10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone with a K-Mart nearby, they are clearancing a ton of Transformer's.

Only thing noteworthy is their exclusive (I think?) box of 10 minicons... picked it up today for $13.39. The price was usually $26 and some change, which was largely overpriced.

[quote name='animalspinners']For anyone with a K-Mart nearby, they are clearancing a ton of Transformer's.

Only thing noteworthy is their exclusive (I think?) box of 10 minicons... picked it up today for $13.39. The price was usually $26 and some change, which was largely overpriced.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I may have to pick up ROTF Mindwipe. :)

[quote name='def PD']Sweet. I may have to pick up ROTF Mindwipe. :)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the ROTF figures weren't part of the clearance =/ At least Mindwipe wasn't, I scanned him upon finding him and he came up $22.

The items I saw were the 10 pack of Minicons, some Robot Heroes, and some other TF stuff I can't remember off the top of my head (nothing good like old ROTF figs).

I probably should have been more clear, most of it was junk but if you are in the market for that minicon 10 pack, it's a sweet deal.

Here is a pic:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/1/1_1245188176.jpg

It might not be K-Mart exclusive, but it's the only store I ever saw these at... seen them there since March for $26 and have been waiting for them to get rid of them, since they never sold one at this location. I don't think they are worth $26, but $13 was the sweet spot for me.

The tag said 30% clearance, but they rang up at 50%... so no idea if it's YMMV.

This thread has more of a complete view on what you may find:

http://www.allspark.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t71348.html

[quote name='animalspinners']

The tag said 30% clearance, but they rang up at 50%... so no idea if it's YMMV.

[/QUOTE]

Kmart is running a sale for an additional 30% off clearance toys, which taking into account the previous markdown comes out to about 50% off retail.

I got this item # for Animated Rodimus Minor for TRU...439128...and two stores tell me they have them in stock but they are not on the shelves. (They also say there are none in the stockroom.) Anybody know if this is a generic number for all animated deluxes? I don't have my Arcee reciepts to check with.

Edit:

Checked TRU website and they have Rodimus on there but it is OOS at $14.99. They have two other animated deluxes on the site and they have different item #'s. Both stores told me they had 8 in stock which would sound right considering there are 8 deluxes per case.

The Toys R Us Express near me has 4-6 Animated Arcee's. From lurking on this thread it sounds hard to find. I could pick it up for anyone next time I'm near the store. I'd need you to cover cost+tax+shipping+packaging obviously.

[quote name='warfox33']The Toys R Us Express near me has 4-6 Animated Arcee's. From lurking on this thread it sounds hard to find. I could pick it up for anyone next time I'm near the store. I'd need you to cover cost+tax+shipping+packaging obviously.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The TRU near my office has a few in stock as well.

Anyone have ROTF Superion and Bruticus Maximus they're willing to part with at cost (plus tax & shipping)?

[quote name='180husher']I got this item # for Animated Rodimus Minor for TRU...439128...and two stores tell me they have them in stock but they are not on the shelves. (They also say there are none in the stockroom.) Anybody know if this is a generic number for all animated deluxes? I don't have my Arcee reciepts to check with.

Edit:

Checked TRU website and they have Rodimus on there but it is OOS at $14.99. They have two other animated deluxes on the site and they have different item #'s. Both stores told me they had 8 in stock which would sound right considering there are 8 deluxes per case.[/QUOTE]

In store, there are 2 different item #'s for animated deluxe.

Rodimus/Ironhide have their own item number.
All other animated deluxes are under the second item number.

Lucked into a Grimlock at the Altamonte Springs, FL, TRU. One left on the shelf as of around 4:15pm.

Pegs were flooded w/ TFA Cybertron Ratchet, so maybe they hadn't put out the new wave w/ Rodimus/Ironhide yet.

Back to MP Grimlock, this is a pleasing-to-look-at, disappointing-to-handle figure. Many joints are either too stiff (especially the robot mode ratcheting knees) or too wobbly (like the t-rex neck). (T-rex legs/robot arms are nice throughout, though.) Add to that the cheap, hollow plastic. But as I said, he *looks* phenomenal. For me, I'd say the pricey-Transformer-to-buy this year is Movie Leader Starscream; pretty much perfect (depending on how you feel about the movie aesthetic).

[quote name='dafunkk12']Back to MP Grimlock, this is a pleasing-to-look-at, disappointing-to-handle figure. Many joints are either too stiff (especially the robot mode ratcheting knees) or too wobbly (like the t-rex neck). (T-rex legs/robot arms are nice throughout, though.) Add to that the cheap, hollow plastic. But as I said, he *looks* phenomenal. For me, I'd say the pricey-Transformer-to-buy this year is Movie Leader Starscream; pretty much perfect (depending on how you feel about the movie aesthetic).[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. The thing looks damned beautiful, but the transform is too damned simple for the price point, and as you said, parts feel almost cheap. Movie Leader Screamer is actually being released as part of the MP line in Japan, and totally deserves such recognition.

Has anyone seen WFC Megatron and Soundwave at Toys R us , Target or Walmart yet? My son is really bugging me about getting them already. Just curious.

[quote name='mickeyp']Has anyone seen WFC Megatron and Soundwave at Toys R us , Target or Walmart yet? My son is really bugging me about getting them already. Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Megatron won't be for awhile, he is Wave 3 IIRC.

Got Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide this morning...$14.99 each! I was hoping the website pricing was incorrect but apparently not. Here's to hoping they have a BOGO50%off sale soon so I can price adjust. This is also why some stores haven't put them out yet even though they have them in stock as they can't just stick these on the pegs with the other animated deluxes which are still $12.99. TRU Item # 439128 is for both Ironhide and Rodimus just like Prim4444 said.

[quote name='mickeyp']Has anyone seen WFC Megatron and Soundwave at Toys R us , Target or Walmart yet? My son is really bugging me about getting them already. Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Saw just one Darkmount today at a Kmart but nothing else on the pegs except for Bumblebee and Prime.

Does anyone know where I can still get Beast Wars action figures or a G1/Beast Wars styled Optimus Prime action figure? I'm not a big fan of how the new Optimus Prime action figures based on the movies look.

[quote name='180husher']Saw just one Darkmount today at a Kmart but nothing else on the pegs except for Bumblebee and Prime.[/QUOTE]

Damn it, I still haven't got Wave 1 of Generations so I thought I had enough of time.

Too much TF stuff in too little time, imo... the Wave 1 stuff just started showing up around here.

The local K-Mart didn't even have any Generations stuff... just a billion Ironhides and Sea Ravage's.

[quote name='180husher']Got Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide this morning...$14.99 each! I was hoping the website pricing was incorrect but apparently not. Here's to hoping they have a BOGO50%off sale soon so I can price adjust. This is also why some stores haven't put them out yet even though they have them in stock as they can't just stick these on the pegs with the other animated deluxes which are still $12.99. TRU Item # 439128 is for both Ironhide and Rodimus just like Prim4444 said.[/QUOTE]

This is what pisses me off about TRU exclusives... not only are they almost impossible to find in some areas (like mine), but then they go and raise the price for the Animated Deluxes for just these two figures. There is no reason for that, other than they know they have the market cornered and fans will pay what they are asking.

It kills me everytime Hasbro makes a deal with them, because at that point it's either a figure I'm not going to get or that I'm going to overpay on the already overpriced sticker.

I've got one TRU in my area, and a good ton of smaller comic shops and hobby stores around gunning for these figs to resell... not to mention Ebay resellers, and then other TF fans. I tried a good three or four times to get an Arcee on my own before I gave up. Luckily I won a CAG raffle type deal here on the chance to buy one, and got it that way.

It's even more frustrating when Hasbro gives TRU the best figures as an exclusive. And to top it all off, the best figures almost neeeeeeeeeever hit the website - Arcee never did, to my knowledge, and it looks like Rodimus won't either. I feel even worse for the TF fans who don't have a TRU in the area at all.

Sorry for the rant, but ugh, so frustrating. It's probably my one biggest complaint about the hobby. Luckily TRU didn't get Predaking or else it would be $300 and one per store.

[quote name='animalspinners']This is what pisses me off about TRU exclusives... not only are they almost impossible to find in some areas (like mine), but then they go and raise the price for the Animated Deluxes for just these two figures. There is no reason for that, other than they know they have the market cornered and fans will pay what they are asking.

It kills me everytime Hasbro makes a deal with them, because at that point it's either a figure I'm not going to get or that I'm going to overpay on the already overpriced sticker.

I've got one TRU in my area, and a good ton of smaller comic shops and hobby stores around gunning for these figs to resell... not to mention Ebay resellers, and then other TF fans. I tried a good three or four times to get an Arcee on my own before I gave up. Luckily I won a CAG raffle type deal here on the chance to buy one, and got it that way.

It's even more frustrating when Hasbro gives TRU the best figures as an exclusive. And to top it all off, the best figures almost neeeeeeeeeever hit the website - Arcee never did, to my knowledge, and it looks like Rodimus won't either. I feel even worse for the TF fans who don't have a TRU in the area at all.

Sorry for the rant, but ugh, so frustrating. It's probably my one biggest complaint about the hobby. Luckily TRU didn't get Predaking or else it would be $300 and one per store.[/QUOTE]

I agree with and could ditto everything you say here. Arcee never hit the website, which is beyond ridiculous nowadays. There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to get product to customers who want it, and they know these are products that a good number of their customers want.

I think it's time for us to start writing letters to Hasbro, letting them know how much this is pissing off their most loyal customers. I nearly did over Arcee. I got it for the same reason you did, and without Watchman I never would have seen it. And I must have visited my local TRUs fifty times. That's not a typo.

It may be useless given TRU's clout as the only remaining major toy store, but it speaks volumes when I'd rather *anyone else* get the exclusives. It's time they heard it directly from us.

[quote name='180husher']Got Animated Rodimus Minor and Ironhide this morning...$14.99 each! I was hoping the website pricing was incorrect but apparently not. Here's to hoping they have a BOGO50%off sale soon so I can price adjust. This is also why some stores haven't put them out yet even though they have them in stock as they can't just stick these on the pegs with the other animated deluxes which are still $12.99. TRU Item # 439128 is for both Ironhide and Rodimus just like Prim4444 said.[/QUOTE]

That's really odd. I got mine at the TRU in Kentucky about 3 weeks ago and they were all 11.99 like the other deluxes.

[quote name='n10zguy']That's really odd. I got mine at the TRU in Kentucky about 3 weeks ago and they were all 11.99 like the other deluxes.[/QUOTE]

Nothing odd about TRU marking up prices a week or two after release. Any old animated deluxes ring up for $12.99, but the two new ones are $14.99. I got two more Rodimus Minor's today...if some of you can't find them I'll give them to you for cost and shipping. Happy hunting.

[quote name='180husher']Nothing odd about TRU marking up prices a week or two after release. Any old animated deluxes ring up for $12.99, but the two new ones are $14.99. I got two more Rodimus Minor's today...if some of you can't find them I'll give them to you for cost and shipping. Happy hunting.[/QUOTE]

Shot you a PM.

And hell, the proof that TRU marks up prices is MP Grimlock for $60, then after they saw the demand they upped it to $70.

They've jacked up the price to $15 now, and with the almost $5 for shipping, I think I'll pass on this.

[quote name='E-Z-B']They've jacked up the price to $15 now, and with the almost $5 for shipping, I think I'll pass on this.[/QUOTE]

They are $15 in store too...unless you find them on the old pegs mistagged for $12.99:cool:.

Rodimus lasted, what, two hours then?

Bravo TRU.

Hopefully Ironhide stays up until I get paid tomorrow. Wait, why does it say Ironhide is General Grievious and is a Star Wars character?

Yep, I picked up WfC Megatron and Darkmount last week at my local TRU. I had to ask a stockclerk to bring out the cases from the back though (they had 3 Wave 1 cases and 3 Wave 2 cases, all of them unopened at that point).

Wave 2 box breakdown is: 2 WfC Megatrons, 2 Darkmounts, 2 WfC Primes, and 2 WfC Bumblebees.

Wave 3 box breakdown should be: 2 WfC Soundwaves, 2 Red Alerts, 2 Darkmounts, and 2 WfC Megatrons.

All the Megatrons and Darkmounts have been snatched up at this particular TRU and the pegs are flooded with Wave 1 figures.

Hopefully Wave 3 hits soon so Soundwave starts showing up (and Red Alert for those of you that didn't get the Henkei version).

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Predaking moved from a vague "Winter 2010" date to a more firm "November 2010" date on BBTS.

Got about a month or so to make sure your funds are in place ;)

Honestly can't wait, one of the few gestalts I always wanted as a kid but never had. Now just release Menasor!!

I thought Devastator would have been re-released back in 2000. Here we are 10 years later, and we're seeing our second Predaking. :/

[quote name='animalspinners']Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Predaking moved from a vague "Winter 2010" date to a more firm "November 2010" date on BBTS.

Got about a month or so to make sure your funds are in place ;)

Honestly can't wait, one of the few gestalts I always wanted as a kid but never had. Now just release Menasor!![/QUOTE]

Oh shit, I actually forgot about my preorder. And here I was so proud of my lowered credit card statements, lol. It was one of my grails (the others being dancouger and gaogaigar, but I'm not about to chuck out the money for those, lol), so worth it imho.

What the hell is making finding Rodimus and Ironhide Animated figures so damn tough to find this time at TRU's? Arcees (as many of you know) I had no problem with--but now I understand my local TRU's being bought out by hoarders on occasion.
Fortunately one of the employees understood my plight, so if he comes across any he said he'd put a pair of them away in a more remote storage bin up top away from the regulars for me, himself being a collector and hating hoarders as well.

[quote name='Watchman']What the hell is making finding Rodimus and Ironhide Animated figures so damn tough to find this time at TRU's? Arcees (as many of you know) I had no problem with--but now I understand my local TRU's being bought out by hoarders on occasion.
Fortunately one of the employees understood my plight, so if he comes across any he said he'd put a pair of them away in a more remote storage bin up top away from the regulars for me, himself being a collector and hating hoarders as well.[/QUOTE]

I noticed the opposite. Nearly impossible to find Arcee and Rodimus stayed in stock for nearly 2 weeks (of course I bought as soon as I found it).

Rockville, MD, TRU had 10 MP Grimlocks earlier this evening. 7 in a cart display out in the aisle by the boys' toys and 3 in the TF section. They also had 2 Animated Rodimus, picked one up and a Leader Starscream. Was also tempted by a Constructicon Devastator (mini-con size Constructicons) in G1 colors.

Big thanks to 180husher for hooking me up with Ironhide and Rodimus!

Finally have extra money for Transformers again, so I picked up the entire wave 1 of Transformers Generations figures at Wal-Mart. A bit more than I was planning on spending, but they had 1 of each remaining and the only other chain I hit on a regular basis (K-Mart) only stocks the new ROTF figures, for some odd reason.

It is probably the last Optimus Prime I'll ever buy though, as this one is number 7 or 8 =/

This thread is way too dead with all the new info that came out lately, about the Generations line:

Cliffjumper (Bumblebee repaint, new head), Skullgrin (Darkmount repaint, new head), and Thunderwing are incoming:

http://www.seibertron.com/transform...-cliffjumper-skullgrin-and-thunderwing/19841/

We also getting Generations Wreck-Gar (!!!!!) and Perceptor!

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=19830

And two more for you all: Jazz and Tracks

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=19843

Also, we are finally getting Generation Scout figures, starting with Windcharger:

http://www.seibertron.com/transform...cout-windcharger-and-brimstone-repaint/19839/

It's going to be an awesome 2011 for Generations figures.

Only new stuff that's gotten be excited is the Deluxe G2 Prime and MP Hot Rod, cheers to Hasbro for releasing it without the trailer that I would have probably kept in the box.

It's nice to see new figures but it's so hard to keep up with collecting now. I've slowed down a lot seeing as last figure I got is Animated Rodimus but that was a no brainer must have kind of figure.

Well, fuck.

Masterpiece Rodimus is an "unnamed store exclusive" as of right now.

My money is on TRU and, well, fuck. That takes all the excitement out of it for me, if it's true. I'm hoping for Target / Wal-Mart, myself.

Taken from TF2005, we might get new accessories though with MP Rodimus:

Masterpiece Rodimus Prime will be seeing a US release - without his trailer. He'll be a store exclusive and might come with some new accessories to balance out not having the trailer

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Only new stuff that's gotten be excited is the Deluxe G2 Prime and MP Hot Rod, cheers to Hasbro for releasing it without the trailer that I would have probably kept in the box.[/QUOTE]

What figure is that?

[quote name='animalspinners']Well, fuck.

Masterpiece Rodimus is an "unnamed store exclusive" as of right now.

My money is on TRU and, well, fuck. That takes all the excitement out of it for me, if it's true. I'm hoping for Target / Wal-Mart, myself.

Taken from TF2005, we might get new accessories though with MP Rodimus:[/QUOTE]

God I hope it's not a Target or WM exclusive. I can't find anything at those stores except for Animated figures. Then I again, TRU botched up my MP Grimlock so bad that I don't know if I want it there.

I hope it's a Kmart exclusive.:p

Wouldn't a Masterpiece Rodimus Prime w/o trailer really just be a Masterpiece Hot Rod? (not that I have an issue with that, that is how I prefer the character)

[quote name='Vinny']
God I hope it's not a Target or WM exclusive. I can't find anything at those stores except for Animated figures. Then I again, TRU botched up my MP Grimlock so bad that I don't know if I want it there.

I hope it's a Kmart exclusive.:p[/QUOTE]

Ha, well, Hasbro considers K-Mart a market 6, last I heard, which means they share the lesser exclusives with other regional stores. We won't be seeing a Masterpiece in K-Mart any time soon ;)

Since we mentioned Target exclusives, it was rumored that the Challenge at Cybertron box set (Hot Rod, Galvatron, and Cyclonus) was going to be a Target exclusive, but Hasbro has said nope, sorry, only an Asian market exclusive. Here is what it looks like for those curious:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11135&mode=retail

Speaking of figures and stores, has anyone been finding Wave 2 of the ROTF / Generations line at any retail chain besides TRU? K-Mart here has only Wave 1 of ROTF (no Generations at all) and Wal-Mart had Wave 1 of ROTF and Generations. The fact Hasbro is talking about Wave 4 - 6 of Generations already makes me worried I'm gonna be missing some.

And is anyone else disappointed the War for Cybertron figs are pretty much over? I was *really* hoping they would roll out some kick ass figures for Ratchet, Ironhide, Warpath, Starscream, or Slipstream.

bread's done
Back