10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I know everyone's excited about the con exclusives, but in the meantime I found some decent deals on the Kreo sets at some of the area* Target stores. I picked up a Megatron set for $14. I've seen some of the smaller sets on clearance too, but nothing I'm that interested in. I'm keeping my eye on the Optimus and Starscream sets though. Maybe they'll drop again Thursday and I can get a deal similar to the Megatron price.

*area = Culver City, CA

[quote name='demonchylde']I know everyone's excited about the con exclusives, but in the meantime I found some decent deals on the Kreo sets at some of the area* Target stores. I picked up a Megatron set for $14. I've seen some of the smaller sets on clearance too, but nothing I'm that interested in. I'm keeping my eye on the Optimus and Starscream sets though. Maybe they'll drop again Thursday and I can get a deal similar to the Megatron price.

*area = Culver City, CA[/QUOTE]

If you can't find any, I'll keep an eye out since we're in the same neck of the woods. I wouldn't mind a Prime for that price.

How is the Kreo Megatron?

I bit on the Optimus at half off (25) mainly because I've only seen him in Target that one time since they've gone on clearance. The best part about the sets are the minifigs, and they stick you with two useless "human" ones. I made the robot form last night, and I have to say that the color choices in the instructions make it very easy to use the wrong piece (there's black, dark blue, dark grey, and light grey pieces and the colors on the instructions in no way match the color of the pieces, which are sometimes hard to tell apart). Also, despite building the robot plus a base with a bunch of leftover flat pieces, there are STILL a ton of pieces left over. I don't know when I'll have the time to break it all apart to try truck mode, or even how I'm going to pry apart all of the flat pieces linked top to bottom.

But my main complaint: when you just take a quick glance at the box, it looks like robot mode has a gun. It's actually a missile shooting out from his extended arm, but while he has missile/shortstacks on his back, there's no launcher or anything. All those leftover pieces and they couldn't make some kind of weapon???

I can't believe people paid 40 to 50 for this. And if you really wanted an optimus minifig, I saw a newer set out that has both Optimus and Megatron together, plus some new smaller sets with Cliffjumper. Of course, like the Lego superheroes line I wish they would just sell the figures separately.

[quote name='fujishig']How is the Kreo Megatron?[/quote]

It's decent. I'd say its initially disappointing, then it grows on you. I built the robot, not the truck. The robot is surprisingly tall. It could be a little more stable and it could do a better job of actually looking like it transformed from the vehicle. But not bad.

[quote name='fujishig']Of course, like the Lego superheroes line I wish they would just sell the figures separately.[/QUOTE]

They will be. And while they're going to be blind bagged, they're also going to have id numbers on them, so total win.

And they're also doing these, which are so bought.

The best part about the sets are the minifigs, and they stick you with two useless "human" ones.

I do have to say with the above they seem to be learning their lesson here. They know the minifigs are money and they're delivering. The rest of Hasbro may still be using monkeys with dartboards, but the Kre-O people seem to get it.

SDCC figures came and went in about a three to ten minute window.

Cliffjumper is still available though.

Got everything I wanted, which is everything except the Helicarrier and Jem (which was the first to sell out!)

Goddamnit! I was there waiting Monday morning, nothing. I even checked yesterday a few times. Then some random middle-of -the-week release and right past me.
All I want is Cliffjumper! (I can't afford Bruticius--but big deal--I have his original G1 team.)

Well, crap. I was there on Monday, and I've been checking back in periodically only to miss it completely.

On the other hand, I just saved 99.99. G2 Bruticus for me. I've already got paint if I need it.

[quote name='Novasprite']FOC shockwave is in stock at toys r us.com for shipping plus second one is 50% off!![/QUOTE]

Well that's just dandy. Anyone lucky enough to have gotten in on getting one would have been a damn fool not to pick up a second one; which means they sold out twice as fast.

Bra-vo TRU. Bra-vo.

Awww man. I was checking all day yesterday and Monday for Cliffjumper. Ah well, he's supposedly getting released this Fall, so no point paying 30 (after tax and shipping) for a ~12.00 figure.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Awww man. I was checking all day yesterday and Monday for Cliffjumper. Ah well, he's supposedly getting released this Fall, so no point paying 30 (after tax and shipping) for a ~12.00 figure.[/QUOTE]

But isn't this one based off the first edition model mold and not that cheap-ass looking one I passed on currently on shelves?

[quote name='Watchman']But isn't this one based off the first edition model mold and not that cheap-ass looking one I passed on currently on shelves?[/QUOTE]

TRU is getting the First Edition Terrorcon Cliffjumper in October. It's the same figure as the SDCC version.

The only difference between the SDCC version and the Terrorcon Cliffjumper TRU is getting is that the SDCC version has unique packaging and a Dark Energon accessory.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hellcarrier shows in stock. I wanted Shockwave :/[/QUOTE]

No lie, Shockwave sold out in about three minutes.

Jem sold out almost instantly, Shockwave went in three minutes, the G.I Joe figures went in four, then the Marvel Legends set a few minutes after, Bruticus, Marvel Universe and then after about 20 minutes Derpy Hooves sold out. It took an hour or two for Cliffjumper and the Star Wars sets to go.

I think the reason why everything sold out so fast is there were no server issues this year; HTS never crashed or gave the white screen of death.

[quote name='fujishig']How is the Kreo Megatron?[/QUOTE]

I agree with blandstalker, the robot model was exceedingly complex and yes, the instructions and plastic colors made it difficult at times to determine which pieces to use, and his tall thin legs make him rather precarious. But the thing I find most odd is the choice to put a G1-ish head on a DOTM-ish body. Also there are steps missing from the instruction book, such as attaching the doors to his biceps. maybe they fixed that in later shipments, my Megatron box was beat-the-hell-up and had likely been sitting there since the initial release.

I read someone's review of the Optimus model saying that stickers went in different places on the robot than the alt mode. I hope to find out soon if that's true, but that is certainly not the case with Megs.

The last thing I'll say is that I mostly bought this for two reasons: A) the minifigs and 2) the price per brick ratio versus a lego product. If you can find him for around $14 like I did, I'd say it's a worthy purchase.

And finally, I now lust after the combiner minifigs from the link in blandstalker's post. :drool:

I kind of dig that packaging--I'd get two--one to keep inside and the other to add to my battle currently taking place in front of my HDTV. (My girlfriend groans every time a new one shows up. #-o)

Meanwhile, official Thundertron pics are up. I like him! I really don't go for Beastformers, but dig that new allegiance symbol! And the alt mode's pretty keen looking too--plus peg leg!
To me, this is just Alpha Trion re-imagined--and he'd look great on the shelf.

CLIFFJUMPER'S UP FOR SALE AGAIN NOON PST! GO GO GO! (Snagged one. :D) Remember--you can only get one per address--they'll cancel the order if you order two. Get your neighbor to pick one up.

Incidentally, does anyone have this thread subscription set to instant email notification upon new postings? I just changed mine over to it so in case things like this pop up, I'll hear about it a hell of a lot faster via my phone. Hopefully I can do the same for my gang here. ;)

man, Cliffy's been back available for a long time. Weird. Of course Brut was long gone when I logged back on this AM. Hopefully some comes in tomorrow AM.

[quote name='jbz']man, Cliffy's been back available for a long time. Weird. Of course Brut was long gone when I logged back on this AM. Hopefully some comes in tomorrow AM.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that--either they have an abundance of him or he's just not selling as well as he should. If it's the latter, frankly I'm a tad insulted our collecting line of choice is last-picked. (I mean Jem selling out first at $130? That's outrageous--truly.)

So I was checking out Target price drops on clearance toys and wandered over to the Transformers aisle yesterday. They had added almost three more pegs of Prime Bumblebee in the last three days (yes I go to Target far too often). I became rather disgusted with the whole situation for just long enough to seriously consider stopping collecting for a while.

Then my whore-ish nature kicked back in and I somehow reasoned with myself that ~$4 each for these BotShot things made more sense than trying to find those one or two elusive short-packed ~$15 figures. I have to say, even though I felt a little dirty buying more transformers stuff anyway (not quite as dirty as I feel when paying to see a Star Wars film), these BotShots are actually kind neat.

The figures are clever, the game is simple, but the toys don't have to be used just for the game. As my 4 year old was quick to show me, they work just fine as little Transformers action figures. :)

That Cliffjumper on HTS is going to be sold at retail (minus the fancy packaging and accessory) at TRU, right? I assume that's why he lasts longer. Of course, I thought the Prime exclusive last year (taxi Bee and pink Arcee, with kids) was pretty cool and that's still hanging around a year later, so who knows?

I, too, frustrated by the lack of new transformers to buy, jumped into botshots a month or so ago. But they're too similar to each other, and the "game" aspect of it means that all have this ugly square in the middle of their chest. Also, some of mine seem to be really loose. Plus you'd think the Optimus trailer set would be really cool, but it barely works.

Also out of desperation, I picked up some clearanced Bakugan, of all things, and those little toys are actually pretty cool, with interesting and varying transformations into a ball shape. I like them better than botshots.

Yeah one of my kids' friends has a giant Bakugan collection but doesn't play the game. These BotShots totally reminded me of Bakugan except that the BotShots almost always pop open to a standing position. I've only got a small set of them so far but I like them.

I started with, what else, the starter set with Megs, Optimus, Brawl, and Bee. I added Ratchet and Mirage. The set comes with the trailers/launchers for Megs and Optimus. I found the launchers to be a bit twitchy too, but mostly functional. Overall I think the build quality on the BotShots is slightly above what I've seen of the Bakugan toys.

[quote name='Thomas96']Is there a difference between the amazon bruticus and the bbts bruticus? The difference in price is astounding.[/QUOTE]

One is game accurate colors, the other is G2 colors.

One is an Amazon exclusive, so they can get away with charging under retail (5 deluxes, $14.99 a piece, should be $75 but Amazon is only doing $60) and the other is an SDCC exclusive where you take the average retail price and add a $10 - $25 SDCC tax because its exclusive.

Has anyone seen those new large scale prime and bee figs (forget what stupid name they are called). The ones with the pop-out weapons? Just wondering if they're worth hunting for, as supposedly they're popping up randomly in stores.

Also on the hunt for the new "blind bagged" (even though they have numbers on them so you know what you are getting) Kreons. Those things be off the hook yo!

I got the Fall of Cybertron toys at Target today by asking a guy to look up the dcpi for them and he said he has them and will go get them for me. Who ever posted the # thanks. My son will be able to get them for his b-day in 10 days. Too bad they were $14.99. I went to TRU and they were also 14.99 but they did not have shockwave.

[quote name='mickeyp']I got the Fall of Cybertron toys at Target today by asking a guy to look up the dcpi for them and he said he has them and will go get them for me. Who ever posted the # thanks. My son will be able to get them for his b-day in 10 days. Too bad they were $14.99. I went to TRU and they were also 14.99 but they did not have shockwave.[/QUOTE]

The fall of cybertron toys are out now?

saw FoC optimus and jazz today at the local toysrus but decided not to pick them up. the $15 price tag and the fact that theyre even smaller than the DotM deluxes really put me off of buying them. hope for a sale on these at some point. maybe release week of the game.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Has anyone seen those new large scale prime and bee figs (forget what stupid name they are called). The ones with the pop-out weapons? Just wondering if they're worth hunting for, as supposedly they're popping up randomly in stores.[/QUOTE]

"Weaponizer"

Every time I see the name, I think of Britney Spear's "Womanizer" (and I'm not even a fan!) and I start humming "You, you, you are, Weaponizer, Weaponizer, Weaponizer"

I'm sort of interested in them. I'm glad to see a return to the Ultra class size and pricepoint. I wish they were different characters, though, and I'm not really wild about the gimmicks driving the design decisions. I have little enthusiasm left for Optimus and none at all for Bumblebee.

This review of Bumblebee is amusing in that there's a review that's 12.5 minutes, followed by a 17 minute review on how to fix all the figure's problems. They're not major (and they are fixable), but I'm still amazed how cheap the toy looks. It looks to be HA size or a little bigger, but cheaped out -- very toy-like colors, minimal paint, no side windows, unpainted wheel rims and ugly yellow clips for hubcaps. Better than PRiD Bumblebee, but what isn't?

Optimus Prime looks better to me, at least from the front. From the back it's a mess and it looks terrible -- visible hands, chest and feet kibble, and ugly. Also, while it looks good head on, again no painted hubcaps. Robot mode looks great from the front, but a huge backpack. The gimmick is at once goofy and yet kind of nifty.

On the one hand, I kind of like the idea to do Stealth Mode without making non-transforming toys to accomplish this. On the other, the toys are suffering from Hasbro's cost-cutting and Optimus at least was compromised by the gimmick. I almost wish they had charged the extra ten bucks for paint and finishing off Optimus' backside.

My verdict for now will be to get them on sale. They'd probably go well in an Alternators/HA display and they look to have some fun factor. But I don't have the need to chase either one of them down. Since they are Optimus and Bumblebee, I imagine they'll be overstocked just about everywhere, so again no rush.

I think in the US the Weaponizers have only hit at K-Mart. I picked up Optimus Prime about a week and a half ago there but haven't gotten a chance to open him yet. I was in the mood for some larger figures and figured I'd support what Hasbro is doing in the hopes we'll get more as they are reluctant to do anything over a Voyager size these days.

And yea, to whoever asked FOC figures have been out at TRU for a few weeks and are in a lot of Target's stockrooms. My Target finally got them in on Friday's truck and I had them pulled Saturday with the DPCI. Got Shockwave and Jazz... Optimus can wait for BBTS to put him on clearance.

Didn't open Jazz but Shockwave is absolutely worth the $15. He is an excellent figure all around. Fits into Classics perfectly in terms of robot mode. This is one of the few must-buys Hasbro has put out in a long time.

Speaking of Kre-Os, every retail chain has them on clearance. I went from only having Megatron to having almost all of last year's figures in a week, lol (just missing Ratchet and Bumblebee!) Just got Sideswipe for $9.98 at Target and someone from TFW is selling me the Optimus Prime he found at Wal-Mart for $15. Just need Bumblebee and Ratchet and I think I'll just grab em off Amazon.

I also started buying Bot Shots for the hell of it while I was hunting and in about two weeks managed to grab every one from the single pack Wave 1 through 3, including the chase figures. They aren't bad for their cost and I like the designs.

Just waiting for my friend's order of Asian Retail deluxes to come in; they got held up in customs. Getting each Deluxe for $20 which to me is a great deal because now I can avoid TRU altogether for these. Wish it was that easy to get MP Thundercracker.

[quote name='animalspinners']One is game accurate colors, the other is G2 colors.

One is an Amazon exclusive, so they can get away with charging under retail (5 deluxes, $14.99 a piece, should be $75 but Amazon is only doing $60) and the other is an SDCC exclusive where you take the average retail price and add a $10 - $25 SDCC tax because its exclusive.[/QUOTE]

But he was asking about the Amazon one and the BigBadToyStore one. Because it's a shared exclusive of Bruticus in G2 colors, I don't think there's any difference at all, BBTS is probably just counting on Amazon to run out. As such, I don't see any reason not to preorder from Amazon if they're still available.

I've seen the Weaponizer BB and Optimus only once, and it was at a Walmart, so they're out at WM too.

I still don't get the appeal of the Kreons (besides the minifigs). Like I said before I built Optimus in robot mode and the base, and I don't think I have it in me to disassemble it to create the truck. The least they could have done would be to break up the figure into larger pieces so it's easier to go from one mode to another. I think the best thing about it is the robot head (thankfully G1 and not movie) so that you can go and make a better looking robot mode out of Legos (or Kreons) and stick the head on there.

I saw new Kre-O sets alongside the clearance ones at Target this weekend. The new sets sport a Stealth Mode Bumblebee and a two-fer with Optimus and Megs. The new sets appear to be part of a build-a-weapon series where you get a piece of a new Energon weapon in each set that you can eventually build a big-ass weapon out of.

The scale and detail level of the new bots seem to be somewhere in between the larger and smaller sets that are currently on clearance. The new Megatron has a cybertronian tank alt-mode and is mostly black (so yay!), but the $40 price tag is still too high, even when getting Optimus and Megs together in one box. Definitely too high for Bee versus a bunch of squishy organics. Oh and the new Energon bits may have a light-up feature; it's honestly hard to tell from the packaging.

ALSO: Amazon is apparently participating in the Kre-O clearance. They don't have many left, but the prices are about the same as what I'm seeing at Target clearance.

I don't think the parts light up. The funny thing is the disclaimer on the boxes about the toys being in a fantasy setting, weapons do not fire or something to that effect.

Amazon clearance eh? I've seen all the original Kreos on clearance at Target and Toys R Us at this point. I got Megs last year for $9.xx at Target, Optimus IIRC was $15.xx, and some of the smaller and medium ones were $5 and $8 ish.

I love me some Kreon. Really wondering where I'm gonna find these blind bagged Kreons though, as none of the stores near me even HAVE any Kreon stuff.

Also definitely waiting on a sale for the handful of sets I want from this round (Devistator, Prime and Megs, and possibly Vortex). With the price drops the last batch hit I ended up buying them all, but not before I'd bought a few full price. Also generally disappointed in this wave. Too much "human" stuff and the bot modes look much worse imho.

I was able to find a shockwave!!!!! At TRU! I was tempted to pick up jazz and prime but I left them there. All I need now is bruticus, and masterpiece prime. I know there's a master piece thundercracker coming out but I don't know if I'm that excited about it. I have MP skyward, but knowing that I won't be able to get a MP starscream make me say fuck it.

[quote name='Thomas96']I was able to find a shockwave!!!!! At TRU! I was tempted to pick up jazz and prime but I left them there. All I need now is bruticus, and masterpiece prime. I know there's a master piece thundercracker coming out but I don't know if I'm that excited about it. I have MP skyward, but knowing that I won't be able to get a MP starscream make me say fuck it.[/QUOTE]

I want both the MP Prime and Thundercracker. I regret passing on the MP Skywarp that was at Wal-mart a few years back.

I don't know if you guys know, but MP Thundercracker is the new MP seeker mold, not the one previously used with Skywarp and Starscream when they were released over here awhile ago.

The new Starscream MP mold, MP-11, is still relatively easy to find (but expensive because you gotta import it) and it's only a matter of time before Takara does Skywarp, so don't let not having the older figures stop you from getting Thundercracker. Personally, I think the new mold looks much, much better than the old one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro eventually brings out Starscream over here anyways. Would make for a nice Amazon or BBTS exclusive next year while TRU would probably get Sideswipe and Soundwave.

The only reason I think they went with Thundercracker over Starscream is because they know a lot of fans imported Starscream already while this is the first time we've gotten Thundercracker in the new mold.

[quote name='animalspinners']I don't know if you guys know, but MP Thundercracker is the new MP seeker mold, not the one previously used with Skywarp and Starscream when they were released over here awhile ago.

The new Starscream MP mold, MP-11, is still relatively easy to find (but expensive because you gotta import it) and it's only a matter of time before Takara does Skywarp, so don't let not having the older figures stop you from getting Thundercracker. Personally, I think the new mold looks much, much better than the old one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro eventually brings out Starscream over here anyways. Would make for a nice Amazon or BBTS exclusive next year while TRU would probably get Sideswipe and Soundwave.

The only reason I think they went with Thundercracker over Starscream is because they know a lot of fans imported Starscream already while this is the first time we've gotten Thundercracker in the new mold.[/QUOTE]

As far as i'm concerned they need to re-release all the seekers (Starscream, and Skywarp) in the new mold. I really hated those long hip panels that the seekers had on the previous mode. The figure was nice overall.

[quote name='animalspinners']I don't know if you guys know, but MP Thundercracker is the new MP seeker mold, not the one previously used with Skywarp and Starscream when they were released over here awhile ago.

The only reason I think they went with Thundercracker over Starscream is because they know a lot of fans imported Starscream already while this is the first time we've gotten Thundercracker in the new mold.[/QUOTE]
:drool:

[quote name='Thomas96']As far as i'm concerned they need to re-release all the seekers (Starscream, and Skywarp) in the new mold. I really hated those long hip panels that the seekers had on the previous mode. The figure was nice overall.[/QUOTE]

Well they already released Starscream in the new mold, just not in the US.

Skywarp will probably be a Takara exclusive because that's the pattern with him lately. With both DOTM and Prime he's been an exclusive.

I imagine its difficult to get MP figures out over here after Skywarp bombed so hard at Wal-Mart and Target probably has no interest in a high price collector's item. This is why I'm hoping BBTS or Amazon get a chance to host something like Starscream because I'd love to pay $70 or so for one instead of $150.

[quote name='demonchylde']Yeah, I'm hoping to find the large Optimus for less than $40. Not so far.[/QUOTE]

My local Wal-Mart had him for $30. You might want to check Wal-Marts.

I finally found a Vehicon! :D I also got the movie trilogy Optimus Prime with trailer for $10.50. I'm debating if I should open Optimus Prime, because he looks really great in packaging.

Finding Vehicon's on the pegs is always a good feeling. I was lucky enough to find 2. I swore I heard birds singing and music playing when it happened, lol

bread's done
Back