Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Watchman']
Whoops! Guess Hasbro didn't get the memo the new movie's been pushed back to 2013. Good luck turning a profit this quarter guys![/QUOTE]

Hasbro gave stores the option to return the product. A lot of Wal-Marts did, Target and K-Mart decided to keep it. Stores have had this product on-hand for weeks before the announcement of the movie getting pushed back, so it wasn't like Hasbro knew and shipped stores the product anyways. They got screwed over just as much as the stores did.

From what I've heard, it is selling pretty well across the board because people are picking it up thinking it is rare and scalpers are scalping it. For your Target to have that much product either means they just stocked it (which means they are behind on their resets) or Joe stuff just doesn't in your area. In my area, people were buying the stuff by the cart on the 28th.

Waves 2 and beyond have been pushed back to 2013 though.

They'll turn a profit from Avengers figures though -- those 6" figures are selling so fast Wal-Mart cannot keep them in-stock for more than a day at the most, as people just buy the entire cases.

I got vehicon, hotshot and knockout and the small starscream the other day. How much are the deluxes
at target they were Like $12 at Walmart.

[quote name='karkyco']Hopefully some of that expense was for the boy's BDay :D:D[/QUOTE]

Nah, screw the kid. :D

Joking. We already picked up a ton of stuff for his 4th birthday and gave it to him too. He's already managed to destroy 100% of the Lego models I built from his new stuff, and my wife gave away the Playskool Heros Transformers I bought for him to another kid. Those looked pretty cool and he was excited, until I showed him the "scary" (his words) TF Prime show. Oh well.

There's still time to convert him. His older sister seems to dig TF as much as Lego, so I did good there. :)

While I'm on the topic of Playskool Heroes, WTF is the deal with the Optimus Prime firehouse??? That make sense to anyone else?

I got to get to some stores tomorrow and try to pick up a Vehicon. People were talking about troop building Vehicon... I ended up buying two Arcees, because I wanted see if one could ride the other... didn't happen... but they look awesome together as twins. gave one two guns and the other two blades.

[quote name='Watchman']Oh also, I forgot to mention I spotted this stocked in my Target yesterday:
photo.jpg

Whoops! Guess Hasbro didn't get the memo the new movie's been pushed back to 2013. Good luck turning a profit this quarter guys![/QUOTE]

Only good figures in the set are Red Ninja, Zartan, and the GI Joe Trooper... Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper lack good leg/foot articulation :( The vehicle pilots suck too.

I'm trying to get my hands on one more tan-cloak GI Joe Trooper still, but after that I'm done until the SDCC exclusives. Hasbro dropped the ball this year for GI Joe collectors, it sucks. Can't say I liked most of the movie waves, but there were a few figures I would have liked to purchase... but eh, more money for Marvel figures.

After weeks of fruitless searching I found two vehicons this morning at Walmart. They are up for trade. I am looking for lego minifigures - specifically any series 1 - 3, Marvel and DC figures

^^^^

LOL, you search weeks and finally find them....just to trade them. There is some sad Transformer collector who is mad at you right now :D

Future case (forgot which wave..4?) is going to have 2 Vehicons in it, the window to move that for a profit is shrinking.

[quote name='jbz']^^^^

LOL, you search weeks and finally find them....just to trade them. There is some sad Transformer collector who is mad at you right now :D

Future case (forgot which wave..4?) is going to have 2 Vehicons in it, the window to move that for a profit is shrinking.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* I've been a collector of several different lines (Star Wars, Simpsons, Lego, Cars, Transformers, etc) over the years. My office is in close proximity to several stores so I hit stores (though not as much as I used to) before work, at lunch, to kill time and look for figures for me, my kids or my local collector buds and board members. I've never scalped anything, never looked to make a profit. Ebay and shipping things is just not worth the time or hassle involved to make a couple of bucks.
In this instance I MAY trade them seeing as I have been on a Lego minifigure kick as of late. If nothing comes of it, I may keep one or both, give them to my kids, offer them up to my local collector buds (though most of them have them already or aren't collecting Prime) or board members. In any case they WILL end up in the hands of a Transformer collector.

Yes it sounded like someone looking to potentially trade vehicons for lego figures and not "Pay me $50 per vehicon plus your first born"

Gentelemen, please. I have a simple solution. El Rey can simply send me one and I will then confirm I received it. Therefore there shall be no question that a TF collector received it. I shall do this out of the generosity of my own heart... :D

But seriously, fuck Hasbro's distribution (or stores for order/not ordering when they should). A Target near me has, near as far as I can tell, not restocked in ~ 6 weeks. No figures have sold (cuz they're all BB, Voyager Prime, and DotM) but 1/2 the pegs are empty, so I really don't get it.

Come Wave 6, they're resetting the line with new packaging and a lineup that consists of pretty much every hard to find character so these will be much easier to find in a few months.

Here's the lineup:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS21953&mode=retail

Still two Bumblebees but at least the reset will get rid of all the old ones and there will be new DPCIs (presumably) for those of us that get our figures that way.

It would be nice if they doubled up on the Airachnids somewhere in there, wave 7 perhaps? Just saw series 4 images on BBTS and am majorly bummed. A repaint of Bee already? And how is Dead End supposed to be represented by a redeco of Wheeljack?

Sigh,more $ for the Wii U fund I guess.

All quiet on the cyberfront, CAG's? At first I thought the site mistakenly quit sending me daily updates, but it would seem nothing's been said since June 20th.

haha, because nothing has come out (or at least been in any stores near me) since then...

Seriously, I don't remember ever having this kind of drought before. There have been "sightings" of some random new stuff, but not wide spread, and certainly not in my area :(

Still need Knock Out, Vehicon, and Dreadwing from the last wave, and Arachnid from the "new". I think Cyberverse Ultra Magnus is out too, but I could be mistaken. Otherwise... is anything else even out there?

My wallet's happy, but I am not.

It's been very slow, and even slower in Canada. We haven't gotten past Wave 1, in either Deluxes or Voyagers. Seriously.

The big news here is that Wave 2 Cyberverse Commanders have been spotted.

On the one hand, it's been boring. On the other, I have actually enjoyed not obsessively going to Toys R Us and Wal-Mart.

Last thing I got was the Iron Army guys -- the third party PCC transformable drones. They are awesome. Before that, it was Hercules.

I actually stumbled upon a DOTM guy that I didn't know existed. It's this guy and the toy is actually pretty good. I liked Crankcase as a toy so I figured why the heck not? The only thing I don't like about Hatchet is that one of the weapon pod thingies was mis-assembled so the part that flips around to turn it into a gun is actually backward. Other than this minor gripe, he has a surprising amount of sculpted detail and paint apps for a Cyberverse Commander and pretty good articulation.

Yeah, Hatchet is a great fig. I didn't even realize he was one of the Dreads until clicking your link though. Pretty cool. Still don't get why Crowbar never got anything other than a Cyberverse release, but then again the whole DotM line was a clusterfuck of miss-management. Tons of Bumblebee, but still characters that didn't get toys (and don't even get me started on deluxe and HA Soundwave and Q/Wheeljack, which had toys and were only released in Asia...)

[quote name='demonchylde']The only thing I don't like about Hatchet is that one of the weapon pod thingies was mis-assembled so the part that flips around to turn it into a gun is actually backward. [/QUOTE]

Don't be too mad. Mine only came with one. By the time I realized it was really supposed to have two and I didn't lose it, I'd destroyed the packaging and didn't want to try and deal with returning it.

Both Hatchet and Crankcase were neat. It makes me sad for what could have been with DotM. It didn't get a full set of major characters, but it also didn't get the quirky characters that RotF put out in its later assortments and sublines.

So SDCC Bruticus is going to be 99.99 -- I want one, but I don't know if I want to pay effectively double (and that if I get lucky on HTS) for a better paint job. Especially because I don't know if it's going to be a good combiner or a big disappointment.

[quote name='Zmonkay'] I think Cyberverse Ultra Magnus is out too, but I could be mistaken. Otherwise... is anything else even out there?
[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention that--a trip to TRU today netted me Commanders Ultra Magnus and Ironhide (they had Dreadwing too, but I don't like the character).
Shockingly when I looked at my receipt they were $9.99 apiece, instead of the stickered $11.99--I didn't see a sale tag, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, especially with that overpriced den of thieves.

I will say this having opened Ironhide up--he has a remarkably complex transformation for such a little guy, and highly poseable (though his head stays static); and an absolute first to my knowledge, his entire torso and legs actually rely on his head as a pivot point to transform. I am loving this figure--his truck mode reminds me of Prime's Alternator version of a Chevy pickup--but with a much better transformation.
Drawbacks--he has a bit of a tough time staying tabbed in for vehicle mode and his cannons have three different pegs that don't make it easy to rest on his flatbed in the back, but there's a ton of options to where you can put them (on the side or in the back, two spots with his forearms), and I think there's an alternate unpublished third weapon with them--each cannon has a hole in the back that perfectly fits the pegs, so if you combine one horizontally and vertically, it makes a hammer very similar to Magnus's (only his is square whereas 'Hide's is round). Even if you pose him with a windup hammer swing behind his back, his joints are nice and stiff and legs perfectly balanced that the weight of the weapon behind his frame isn't heavy enough to cause him to tip backwards.

Magnus on the other hand has an exceedingly simple transformation (I generally like to give it a go with any new figure and see if I can transform it without the instructions--sadly he took all of about 30 seconds to figure out); shoulders up over the head, arms to the side, torso revolves, legs straight out, pegged and feet turned upwards.
If there's one saving feature about him, it's that his hammer is also a rifle when turned around and has a pivot point at the end of the barrel, which for vehicle mode makes for a remarkably cool looking cannon when mounted to his trailer (the alt mounting on the side looks ridiculous for such a huge weapon and makes him look horribly unbalanced as such). His ball joint pegs also feel a bit loose; even pulling him from the plastic mold packaging his leg popped right off. On the reverse for his hammer it's exceedingly difficult to have him hold the hammer in robot mode as his hand is molded more in an open grip than a closed one--combine that with the loose joints and a top-heavy weapon and it's tough to keep his arm up posed (I'm just going to leave it in rifle mode and attach to his outer forearm peghole). And there's something about his thighs that in their sleekness looks awry, given his bulky, angular look everywhere else.

All in all, Ironhide's a super figure for the line. Get him immediately.
Magnus, well, he is what he is, they could have done worse I suppose. He's not what I'd consider a "must buy", but certainly not worth skipping altogether. Colors are nice, like the clear plastic for his collarbone joints; but he looks stiff around his head, which conveys a personality like the tight-ass he's always been.

Doh! Sad to hear how lame Magnus is. I somehow managed to find an Ironhide a couple weeks back, and I agree he has a refreshingly original transformation, especially for a legends/cyberverse fig. Stupid legs don't like to stay tabbed together in vehicle mode though...

I swung by the TRU near my office today and snagged three of the new Fall of Cybertron figures. Prime, Jazz, and Shockwave.
- Prime's a bit of a let down after his figure for WFC. Much less complicated transformation, but seems smaller in scale. Will need to dig my WFC Prime out to verify.
- Jazz looks pretty cool in both modes and despite a couple of tricky peg-together panels, hold together well in alt mode and actually rolls.
- Shockwave looks pretty bad-ass in robot mode, but his alt mode is some sort of hover tank thing with his clear-pink chest panel looking like some sort of gigantic eye on the back end. His legs a bit stiff and hard to move at the knees, but I think overall I like these guys. During his transformation you peg his gigantic gun onto his ass like a rather obvious "third leg." LOL

[quote name='Watchman']All quiet on the cyberfront, CAG's? At first I thought the site mistakenly quit sending me daily updates, but it would seem nothing's been said since June 20th.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I stopped really playing video games (I hate the way the industry is going) so I stopped visiting the site as much. Also, most of the people on this thread sadly aren't into third party toys (due to cost), which is where all the real action is in Transformers these days, at least imo, so I spend a lot of time at TFW.

There is plenty to talk about though even outside of third party stuff:

Amazon is getting an exclusive FOC G2 Bruticus, Jetwing Prime and Year of the Dragon Prime. Preordered the first two out of three, skipping the Dragon Prime.

K-Mart is running a 50% off clearance sale on toys until 7/14. You can get DOTM Ultimate Optimus for $22, DOTM Leaders for $17, DOTM Voyagers for $8, DOTM HA figures for around $7, Kre-Os anywhere from $4 - $9 (got Sentinel Prime for $9). Depending on your area, there may be a lot or a little left. There is a lot more than just Transformers too. There is some pretty amazing deals to be had.

Perfect Effect Arcee and Toyworld's Hegemon are both amazing figures. Pricey, but amazing. Can't wait until I can afford KM-02 Cyclops.

K-Mart seems to be the only store that has so far got in the Optimus Maximus playset; the giant Optimus who opens up to be a playset for cyberverse figures.

Wal-Mart seems to be getting Prime Deluxe Wave 4 for right now, Target is getting in FOC figures... TRU is a mix of both. If you didn't get a Vehicon yet, gotta wait for the repacks, but some people have been finding them at Walgreens.

Regeneration is starting up tomorrow and I am pumped. Marvel G1 is my G1.

The Hub is now showing Transformers Animated at 5:30 pm EST. If you get the Hub in HD, they are showing it for the first time in its original widescreen aspect ratio; it looks awesome.

That should be enough to get the thread going :lol:

Forgot to mention FansProject started selling unique figures from their own website and have big plans for the future.

[quote name='animalspinners']The Hub is now showing Transformers Animated at 5:30 pm EST. If you get the Hub in HD, they are showing it for the first time in its original widescreen aspect ratio; it looks awesome[/QUOTE]

Knew that was starting, but thought it was next week. Gonna have to set the DVR. Unfortunately, I don't get the Hub in HD.

From the pictures I saw from Botcon, the MP Prime they showed coming to North America later this year didn't have clipped smoke stacks. Was that just for the display ones at the convention, or was it confirmed the retail release will also have full stacks? Not going to hold my breath on something like MP Megatron coming to the states, but it would be nice if toy safety standards were relaxed for things intended for the adult collector market.

[quote name='animalspinners']Also, most of the people on this thread sadly aren't into third party toys (due to cost), which is where all the real action is in Transformers these days, at least imo, so I spend a lot of time at TFW.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, CHEAPassgamer... though 3rd party stuff just keeps knocking it out of the park, so it's only a matter of time before I take the plunge. Giant/Hercules almost had me, as I love gestalts to the point of hunting down knock-offs from the Brave series just to get more.

[quote name='animalspinners']Amazon is getting an exclusive FOC G2 Bruticus, Jetwing Prime and Year of the Dragon Prime. Preordered the first two out of three, skipping the Dragon Prime.[/QUOTE]

Pissed I missed the preorder for G2 Bruticus. Love the colors (G2 was my first version of Bruticus other than 3 random G1 Vortex's I had picked up at various garage sales...). Now I'm trying to decide if I should hope it comes back in stock, or pony up the (overpriced) cash for the SDCC version.

Speaking of SDCC, anyone have any idea when HBTS usually puts up their stuff? I really really need that Prime Cliffjumper, and potentially the Bruticus set.

[quote name='animalspinners']Amazon is getting an exclusive FOC G2 Bruticus, Jetwing Prime and Year of the Dragon Prime. Preordered the first two out of three, skipping the Dragon Prime..[/QUOTE]

Were these direct from Amazon? How much were they all going for?

[quote name='Zmonkay']

Speaking of SDCC, anyone have any idea when HBTS usually puts up their stuff? I really really need that Prime Cliffjumper, and potentially the Bruticus set.[/QUOTE]

From what I read it should be after Comic-Con concludes, so either the weekend or Monday. IIRC last year they went on sale on Monday morning around 7am PT after SDCC.

Amazon has g2 bruticus back in stock - get it now!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-A1051-G2-Bruticus/dp/B007MCNI30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342059000&sr=8-1&keywords=Bruticus

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From what I read it should be after Comic-Con concludes, so either the weekend or Monday. IIRC last year they went on sale on Monday morning around 7am PT after SDCC.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Yeah, I kinda remembered them going up the Monday after Comic-Con as well.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Amazon has g2 bruticus back in stock - get it now!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...=UTF8&qid=1342059000&sr=8-1&keywords=Bruticus[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! 60 bucks for 5 deluxes is sadly a steal at this point. Plus all I need from HBTS is Cliffjumper, not the $100 Bruticus.

Was tempted to order Knock Out, Arachnid, and Legion Commander class Ultra Magnus as well, but the former were 17.99 each, and the later was 14.99. Still holding out that my local Walmart will get them in (seeing as how those are pretty much TRU prices, and many Targets have raised their prices to match...)

[quote name='animalspinners']Forgot to mention FansProject started selling unique figures from their own website and have big plans for the future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I totally ordered that. I'm not wild about the vehicle mode, but I'm a sucker for head/target/whatever masters and I really want to support them doing their own things. Plus, FansProject is always highest quality and (for third party) reasonably priced if you get in early.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hahaha, CHEAPassgamer... though 3rd party stuff just keeps knocking it out of the park, so it's only a matter of time before I take the plunge. Giant/Hercules almost had me, as I love gestalts[/quote]

It's funny. I don't regret any of my third party purchases. Even Hercules. I don't think it's worth $600 -- what, short of a gold plated Transformer would be? -- but I don't regret the purchase.

I do regret a good amount of what I bought for DotM, and while I'm generally happy with Prime, there's been nothing here since Wave 1. I'm really kind of bummed at Hasbro's cost and corner cutting. It seems like they're in a competition as to how small they can make them and how little paint they can apply. I'm even kind of souring on Cyberverse, which was so nifty with Blackout and Powerglide and Hatchet. It's not like the Prime ones are bad, but they're not quite as magic and they feel smaller.

Look at FoC Jazz. It looks like a KO. And when someone said it was barely bigger than Windcharger I thought they were exaggerating. Until I saw this:
20120706_142830.jpg

Now, I can kind of see if plastic is more expensive. But is paint suddenly more expensive than printer ink too? I'm getting ready to move, so I've been packing my troops. I got to the much maligned Beast Machines and some of them are gorgeous -- pearlescent plastic, lots of paint details. Not all of them are beautiful, but none of them look unfinished.

And the corners are being cut everywhere. Lots of people are reporting MP Rodimus' arms fall off. To me, it looks like a design flaw where the pin that supports the arm is too short and the plastic around it is too cheap to stand the stress. Eventually it just shears in a way that's not fixable. I'm putting mine back in the box and leaving it there. That's not necessarily enough -- there have been cases where people have unboxed a gimpy Roddy -- but I figure better than nothing and whatever support I can give the shoulders can do nothing but help.

So, they're shrinking. They're not as pretty. The plastic is cheaper. We get that rubbery crap more often. Everything is being cut except the price, which is going up. If it wasn't for amazing figures like PRiD Wheeljack, I'd be really worried.

It's getting so that third party is almost a better idea now. It keeps its value, more or less. It's almost to the point where you can just hold off on a few Hasbro figures and put that toward a third party one instead. I've been downsizing a little bit in anticipation of the move, and anything recent you practically have to give away.

I'm hoping Bruticus is good. I'm a little worried about it, especially since I only see it in that one pose. It makes me wonder if there are weight or stability issues, or Hasbro's photography has once again concealed some significant issues.

Holy shit! All the FOC stuff looked tiny as balls, but I hadn't seen that comparison pic! Sigh, the obsessive collector in me says I need them, but I just know I'll be disappointed in almost all of them...

In SDCC news:
More excited for the G2 Bruticus box than the figs themselves. That box is gorgeous!

Also really looking forward to FOC Grimlock, all the data discs (though shocked that 3/4 voyagers are Soundwave and repaints of him...), and Thundercracker (Uses MP-11 mold! Yay! I buy for molds, so while many are upset he won't match Screamer and Skywarp, I'm ecstatic!)

Asian exclusive classics coming to TRU: Don't really care. Bring me the Asian exclusive DotM figs, those are new molds...

FE figs coming in fall: I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm very hopeful! Got my FE Entertainment pack (deluxe Prime and Megatron) from BBTS last week, and they are fantastic. If anything the rest of the FE figs will just depress me for what could have been...

Wreckers: Meh. Cool idea, but really, that's already 4 repaints for Bruticus (regular, SDCC, G2, and now Wreckers)...

I'm also excited that Thundercracker is the MP-11 mold. I don't care if it doesn't match up exactly size-wise -- I'm much more interested in being able to experience the new mold without having to unload the kind of cash the import goes for.

The G2 Bruticus box is great. The figure is concerning me more. It looks more like PCC than ever, and it's still in that one pose. Lowering expectations.

The Asian exclusives are disappointing because they're all recolors of toys that we've seen sometimes twice already. I might pick up Wheelie for giggles.
The others, I already typically have two of the mold and I have no intention of getting a third.

I really like Grimlock and Soundwave and Blaster. Now there's one where it's a recolor, but they're both great enough that I don't mind. Probably won't be getting Soundblaster, though.

Liked both Prime and FoC Ultra Magnus. Not in love with the Cybertronian vehicle, but the figure looks great. Glad to see him getting some love that's more than an Optimus repaint.

Gettin ready for annoying ass Monday.......

HTS 10% off coupon: COMIC2012
Code expires 07/31/12 @ 11:59 ET

Try putting an exlcusive in your cart and COMIC2012 doesn't work. Try any other item and it works. Looks like they are making sure we don't get this deal. Also small print on free shipping at $50 says it doesn't work on exclusives.....think we are screwed. I def got a % off and free shipping last year...

Thanks for the coupon code! Here's to hoping it works, haha.

I'm wondering if Terrorcon Cliff is even worth it (despite the cool packaging) seeing as how he's supposedly being released in the fall with the other FE figs. (Got me a G2 Bruticus through Amazon so HBTS can shove that $100 price tag right up their ass)

Son of a gun--yeah, the NYC 2-pack definitely doesn't work with the code. God, pink Arcee looks GREAT! Might be the first time I pick up two--one for opening, the other just to leave as a diorama.
So what other exclusives other than Terrorcon Cliff is there? Just that and the 2-pack?

Also I missed out on that last MP Prime, so i'll be damned if I miss this one.

Finally, I really don't know what people are complaining about with the FoC 'bots--Jazz is pretty sizeable and his paint scheme looks great standing on my shelf. Prime, yeah, it is what it is--I don't need him anyways since I have the first incarnation of that one, no biggie.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pink Arcee/Bumblebee pack was last year IIRC. This year is custom colored Bruticus, Terrorcon Cliffjumper, and Shockwave/Gi Joe crossover.[/QUOTE]

I believe the two pack was a NY comic con, not SDCC, release. Deluxe Prime, er, Prime with the Matrix packaging, GIJoe jet painted like Starscream, and I think one other thing were last year's SDCC stuff.

And for those curious, the crossover this year is a HISS tank painted to look like Shockwave (when will we get a TRUE crossover with transforming Joe vehicles dammit!?)

[quote name='Watchman']Also I missed out on that last MP Prime, so i'll be damned if I miss this one.

Prime, yeah, it is what it is--I don't need him anyways since I have the first incarnation of that one, no biggie.[/QUOTE]

Really hope new MP Prime and Thundercracker will be as easy to find as Grimlock, Rodimus, and Skywarp were for me. Starscream - never seen in stores once, had to resort to an ebay scalper. The rest were practically shelf warmers for a short while (especially Skywarp, which got a few pricecuts IIRC)

And FoC Prime will have to fight it out with Energon Prime for the title of "true" Fatimus Prime! :bouncy:

[quote name='Zmonkay']I believe the two pack was a NY comic con, not SDCC, release. Deluxe Prime, er, Prime with the Matrix packaging, GIJoe jet painted like Starscream, and I think one other thing were last year's SDCC stuff. Hopefully they'll be easier to acquire.)[/QUOTE]

Fine by me--I figured it had to be NYCC since y'know, background and all (seemed inappropriate for a West Coast con.) I'll stick with last year's Generations T'Cracker--he was my first TF ever as a kid, and transforms even better than his original form (while still retaining an identical look). This MP version has awkard looking feet and his ailerons on them don't even retract! (Both the original and last year's folded in at least one direction to stay out of sight via head-on or just folded back altogether, respectively).
According to SDCC 2012 coverage on Seibertron.com, Prime Masterpiece is basically the exact same one from a few years ago, with a few minor changes.

[quote name='Zmonkay']

And for those curious, the crossover this year is a HISS tank painted to look like Shockwave (when will we get a TRUE crossover with transforming Joe vehicles dammit!?)[/QUOTE]

Even worse, according to the box Shockwave doesn't even transform.

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Really hope new MP Prime and Thundercracker will be as easy to find as Grimlock, Rodimus, and Skywarp were for me. Starscream - never seen in stores once, had to resort to an ebay scalper. The rest were practically shelf warmers for a short while (especially Skywarp, which got a few pricecuts IIRC)

And FoC Prime will have to fight it out with Energon Prime for the title of "true" Fatimus Prime! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to find a Shockwave--given though that my local TRU had a full arm of Ops and Jazz's I can assume that either there were no Shocks altogether in that shipment or (dreadfully) he's shortpacked. Still, odds are better since there's only the three figures thus far.

That MP Prime is a completely new mold than the one that came out in, what was it, like 2003 (MP01)? But yeah, it's the same the launched in Japan a year or two ago. Absolutely shocked we're getting it with the trailor, I figured if it ever came here they'd lose that to cut costs (See MP Rodimus :( )

Also, anyone know why they never brought over Alternaty stuff? I assume licensing issues or die cast parts that couldn't be swapped for plastic or something?

[quote name='Zmonkay']That MP Prime is a completely new mold than the one that came out in, what was it, like 2003 (MP01)? But yeah, it's the same the launched in Japan a year or two ago. Absolutely shocked we're getting it with the trailor, I figured if it ever came here they'd lose that to cut costs (See MP Rodimus :( )

Also, anyone know why they never brought over Alternaty stuff? I assume licensing issues or die cast parts that couldn't be swapped for plastic or something?[/QUOTE]
2006 actually. :lol:
All I know is it transforms a lot cleaner than the original, and I will step on your grandmother's neck to get one. I blew the chance to pick one up six years ago. That will not happen again.

As for Alternity, I was always under the impression it was both a licensing issue and that they didn't meet sales expectations (but when you have Ravage as a car and a cat head on the two-legged, two-armed 'bot, well, gee, I wonder).

Anyone have any idea when the exclusives hit the HTS? I'm talking a window of hours here, not day--us West Coast dopes always seem to get the shaft because online sales start on Eastern time and we're not even awake yet.

Hell yeah it's getting hit. It's taking about 4x longer to load any page. I already threw my NYCC exclusive in my cart just to get it out of the way. I have the exclusives and "new to store" pages open as the most likely spots to pop up.

Still, I guess that old adage "a watched pot never boils" applies to updated websites too.

Are you sure that the exclusives hit the sites today or maybe next week ? I think I got it a week after SDCC. Granted the site is loading slow.

bread's done
Back