10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skinkrawl']Will do. Is anyone on here collecting G1 stuff boxed? AFA items?[/QUOTE]

I do. Your best bet is to take some pics/make a list and put them in your trade thread, maybe in the second post.

Any one start to find the Generations Thundercracker in stores yet? Its about time for it to be released and I'm really want to pick up one of these figures.. or did I miss it?

I have a Generation 1 Mini-Bot Seaspray (1985) in card and a Generation 1 Trypticon (1986) loose (missing parts) for trade. I'm looking for nes and snes games. PM if interested.

[quote name='Thomas96']Any one start to find the Generations Thundercracker in stores yet? Its about time for it to be released and I'm really want to pick up one of these figures.. or did I miss it?[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss it. I haven't seen any reports of store findings yet though.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Yeah...because if Thundercracker was spotted, there would be some mass hysteria in trying to find Warpath and Wheeljack.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Wheeljack, I picked up Tracks! That's about as close as I can get to Wheeljack. I didn't even know Warpath was coming out... he looks awesome.

So I just got hold of the Alternators Subaru Impreza WR Smokescreen for $5 NIB. Is that a good pick-up, and what is it worth on a re-sale roughly?

[quote name='Owen']Just look on Ebay and they go for about $20-25 but it seems there are a bunch around those prices so you may not get any takers.[/QUOTE]

Oh I want to keep it, lol. I just saw this crazy price on Amazon for $70 here

You see those crazy Amazon prices since they only charge you a fee when the item sells so people try to get way more then it is worth as it takes just the one lazy sucker who does not look on Ebay to make those scam sellers happy. If Amazon ever started doing insertion fees like Ebay, I am sure you would see all these inflated overpriced items go away rather quickly.

[quote name='Thomas96']Any one start to find the Generations Thundercracker in stores yet? Its about time for it to be released and I'm really want to pick up one of these figures.. or did I miss it?[/QUOTE]

I received Thundercracker today, but I had ordered it from an online merchant -- Automaton Toys. Small stores and online places got it in stock a couple of weeks ago.

This is the first I've ordered because I just didn't want to go through the hassle of finding it. It's only within the past few weeks that I could find Dirge with any regularity.

So now I've got all the seekers! It's kind of funny because I never intended to. I initially passed up Ramjet and Skywarp and only got them because they went on clearance.

hasbrotoyshop.com now has some of the new generations figures up including Thundercracker and Wheeljack. Use "SPRING2011" for 20% off.

Credit to dguastel over at tfw2005

[quote name='blandstalker']So now I've got all the seekers! It's kind of funny because I never intended to. I initially passed up Ramjet and Skywarp and only got them because they went on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Ramjet goes for quite a bit these days. Glad I picked him up.

Thanks for the heads up kell! Picked up Lugnut and G2 Prime. Sadly everything else I need is OOS. I haven't seen a single new TF other than the DotM Preview Prime (decent, but nothing special) since December. I wouldn't even have Tracks (and his repaint Wheeljack is already out!) if I didn't get it from HBTS a couple months ago.

I really hate this time of year. All the stores are flooded with Christmas overstock still, or are letting their stock run down for inventory. Ugh.

Code on HBTS is SPRING20 for 20% off. IDK why, but on my last post the code Kell gave worked but my order never went through. According to the TFW boards, shit's coming back in stock randomly throughout the day. Coupon supposedly expires 4/8 btw.

Edit: further reading reveals it was SPRING2011 and the new code is SPRING20

[quote name='Zmonkay']Code on HBTS is SPRING20 for 20% off. IDK why, but on my last post the code Kell gave worked but my order never went through. According to the TFW boards, shit's coming back in stock randomly throughout the day. Coupon supposedly expires 4/8 btw.

Edit: further reading reveals it was SPRING2011 and the new code is SPRING20[/QUOTE]

thanks I'm going to be checking that page like crazy! All I want is a Thundercracker!

The rumor I've heard going around is that retail stores aren't ordering the cases for the latest RTS and Generation figures - with DOTM figures hitting May 16th, stores are stocking up in preparation for this instead and not bothering with the Wheeljack / Thundercracker / Warpath case or possibly the Voyager case with Grapple and Lugnut.

For everyone here still looking for Thundercracker / Wheeljack / Warpath, better to be safe than sorry and just grab them off BBTS or any other online retailer. There is a 3 pack for $45 at BBTS, making it $15 a figure (shipping isn't a big deal for me since I have a Pile of Loot going.) Its a few bucks extra per figure, but I'd rather get them than not.

Warpath will hit the HTS eventually, yea, but for all we know he could pull a Windcharger and be up for 15 minutes and then never seen again when he sells out super fast.

Its just rumors and heresay, for now, but it seems stores are planning for DOTM and just not bothering with the end of Generations / RTS. This is why you see a lot of stores refreshing older stuff - they are trying to empty their stockroom before DOTM hits.

I found a scourge generations in the store is that a new transformer? I bought, hoping my son likes it. I have not seen it any where before.

This just sucks. I've yet to even see the wave with Scourge et al. Prolly never going to see Warpath or Windcharger. Windcharger doesn't bother me so much because he's a basic, but damned if I don't want Warpath (but don't want either of the other two from BBTS's bundle). sigh.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...d---legends-assortment-status-unknown-171877/

Straight from TFW, discussing more in-depth the rumors I mentioned yesterday.

For those who don't want to read the link -

Hasbro is cancelling the Scout assortment in the US that Windcharger is a part of, and most likely the G1 legends assortment as well, for US retail (i.e Wal-Mart, TRU, etc). This means importing from overseas and online stores will be your only bet.

No discussion on the Deluxes, such as Warpath... but don't hold your breath anymore.

This also means we won't be seeing the Rumble / Frenzy scouts, unless Hasbro works out a deal elsewhere. This news has come after all the online stores have sold out of the Takara version of them, of course.

It's all DOTM from here on out.

[quote name='animalspinners']The rumor I've heard going around is that retail stores aren't ordering the cases for the latest RTS and Generation figures - with DOTM figures hitting May 16th, stores are stocking up in preparation for this instead and not bothering with the Wheeljack / Thundercracker / Warpath case or possibly the Voyager case with Grapple and Lugnut.

For everyone here still looking for Thundercracker / Wheeljack / Warpath, better to be safe than sorry and just grab them off BBTS or any other online retailer. There is a 3 pack for $45 at BBTS, making it $15 a figure (shipping isn't a big deal for me since I have a Pile of Loot going.) Its a few bucks extra per figure, but I'd rather get them than not.

Warpath will hit the HTS eventually, yea, but for all we know he could pull a Windcharger and be up for 15 minutes and then never seen again when he sells out super fast.

Its just rumors and heresay, for now, but it seems stores are planning for DOTM and just not bothering with the end of Generations / RTS. This is why you see a lot of stores refreshing older stuff - they are trying to empty their stockroom before DOTM hits.[/QUOTE]

I took your advice and went back to BBTS (despite having bought from them in years because of their slight-to-outrageous markups) and pre-ordered the trio set along with Kup (who I've also never seen in stores)--but I have a question: their "pile of loot" system is confusing. Kup and the multi-pack are in my cart with the PoL turned on--that means I definitely have Kup right now (as it's available), but I can wait to hit the "ship" until the trio arrives in their stock, thus having it all ship for one price, right? That is, Kup is has been "pulled aside" for me and waiting until I give the OK?

[quote name='Watchman']I took your advice and went back to BBTS (despite having bought from them in years because of their slight-to-outrageous markups) and pre-ordered the trio set along with Kup (who I've also never seen in stores)--but I have a question: their "pile of loot" system is confusing. Kup and the multi-pack are in my cart with the PoL turned on--that means I definitely have Kup right now (as it's available), but I can wait to hit the "ship" until the trio arrives in their stock, thus having it all ship for one price, right? That is, Kup is has been "pulled aside" for me and waiting until I give the OK?[/QUOTE]

Yep, that Kup is yours and is put aside for you - you've bought and paid for it and its just sitting in a warehouse with your name on it.

Some people have POL's going for months, and I've seen some people that have one for over a year. Whatever is in-stock gets put in your POL until you click the "Ship" button.

What the POL does is help people in your situation - you aren't paying two shipping charges and you get all your stuff shipped together for one shipping charge. You're able to buy figures available now, while waiting for some pre-order's, thus saving on shipping.

On your BBTS account, you should see your Kup under "Recent Orders" with the Status as "Pile of Loot." I've had stuff in my pile of loot since January now (The Perceptor and Kup waves) and like you, I'm waiting for the trio before I ship it too.

I hope this clears it up for you!

This sucks.

I went ahead and ordered Kup, Scourge, and Wheeljack. Dunno what I'll do about Warpath.

Shame about Windcharger, too. I never particularly liked the G1 figure with its blocky head and simplistic transformation. The RTS one is really nice (and I was lucky to get it too -- saw one exactly once and then never again)

Guess I should have grabbed that Grapple when I saw it, too.

This are teh suxx0r. I'm going to LOL real hard when DOTM isn't a good movie and the figures sit on shelves forever.

Then again I bet retailers will take that as a sign that TF is a poor selling line overall and cut back :(

Really really hoping Hasbro does their usual repaints ad nausium and we see these "rare" figs show up again down the line. IDK how they'd do the "generations" figures, but Windcharger could easily be repainted as a scout for DotM. Hell, add one of those dumb fucking mechtech weapons, I don't care. Dammit, why can't DotM wait till June like the other movie lines?

I can't WAIT for DOTM Ravage to sit on toy shelves forever. I couldn't get enough of it from ROTF.

[quote name='MrSneis']This are teh suxx0r. I'm going to LOL real hard when DOTM isn't a good movie and the figures sit on shelves forever.

Then again I bet retailers will take that as a sign that TF is a poor selling line overall and cut back :([/QUOTE]

That's the double whammy--the new movie crap will sit forever, the Scouts/Deluxes never make it to the shelves, and as such Hasbro sees poor sales overall for the entire line. Retailers will as you said see it as a weak brand, Hasbro will see it as played out and cut back or ditch it outright for a few years.

DOGS AND CATS, LIVING TOGETHER! MASS HYSTERIA!

Oh, and thanks animal--that answered all my questions.
Man--I really want Windcharger though. He was one of my favorite little scouts--I could transform him pretty much with one hand and very quickly at that into that sweet ride of his.

[quote name='Watchman']
Man--I really want Windcharger though. He was one of my favorite little scouts--I could transform him pretty much with one hand and very quickly at that into that sweet ride of his.[/QUOTE]

He came out in Canada, the UK and Germany in decent allotment - your best bet at this point is to maybe ask around at CAG to see if anyone in Canada (not sure how many Europeans frequent CAG) can pick you up.

I wouldn't bother asking at any of the TF Forums - last I checked, TFW2005 had about 45 people on a list looking for someone to pick them up a Windcharger.

I got real lucky and someone I know overseas grabbed me one today - pricey as hell to ship it here (but not the big bucks hes going for online) but worth it.

Ever since the cancellation rumor on TFW2005, demand for this figure exploded. same with Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy.

Finally found a Kup and Scourge today at Target and TRU, respectively. Only one they had for each store. Also got my G2 Prime from HBTS. Now to find Wrek Gar and Perceptor. No Idea how I'll ever track down a Warpath though, and I've all but given up on Windcharger unless HBTS restocks or he gets repainted for DotM :(

[quote name='Zmonkay']Finally found a Kup and Scourge today at Target and TRU, respectively. Only one they had for each store. Also got my G2 Prime from HBTS. Now to find Wrek Gar and Perceptor. No Idea how I'll ever track down a Warpath though, and I've all but given up on Windcharger unless HBTS restocks or he gets repainted for DotM :([/QUOTE]

Did you get Wheeljack or Thundercracker yet? It seems the best option available is to preorder the case of three over at BBTS - it seems they sold out of single Warpath preorders. With the case of three, it averages out to $15 a figure - its worth the few bucks extra to secure em imo.

The only other option it seems is wait for HTS to hopefully stock it, and hope they all don't get swiped like Windcharger did. Now that scalpers know it commands value, they are gonna be all over it.

I doubt HTS will restock Windcharger - they even cancelled some preorders for them, and used the wording "Discontinued" on the cancellation emails.

At this point, who knows though. This same thing happened with Animated too.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Finally found a Kup and Scourge today at Target and TRU, respectively. Only one they had for each store. Also got my G2 Prime from HBTS. Now to find Wrek Gar and Perceptor. No Idea how I'll ever track down a Warpath though, and I've all but given up on Windcharger unless HBTS restocks or he gets repainted for DotM :([/QUOTE]

How the hell did you find ANYTHING at a Target? All the ones by me have had Generations pegwarmers and that Bumblebee repaint for over six weeks now--clearly they're waiting for DotM figures. I did nab Perceptor a week ago at TRU--I might be able to go back and find him for you if you want.

Also, animalspinners, if I wasn't too sure, I'd say you work for BBTS with that incessant plug for the trio pack. :whistle2:k

As I said I got Scourge the other day and Kup looks cool. I will pick that up if I see it. I like when the molds are different looking. $12 does seem high but I have not bought in awhile because all the toys on the pegs are always the same.

[quote name='MrSneis']This are teh suxx0r. I'm going to LOL real hard when DOTM isn't a good movie and the figures sit on shelves forever.[/QUOTE]

ROTF wasn't a good movie, but the figures sold well.

Hasbro's only really boneheaded move was HFTD recolors. I think the person who thought we'd all want oceans of Jetblade and Sea Attack Ravage should be canned.

But, overall, ROTF did really, really, well and funds lines like Generations and RtS. It's only because of the movie toys that we get the really great toys.

[quote name='animalspinners']He came out in Canada, the UK and Germany in decent allotment - your best bet at this point is to maybe ask around at CAG to see if anyone in Canada (not sure how many Europeans frequent CAG) can pick you up.[/QUOTE]

This is a possibility, but Windcharger is hard to get a hold of here (I'm in Canada). I saw one, once. That's it. Many collectors on the Canadian boards have never seen Windcharger. However, some people bought two so it's possible.

animalspinners : Hell, I paid 15 after tax for Kup at TRU (What the hell!?) so I'll just order the damned 3 pack from BBTS. I have a no repaints rule, but I needs me a warpath so maybe I'll see if I can get rid of Wheeljack and Thundercracker. Thanks!

mickeyp: Kup is pretty cool. I don't like the legs (seem disproportionately long to me) but I think the transformation is pretty cool and unique and is overall a great homage.

And Watchman: I'm still holding out hope that HBTS or my local stores will get in a Perceptor and/or WrekGar, but might take you up on that offer. Thanks :D

[quote name='Watchman']
Also, animalspinners, if I wasn't too sure, I'd say you work for BBTS with that incessant plug for the trio pack. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Haha, no, I just want to make sure my fellow Transformers fans aren't left out in the cold. Normally, I'd just say wait for HTS, but lately HTS has been selling out in record time and I've got a feeling Warpath will be one of those Classics that people pay big money for down the line.

I won't lie, BBTS gets about 95% of my business but thats because I can preorder stuff as soon as it pops up and don't have to worry about missing figures due to poor B&M stocking. The fact you can cancel a preorder if you change your mind also helps (TFSource does not let you cancel a preorder, no matter what, which is complete BS.)

They also have excellent packing and great customer service so I don't hesitate to recommend them ;)

For everyone who is getting Kup, take a look at iGear heads based on the IDW Kup. I definitely think they are an improvement over the regular head and are pretty cheap to boot.

http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=100

I gotta be careful here. I think it's more important to go after just the figs I want rather than "what's rare" or hot and new, then again the figures I want are big money guys :(

I found Transformers Voyager - Highbrow today at Target. I am so happy because I have been looking for it for a long time. I will give it to my son at the end of the week when he gets his report card, which I know will be great.

Hey everyone, promised I would post when I put up some figures to trade. No Transformers yet, as I'm still going through box upon box, but there should be soon. Hit me up if you're interested, and sorry for breaking into the discussion.

HTS just added some new in-stock items:

Wheeljack, Thundercracker, Perceptor, the 4-pack of G1 Legends, Scourge, Kup and Lugnut.

Wreck-Gar, Grapple, Windcharger are still out of stock. Warpath still isn't up yet.

Not sure of any current coupon codes so I can't help out there.

[quote name='Zmonkay']10% off disc10

The crazy shipping rates still hurt (and I'm pissed that still no Wreck Gar. grrr)[/QUOTE]

You think their shipping rates are crazy? Try shipping to Canada. For one deluxe, the charge is $31.98

Suddenly I'm no longer so reluctant to pay 15.99 for a deluxe (which is the MSRP here).

Wreck Gar is awesome. Get two if you can because he's designed to ride himself.

I had no idea this thread existed. I am a member over at TFW2005 and a few other hasbro related boards. I was disappointed in the Windcharger news like many others, hoping he shows up somewhere down the line or Hasbro gives some good news at Botcon. The only legend figures I wanted were Trailcutter and Megatron. Not worried about the Generations figures because that line is supposed to co-exist with DOTM. Just need Warpath, Wheeljack and Thundercracker (I'm a sucker for the mold even though I have all the original Botcon set)

got sum good pick ups lately, found wreck-gar and perceptor @WM then a couple of disc HA figs from Marshals :lol:

on a side note: i might have an extra Thundercracker for trade, not sure yet tho but i will post it here if ne1s still looking for it

[quote name='blandstalker']You think their shipping rates are crazy? Try shipping to Canada. For one deluxe, the charge is $31.98

Suddenly I'm no longer so reluctant to pay 15.99 for a deluxe (which is the MSRP here).

Wreck Gar is awesome. Get two if you can because he's designed to ride himself.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap that's insane!

Also, fantastic news on Wreck Gar. That was my hope from the beginning, but for some reason I never saw confirmation. Great, now I need 2 of the fuckers, lol

Wreck Gar is finally back in stock! don't forget disc10 for 10% off

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transf...ld-deluxe-class-wreck-gar?BR=496&ST=PRDS&PG=5

Ordered 2 (my dream of having junkions ride each other! Now to order that Junkion upgrade kit I saw on TFW) along with a PCC Dinobots.

Just wish Perceptor was in stock too. I was hoping they'd all be in stock together to save on shipping, but no dice. Perceptor isn't a huge want anyway, just happy to finally get my Wreck Gars :D

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Ordered 2 (my dream of having junkions ride each other! Now to order that Junkion upgrade kit I saw on TFW) along with a PCC Dinobots.

Just wish Perceptor was in stock too. I was hoping they'd all be in stock together to save on shipping, but no dice. Perceptor isn't a huge want anyway, just happy to finally get my Wreck Gars :D[/QUOTE]

Couple of things about Wreck-Gar:

• His weapon is just a little too big for his hands, and it causes stress marks. I've heard that sanding down the handle with hobby sandpaper (not hardware store paper) fixes this. I have yet to get some.
  • His handlebars are automorphs, but they are not obvious. Let the automorph do its thing or I've heard it's easy to break the handlebars.
Perceptor is a good figure. The vehicle mode is solid, better if you add a little paint to the bumpers. The robot mode is terrific, though. I thought it was really impressive, but it looks like Perceptor is a love/hate figure. 'Course, if you hate it, you can always make a really spiffy Soundwave out of it.

Grimstone is also great. Not quite as good as Steamhammer, but worth getting. PCC has gotten a lot better with the last few waves.

Holy crap that Soundwave custom is fantastic! I'll def. pick up Perceptor at some point (assuming I find it, heh) but the vehicle mode just doesn't do it for me. Great bot mode though, as you said. And thanks for the Wreck Gar tips. I'll def. be careful.

I've only got a handful of PCC's but thought Grimstone would be a nice one to have. Overall not impressed with the line, but they're cool little figures and I can see a younger (ie, non-collector) me liking them.

Just had BBTS drop the the Wheeljack / Warpath / Thundercracker three pack into my Pile of Loot, and the six G1 Legends. Also had HTS ship out of my Grapple and Lugnut and Windcharger is still on his overseas journey to my apartment.

It feels so good to finally be done with this round of Classics. Got pretty much every release minus some of the repaints.

Also, UPS just dropped off my Knight Morpher Commander and Fansproject Munitioner and Explorer yesterday - blown away at how awesome all three of them are. FP Bruticus is a thing of beauty, easily one of the best Transformers I've ever owned.

bread's done
Back