10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Was at Target earlier...the figures are seriously overstocked. Doesn't seem like many are taking any interest in them which isn't necessarily a bad thing right now so I can find what I want. Later down the road is a different story.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Don't be. Him and (and to a slightly lesser extend WFC Bumblebee) are among the best figs to come out in a long time. If, like me, you value crazy, complex transformations, these figures are made of pure win.[/QUOTE]

I just want to second that... Optimus WFC is an awesome figure! I think I'm going to go and pick up bumble bee. I never had a bumble bee figure.. I think I should have at least one.

[quote name='trublustang03']Has anybody in NJ been able to get an MP Grimlock?[/QUOTE]

He's out in north jersey, but not south jersey.

I'm going MP Grimlock hunting during lunch, I went yesterday again but no luck.

I'm in Central Jersey, so I guess I'll see if I can head up to a Toys R' Us up north.

You guys convinced me too, so If I see WFC Optimus, I will pick him up.

LOL, here I am 31 and I'm more excited to find this figure than a 10 year old is about getting a toy, lol.

Call 1 800 TOYSRUS and ask them to do a store inventory search for your area for item #354815 (Grimlock)...could save you some time and gas.

Finally had some success, went to the Toys R' Us here in Livingston that is north of me and they had six MP Grimlocks sitting on the shelf, picked one up along with WFC Prime.

Now to go home and put this badboy alongside the other fellows.

Funny thing, the guy ringing me up, offered me batteries and I said no, then he proceeded to say that I would need batteries for my Gozilla toy, he proceeded to call it Godzilla about three more times, I just lol'ed.

Well they finally fixed the "add to cart" button...but then they give you this message, "The following item: has limited inventory. We've adjusted the quantity below to reflect the number we have available" which equals 0.

I picked up 2 Masterpiece Grimlocks for any of the CAGs here who would like one. I am just looking for cost/tax plus shipping. I was hoping this could be my payback to the board for when I was helped out with my search for Animated Arcee. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Apparently the Altamonte Springs TRU sold their last Grimlock yesterday morning. Lady in the aisle got on the radio to see if there were any left and the voice on the other side said w/o prompting that all the other stores in Orlando are sold out, too.

Got my Grimlock from TRU... and I'm never ordering anything from them again. It was placed in a box upside-down, with one air bubble, then shipped. It looks like it was handled with sandpaper. I was going to display it in the box but it's in such miserable shape...

Seems like I'm having a lot of crappy packing luck these days.

I had to check at least 4 TRU's (all within 15 mi. of me) and finally got the last one (W. Hartford, CT).

The thing is massive! Still haven't found any Insecticons though. =*(

[quote name='Vinny']Got my Grimlock from TRU... and I'm never ordering anything from them again. It was placed in a box upside-down, with one air bubble, then shipped. It looks like it was handled with sandpaper. I was going to display it in the box but it's in such miserable shape...

Seems like I'm having a lot of crappy packing luck these days.[/QUOTE]

When I ordered HFTD Leader Optimus & Starscream during the BOGO 50% deal, they came in a big box with no padding, so they were shifting around. Lots of bent corners and worn packaging. You'd think they pulled these brand new figures off some long-forgotten clearance rack. This experience made me hesitant to pre-order Grimlock from TRU.com, though due to the now-higher price and in-store hunting I need to do, maybe I should have just dealt with it.

what's up... with the WFC Megatron.. when is he scheduled for release... I don't want to miss out on my first Megatron figure.

[quote name='manthing']Dunno if this is news to you guys, but I saw the Animated Hot Rod and Ironhide this weekend at TRUs in MN.[/QUOTE]

Someone spotted awhile ago on TFW boards but always nice for a refresher for those whom want the two. My buddy is holding my Rodimus Minor till I can pick it up later in the week so I can confirm too that they're slowly trickling into TRUs near you all. Otherwise gonna pass on Ironhide for now seeing as it's almost the exact same mold as Cybertron Ratchet.

I figure Rodimus will be harder to find in the long run as well so I can't pass up this opportunity or maybe I'll never find this exclusive again.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Someone spotted awhile ago on TFW boards but always nice for a refresher for those whom want the two. My buddy is holding my Rodimus Minor till I can pick it up later in the week so I can confirm too that they're slowly trickling into TRUs near you all. Otherwise gonna pass on Ironhide for now seeing as it's almost the exact same mold as Cybertron Ratchet.

I figure Rodimus will be harder to find in the long run as well so I can't pass up this opportunity or maybe I'll never find this exclusive again.[/QUOTE]

Dont count on that. Ironhide is shortpacked. Box comes with 5 Rodimuses (Rodimi?), and only 3 Ironhides, and that Ironhide is SO much cooler looking than Ratchet.

That Ironhide is gonna tempt me something fierce to break my "no repaints" rule (if I ever have the good fortune to see one that is). Still, Rodimus is a Must Buy for me

Picked up a MP Grimlock on my way in to work this morning. There was another one in the store (Rockville, MD). No Animated Ironhide or Rodimus, though.

Picked up MP Grimlock yesterday at Lawrenceville NJ TRU on Rt 1, for the guy that was looking. They come 3 per case and I had the guy look it up in the system and bring it from the stock room. 2 left as of last night.

faod.jpg

wcjwj7.jpg

9r867l.jpg

2lv0dpl.jpg

[quote name='E-Z-B']
faod.jpg

wcjwj7.jpg

9r867l.jpg

2lv0dpl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those were the days! Where were the Food Fighters, Battle Beasts, Dino-Riders, He-Man, Thundercats, M.A.S.K., Voltron, and Construx pics??? =P

It was great being a child in the 1980s. Life was about toys like these, playing Atari/Nintendo, and watching cartoons after school & Saturday mornings.

@E-Z-B. I remember going to Kiddie City, Woolworth's, Clover, Caldor, Dry Goods, and all other toy stores and seeing display like this back in the 80's. Imagine how much money you could have if you physically had all the stock in one of those pictures. smh Another interesting point is if I remember correctly transformers have mostly been at the same price points until recently with the price hikes. It makes me realize exactly how much my parents spent on me back then :bouncy:

Everytime I get away from Transformers I always get drawn back in somehow. Now I gotta find a Masterpiece Grimlock in Philadelphia.

On a side note anyone got a MP Starscream or Skywarp for sale?

[quote name='E-Z-B']It was great being a child in the 1980s. Life was about toys like these, playing Atari/Nintendo, and watching cartoons after school & Saturday mornings.[/QUOTE]

Truly, it was the greatest generation ever.

Also: Intellivision. You were way cooler if you had that over Atari.

Awesome old pics. They just support my notion that toy stores were better back in the day. I used to think it was just because I was smaller and they just seemed bigger. Here in SoCal we had PlayCo, GemGo and OG TRU that had shelfs of gi joes and transformers.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']@E-Z-B. I remember going to Kiddie City, Woolworth's, Clover, Caldor, Dry Goods, and all other toy stores and seeing display like this back in the 80's. Imagine how much money you could have if you physically had all the stock in one of those pictures. smh Another interesting point is if I remember correctly transformers have mostly been at the same price points until recently with the price hikes. It makes me realize exactly how much my parents spent on me back then :bouncy:

Everytime I get away from Transformers I always get drawn back in somehow. Now I gotta find a Masterpiece Grimlock in Philadelphia.

On a side note anyone got a MP Starscream or Skywarp for sale?[/QUOTE]

My Walmart had them on the clearance shelf 2 weeks ago...I can check if they are still there

[quote name='marlboro2']My Walmart had them on the clearance shelf 2 weeks ago...I can check if they are still there[/QUOTE]

If there's ANY MP Starscream's (at a reasonable price) cop one for me and we can discuss how I will pay for it. Thanks!

i found a MP Grimlock at TRU today!!!!!!! 1645 Northwest 107th Avenue, Miami - (305) 593-1517 They had about 5 in stock!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E-Z-B']

9r867l.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I really miss when toy aisles looked like that. These days, they're all so loosely stocked. I had it my head somehow that aisles like this only existed to me because my small size as a child made them seem towering and packed... now, seeing this picture, I realize that even to an adult these aisles truly were as amazing as I remember.

[quote name='Doomstink']I really miss when toy aisles looked like that. These days, they're all so loosely stocked. I had it my head somehow that aisles like this only existed to me because my small size as a child made them seem towering and packed... now, seeing this picture, I realize that even to an adult these aisles truly were as amazing as I remember.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definitely love straight boxed stuff since it looks better is is easier to store. I hate carded toys and anything with curved/diagonal sides (pretty much everything Hasbro's released since RiD). They're a nightmare to store.

[quote name='Doomstink']I had it my head somehow that aisles like this only existed to me because my small size as a child made them seem towering and packed... now, seeing this picture, I realize that even to an adult these aisles truly were as amazing as I remember.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, me too! I remember the old days of TRU (hell, video games were on those goofy cards you had to bring in to a locked up area to pick up the actual game) and also thought it was just nostalgia messing with me.

And Vinny: I agree, idk wtf is wrong with Hasbro. They claim it's to make the products "jump off the shelf" visually, so kids are drawn to them and they don't get lost in the clutter, but damn are they a bitch to pack up (I open my figs, but keep the boxes. My attic is overflowing with giant boxes filled with TF packaging, lol)

Got an e-mail from the Collectors' Club that new figures are available. Darkmount and WFC Soundwave are already out of stock on the web site, though I'd wait for them to hit retailers anyway.

newstock8-26-10.jpg

Got my Piranacon from BBTS. I ordered a collectors condition and damn, it's in excellent shape. Well worth the $2 premium for anal collectors!:D

bread's done
Back