Transformers

I have a new/sealed 2-disc special edition. I'd probably accept below new value. PM a price you are trying to get it for and maybe we can work something out.

Costco has it for $20

I was going to buy it and use the $10 MIR but I can't find the proof of purchase lol I have the first Target transforming case of Optimus. I'm assuming it was on an insert and I threw it away

[quote name='CombatCraig']Costco has it for $20

I was going to buy it and use the $10 MIR but I can't find the proof of purchase lol I have the first Target transforming case of Optimus. I'm assuming it was on an insert and I threw it away[/quote]

Same here. I don't think that there was a proof-of-purchase tab.

I sent in the rebate form anyways and included a photocopy of the back of the box and a letter explaining my reasons for submitting the rebate request without the specified items. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='olanmills']Same here. I don't think that there was a proof-of-purchase tab.

I sent in the rebate form anyways and included a photocopy of the back of the box and a letter explaining my reasons for submitting the rebate request without the specified items. We'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I know it was on that sheet but I'm almost sure I threw it away.

I'd send in the UPC on the plastic case but I don't know if it's worth all the trouble and I get turned down.

Besides I only watch Transformers with the Riff Trax on anyways lol

Odd coincidence, as I just sent in my $10 MIR from my BR copy with the POP from my HD-DVD version today in the mail.

Wouldn't be bad to have both the HD-DVD version and the BR version for a net ~$14. HD-DVD version was on a B1G1 from BB, and the BR version was $10 on BF.

So does the mail in $10 rebate still come in the Transformers Blu-Ray? Or is there a place to print out a rebate form if one doesn't come in the copy I pick up?

The Mail In Rebate form in the Transformer BD package but their Proof of Purchase requires you to cut out the tab from your cover sleeve of your BD and the cover art from the DVD version. That's going to leave a hole and a no no in my book. I don't understand why they don't make another inserts for you available to send in as the proof-of-purchase.

[quote name='cagfansub']The Mail In Rebate form in the Transformer BD package but their Proof of Purchase requires you to cut out the tab from your cover sleeve of your BD and the cover art from the DVD version. That's going to leave a hole and a no no in my book. I don't understand why they don't make another inserts for you available to send in as the proof-of-purchase.[/quote]

Because it deters people from sending them in.

That $10 off rebate is a rip. You have to have BOTH the DVD version of Transformers and either one in HD-DVD or Blu Ray format. You must cut out both proof of purchase tabs from the sleeve inserts and send them in with whatever else they ask.

Glad I got mine at BestBuy on Black Friday for $10 bucks :)

[quote name='olanmills']Same here. I don't think that there was a proof-of-purchase tab.

I sent in the rebate form anyways and included a photocopy of the back of the box and a letter explaining my reasons for submitting the rebate request without the specified items. We'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I know it's wierd to bump such an old thread, but I thought I'd let everyone know that I eventually did get the rebate. The value in knowing this is that if something like this is offered again, you know it's worth a try to submit a rebate without allthe requirements if you have a reasonable explanation. Paramount, and whoever they worked with were able to make a reasonable decision rather than follow the process extremely beaurocratically.

I sent them a copy of the back of the box, a letter explaining that I didn't want to cut a hole in the case of my "special edition" DVD, and the actual purchase receipt, not a copy (after all, I already watched the movie, so I know I didn't need to return it, and luckily, it was the only item I purchased on that receipt).

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to mention that I purchased the Target-exclusive transforming case edition of Transformers. It did not have a convenient tear-away proof-of-purchase tab. The POP was printed on the outer plastic sleeve for the box, and cutting it out would have kind of ruined the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ronin47']I sent my rebate in January or February. I am still waiting.[/QUOTE]
welcome to the world of rebates.. im still waiting on my rebate from the laptop i bought last year. i called HP and they said its "coming" but they said that about 8 times :roll:

sometimes you get lucky with rebates and get them fast, sometimes it takes awhile and sometimes i think they just screw you and dont send it

bread's done
Back