Transformers: War for Cybertron

sellis35

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Read some great reviews on the game and the gameplay looks promising... has anyone seen a price for this on the 360 for anything less than $50?

Hey sellis35 I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I was about to post the same thing with one extra question does anyone know if the pre-order bonuses are good or worth it?

Sorry! Thanks!

We picked up the game at the office and can confirm it's amazing. We bought ours from Gamestop due to the Shockwave bonus character. This allows you to use his body parts in the multiplayer areas. It's pretty cool.

Lowest is $53 on Amazon. Should have preordered it, would have gotten a $10 credit and bonus character.

If you have a friend who wants it, the two of you can get a copy together at Target with their B1G1 50% off and split the cost.

I just rented it and it's a great game. Easily the best Transformers game ever to be released and probably the best Transformers related anything in a decade. I'd say my pick up point for this game is $40, I have only had it for a day and am almost done with the campaign. I'll probably try playing through the campaign again though because I am having a blast with it. The multiplayer is also very fun and fast paced, kinda reminds of a more polished Unreal Championship 2.

Yeah, most stores are still full price. As drake mentioned you could split it with a friend at Targets B1G1 50% off, which is still better than nothing.

If however, you do crack and go get it, go to Best Buy and if you want I can trade you my Shockwave code for your Jazz that comes inside! haha I just had to throw that in there sorry.

But yeah, goodluck deciding.

it only cost $40 and i get a $10 credit and code for Demolisher too .
lol. it that cheap because the $20 credit for buying super mario galaxy 2 from amazon.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Yeah, most stores are still full price. As drake mentioned you could split it with a friend at Targets B1G1 50% off, which is still better than nothing.

If however, you do crack and go get it, go to Best Buy and if you want I can trade you my Shockwave code for your Jazz that comes inside! haha I just had to throw that in there sorry.

But yeah, goodluck deciding.[/QUOTE]

the target deal doesnt apply with transformers. because it not one of the selected games for the b1g1 deal. just to let you know.

p.s. Anyone has a free shockwave or any code. I brought the game for my little brother for his b-day at amazon. I should of pre order but forgot.

Thanks for the help! I decided to buy it at Best Buy and sell the Jazz code on ebay. It still has 9 hours and is already past $20, so buying it there was easily the cheapest way.

[quote name='sellis35']Thanks for the help! I decided to buy it at Best Buy and sell the Jazz code on ebay. It still has 9 hours and is already past $20, so buying it there was easily the cheapest way.[/QUOTE]

When you bought it at bestbuy, did it have a sticker outside? When I went there they said, the code was only for preorder. So I didn't bite. I really want that Jazz.

Thanks

[quote name='zerotl']When you bought it at bestbuy, did it have a sticker outside? When I went there they said, the code was only for preorder. So I didn't bite. I really want that Jazz.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

They didn't know what they were talking about, I don't even think BestBuy had it available for pre-order. There wasn't actually a sticker, it was actually printed onto the artwork of the case. My local BestBuy was out of the game in the 360 location, but off near the other side of the store on the end of an isle they had it along with a few other games, all showing the Jazz code was inside.

Another question about the bonus characters; I've heard that the Best Buy copies come with the code for Jazz already in the box. Is Gamestop the same way with having the Shockwave code in the package, or is BB the only place to still get a special character?

[quote name='mang9432']you can buy @ best buy or amazon and sell your bonus code. I did this wed @ best buy, and sold the Jazz code for $34.[/QUOTE]

Who the hell would buy a DLC skin for $34 bucks?

[quote name='xilly']Who the hell would buy a DLC skin for $34 bucks?[/QUOTE]

frankly i don't care, but apparently quite a few people on ebay, i know some other CAGs sold theirs for even more (~50)

[quote name='mang9432']frankly i don't care, but apparently quite a few people on ebay, i know some other CAGs sold theirs for even more (~50)[/QUOTE]

Jeez.. I'm goin to BB tomorrow then!

so basically online at gamestop and bestbuy they are still giving away codes, but not offering them verbally on the site?

edit: I mean bestbuy and amazon

[quote name='mastagoalie']so basically online at gamestop and bestbuy they are still giving away codes, but not offering them verbally on the site?

edit: I mean bestbuy and amazon[/QUOTE]

the codes @ best buy are inside the actual game, via a card. It's clearly marked on the cover, so best buy has a different SKU. Amazon I think is the normal sku, and they are emailing codes, but I can't speak to if they are still sending them.

[quote name='mang9432']the codes @ best buy are inside the actual game, via a card. It's clearly marked on the cover, so best buy has a different SKU. Amazon I think is the normal sku, and they are emailing codes, but I can't speak to if they are still sending them.[/QUOTE]

thanks

I found a copy used at Bull Moose Music for $40, which is only in Maine/New Hampshire so that wont help you. Totally worth the price so far though! The gameplay is nothing revolutionary, but it is a lot of fun and has some great voice acting/overall presentation... I have encountered a few bugs that have forced me to restart checkpoint, but the checkpoints are well placed so nothing too serious so far. If you are a big Transformers fan then I would say this is easily worth full price. There is quite a bit of gameplay here and the online mode is sick!

Does the Shockwave code from GS get printed on a receipt upon purchase of the game, or come in a pre-printed card?

I have a $10 off coupon from the GameStop sales.

Is $49.99 for the :ps3: version with free shipping the best I can do right now?

Any chance on getting the preorder code from a CS rep?

[quote name='eau']Does the Shockwave code from GS get printed on a receipt upon purchase of the game, or come in a pre-printed card?[/QUOTE]

Mine was printed on the receipt. :bouncy:

[quote name='blindinglights']I have a $10 off coupon from the GameStop sales.

Is $49.99 for the :ps3: version with free shipping the best I can do right now?

Any chance on getting the preorder code from a CS rep?[/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to say the cheapest way to buy the game is paying full price at BestBuy and selling the Jazz code. I personally sold mine for $32, and someone else above said they sold for $34 and knew others who sold for ~$50.

[quote name='sellis35']I think it's safe to say the cheapest way to buy the game is paying full price at BestBuy and selling the Jazz code. I personally sold mine for $32, and someone else above said they sold for $34 and knew others who sold for ~$50.[/QUOTE]

I just did that and my Jazz Code is at like 22 bucks now with 6 days left on the auction still. Shit is ridiculous.

Its on Gohastings for 360 for 46$ used. After Gametime10 and shipping its comes out to 44$. I might jump on it cause the game looks alot of fun.

[quote name='sellis35']I think it's safe to say the cheapest way to buy the game is paying full price at BestBuy and selling the Jazz code. I personally sold mine for $32, and someone else above said they sold for $34 and knew others who sold for ~$50.[/QUOTE]

Never underestimate the nerd love for anything Transformers.

Looks like everyone that went and bought the unlock codes on the secondary market may be getting screwed...Hehehe....taken from Seibertron.com's new section....coming to DLC soon.....

"Become the ultimate weapon and wage war in four new maps – engage in multiplayer combat in HAVOC and FORTRESS or fend off waves of Autobots in DISTRICT, and Decepticons in FORSAKEN, two new Escalation mode maps. Also gain access to 5 characters and their chassis for use in Escalation mode and Multiplayer character creation; SCATTERSHOT™, ONSLAUGHT™, DEMOLISHOR™, SHOCKWAVE™ and JAZZ™ are ready for battle. Fight to the end in the war that started it all! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts."

yeah all becuase of the 3 exclusive cocdes they desided to sell it at 60 a normal non collectors game is normally 49.95 so they are truelly ripping off the gaming community on this one infact i had to buy two copies to get jaz and shockwave glad i got spare codes still trying to get demolisher. the current price and exclusive stuff is really upsetting allot of gamers now but if u like the game you have no choice or just wait and hope they release it via download content. but yeah i don't think they should sell it for 60 when its not even collectors edition well heck the guys in uk get a free transformers wfc action figure of starscream for that price why cant we?

since the last game has dlc pACK OR THE codes in the games so it likey that if can wait you can allthe stuff in pACK WHICH what I WAITING for

Not all Best Buy copies come with the code. As another fellow CAG pointed out in this thread. There's a visible Jazz artwork on the cover that tells you whether it is included in the game. You can also use the 10% discount coupon that runs until next week that's for RZ members as well. Thanks to CAG for pointing out the Jazz exclusive not being so exclusive anymore :D

bread's done
Back