheap.

I should have thought through why they would be found only at clearance stores and not even at HTS.  The answer is that Hasbro knew these were turds.  Seriously, they are in competition for the worst Hasbro product ever for me.

So far, after finding Optimus, Bumblebee, and the Ratchet/Soundwave two pack, I only opened Optimus and that is the way they are going to stay.  The rest are going on eBay.

The problem -- and it's a big one -- is that the Kre-O blocks are not Lego blocks.  They don't have the same tolerances.  They don't stay together as well.  Kre-O also made some very poor design decisions when making these.

Making these models work would be a challenge for Lego bricks.  For Kre-O, they are just failures.  I just tried transforming Optimus from robot to truck.  During the process:

• the door/arm assembly fell off
  • the front truck plate fell off
  • the head fell off
  • the door/arm assembly fell apart again after being fixed.
The parts don't stay together, and they are also more vulnerable to temperature than Lego blocks.  The first time I put Optimus together, it was in sunlight.  One of the pieces refused to stay on.  It would physically launch itself off the other piece.  Every time.  Sunlight.  Since then, it has behaved.

A mystifyingly bad decision was to put Optimus' head over an already occupied post.  This means that any stress (like from, say, moving the parts around to transform it) will cause his head to go flying.

What you end up with is a terrible, unconvincing truck, a squat, kibbly robot, and a mess of parts falling off any time you go between them.  Going into this product, I was willing to accept a few compromises to the models if they had something that transformed without having to rebuild it.  But, not only do you have ugly models, but you have to rebuild the @#$%ing things every time anyway since they fall apart.  It's awful.

Congrats, Hasbro -- you finally killed Kre-O.  Hopefully they'll continue doing the class sets, but this was just sad.

The next limb waves of Combiner Wars are hitting Targets and TRUs.  I have spotted pieces of the Combaticon waves at various Targets (never all four together) and all the Sky Reign deluxes at Target.

I've not seen the Voyagers, though TFW reports that Sky Lynx and a reship of Onslaught have been spotted at a Target in Washington.  Maybe the long dry spell is finally over.

Target wants $15.99 for them and TRU a staggering $19.99.  I'm just going to wait for all of them together at HasbroToyShop.

I'm excited for the return of Headmasters.  Blurr as a Headmaster looks amazing.  Chromedome looks good, Scourge looks okay (what's with that undercarriage junk).  Even Wheelie looks great (never thought I'd say that)

It's a little bit of a bummer they're Deluxes (except for Wheelie) though.  That's...small. 

I'm really glad we're getting what looks like a decent Galvatron and Blaster.

And Mindwipe looks like crap.  And wtf is Sentinel Prime...that's got to look better in person, right?

I'll be skipping Fort Max -- bases just aren't my thing.

Onslaught and Sky Lynx still MIA everywhere.  Hopefully this is one of those cases where they're "late" but then are freakin everywhere...

Really liking the headmaster stuff on display.  Sentinal Prime is a stinking turd though imho.  Hated him when they showed him  before and he hasn't changed.  Absolutely hideous.  100% evident that the mold is for Astrotrain (as recent leaked pics have confirmed), and they just "colored" (and by that, I mean mold almost entirely in hideous orange) to look like the Sentinel Prime from the IDW comics, who transformed into some sort of armored carrier with an armor mode so train/shuttle make even less sense.

Loving the look of Fort Max and impressed how much of a remold it is compared to Metroplex, but his alt modes are even weaker than 'plex's were.  "Okay guys, I'mma lay down for a nap" = carrier/SDF-1 mode/ (stretch out face down with minimal transformation)  "Hey we need a city, not a carrier".  "Oh, my bad, here while I'm already just laying down I'll also do the splits..." (looks to literally be splay the legs out from carrier mode...)

I just joined the TFW2005 forums and a lot of people buy from import sites, especially with the current currency exchange. But unless I'm missing something, it seems like shipping kills any savings you can possibly have. For example, UW Bruticus is anywhere from $85-$100, but every shipping option seems to be $35+. Even when I found Masterpiece Track for $40, the shipping was close to $20.

On the one hand, it's a good figure. Even if you are Bumblebeed out, it's a great version of the G1 character.

On the other hand, you can get a genuine Takara G2 Masterpiece Bumblebee with the shiny gold paint job and G1 and G2 faces for a lot less than $65 bucks. So it's kind of disappointing that TRU's one shot this year is something that you can find easily, better, and cheaper somewhere else.

Now that I think about it, that's not really a bad thing.

As is often the case I agree with blandstalker, and just want to echo how awesome MP BB is.  Spike in Exosuit is a fun bonus fig, not great, but nice they added it in to increase the "value" given how small BB is, but BB is just fantastic.

Debating if I want to order an MP Magnus (so damned expensive), or gamble he'll come to the US (where he'll prolly be equally expensive, but even harder to find because TRU is a piece of shit)

So it's kind of disappointing that TRU's one shot this year is something that you can find easily, better, and cheaper somewhere else.
The last couple of years TRU ha had two MP exclusives per year so I imagine it will be the same this year. Probably another release around Comic Con or Sep/Oct, depending on when BB is released. Hope we get Ratchet here stateside.

I got M BB at a local toy show for $60 and last check you can still import him or get him online for those prices. Unless the TRU release has something the original release didn't it's going to be an easy pass but like you guys said its a great set with him and exo suit Spike

As is often the case I agree with blandstalker, and just want to echo how awesome MP BB is. Spike in Exosuit is a fun bonus fig, not great, but nice they added it in to increase the "value" given how small BB is, but BB is just fantastic.

Debating if I want to order an MP Magnus (so damned expensive), or gamble he'll come to the US (where he'll prolly be equally expensive, but even harder to find because TRU is a piece of shit)
To be fair it usually isn't TRU that has the issue of stock. It is Hasbro not giving us enough to sell so they can keep the price high as hell. Also 3rd party sellers coming in and trying to buy all of the stock so they can sell them for double the price doesn't help. Thankfully I put a stop to that when Soundwave and the like started coming out a few years back. 1 per person with no exceptions. Makes it fair for any and all collectors coming to get one from my store.

To be fair it usually isn't TRU that has the issue of stock. It is Hasbro not giving us enough to sell so they can keep the price high as hell. Also 3rd party sellers coming in and trying to buy all of the stock so they can sell them for double the price doesn't help. Thankfully I put a stop to that when Soundwave and the like started coming out a few years back. 1 per person with no exceptions. Makes it fair for any and all collectors coming to get one from my store.
If only more stores ran like you! I got MP SW by some miracle of hearing about a shipment coming in and took the day off work to be there at opening (I think last US MP I bought?) and some jackass grabbed a handful of them and was bitching at the register that he was the customer and they can't impose a limit, so the manager told him he couldn't even buy one and kicked the guy out. It was glorious.

Found Onslaught and Scattorshot at Target today -- first time I've seen either there.

Target is running a 20% cartwheel off Robots in Disguise only.  Does not work on Combiner Wars ::sadness::

HasbroToyShop currently has 15% off, but Deluxes are $16.99, Voyagers are $24.99, and they don't have either Onslaught or Sky Lynx.  They do have both the Combaticon and Sky Reign Deluxes, though.

Updates to both:

Target is running a $10 off $50 or $25 off $100 promotion, ends 3/26.  It's a send-a-text-get-a-coupon thing.  I used it to pick up Onslaught, Scattershot, and the Sky Reign deluxes.  I wasn't going to get Scattershot and I think the new Computron looks awful, but it's a good deal nonetheless.  Essentially a free Scattershot.

HasbroToyShop is running 20% off and free shipping, ends 3/31.  HTS does not have Onslaught or Sky Lynx, and they are OOS for the Sky Reign deluxes.  I got the rest of the Combaticons from them.

Hasbro will be offering Deluxe Protectobot Groove as a special online exclusive, which looks like it will be a pain to order.  Seems likely they will do the same for Blast off.

Goddamn, what is with stores and TF's lately.  I haven't seen shit in terms of new stuff.  No Onslaught or SkyLynx.  Haven't even seen the RiD packs that are a glorified commander class figure with a minicon (got the BB set off HBTS.  I'm a sucker for armor pieces that combine into a weapon).

Watch Groove end up costing more than an import.  SMH.

bread's done
Back