10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cag1000']Thanks, Is that the Galactus that's on the SDCC exclusive huge bubble card packaging or the retail non buble card version do you think?[/QUOTE]

It was definitely the SDCC one.

Maaaan. I'm seriously bummed that Blaster is OOS already. I have a job, I had to work! Arrrgh. Well, I will keep sitting here and refreshing the page every once in a while in hopes, like the sad little man I am. :/

[quote name='Vinny']Prinnacon... [/QUOTE]

Prinnyart.png
??

Disgaea TFs?!?!?!

:whee:

What's a good way to sell off some of the newer toys like the Universe line or the first movie line? Just go the Ebay/Craiglist route or is there someplace better?

[quote name='SithFran']What's a good way to sell off some of the newer toys like the Universe line or the first movie line? Just go the Ebay/Craiglist route or is there someplace better?[/QUOTE]

List it here and one of us might be interested.

Well, I (foolishly) bit on buying Blaster. Never had 'im as a kid, plus the addition of the three tapes thrown in (I guess) makes it a value at that price (with code discount) of $58, versus a $60-70 Grimlock with nothing but a crown accessory.
Honestly, I've never spent over $40 for any individual TF at any point in my life (which of course means I don't own a Unicron or Omega Supreme), but for staying below that number I've been pretty successful with my collection.

Still, it's Blaster. And now I can have him and Soundwave butt heads after 25 years.

I got a question for you guys...

Is it normal for some brand new Transformers to be re-taped? I bought a Cybertron Wing Saber from eBay which I received yesterday and the top of the box, it looks like it was taped shut but when opened and re-taped. It looks almost inconspicuous and looks like it was done by the factory... same exact tape, too. The bottom tapes are fine.

I know some of the other TFs I have in my collection also have this issue...

[quote name='Vinny']I got a question for you guys...

Is it normal for some brand new Transformers to be re-taped? I bought a Cybertron Wing Saber from eBay which I received yesterday and the top of the box, it looks like it was taped shut but when opened and re-taped. It looks almost inconspicuous and looks like it was done by the factory... same exact tape, too. The bottom tapes are fine.

I know some of the other TFs I have in my collection also have this issue...[/QUOTE]

i have sum stuff similar to that where its double taped from hasbro themselves... i kno this coz i pulled them out from the shipment truck ;).... if ur still unsure and if u open ur tf's, then u can check if the bands/twisty ties have been tampered with

[quote name='177adjen17']i have sum stuff similar to that where its double taped from hasbro themselves... i kno this coz i pulled them out from the shipment truck ;).... if ur still unsure and if u open ur tf's, then u can check if the bands/twisty ties have been tampered with[/QUOTE]

I can see the twist ties through the plastic window, they look un-tampered. Everything looks just fine, so I'm guessing it was done by the factory.

I keep on getting backorder notices for Grimlock from my TRU order (even though it's not supposed to ship until the middle of August, they're warning that the date will get pushed back)... it's supposed to show up in stores in August, right? I'm wondering if I should just start hunting instead of waiting for this order to show up.

Yeah I keep getting those notices too, this is what worries me:

30-Day Policy
If the item(s) is not shipped by 08/27/2010 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded.

There were shit tons of Transformers toys on Clearance at the various Targets I hit yesterday for 75% off... I didn't buy any - I was in toy mode for my 22 month old son, but I did make a note to let you all know today...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']There were shit tons of Transformers toys on Clearance at the various Targets I hit yesterday for 75% off... I didn't buy any - I was in toy mode for my 22 month old son, but I did make a note to let you all know today...[/QUOTE]

I went to a Target this week and I couldn't find any figures, so it might be be YMMV at this point.

Also, I woke up in the morning to see that SDCC Blaster arrived in the mail. This is sooner than I expected, since I don't recall being charged during the week for it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Cool...did your status on HBTS ever update?[/QUOTE]

I received an e-mail today saying that it shipped, but I didn't check the site during the week.

Mine is coming tomorrow... but I regret ordering it. It's still in stock at HTS and I haven't seen it go OoS since the day after it was first available.

They must have made wayyyy more Blasters this year than Soundwave last year. They know the demand is there, and it's like printing money. Why not up the production number and create a false scarcity. I still don't think a sealed Blaster will be worth under $45 in the coming years though.

I for one am glad they have a lot of Blasters, cuz I would have been pissed if I couldn't get one, but why the fuck hasn't it shipped yet when others have already had theirs delivered!

I found a cybertronian Optimus Prime and a Drift, could have gotten Thrust as well, but I passed up on him. I saw Cybertronia Bumble bee. At a target in Orlando

Got my Blaster today... and man, Hasbro did a crappy job packing it. I've ordered from HTS before and my items have always arrived in perfect shape. It was shipped in a giant box with almost no padding (maybe 2 feet of brown filler paper) and the shipping box was crushed on one side.

The item itself was a bit crushed and the slipcover has more wear on it than I expected... and to top it off, it was double taped shut. This doesn't look case fresh... it looks more like it was on the shelf of WM for a few days.:bomb:

[quote name='Vinny']Got my Blaster today... and man, Hasbro did a crappy job packing it. I've ordered from HTS before and my items have always arrived in perfect shape. It was shipped in a giant box with almost no padding (maybe 2 feet of brown filler paper) and the shipping box was crushed on one side.

The item itself was a bit crushed and the slipcover has more wear on it than I expected... and to top it off, it was double taped shut. This doesn't look case fresh... it looks more like it was on the shelf of WM for a few days.:bomb:[/QUOTE]
Oh man, that's awful. Mine came in great condition - not even the cardboard box that it was shipped in was damaged.

I still haven't made my way over to a Target, but I'm pretty sure their TF section has been picked clean. =\

I'm hoping for a BOGO50 @ TRU sometime soon.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nothing on my order yet, I think someone at HBTS f'd up. I even sent an email 2 days ago to their CS...nada.[/QUOTE]

Did you pay using paypal? I'm having the same problem, I'm about to call those hasbro.

I had gotten my Hasbro shipping notification on Saturday, FedEx tracking says it should arrive tomorrow. There were no packing materials in the box when I received Soundwave last year, though thankfully the boxes weren't dinged up. Crossing my fingers for this year.

Picked up a Masterpiece Ghost Starscream, Buzz Lightyear and a set of super-deformed TF Animated keychains (the 5 main Autobots and Starscream) at Otakon this year. Overpaid a bit, but I'll do that occasionally at the con. Considered biting on Masterpiece King Grimlock at $225, though that dealer was charging tax (got Starscream and Buzz there) and I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much overall.

[quote name='Bloomy']I had gotten my Hasbro shipping notification on Saturday, FedEx tracking says it should arrive tomorrow. There were no packing materials in the box when I received Soundwave last year, though thankfully the boxes weren't dinged up. Crossing my fingers for this year.

Picked up a Masterpiece Ghost Starscream, Buzz Lightyear and a set of super-deformed TF Animated keychains (the 5 main Autobots and Starscream) at Otakon this year. Overpaid a bit, but I'll do that occasionally at the con. Considered biting on Masterpiece King Grimlock at $225, though that dealer was charging tax (got Starscream and Buzz there) and I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much overall.[/QUOTE]

What's up with Buzz Lightyear, how is he tied to Transformers? I've seen mentions of him on other TF fan sites and I have no clue what they're talking about.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh shit...that's awesome.

Bumbleduck!? Damn I've been missing out, all I have is the Mickey Prime.[/QUOTE]

robot mode of bumbleduck is kinda lame, the buzz light year is pretty bad ass. How big is that guy?

[quote name='KingDox']robot mode of bumbleduck is kinda lame, the buzz light year is pretty bad ass. How big is that guy?[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to see this as a transformer type thing...

gizmoduck.jpg

My buddy brought me back a Blaster from SDCC...God I'm such a sucker for reissues.

Anyway, Vinny, that sucks about HTS but I'm not surprised. When I ordered a set of the first wave of movie toys from a few years back, they all came just CRUSHED in a box that looked like it was used to play rugby/soccer. I just emailed and called them raging, and they sent me a complete new set all mint no charge and I didn't have to send the crappy ones back. Thus I used those for open display...

I would call/email them and say this collectible item was delivered in unacceptable condition.

[quote name='KingDox']robot mode of bumbleduck is kinda lame, the buzz light year is pretty bad ass. How big is that guy?[/QUOTE]

Buzz isn't very big, about 5 inches tall maybe. This review says he's scout class size :

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ney-pixar-label-buzz-lightyear-spaceship.html

I didn't look at the box very closely, didn't realize he's a Headmaster.

My local Target got in a bunch of new stuff and redid their Transformers section. It's now on a wraparound end cap display, with some in the aisle. I picked up Generations Drift, Thrust, WfC Optimus and WfC Bumblebee. Also saw Target exclusive 2-packs Sideswipe / Barricade and Arcee / Tailwhip. Didn't look through all the smaller figures to see if there was anything worth getting.

Been refreshing the FedEx tracking page waiting for my HTS order to be marked delivered so I can head down to the company mail room and pick it up.

[quote name='apathylad']^I got the same e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing, losing hope and thinking it was going to get cancelled; i walked in to TRU today. Got to the aisle and saw an older guy and his son (late teens) picking up the second to last Grimlock, so there was one left; as soon as i picked it up i got an email on my phone saying it was in process and should be shipped out sometime next week. W00t! Is it odd that i still wanted to buy the one in hand?

bread's done
Back