10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to mention I had popped into TRU also this morning and didn't see any Grimlocks. Glad to see they are appearing in stores, and will start checking more frequently.

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']It would be nice to see this as a transformer type thing...

gizmoduck.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOL Haven't you seen the Elita 1 figure... http://www.seibertron.com/transform...hunt-for-the-decepticons-deluxe-elita1/19484/

samething!

Got my blaster today, really disappointed in the plastic quality, feels more like a cheap knock off. On a more positive note though, I got shipping confirmation on masterpiece grimlock, so yay!

[quote name='Thomas96']I guess all the grimlocks are gone forever... no need and even searching for them in stores? (TRU)[/QUOTE]

There was a picture of them at a some TRU on Seibertron.com... there were 3 on self, but they were marked $70.

[quote name='Thomas96']I guess all the grimlocks are gone forever... no need and even searching for them in stores? (TRU)[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something? Didn't these just start coming out (since they wanted to delay it until after SDCC), and don't we have to wait for TRU to make some room for them? Why do some people think they're all gone already, I haven't even seen that many sightings of them yet.

[quote name='fujishig']Did I miss something? Didn't these just start coming out (since they wanted to delay it until after SDCC), and don't we have to wait for TRU to make some room for them? Why do some people think they're all gone already, I haven't even seen that many sightings of them yet.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure they are just now arriving in stores. I have been checking my local TRU, twice a week and they don't even have a spot on the shelf for it. I assume that every store will get some eventually, but it will take some time.

Holy CRAP I didn't know about seibertron until I read this thread. Or of any major collector's sites, for that matter. Neat! My only problem with collecting is that I live in a small town so we get hardly anything worthwhile out here. Out where I am they've got a few transformers animated voyager classes on sale for 13 and all marvel crossovers are currently $11

[quote name='LXL_Guy']I just want those TRU Exclusive Ironhide & Rodimus minor.[/QUOTE]

I still can't even find Animated Arcee out here in scalper central (though animated cybertron ratchet is plentiful) so I don't hold out much hope for Ironhide and Rodimus. The only saving grace of Grimlock is that he's so expensive it may be harder to scalp.

[quote name='fujishig']I still can't even find Animated Arcee out here in scalper central (though animated cybertron ratchet is plentiful) so I don't hold out much hope for Ironhide and Rodimus. The only saving grace of Grimlock is that he's so expensive it may be harder to scalp.[/QUOTE]

Arcees are so plentiful here that it's ridiculous. She's become a peg warmer along with Ratchet.

[quote name='fujishig']Did I miss something? Didn't these just start coming out (since they wanted to delay it until after SDCC), and don't we have to wait for TRU to make some room for them? Why do some people think they're all gone already, I haven't even seen that many sightings of them yet.[/QUOTE]

I just thought the worse.. I went to 3 TRUs in my area, then I called about 3 more, and nothing... So I thought I missed out. But I guess all stores are clearancing out their old stuff and waiting until after the summer to bring in the new merchandise. I thought the Grimlocks had been in stores and I missed out

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Selling the PCC Aerialbots for $10 plus shipping. They were combined once and promptly put back in vehicle mode.[/QUOTE]

lol, that good, eh? IDK, I might bite on a set if I run accross the TRU "bonus" figure set (the one with another scoute+minicon plus the full team) but even then, only if I have a coupon or find it on sale. Video reviews, user impressions, and seeing them in store have done nothing to make me think they are anything other than crap. First figures I have not bought since Armada Laserbeak...

Also, can't wait to tear into MP Grim next weekend when I go home to visit the folks (had it shipped there, since packages and my apartment complex don't seem to mesh well, lol)

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']It just proves that I made a good choice in keeping my Transformers purchasing to the Masterpiece line only.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of that too, they might cost more but you know you're getting awesome detail and quality.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']It just proves that I made a good choice in keeping my Transformers purchasing to the Masterpiece line only.[/QUOTE]

I like that idea! But I got a lot of good figures clearanced from Target, it was too hard to pass up on good cheap stuff like that!

Anytime I get into a "main" line I always end up selling them off. Biggest offender being the Animated line, some awesome stuff but nothing could really "stick" with me that well. Due to money troubles I had to sell off my Masterpiece Prime and regret it terribly, can't even find the DVD Edition cheap.

Just picked up a Masterpiece Grimlock here in SoCal (TRU off the 710 near Bell), so they are out here on the West Coast. No new Animateds, since the shelves are choked with Cybertron Ratchet. Also saw a new PCC group at a nearby target, the one with the big four wheeled truck as the body, so I guess the second wave of those is already shipping.

Just got back from Target, the new WFC line as well as some variations of the movie line (I forget the name) are fully stocked. I wanted to pick up WFC Prime and Bumblebee but I'll wait for the next TRU B1G150%.

Is anyone familiar with the TRU's Rewards 'R Us e-mail coupons? I received one that's good for today and tomorrow (8/13-8/14), 20% off a single item. The online version is piecemeal images, with a generated UPC and my e-mail address is listed at the bottom of the page. That gives me the impression that the coupon's barcode might be tied to my account, which could cause problems if it was distributed. If it's known that these coupons are not tied to individuals, I'll post a copy.

I hope I get lucky in finding a Masterpiece Grimlock, since that doesn't appear to fall under the exclusions (video games are excluded).

[quote name='Bloomy']Is anyone familiar with the TRU's Rewards 'R Us e-mail coupons? I received one that's good for today and tomorrow (8/13-8/14), 20% off a single item. The online version is piecemeal images, with a generated UPC and my e-mail address is listed at the bottom of the page. That gives me the impression that the coupon's barcode might be tied to my account, which could cause problems if it was distributed. If it's known that these coupons are not tied to individuals, I'll post a copy.

I hope I get lucky in finding a Masterpiece Grimlock, since that doesn't appear to fall under the exclusions (video games are excluded).[/QUOTE]

All the coupons that are being e-mailed are one-time use coupons. Once your coupon is used, it can't be used again. You can give it to someone as long as you yourself isn't going to use it.

[quote name='apathylad']Got Grimlock in the mail today. I'm interested in getting the WFC Soundwave, and maybe Megatron, next.[/QUOTE]

I also got the grimlock I ordered to my parents house. This thing looks great in the package. They really did a nice job with the box.

Well this sucks. I went to TRU on Wednesday, no luck. Then called on Sunday only to find out that they received a shipment on Thursday and sold out. Missed it by one day argh.

This is for the Phoenix - AZ market btw.

My Grimlock at TRU.com is showing up as "located stock" or something... I get the feeling I'm going to get one that's beyond fucked up in terms of condition, like an opened return item.

Aww yeah...

I think this is pretty much my first major TF purchase ever. I've got MP skywarp, and some random cheapies otherwise.

This guy was hiding reallllly high up in the TF section but in the overstock area. I also discovered TRU hides even more overstock above the toys behind swinging signage.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0016-2.jpg

[quote name='MrSneis']I also discovered TRU hides even more overstock above the toys behind swinging signage.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the find. I always get the strangest looks when I raid those swinging overstock areas, lol.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Congrats on the find. I always get the strangest looks when I raid those swinging overstock areas, lol.[/QUOTE]

I've been told off for checking up under those, so I make sure no employees are around when I check.

Popped into my local TRU (Columbia, MD) today to find all kinds of store closing signs, everything must go, 10%-30% off. They're moving to a bigger location up the street and liquidating the current place, so I'm guessing they won't be getting any new stock until the new store opens in mid-October. Will have to hunt elsewhere for Masterpiece Grimlock, but there are plenty of other TRUs in the area.

Visited 4 last weekend with no Grim-luck (Columbia, Catonsville, Ownings Mills, Glen Burnie). Owings Mills had a few Animated Voyager left marked down to $12.97, picked up Blitzwing since I could never remember if I picked him up, and am fine with that price if it was a dupe (Animated Deluxes were $12.99). They also had 7 reissue Perceptors. No Insecticons. Nothing else really of note, except I did see some the Universe figures at TRU for the first time.

lol, employees have asked me if they wanted me to get a ladder, but I'm 6'2 so no need.

Also, finally opened Grimlock... and am actually a bit disappointed. Unlike the other MP figs (I'm especially looking at you, Megatron!) it is very simple in transformation, and while cool, is only slightly better than if we got a giant version of the G1 mold. Now, I love me some Grim (see avatar), but I always look forward to the MP figs for their complexity. The plastic feels fairly cheep too (though nowhere near as bad as the near-KO quality of Blaster). Still a cool fig, but IDK if it's worth the price.

[quote name='Zmonkay']lol, employees have asked me if they wanted me to get a ladder, but I'm 6'2 so no need.

Also, finally opened Grimlock... and am actually a bit disappointed. Unlike the other MP figs (I'm especially looking at you, Megatron!) it is very simple in transformation, and while cool, is only slightly better than if we got a giant version of the G1 mold. Now, I love me some Grim (see avatar), but I always look forward to the MP figs for their complexity. The plastic feels fairly cheep too (though nowhere near as bad as the near-KO quality of Blaster). Still a cool fig, but IDK if it's worth the price.[/QUOTE]

If you're saying this about Grimlock i can only imagine the quality of the other MP's, i actually thought Grimlock's quality was awesome. Besides the fact that the light up feature stopped working, hopefully some new batteries will fix that.

I thought I was the only one that looked on top of shelves and in overstock, glad I'm not the only one. So I have been hunting all this week and late last week at about five different Toys R' Us in my area, but no luck finding MP Grimlock. I did find a generations Thrust, but those seem to be on the shelves well stocked. I'm still on the fence if I should get WFC Optimus Prime.

Has anybody in NJ been able to get an MP Grimlock?

[quote name='trublustang03'] I'm still on the fence if I should get WFC Optimus Prime[/QUOTE]

Don't be. Him and (and to a slightly lesser extend WFC Bumblebee) are among the best figs to come out in a long time. If, like me, you value crazy, complex transformations, these figures are made of pure win.

bread's done
Back