Trauma Center info

joeljermon

CAGiversary!
http://www.n-philes.com/features.php?id=258&p=1

N-Philes: Last year we talked about Trauma Center, and we thought, "Wow this is a pretty cool game." It showed innovative and intuitive use of the DS, using the touch screen in ways that no other game was, so with Second Opinion what can you tell us about how the Wii controller is used to basically take what Trauma Center did for the DS and bring that to the Wii?

Tomm: Well, the way you control it--which I suggested so I'm proud of--is you use the nunchuk analog stick to select your tool (there's a menu in the bottom corner) and then you operate with the Wii remote on the screen. You can reach in and out of the patient, which is grotesque if you think about it, and then cut, and you've got the rumble feature.

Another big suggestion is you get to use it like a defibrillator paddle, so you can be like, "Clear! *TSHSHCHCHKK!!*" and feel the rumble. They [Nunchuk and Wiimote] both have the motion sensing, so as soon as I found that out I was like, "Medical game, two hands, come on guys."

So that'll be cool and I can't wait to have people play that, but what do you think of the name? Second Opinion? We had some office turmoil about what to call it.

N-Philes: I like it. I think it's clever. At first it seems to suggest kind of a "redux" or an add-on, but it's on a completely different console, so I like "Second Opinion".

Tomm: To go with that concept, there's actually another doctor who isn't pictured here because I don't think he's been designed yet, but there's like a second doctor with a different storyline and different operations. So as you're going through the game you can switch from Derek to the other doctor back and forth, or you can just play all of Derek and then all the other person and when you play through both their storylines it unlocks a bonus last chapter. And how Derek has the "Healing Touch" this new doctor will have some other power, so it'll be a different experience playing with each doctor.

And I know they're adding organ transplant operations and also setting broken bones, so there's different types of operations as well. So it's bigger, better, and on the Wii, and we're aiming for launch.

Wow...cool post. Thanks for the info - Trauma Center is still my favorite DS game, narrowly beating out Phoenix Wright and New Super Mario Bros. The organ transplant stuff sounds particularly interesting. Can't wait for Wii.

[quote name='rabbitt']I still need the DS Trauma Center.[/QUOTE]
I still need a DS to play it. Wii is looking better and better.

I hope they keep the difficulty. I think my reflexes have improved after the hours I spent on the last one. Besides, if the last one was easy, it would've seemed way too short.

I like the idea of trauma center , but I felt the controls on the ds did not respond as accurate as they should have, causing many of the patients to die. So the game is super frustrating because of that.

So, I'm really looking forward to the wii version, sounds good so far!

bread's done
Back