10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to TRU today to see what they had with there sale and picked up a Cybertronion mode Soundwave for $8.

I was put in a rather foul mood though, I was looking through the isles I was finding toy after toy with price tags on them. Seems the hoarder that couldn't sell them jumped ship and returned everything. I was going to buy an animated grimlock but I saw that and decided against it. I was really surprised they took back so many toys, must have been thousands of dollars worth of what I just saw returned with the price tag sticker.

[quote name='skiizim']I went to TRU today to see what they had with there sale and picked up a Cybertronion mode Soundwave for $8.

I was put in a rather foul mood though, I was looking through the isles I was finding toy after toy with price tags on them. Seems the hoarder that couldn't sell them jumped ship and returned everything. I was going to buy an animated grimlock but I saw that and decided against it. I was really surprised they took back so many toys, must have been thousands of dollars worth of what I just saw returned with the price tag sticker.[/QUOTE]

What did you see on it that made you realize this? I don't understand.

[quote name='skiizim']I went to TRU today to see what they had with there sale and picked up a Cybertronion mode Soundwave for $8.

I was put in a rather foul mood though, I was looking through the isles I was finding toy after toy with price tags on them. Seems the hoarder that couldn't sell them jumped ship and returned everything. I was going to buy an animated grimlock but I saw that and decided against it. I was really surprised they took back so many toys, must have been thousands of dollars worth of what I just saw returned with the price tag sticker.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the main ToysRUs stores are getting back the inventory from the ToysRUs Express stores now that they're closing up for the season. That's likely what you saw.

[quote name='skiizim']For example, there was an Animated Rodimus that had a sticker for $17.99 and $19.99. Unless some of the TRU were marking up prices, I have no other explanations for this.

Here is what the stickers looked like, http://www.theretailersource.com/Labels-for-Monarch-1131-P15.html[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can almost bet you it was TRU Express leftovers, I remember seeing those labels at TRU Express. And the TRU Express stores did have some crazy mall-pricing.

Yeah, the labeled ones were from TRU Express mall shops, but some regular stores also jacked the price for the Animated exclusives. Did you scan them to see if the price stickers were still accurate?

[quote name='Bloomy']TRU has upped the price on the Animated Deluxes for the holiday. Was at Arundel Mills over the weekend, and saw Animated Rodimus and Ironhide stickered for $18.49 at the TRU Express. I figured it was just that mall, but the Bailey's Crossroads, VA, TRU had them for that price as well, while other Animated Deluxes were $14.49 (or $14.99). The Fair Lakes TRU had Rodimus and Ironhide for $16.49 and the others for $12.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I scanned them. They were down to regular price. I guess I'll go back and get my grimlock then. LOL... All that huffing and puffing for nothing.

[quote name='177adjen17']pick ups for this month: protector upgrade kit & RTS 2pack rodimus/cyclonus[/QUOTE]

I got the protector upgrade and the aerial team appendage upgrade. I also just unpacked my Aerialbots and Rodimus yesterday. They were in the very last box I unpacked (of course).

[quote name='skiizim']Yeah, I scanned them. They were down to regular price. I guess I'll go back and get my grimlock then. LOL... All that huffing and puffing for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Good news. Tomorrow the animated deluxes (Non exclusives) are getting marked down to $5.98. HA figures are going down to $11.98. That's all I remember.

If someone can find a Animated Grimlock for cheap out at toyrus I would gladly pay them shipping and the price of the toy.

[quote name='Mr.Sci-Fi']wave 2RTS kup, wreckgar and scourge just started hitting cali targets.[/QUOTE]

I saw wreck gar, but no kup or scourge; just g2 optimus prime and perceptor. Is that a different batch, or did I miss out? Man are these waves coming out fast now.

[quote name='fujishig']I saw wreck gar, but no kup or scourge; just g2 optimus prime and perceptor. Is that a different batch, or did I miss out? Man are these waves coming out fast now.[/QUOTE]

Wreck-Gar, perceptor, G2 Prime, and Classics Bumblebee are all part of the "Reveal the Shield" line. Kup and Scourge are from the Generations line.

[quote name='n10zguy']Wreck-Gar, perceptor, G2 Prime, and Classics Bumblebee are all part of the "Reveal the Shield" line. Kup and Scourge are from the Generations line.[/QUOTE]

That explains why I found Kub and Scourge by themselves today (also Target jacking up the price to 11.99 probably helps them stay on the shelves). I wonder why they would split them up like that.

Transformers Prime Bumblebee looks quite awesome:

1297110585_transformers-prime-bumblebee-figure-first-look-20110207105714613.jpg

1297110595_transformers-prime-bumblebee-figure-first-look-20110207105751267.jpg

Starscream is not too shabby too!

1297105647_SS.jpg

1297105651_SS-2.jpg

Also, a reminder...Transformers Prime premiers this Friday on The Hub.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Transformers Prime Bumblebee looks quite awesome:

Starscream is not too shabby too!

Also, a reminder...Transformers Prime premiers this Friday at 4pm on The Hub.[/QUOTE]

They look pretty slick.

The Hub needs to straighten up their web site. The commercials they've been running say Prime premieres at 6:30pm (Eastern) on Friday, as does the site's online schedule. The channel's main page says 4:30, and the Prime page says 4. I'd be a little worried about setting the DVR if I wasn't sure it was going to play a few times over the weekend.

[quote name='Bloomy']They look pretty slick.

The Hub needs to straighten up their web site. The commercials they've been running say Prime premieres at 6:30pm (Eastern) on Friday, as does the site's online schedule. The channel's main page says 4:30, and the Prime page says 4. I'd be a little worried about setting the DVR if I wasn't sure it was going to play a few times over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, on my DVR its currently scheduled for 3:30pm. I wonder if they're going to start the series with the preview episodes from late last year.

agreed Beast Wars had the best storylines of any TF series. and I wasn't even a fan of the toys. the show was awesome. I cried at the end of Code of a Hero

[quote name='E-Z-B']Anyone having luck finding Kup/Scourge/Perceptor/one other that I can't think of right now?[/QUOTE]

I saw them at multiple TRUs and Targets today in MN.

No Weird Al though...

Finally found a Special Ops Jazz at my local Target this afternoon. I'm not a huge Transformer fan, but I do love Jazz, and I wouldn't mind running across more classic "upgrades."

Chris Latta memorial edition?

I hope that hits the Hasbro Toy Shop, and that it isn't double counted as both the Transformers and G.I. Joe SDCC exclusive (unless they double the production run).

[quote name='E-Z-B']Actually, I was thinking of Wreck-Gar. :)[/QUOTE]

Oh shit yeah! Didn't even realize he was part of this wave!!! My biggest problem with him: the inevitable repaint won't be out for a while, so I have to wait to replicate the Junkion riding junkion from TFTM (really hope they designed it so that's possible). Ever since seeing that I've tried to finangle ways to have 1 TF ride the vehicle mode of another, but it's rarely feasible.

[quote name='KingDox']I shat a brick when I saw this. I'm asking everyone I know going to comic con to try and score me one of these.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news...-striker-with-cobra-commander-megatron-10156/

GI joe and Transformer fans are going to want this just making it harder to get.[/QUOTE]

As a Cobra fan, I will gladly shove a Transformers fan down a flight of stairs to get one of those. Or multiple flights, or multiple fans down multiple flights. I'm hoping I can find one somewhere online. Zarana might be an exclusive GI Joe figure at SDCC too which really sucks for me since I want both versions of her.

Anyways, TJ Maxx, Animated figures, the $20ish ones, are down to $5 at most stores if any are left. I don't collect Transformers but I do buy them if they get cheap, and the animated ones are pretty neat, got the last one my store had.

[quote name='ryosnk']Hopefully hasbro sells this on their website.[/QUOTE]

If they do, I'm buying 2. :)

I found some Anniversary toys at Walmart for 2 bucks. They had a dinosaur and some sort of armored truck. For 2 bucks I couldn't resist.

[quote name='177adjen17']pick ups for this month: Xfire 02A explorer & 02B munitioner :D[/QUOTE]

Those are incredible. One of my favorites. The Bruticus upgrades really transform (no pun intended) those toys into something special.

Dunno if I'm going to go for their Insecticons (also here and here). It will depend on the price.

Debating about Perfect Effect's Reflector. I always wanted a Reflector and I don't want to get one of the KOs that are going around now. But it's awfully expensive and, from what I hear, tiny.

Decided to preorder Masterpiece Megatron, which should be out next month. Thanks to those who shared their opinions on it here.

[quote name='blandstalker']Dunno if I'm going to go for their Insecticons (also here and here). It will depend on the price.

Debating about Perfect Effect's Reflector. I always wanted a Reflector and I don't want to get one of the KOs that are going around now. But it's awfully expensive and, from what I hear, tiny.

Decided to preorder Masterpiece Megatron, which should be out next month. Thanks to those who shared their opinions on it here.[/QUOTE]

i was actually looking forward to Mastermind Creations' version of insecticons, they based it on the HOS art
99_81764_eaf8a02f920f9c7.jpg
99_81764_9ff22a779069923.jpg
& protos look like their to scale also
99_81764_e9f42d36eb07cbf.jpg
99_81764_1ed3315c06443e8.jpg
99_81764_4dafd8a34d0048e.jpg
99_81764_5f2c03ff366a40f.jpg
99_81764_9143425032bf045.jpg
but now that fansproject announced their "casuality" line i'm more inclined to go their way since the quality is great, i keep reposing muni/swin dbl wielding those big guns ;) lol
Reflector looks sweet tho & i hear PE's quality is solid but i can't confirm that just yet, haven't decided between FP warbot defender or set of PE 01 SW/F/R for next month

Wow, those look neat and they combine (which is big for me).

Warbot Defender is really good. All three modes are solid, the robot looks great, and I don't think we'll ever see a better Springer. I liked it better than Protector (which is not to say I disliked Protector -- I just thought Defender was more impressive).

If I had to order my FansProject purchases it would be 1) City Commander 2) Bruticus upgrade 3) Warbot Defender 4) Protector 5) Superion upgrade

I don't have any PE stuff, though Reflector has me sorely tempted.

Target has Transformers Autobots (DS) clearanced for $9.98. Clearanced games are usually on end caps along the back perimeter of the store, usually somewhere sort of near where all the regularly-marked video games are.

Hey everyone, sorry to interrupt and ask a non-relevant question, but is there a place on CAG to do toy trading? I just bought a huge collection, and I've already got an entire room of my house filled with boxes of unpacked toys, so I wanted to see if anyone was interested in trading or buying. I've got lots of Star Wars, Mcfarlane, GI Joe, MOTU, and yes, some Transformers (although I'm probably holding on to all the Transformers). If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be much obliged. Thanks!!

[quote name='skinkrawl']Hey everyone, sorry to interrupt and ask a non-relevant question, but is there a place on CAG to do toy trading? I just bought a huge collection, and I've already got an entire room of my house filled with boxes of unpacked toys, so I wanted to see if anyone was interested in trading or buying. I've got lots of Star Wars, Mcfarlane, GI Joe, MOTU, and yes, some Transformers (although I'm probably holding on to all the Transformers). If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be much obliged. Thanks!![/QUOTE]

I might be interested in some of the GI Joe stuff. There is no true place for it, best bet is posting pictures in the trading forum. If you decide to do that, PM me a link. :D Always trying to get my hands on certain old GI Joe vehicles, even some modern ones.

I will try to get a list together and post on my list, and then get pictures for anyone who's interested in a particular item. Would be awesome to trade or sell toys on here.

Heh, not me, waaaay out of my price range. I'd love to find a complete/loose Soundwave sometime or a Megatron, but that's about it.

bread's done
Back