Traveling from MI to ME (Maine) and want to avoid Canada Gas prices

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Ok,

So most maps I pull up have me either taking the entire trip into Canada (Quebec and Ontario) or if I use the maps from say Buffalo NY, they still bring me into Canada.

According to my research last night they are looking at 5$ - $6 per gallon of gas (its sold in liters). So $4 here sucks, but no way am I going to drive 1700 miles at $6 a gallon when I can spend an extra 2 -3 hours in the car and save a few hundred dollars.

Any map system online that allows you to specifically request to stay out of Canada? I am going to shoot through from North of Detroit, but after getting to New York, I prefer to stay out due to gas prices there.

I am guessing I will just piece map it together or rely on the GPS once I am in New York. I dont think our portable GPS has Canada built in, so I assume it will keep me out.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Well your only other option is going through Indiana, Ohio, pa, and all the way through New york. I bet going that way would rape your wallet more then going through canada, and waste alot more time.

You could stock up on gas from the US. Just fill like 6 5-gallon tanks and put them in your trunk. A full tank + the 30 gallons in the trunk should get you out of Canada. (Assuming you have a fairly fuel efficient car.)

[quote name='homeland']Well your only other option is going through Indiana, Ohio, pa, and all the way through New york. I bet going that way would rape your wallet more then going through canada, and waste alot more time.[/QUOTE]

I think I did not make myself clear enough. I am going through Canada to New York as what you said is obviously very true, and not worth any perceived time or additional costs.

The issue is on Mapquest, yahoo maps, and even Google Maps if I enter our destination it keeps me in Canada until I get to Maine. And at 850 miles its going to make a BIG difference in our money if we spend that entire time filling up at $6 gallons of gas.

Check the Map here:

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/7-NeU_9urC8I8MJqcscyah

I was hoping for some filter to allow me to exclude travel in Canada. Then I would just get to New York (through Canada) and then use the suggested map site to get a map to Maine without going into Canada..

[quote name='blakgpgt']click avoid on the 10th maneuver. it worked for me[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was looking for. The avoid button from Buffalo NY to Rangeley Maine added 8 minutes, but dropped 1 mile in travel. Thanks very much.

bread's done
Back