Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blandstalker']I agree.

My first thought was that they looked awful -- garish, silly, and crapped up. The whole thing of Prime so far has been elegance and design and now that's thrown out the window for Extreme Dino Robo. (And this, from the company who wanted to retire the Dinobots. Gah.)

My second thought is that the final products aren't going to look anything like that. They're barely painted now. They are not going to be airbrushed all pretty. The colors will be close but uglier and the paint will not pull off those effects at all. Between the extra plastic and the paint, I wouldn't be surprised if this marks an attempt to bump them up to Voyager price points.
[/QUOTE]

We're almost at Voyager prices now... K-Mart here is selling deluxes for $18 a piece, some Targets are doing $16.

And yea, look at Soundwave... blue and yellow? wtf? These designs scream of cutting corners and trying to pump out the same damn molds again with some spikes. Maybe kids will buy it now that it's EXTREME!

Wave 1 of Prime is STILL pegwarming here, even Soundwave now... re-releasing this wave with added spikes isn't going to sell. Not at all.

I'm not digging any part of Beast Hunters: the story, the toys, anything. What's worse is that they are shoving this garbage into Kre-O also. I was a big fan of Prime and the aesthetic but you're right, this is taking the sleekness and just making every character look like a Wrecker who is over-compensating.

I like how the other Voyager slot is a "?"... it's pretty obvious it'll be Optimus. After all, the brand would just implode if Optimus wasn't on the shelves 24/7 just like Bumblebee. I got a feeling this entire line will just be Prime V.2 with Hasbro retooling as many molds as they can with spikes. Also, all the spikes will probably be that horrible soft plastic like on Dreadwing, so half the transformer is going to be a soft plastic mush.

By the way, it was announced that the current wave of Deluxes, Kup and Rumble, is the last one the US is seeing before Beast Hunters unveils so... I assume the same is true of Voyagers after the Magnus wave. If you want Smokescreen or Breakdown, better hope for an EXTREME version or go pay import prices. Breakdown and Ironhide are fantastic, and I honestly can't believe Hasbro is just not going to release Ironhide here.

The good news is then all I need to do is pick up a few more Takara figures for Prime and then just ignore the retail stuff for a long time. No interest in Beast Hunters, no interest in Transformers 4 merchandise unless the new designs are seriously awesome in toy form.

Hasbro really blew their chance on the Prime line by not completing the cast so why should I assume they will do okay with the Beast Hunters line? At this point, I'll just go completely for Takara for figures I'm interested in as it's pretty much guaranteed they will make everybody (and then some.) We end with Kup and Rumble, Takara ends with Smokescreen, Thundercracker, Orion Pax, Ironhide, a new Vehicon, Rumble AND Frenzy.

Well just another line/subline that I'm not getting into. I haven't been into TF's since that last Thundercracker/Warparth wave of Generations. I wanted a Q and Soundwave from DotM but they blew that line. I like but am not a huge fan of the Prime show (same goes for the WFC/FOC game) so I don't want to jump into other lines. Since the Kreo line debuted I've picked up sets found at Target for 70% off but they've never been a priority or must haves. Nothing coming up or currently in stores interests me. (Yes I know how fantastic the new TC and Prime MP's are but I like the MP's and scales I currently have) I guess I am out until they start going back to G1 inspired Generations and reissues. Its been fun and frustrating but as someone who collected Star Wars for years that seems to be the Hasbro model. Oh well, more money to go towards Lego.

My TRU today had a bunch of the FE Prime deluxes on the pegs today, scored an FE Vehicon along with the only FE Prime/Megs 2-Pack. $30?! SOLD!
They also had a bunch of the Asian GDO scouts. I love Laserbeak, though personally I think Buzzsaw would have been a better choice for names (that poor, forgotten lonely bastard bird brother). Something very odd seeing LB standing upright with arms, no less.

SoCal seems to be devoid of MP-10's this week. Fortunately my store was also devoid of scalpers--we left quite a few of the FE's other than Vehicons on the pegs. Shame they didn't include ANY accessories with Terrorcon Cliffy. Doubly terrible they're packaged with the vacu-seal packaging rather than the re-openable boxes.

[quote name='howlinmad']Anyone who preordered Prime get theirs yet?[/QUOTE]

They should start shipping 10/15, from what I remember the invoice saying.

I had a local friend pick me up one last Thursday so I cancelled my online one so I can't double check.

Where do you guys get all your info/news about upcoming toys, wave details, etc? I'm fairly new to collecting, and I want to stay up on the details. I'd also like to get in on contributing some to this thread :lol:

I managed to win a complete G1 Ultra Magnus off of eBay for ~$20, and he's right now the pride of my collection, mostly because I've been on the hunt for one for a little over 10 years. With my recent interest in collecting and finding an auction ending at a decent price point, I couldn't pass it up.

TFW2005.

Well, before Chrome locked me out of it because the website emanates malware.

Now I just get my info from a local group of collectors until the website is stable again.

I thought this was just a dragon, like Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron, but turns out its Predaking!

predaking.jpg

theres nothing wrong with TFW, its someone screwing with the site for whatever reason. I use it every single day and my Norton doesnt detect anything wrong whatsoever

as for the Beast Hunters line, not sure if I wanna collect em or not. I do want Scourge pretty badly and the Bumblebee is a huge maybe. at this point though im probably gonna skip out on alot of em. not a big fan of the beastformer look. rather save that money hunting down stuff like the new MP Prime or Classics Hound

I saw those GDO at TRU the scout laserbeak, I was thinking about this one I may go back tomorrow and get it, but I see it is a remodel though we don't have any of that mold, is this a good one. I also saw swerve and cliffjumper in the generations package but we already have kup. I would buy wheelie if they had it. I saw and bought the entertainment pack eventhough we have optimus and megatron voyagers, they looked different and you get the 3 kids. Someone also gave me a $5 coupon when I was waiting on line- that was a nice lady. I also saw Thundercracker MP again.

Stupid TRU! Ship my Prime already! It said it would ship 10/15. I checked yesterday and it said something about waiting for the street date of like 9/29... wtf?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Stupid TRU! Ship my Prime already! It said it would ship 10/15. I checked yesterday and it said something about waiting for the street date of like 9/29... wtf?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. If it wasn't for the nearest TRU being 30 minutes out of the way I'd just pick one up myself.

Any of you guys know where I can get Encore Fort Max for a better price than BBTS? It's about $350.xx shipped there but I've never actually purchased a TF import before.

EDIT* Holy crap, after reading the last 2-3 pages, I never realized that TF lines had become such clusterfucks of repaints and... abominations.

[quote name='mickeyp']I saw those GDO at TRU the scout laserbeak, I was thinking about this one I may go back tomorrow and get it, but I see it is a remodel though we don't have any of that mold, is this a good one. [/quote]

I think so, yes. Worth picking up. Especially if you have a ROTF Mindwipe or RTS Strafe, since they work together. But on its own it's still pretty neat. Very cool vehicle, interesting robot mode. The only downside is the spring feet, but it's minor.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Yeah, same here. If it wasn't for the nearest TRU being 30 minutes out of the way I'd just pick one up myself.[/QUOTE]

Stopped by my local TRU yesterday. One Thundercracker left (been opened), one Entertainment Pack left, no MP Optimus, no GDO, no FE Deluxes.

So, as usual, no guarantees.

I can't help but compare this to my next stop -- the Lego store -- where they had the exclusive item I wanted, gave me a loyalty card that gets me $15 back on the next purchase, and has all their hard-to-find stuff in stock and even older sets in the back if you ask. So, TRU and Hasbro: I could tell you to fuck off, but instead I'll just point out that's a fair chunk of money that isn't coming to you anymore.

[quote name='Vinny']Any of you guys know where I can get Encore Fort Max for a better price than BBTS? It's about $350.xx shipped there but I've never actually purchased a TF import before. [/quote]

I'd look at TFSource and agesthreeandup, but they're going to be right around that cost -- the only differences might be shipping and/or tax. It's a hefty price tag, but it's a bargain compared to what they were going for before. If you want one, I'd preorder it somewhere. You can always shop around later. BBTS allows you to cancel with no penalty, although I'd doublecheck that they still allow it for this item.

[quote name='Vinny']Any of you guys know where I can get Encore Fort Max for a better price than BBTS? It's about $350.xx shipped there but I've never actually purchased a TF import before.

EDIT* Holy crap, after reading the last 2-3 pages, I never realized that TF lines had become such clusterfucks of repaints and... abominations.[/QUOTE]

TFSource will give you free shipping on that purchase.

[quote name='animalspinners']We're almost at Voyager prices now... K-Mart here is selling deluxes for $18 a piece, some Targets are doing $16.

And yea, look at Soundwave... blue and yellow? wtf? These designs scream of cutting corners and trying to pump out the same damn molds again with some spikes. Maybe kids will buy it now that it's EXTREME!

Wave 1 of Prime is STILL pegwarming here, even Soundwave now... re-releasing this wave with added spikes isn't going to sell. Not at all.

I'm not digging any part of Beast Hunters: the story, the toys, anything. What's worse is that they are shoving this garbage into Kre-O also. I was a big fan of Prime and the aesthetic but you're right, this is taking the sleekness and just making every character look like a Wrecker who is over-compensating.

I like how the other Voyager slot is a "?"... it's pretty obvious it'll be Optimus. After all, the brand would just implode if Optimus wasn't on the shelves 24/7 just like Bumblebee. I got a feeling this entire line will just be Prime V.2 with Hasbro retooling as many molds as they can with spikes. Also, all the spikes will probably be that horrible soft plastic like on Dreadwing, so half the transformer is going to be a soft plastic mush.

By the way, it was announced that the current wave of Deluxes, Kup and Rumble, is the last one the US is seeing before Beast Hunters unveils so... I assume the same is true of Voyagers after the Magnus wave. If you want Smokescreen or Breakdown, better hope for an EXTREME version or go pay import prices. Breakdown and Ironhide are fantastic, and I honestly can't believe Hasbro is just not going to release Ironhide here.

The good news is then all I need to do is pick up a few more Takara figures for Prime and then just ignore the retail stuff for a long time. No interest in Beast Hunters, no interest in Transformers 4 merchandise unless the new designs are seriously awesome in toy form.

Hasbro really blew their chance on the Prime line by not completing the cast so why should I assume they will do okay with the Beast Hunters line? At this point, I'll just go completely for Takara for figures I'm interested in as it's pretty much guaranteed they will make everybody (and then some.) We end with Kup and Rumble, Takara ends with Smokescreen, Thundercracker, Orion Pax, Ironhide, a new Vehicon, Rumble AND Frenzy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, this Beast hunter thing is dumb. But I'm glad, I can save money and blow it on 3rd party/MP stuff :D

For the last 3 days I've been trying to talk myself out of buying TFC Perseus. That thing is hot. $500+ though :cry:

Wow, I drove across town to check two different TRU locations and I got my hands on the last Masterpiece Prime at one location, on top of that, it was on sale for $69.99. Haven't got a chance to take it out of the box yet.

Checked my local TRU today. No MP Prime's. Instead they had 8 MP Thundercrackers! They had them in 3 separate spots due to lack of space. If anyone finds an extra MP Prime and wants a Thundercracker, I'd be willing to trade at cost with me paying the price difference.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Wow, I drove across town to check two different TRU locations and I got my hands on the last Masterpiece Prime at one location, on top of that, it was on sale for $69.99. Haven't got a chance to take it out of the box yet.[/QUOTE]

How did you get it at that price?

[quote name='GodlyOne']Wow, I drove across town to check two different TRU locations and I got my hands on the last Masterpiece Prime at one location, on top of that, it was on sale for $69.99. Haven't got a chance to take it out of the box yet.[/QUOTE]

wtf!

I'd pay $115 if I could find one (though they should only be $100 in my area), but $70 is insane. I'm just hoping I can find one before ebay/3rd-party is my only resort.

[quote name='jbz']TFSource will give you free shipping on that purchase.[/QUOTE]

I save about $2 there but I have to settle for a C9 box, whereas BBTS doesn't say anything but it'll probably be in a similar condition. BBTS's packing is awesome though so, I think I'll just keep it there.

Called a Toys R Us in Memphis today. Talked to someone there and he told me that MP Prime stays on the shelf for about 5 minutes when it comes in. Told him I preordered on the site and haven't had it ship yet.

He told me not to worry too much, usually online is about a week before our local brick and mortar but for some reason the site is about a week behind, if I preordered i was probably ok.

Now....usually I would take what a TRU employee tells me with a huge pile of salt (one asked me if I wanted 'Thunderplane') but this guy is cool, and is a collector himself. I take more on what he says. Either way, atleast felt a bit better after I talked to him.

Anyway, hope this helps someone a bit. Talked to this guy before and I think he knows what he's talking about when it comes to Transformers.

[quote name='blandstalker']I think so, yes. Worth picking up. Especially if you have a ROTF Mindwipe or RTS Strafe, since they work together. But on its own it's still pretty neat. Very cool vehicle, interesting robot mode. The only downside is the spring feet, but it's minor.

St[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder about Mindwipe I do have that one. I tried to buy laserbeak today and they tried to say it was $15 because it was a generations. I said it was not and it was scout size. I told manager to look into figuring out price. He said they had no number for it. So he is holding it for me and is trying to figure it out. Anyone know the correct number for them to put into register or what I should tell him?

[quote name='howlinmad']
He told me not to worry too much, usually online is about a week before our local brick and mortar but for some reason the site is about a week behind, if I preordered i was probably ok.
[/QUOTE]

WTF?! How did people order this on TRU's website? I've never seen a MP Optimus Prime listed on it.

[quote name='mickeyp']Thanks for the reminder about Mindwipe I do have that one. I tried to buy laserbeak today and they tried to say it was $15 because it was a generations. I said it was not and it was scout size. I told manager to look into figuring out price. He said they had no number for it. So he is holding it for me and is trying to figure it out. Anyone know the correct number for them to put into register or what I should tell him?[/QUOTE]

Bring the peg that it was hanging on to the guy. Double check that it's correct, since things are often in the wrong place. But the shelf tag should be on the end of the peg.

It looks like it's on TRU's website here.

If that page goes down, here's the info:

R Web#: 929425
SKU: 1E4B67DA
UPC/EAN/ISBN 653569781950
Manufacturer: 98568
Price: 9.99

Looks like all the GDO scouts are online, and so is Deluxe Swerve, but there are no pictures for any of them. Incompetent.

Still, the hijinks at the Transformers Club Store over the past few days make TRU look good in comparison. I can't believe I let those clowns have my credit card for Runabout/Runamuck.

[quote name='blandstalker']
Still, the hijinks at the Transformers Club Store over the past few days make TRU look good in comparison. I can't believe I let those clowns have my credit card for Runabout/Runamuck.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what happened now with them?

[quote name='blandstalker']Bring the peg that it was hanging on to the guy. Double check that it's correct, since things are often in the wrong place. But the shelf tag should be on the end of the peg.

It looks like it's on TRU's website here.

If that page goes down, here's the info:

R Web#: 929425
SKU: 1E4B67DA
UPC/EAN/ISBN 653569781950
Manufacturer: 98568
Price: 9.99

Looks like all the GDO scouts are online, and so is Deluxe Swerve, but there are no pictures for any of them. Incompetent.

Still, the hijinks at the Transformers Club Store over the past few days make TRU look good in comparison. I can't believe I let those clowns have my credit card for Runabout/Runamuck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much, I will go later and see how it goes. They did not have any tag out on shelf that was the problem. Should I get anything else while I am there? Are any of the other GDO worth getting, my son does not usually like remodels if he has them. But we don't have laserbeak mold and we do have mindwipe. How about the legends? I wish they had wheelie though. By the way TRU has a coupon on website for, 10%, 15%, or 20% off depending on how much you spend.

edit: I called them and they said it will be $10.99 but it is $9.99 on web. But they will adjust price with coupon that I used yesterday because they did not know price yesterday.
edit 2 : went to pick up laserbeak they matched TRU website which made it $9.99 and then I got 15% off with coupon because I bought other stuff as well. http://www.toysrus.com/graphics/media/trus/101012_RUs_viralcoupon.pdf

[quote name='ryosnk']How did you get it at that price?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, I took it to the register and the clerk rang it up as 69.99. Another person at the cash register mentioned "Wow, they were a hundred dollars last week".

[quote name='animalspinners']Wait, what happened now with them?[/QUOTE]

They were hyping a big clearance sale. First, you couldn't tell what was going to be on sale or not. Then the sale went live, but all the prices were wrong. Then they fixed that issue, and no one could check out. It took two days to sort out all the errors.

[quote name='blandstalker']They were hyping a big clearance sale. First, you couldn't tell what was going to be on sale or not. Then the sale went live, but all the prices were wrong. Then they fixed that issue, and no one could check out. It took two days to sort out all the errors.[/QUOTE]

Business as usual for that piece of shit club.

Two days is a record for them.

[quote name='animalspinners']Business as usual for that piece of shit club.

Two days is a record for them.[/QUOTE]

And it was too good to be true. Another email today about more problems and the sale being put on hold again. Their new, improved e-commerce system apparently can't handle 200 items (most of which are lame) on sale at once. I have no words -- just snarky little giggles.

Had errands that took me near a TRU I don't normally get out to. They had Thundercrackers, 1 First Edition Entertainment Pack, and nothing else. No GDO of any kind, no FE Deluxes, no Prime Deluxes but Bumblebee.

[quote name='blandstalker']And it was too good to be true. Another email today about more problems and the sale being put on hold again. Their new, improved e-commerce system apparently can't handle 200 items (most of which are lame) on sale at once. I have no words -- just snarky little giggles. [/quote]

This is why I just ordered the subscription figures I wanted through BBTS. Yea, it's more expensive that way, but guess who shoulders the majority of the responsibility here? BBTS. I'm not dealing with TFCC's constant screw-ups, BBTS is, and I will GLADLY pay a premium to know that they will handle all of this for me. I got in before the price of the figures went up too.

I love the figures they put out, but I hate everything else about the club.

Had errands that took me near a TRU I don't normally get out to. They had Thundercrackers, 1 First Edition Entertainment Pack, and nothing else. No GDO of any kind, no FE Deluxes, no Prime Deluxes but Bumblebee.

You probably saw but apparently we're getting the GDO Leader figures here too now for $44.99... the G1 colored Ironhide and Starscream. They are in Canada now but most likely coming here at some point.

I might pick up that Starscream, I really like the mold.

I got a feeling we're not going to see a lot of Prime Deluxe restocks because at this point, why would stores bother ordering more when Hasbro just unveiled Beast Hunters? They are just going to wait for that I think.

Funny to see Thundercracker just lounging on the shelves at plenty of TRUs though.

I keep seeing GDO. What does it stand for?

Do we know the street date for the deluxe and voyager Prime Ultra Magnus? I can't help but NEED both sizes of the fig.

If anyone is interested, I am selling both my prime and my thundercracker sealed in box for $175 plus cost of shipping. Times are tougher than I thought. :(

oh and if you are local, we can meet up and I can give it to you instead. (well, you still have to pay) ;)

I forgot to add.. why its $175... I paid for optimus $115.99+7% tax= 124.11 and thundercracker I am just lowballing at $50.

Edit:.. ok.. optimus sold. Thundercracker still available at $50

Damn, lucky son of a.... That's pretty sweet. What does the receipt say? Promo discount applied? If not, I have a feeling that they probably mislabeled the MP Prime with that of MP Thundercracker.

Had two deluxe vehicons at my local Target this evening. Really wanted to pick them up since they are one per case, but I am saving the money for Masterpiece Optimus Prime (and not sure I actually wanted the vehicons).

Picked up GDO Bluestreak, Hoist and Motorbreath tonight at TRU. The FE Prime / Megatron 2 pack was also there, but was $33 (this is the 10% markup TRU) and the box was pretty banged up. Hadn't really been paying attention, didn't realize Hasbro had gotten back the name Bluestreak after using Silverstreak for various releases the past decade.

Had visited my local TRU on Wednesday night, and both stores had removed the shelf tags for MP Prime. Hope that isn't an indicator of something. The local one did have 3 unopened MP Thundercracker cases sitting on the top shelf.

[quote name='Bloomy']Had visited my local TRU on Wednesday night, and both stores had removed the shelf tags for MP Prime. Hope that isn't an indicator of something. [/QUOTE]

I think all it means is they don't currently have any, and they have something else they can put in its space. The shelf tags are printed when they get something, and hang around until they get more or get something else to go there.

And, of course, some stores are better at updating their displays than others. One of them (fortunately the one furthest from me) could instruct glaciers on how to move slower.

[quote name='Serpentor']Damn, lucky son of a.... That's pretty sweet. What does the receipt say? Promo discount applied? If not, I have a feeling that they probably mislabeled the MP Prime with that of MP Thundercracker.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, looking back at the receipt, it says I recieved $30 in multi buy savings. Strange since the MP Optimus was the only thing I bought, the clerk must have effed up.
When I got it, I had driven across town to check my second TRU location, got my hands on the last Prime and was told that it was only 70 dollars. I'm not one to question anything at that point. :lol:

My local TRU must have had some GDO stuff in stock. My wife went on her lunch break (she works right by TRU, it's normally like a 25 min drive one way for me) to look for MP Prime but they didn't have it. She said they had Dreadwing (Transformers Prime Voyager) and some Japanese Megatron tank (she picked up both for me). I had to look up the Megatron, because I had no clue what she was talking about. Seems like it is kind of like Bainzatron and Bludgeon (which I never got either).

[quote name='pjb16']My local TRU must have had some GDO stuff in stock. My wife went on her lunch break (she works right by TRU, it's normally like a 25 min drive one way for me) to look for MP Prime but they didn't have it. She said they had Dreadwing (Transformers Prime Voyager) and some Japanese Megatron tank (she picked up both for me). I had to look up the Megatron, because I had no clue what she was talking about. Seems like it is kind of like Bainzatron and Bludgeon (which I never got either).[/QUOTE]

I hope she grabbed both.

I've seen Dreadwing twice -- the time I bought it, and one other time. It's one per case of shelfwarmers, which means it disappears instantly.

Banzaitron/Bludgeon is also a really good mold. I don't think I'll get Megatron because I have both of them (bought Bludgeon when it was the only one, wanted Banzaitron because I like the green much better than the orange). But it's worth owning, and it's both a good use of Megatron and a good redeco (if you like green).

I am working out of town again this week, and decided to stop at a TRU on my way to work (about two and a half hours from me normally) to see if they had an MP Prime. They did not, but they had the tag so I will probably stop by Thursday or Friday (whenever I go home) to see if they got it in on Wednesday.

They did have the GDO Voyager megatron (two of them) and a Powerdive. I was going to pass on the Powerdive (because i have Highbrow, though i like him) but I ended up finding (I think) all the deluxe GDO on an end cap. So I picked up Powerdive, Wheelie (only had one), Swerve, Springer, and Cliffjumper (not sure how it is different than the Prime version - I don't have it).

They did have a Prime First Edition set (with Megatron and Prime) that I passes on for now. They also had some blue backed prime figures (the card I mean) that I don't think I have seen before, but I only saw Arcee and Starscream because it was high on the shelf. I am not sure how they are different than the normal prime figures I have seen. If they are worthwhile, I may pick up a few when I go back (assuming they are still there).

Stopped by TRU in Glendale looking for MP Prime. No dice, but I did get MP Thundercraker! :D

Also noted that FE deluxes are back on pegs. Picked up that FE Starscream I missed the first time around.

[quote name='pjb16']ICliffjumper (not sure how it is different than the Prime version - I don't have it).[/QUOTE]

GDO Cliffjumper uses the FE Prime mold but has a new G1 inspired headsculpt

Gotta say, I love how I actually don't like any of the new Beast Hunters line (and I'm pretty much caught up on everything else at retail.)

It's allowed me to go back and finish off some other lines, like Robots in Disguise, the real RID. I'm consistently amazed at how these figures from 2001 blow away the stuff we're getting in 2012 in terms of size, transformation, plastic quality and even looks and personality.

Rail Racer looks awesome no matter how you set him up -- whether it's the combined form or the three separate robots as vehicles / robots... something Hasbro can't pull off in 2012 anymore, it seems.

And that RID Ultra Magnus is just as good as you can get.

The awesome part is pretty much everything from RID is super cheap too! You can get new figures for the same cost as buying something from retail.

I was starting to become disheartened by the quality of these new Transformers -- cheap plastic, a ton of hollow limbs, crappy repaint after repaint and remolds that just didn't make any sense, not to mention the need to have to import to get a complete onscreen cast (which I think is the first time Hasbro has ever dropped the ball here, no?). Going back into some of these older lines really reignited my love for the franchise.

To top it all off, I don't need to fight off scalpers and waste time / gas hunting for figures.

Hells yeah love me some (real) RID! Rail racer and to a lesser extent the build team are fantastic gestalts, the car brothers are uniformly brilliant and ultra Magnus is one of my fave figs ever especially combined with flame convoy. I actually splurged back in the day and imported at least half the line before Hasbro announced a domestic release. No regrets.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Hmmm, looking back at the receipt, it says I recieved $30 in multi buy savings. Strange since the MP Optimus was the only thing I bought, the clerk must have effed up.
When I got it, I had driven across town to check my second TRU location, got my hands on the last Prime and was told that it was only 70 dollars. I'm not one to question anything at that point. :lol:[/QUOTE]

What the fuck?!? And in LA, too. GD it, I gotta get these...

My local TRU had somewhere between 9 and 11 MP Thundercrackers on the shelf (really?!), but not a single tag even for MP Prime.

I am disappoint. :(

bread's done
Back