10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icruise']I wouldn't think so. It may be hard to find in the short term, since it hasn't even shown up most places yet.[/QUOTE]

It is too early to say. However, in comparison to last year's human alliance figures, I think these new ones will be harder to find because:

• Bumblebee is a new mold
  • Bumblebee is Alternator-sized
  • the human figures are better and actually work with the toys
  • it will appeal to a wider audience
The extra cost will probably keep casual buyers away, though.

This guy arrived from Amazon today. Haven't had a chance to transform him yet, but he looks pretty cool for an old geezer.

rotf_jetfire1.jpg

rotf_jetfire2.jpg

rotf_jetfire3.jpg

rotf_jetfire4.jpg

Here's a picture of his jet mode.

jetfire-optimus1.jpg

I also did the combo thing. It's a little tricky in places, but once you get them together they're relatively stable. They are huge! I positioned his wings a bit differently than they show in the instructions, since I think it looks better.

jetfire-optimus2.jpg

jetfire-optimus3.jpg

jetfire-optimus4.jpg

[quote name='manthing']Why is Jetfire humping Optimus?

:whistle2:([/QUOTE]
When a robot loves a prime, he can give his heart to him and they can be temporary life partners. Ask your parents.

That was a good choice of plane for Jetfire. When they all walked into the hangar I could have sworn most of the jets were nods to other TFs like Powerglide and Silverbolt. That being said, Optimus looks pretty awesome with the armor, but I'm still not buying any ROTF toys. I think the fallen (I'm not capitalizing that) was one of the more retarded villains in Transformers ever. At least one of the older Primes in the original cartoon had a name. Was it so hard to give him a proper name?

I've bought a 25th anniversary Transformers Universe Dinobot some time ago. Recently I got the ROTF Voyager Class Optimus Prime and a Deluxe Soundwave. I have the TRU G1 Soundwave remake too, unfortunately I think my Lazerbeak (sp?) lost its head. :(

I'll probably pass on Jetfire...can't afford to spend that much right now. Plus he just seems like an odd character in the movie...didn't show him enough for me to appreciate.

I went to a nearby town to check out the transformers selection and found Human Alliance Bumblebee at TRU. $35 is really overpriced, but with their $10 gift card, it's not too bad. Given his size, I don't really think he should be more than a voyager class figure. The Sam figure isn't worth more than a dollar or two realistically.

Anyway, I'd say he's the best version of Bumblebee yet. Here he is compared to a deluxe figure from the first film. He's quite a bit bigger vertically, and considerably more massive.

human_alliance_bumblebee.jpg

[quote name='icruise']I went to a nearby town to check out the transformers selection and found Human Alliance Bumblebee at TRU. $35 is really overpriced, but with their $10 gift card, it's not too bad. Given his size, I don't really think he should be more than a voyager class figure. The Sam figure isn't worth more than a dollar or two realistically.

Anyway, I'd say he's the best version of Bumblebee yet. Here he is compared to a deluxe figure from the first film. He's quite a bit bigger vertically, and considerably more massive.
[/QUOTE]

I also just found him today at TRU for $35. I thought it'd be 29.99 so I had to think about it before I bought him. If it weren't for the gift card I wouldn't have bought it, plus it did save me finding something that $0.01 just to make it $30 total. Too bad TRU were out of the collectible gift cards...s'pose it's not all that great anyway.

Dear god, what the hell did they do to those bikes? Looks like the liquid Terminator all misshapen.

That movie Jetfire looks more Decepticon than Autobot-- and his head looks like Blackheart from the Marvel Superheroes game.

And when I saw the ice cream truck at Botcon, I thought, "what young boy is going to want to play with a pink ice cream truck?"

So, long story short, my pops moved out of my old house (well, it's getting foreclosed... another story) and I got the call from my Mom that he's left town and a bunch of my old stuff was found in the garage, a bunch of old toys and stuff. For reference, the garage was disgusting, tons of rat and bug droppings, a bunch of real unpleasant stuff. My gf is getting real into the Transformers lately, and right around the RiD / Armada / Energon lines I was collecting quite a bit so we decided to go into the garage and see what we could find (at her request).

I think we did pretty well, all things considered.. most of the stuff was sealed in boxes (the figs were loose in cardboard boxes from when we moved the first time), the only hassle was getting all the appropriate weapons for them. Here's a full list of what I found... to be honest, I forgot I even owned most of this stuff, except the G1 reissues which I knew where I put them.

Everything here we ended up making complete, unless noted:

G1 original:

Six Shot (Missing two guns)

G1 Reissues - Still sealed in mint boxes

Optimus Prime
Hot Rod
Starscream

Heroes of Cybertron figs:

Optimus Prime
Powermaster OP
Starscream (Missing a laser :( )
Skywarp

Robots in Disguise:

Scourge
Ruination (all 5 were already combined)
Prowl
Ultra Magnus + Optimus Prime (Magnus is complete I think, Optimus is missing a gun I might be able to go back and find)
Storm Jet (one open, one sealed... for some reason?)
Obsidian
Sideways / Axer
Super Side Burn

Alternators:

Smokescreen (still sealed in the box)

Armada:

Unicron
Sideways
Optimus Prime
Cyclonus
Starscream (the big deluxe version)

Energon:

Battle Ravage (He's missing some glowy yellow thing that goes to his chest)
Starscream
Scorpnok (still sealed, box is all beat up... gonna open him)
Rodimus

I think that is all of them.. I think I may still have Hot Shot from Armada and X-Brawn from RiD in there, somewhere... but as we were looking, a shelf ended up collapsing and it got too disgusting to keep looking. I am glad I saved who I did! Even if a few of them are incomplete, they look awesome on the shelf next to the Classics line Grimlock and all the Mighty Muggs TF's.

I also ended up finding my old VHS copy of TF: The Movie, and about 50 or so old school Marvel TF comics... all in all, it was a fun day. We left a TON of G.I Joes there and are debating going back for those, a lot of ones from the early 2000 reissues. The problem is they are all loose, I'm unsure of the condition, and putting figures with correct weapons is going to be nigh impossible... I might just mix and match.

Already have the TRU Exclusive reissue of SW, plus my old beat to crap OG one, but really wish I had held off and could get this. I want Ratbat!

[quote name='LXL_Guy']How is Special Edition MM Prime diff from normal one?! If I could spend money I'd get the Soundwave. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

It's got metallic paint like the SDCC Iron Man from last year...in other words it's shiny ;)

[quote name='GF_Eric']The SDCC 2009 exclusives are up on Hasbro Toy Shop if anyone is looking for them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. The exclusive Prime Mighty Muggs are now out of stock, happened while I was in the process of creating my Hasbro account. Got Soundwave, though.

I was also at Otakon 2 weekends back. Picked up Alternity Convoy, both silver and black, for $45 each. Pretty tight figure. Another vendor had Convoy and Megatron, but wanted $65 apiece for them. Just missed out on Masterpiece Grimlock - saw a guy walking away from another vendor with one in a bag, but it was that dealer's last one (the $150 price tag would not have been a deterrent). He said he had more on his web site (there aren't), and gave me a card with a 10% discount code. Not much there that interested me, but perhaps others might find something.

Site - http://www.mugentoys.com/
Code - Otakon09 (expires 8/15)

I still need Masterpiece Magnus and Thundercracker as well, and while they were around the dealers' room, they were a bit more expensive than I wanted to pay vs. online with shipping. Also picked up Aspects of Evil (a manga sized collection of some G1 UK comic stories), the Beast Wars Omnibus and a Micron Booster Version 4 box.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Micron_Booster#Micron_Booster_Ver._4:_Endless_Battle_-_Eternal_Prisoner

Had picked up a couple individual figures, but that Mugen Toys had a couple unopened boxes, so I figured I'd pick one up to have a set plus a chase figure. Haven't opened it yet, though.

Damn I wish I would have waited!!!! I just bought the sdcc soundwave on Ebay last night. Whatever I only over payed by 20-25 dollars.

I fucking hate Hasbro. Ever year it gets harder and harder to buy the toys at the con and then they do this. What is the point of a con exclusive if they are going to have it on their website later.

[quote name='raarar']I fucking hate Hasbro. Ever year it gets harder and harder to buy the toys at the con and then they do this. What is the point of a con exclusive if they are going to have it on their website later.[/QUOTE]

it was hella easy buying soundwave, and the sdcc exclusive mighty muggs

i stood in line for like... 3-4 minutes on saturday at like 530pm

got my 2 mighty muggs and left

saw people buying soundwave, we didnt have to get any tickets or stand in any 2+ hr line

the line was prob long as hell on friday though, it was really long early saturday at about 1030am, but after like 1pm it was dead.

[quote name='Furashu']it was hella easy buying soundwave, and the sdcc exclusive mighty muggs

i stood in line for like... 3-4 minutes on saturday at like 530pm

got my 2 mighty muggs and left

saw people buying soundwave, we didnt have to get any tickets or stand in any 2+ hr line

the line was prob long as hell on friday though, it was really long early saturday at about 1030am, but after like 1pm it was dead.[/QUOTE]

On Thursday they told me I had to go upstairs to get a ticket. I told em they could fuck themselves and someone else can have my money. Ugh. I wanted the Destro 2-pack but I didn't want to go BACK across the hall and upstairs just to go back down to wait in line. Capcom got my money instead.

Thanks. I got both of them. I've already got Encore Soundwave, but I want the tapes. And while the Prime Mighty Mugg is a little underwhelming, I've got all the others so I might as well complete the set.

[quote name='gunm']Aw shit, shipping is like $30 to Hawaii on that Soundwave bundle...mother fuck er![/QUOTE]

Try using code bktf09 for free shipping. May not work to Hawaii but it's worth a shot.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Try using code bktf09 for free shipping. May not work to Hawaii but it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It doesn't give free shipping to Hawaii, but it does make the total amount a tad cheaper than 10% off w/no free shipping ($70 versus $73). Cheaper than most ebay auctions (plus shipping), but I'd still have to think about it.

Any chance on Soundwave coming back instock, or do I need to bite the bullet and just order it from Ebay?

Not sure how often this stuff fluctuates between in stock and OOS.

Edit: hopefully they get another batch in tomorrow, but @ $70, I'm still not sure. Maybe my buddy in the mainland can pick it up for me. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Took awhile but I finally was able to pick up a Human Alliance Bumblebee at Target today.

Noticed that they're starting to stock up on the new waves too, saw Dead End (repaint of Sideways), the Autobot news chopper, and Voyager figures of Long Haul and Grindor.

bread's done
Back