10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya see, the 4 hr part actually hooked me. I love model building, but it's a hella expensive hobby and usually once you put them together... BAM, done. I had a blast building a few Gundam model kits I got on clearance, but you can't really rebuild them, so it feels like a waste of money. At least with lego kits you can use them an infinite number of times.

Finally got a hold of Shockwave at target last night....damn he was hard to find. I am still on edge about getting Megatron or another Prime since I still have him from the first movie. The only TF toys I have bought from the second movie was Ravage...I was thinking about getting Devistator but man is he ugly!.

went to toysrus last night on a whim, and i managed to find a leader class ironhide. i was so excited to find him in the wild. i assumed leaders bumblebee and sentinel prime were the only ones out at the moment. anyways, he and shockwave (who i picked up along with ironhide) are both excellent figures. so far, ive bought leaders sentinel prime and ironhide, and voyagers optimus prime, megatron, and shockwave. the only one out of the bunch not really worth it is optimus but all the others are awesome!

[quote name='Zmonkay']Ya see, the 4 hr part actually hooked me. I love model building, but it's a hella expensive hobby and usually once you put them together... BAM, done. I had a blast building a few Gundam model kits I got on clearance, but you can't really rebuild them, so it feels like a waste of money. At least with lego kits you can use them an infinite number of times.[/QUOTE]

Yea, when I was in high school I built a lot of Gundam models. I loved it, it's a lot of fun. While I don't think it is/was a waste, it's tough to find a place for the models to display and such, and it's a lot more fun building them than looking at them.

[quote name='masterchief2291']went to toysrus last night on a whim, and i managed to find a leader class ironhide. i was so excited to find him in the wild. i assumed leaders bumblebee and sentinel prime were the only ones out at the moment. anyways, he and shockwave (who i picked up along with ironhide) are both excellent figures. so far, ive bought leaders sentinel prime and ironhide, and voyagers optimus prime, megatron, and shockwave. the only one out of the bunch not really worth it is optimus but all the others are awesome![/QUOTE]

I need to find a leader Ironhide, thanks for letting me know they're out now.

Is anyone here going to SDCC? If so, I have a favor to ask if you could PM me please. (Doesn't involve buying anything or shipping anything.)

50B79C125056900B101A3E129E7CB131.jpg
509D13BC5056900B102C3BEBF9326A27.jpg

50D416AD5056900B101E4CB7E7BD39D3.jpg
50C7710A5056900B107134EB4E62FEF6.jpg

4D0D4D6B5056900B104C95CB7B99307C.jpg

94B5D3555056900B109D2102AE800498.jpg
94B6A5BB5056900B10F2BEEEAC6CCF99.jpg
50E6746C5056900B1085DF3F3DFD3936.jpg

50F763755056900B106C7597366F0E83.jpg

4CC66A485056900B104AE87015E62F4D.jpg
4B86276F5056900B10ECE2B6555ECE9D.jpg

4C61E1D15056900B10E4A861F6B2A6C0.jpg

4CED21075056900B1081A425F556F4A4.jpg

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone else picking up any Kre-O sets? I'm disappointed they don't transform (but the horrible Built to Rule line during Armada did and they sucked anyway) but some of them look cool.[/QUOTE]
that's a big YES for me :lol: (my wallet just slapped me upside the head :boxing:) BTR was a miss, have 1 of the small sets in storage and that was it for me...not too bummed about them not transforming but it would've been nice if they did ;)... it's mainly for the kre-ons and plus i like the vehicle mode rather than the robot modes, they still feel kinda klunky for my taste.

My son and I are Lego collectors and we've got two rules 1) never buy Lego knock-offs 2) never pay retail...we broke both these rules and bought Kreo Megatron at TRU. They only had about half the sets in stock at TRU and Megs seemed to have a nice vehicle mode, robot mode, and nice assortment of mini Kreons (Shockwave!!!).

If you are a Lego fan, then I recommend trying a set. The set is better than Megablocks...better plastic, better quality molding, and much better instructions (my 6 year old son followed the instructions without getting confused once). Not quite Lego quality, but certainly the next best. 4 hour build time is a stretch...my son built this set while watching a 2 hour movie.

If you are strictly a Transformers fan, I might pass on these. They don't transform...you just get all the pieces you need to build each mode. You want to go from robot to vehicle, you have to break it apart and rebuild it. They are certainly uglier than the regular toys...looks great on our Lego shelf but not the Transformer shelf. And they are pricier than the toys for what you get...unless you plan on collecting the bricks or using them with your Legos.

Having built one, how difficult is it to tear down? I know with some of my old lego sets some small pieces were a bitch to get apart. I actually had some grey lego brand tool for snapping them apart (wonder if I still have that in my bin of legos in the attic? hmmm)

All Legos have that problem, and that tool is available at TRU and Lego stores. For small pieces I just gently wedge a Xacto knife inbetween the two small pieces and pry them apart.

[quote name='180husher']All Legos have that problem, and that tool is available at TRU and Lego stores. For small pieces I just gently wedge a Xacto knife inbetween the two small pieces and pry them apart.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Didn't know if it was just older sets and they'd somehow made them easier to take apart, or even worse if non-Lego sets were actually harder to tear down, lol. My Prime hasn't shipped yet, but I can't wait. Doesn't help that I just finished playing Lego Star Wars, lol.

Anyone interested in a Generations Wheeljack and/or Thundercracker?

Finally got my set from BBTS today with Warpath, but I don't want the other two. Instead of selling them on Ebay (apparently they sell a bit over retail, I'm surprised) I'd rather they go to a CAG if anyone wants them for cost + shipping. My cost was 50 for all three, so that's about 17 per fig plus whatever the post office says is cheapest shipping. Both for 30 + shipping :D PM me if interested.

Got my Collectors' Club Cheetor and Ramjet. Cheetor comes with a G1 style tech spec loose in the box. The box isn't big enough for it, though, so it got bent a bit underneath the foam padding.

Been seeing the Wave 3 deluxes at TRU (Nitro BB, Laserbeak, Mudflap, Thundercracker), but haven't seen Wave 3 Voyager or Leader Ironhide yet. Did find a Generations Warpath. Zowie!

[quote name='Bloomy']

Been seeing the Wave 3 deluxes at TRU (Nitro BB, Laserbeak, Mudflap, Thundercracker), but haven't seen Wave 3 Voyager or Leader Ironhide yet. Did find a Generations Warpath. Zowie![/QUOTE]

Did you see if they had any in back? My TRU has had Leader Ironhide for at least 3 weeks now.

Hey all. I was curious if anyone had extra figures from the classics / universe line that they would want to offload at a reasonable price. Ebay is pretty ruthless. Maybe we're all in the same boat, but I figured it was worth a shot. Thanks for your time.

I found Thundercracker and Laserbeak today in DOTM packageing. Is thundercracker the same transformer as the one in generations? I see that it is different now. Does anyone recommend these two figures? I don't have a thundercracker figure at all. Is laserbeak an ok figure?

Found (leader) Ironhide and (voyager) Starscream at Target tonight. The Starscream (which is a Target exclusive) was the only one on the shelves, and has a bit of a bend in the front of the box. I figure if I find a better one some other time I'll buy and return the other, but as is I'm just happy to have found it.

The Ironhide looks sweet.

[quote name='mickeyp']I found Thundercracker and Laserbeak today in DOTM packageing. Is thundercracker the same transformer as the one in generations? I see that it is different now. Does anyone recommend these two figures? I don't have a thundercracker figure at all. Is laserbeak an ok figure?[/QUOTE]

Just in name only, DOTM Thundercracker is a sweet repaint of the hum-drum tattooed DOTM Starscream. But the DOTM TC only has one of DOTM Starscream's mech-tech weapon (the non-gimmicky one) and a blue mechtech blaster/chainsaw combo - the same blaster/chainsaw autobot Road Buster has (his is green)

I found Leonard Nimoy/Sentinel Prime Voyager class at TRU this weekend. They only had one and the box looked like a gorilla had been using it for a chair. The light piping for his eyes is clear and for some reason they seem to glow brighter than any of the figures so far, kinda neat.

Has anyone seen the stardust/moonbeam Optimus anywhere (not sure of official name)? He's got a reflection of the moon and stars in his windshield and the matrix of leadership is removable from his chest. I read a review of the toy a while back but haven't seen it anywhere.

I found Leonard Nimoy/Sentinel Prime Voyager class at TRU this weekend. They only had one and the box looked like a gorilla had been using it for a chair. The light piping for his eyes is clear and for some reason they seem to glow brighter than any of the figures so far, kinda neat.

Has anyone seen the stardust/moonbeam Optimus anywhere (not sure of official name)? He's got a reflection of the moon and stars in his windshield and the matrix of leadership is removable from his chest. I read a review of the toy a while back but haven't seen it anywhere.

[quote name='demonchylde']Has anyone seen the stardust/moonbeam Optimus anywhere (not sure of official name)? He's got a reflection of the moon and stars in his windshield and the matrix of leadership is removable from his chest. I read a review of the toy a while back but haven't seen it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I think you're talking about this, which is a Walmart exclusive.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/tf3-dotm-autobots-453/optimus-prime-wal-mart-exclusive-5583/

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...t-exclusive-bonus-value-pack-released-172100/

I picked one up in the Harrisburg, PA, area, back in early June. Haven't been to a Walmart recently to see if they're still around. Haven't opened mine, so I don't know if the matrix is removable.

Thanks for the info, Bloomy. Didn't know it was WalMart exclusive.

Also, spotted Roadbuster Human Alliance at Target today. Just one on the shelf. He looks pretty cool, but I'm gonna wait for a sale.

How does the groupon code work? Might be a good way to get a discount on upcoming Masterpiece rodimus prime next week. Is it region locked? I see the deal is for Tampa area.

Damn, missed the groupon! Ah well. Picked up Leader Ironhide today. Decent fig, but very much a brick when it comes to transformation. Very straightforward and pretty simple. Was hoping since he's a leader class he'd be on par with the complexity of RotF Prime and DotM Sentinal.

Also decided to open up Wheeljack after seeing that he's similar to Sunstreaker/Sideswipe in that he's not just a straight repaint of Tracks, but is instead of decently remolded figure with altered transformation for the legs. I'd have no problem with Hasbro's insistence on multiple repaints if they did this (though my wallet sure would!)

Hope MP Rodimus goes up on TRU's website, even if only for preorder. Can't wait for that one!

SDCC will also have a "special" version of Ultimate DotM Prime (I think just a foil slip cover or something?) and an early release of TF:prime... Prime with Matrix packaging (Hang it around your neck like a true pimp!) that I'm pretty sure is 20.00 even though it's a deluxe class fig.

Boo!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How did you find it? Doing a search won't bring it up. Any chance the Thundercats Lion-O is up as well?[/QUOTE]

I saw someone link MP Rodimus directly on Twitter. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise, so I don't know.

I got the link here and tfw2005 had it as well but nobody really explained how they found it to begin with. Playing with the numbers in the cart they have a ridiculous number of those Lion-O's and a pretty solid number of MP Rodimus.

Thanks for the links. I actually decided against Rodimus too. Tax + Shipping...way too much. Haven't collected figures in a while, I should stop while I'm ahead.

I cave for Masterpiece releases and I don't mind supporting them in the U.S since I wanted to see more come here much cheaper then their Japanese counterparts.

mother fucker! Apparently MP Rodimus went up shortly after 1:30 (what a strange fucking time). I checked at 1:00 and figured if he wasn't up then screw it. AAAaaaargh! And of course he's now sold out. Just hope he either comes back (doubtful), I see him in stores (possible, as my TRU always had a decent number of Grimlock), and that TRU doesn't mark him up like they did after the initial online listing of Grimlock.

Pretty sure scalpers got a larger number around the end, checked and the remaining stock was 170 then took a phone call for about 20 minutes and came back to a sold out Rodimus . BTW for those that did order this morning and pay shipping call them for a refund on that. As a San Diego Comic Con exclusive (front page of ToysRUs) it was supposed to have free shipping. Just called and they had no problem refunding it.

I was hopeful to find it in store at first as my TRU almost always had Grimlock in stock, but maybe that's a bad thing and they felt burned on it so won't order as many Rodimus. Argh!

Anyone know the best price yet for Encore #20 Devastator reissue? Especially if I buy two for my sons?

Can't comment specifically on Starscream (I personally don't care for the look of either mode) but Kre-O Prime (the biggest set) is fan- fucking -tastic. I hope they make more, because I don't really care for any of the others out right now, but Prime is gorgeous in both modes and is a blast to build.

Soooo, at the very least I can confirm that the Kre-O idea is well executed :D

bread's done
Back