Tribes and Tribes2, FREE!

Blamo

CAGiversary!
http://www.fileplanet.com/ had Tribes and Tribes 2 for download absolutely free! You do have to wait in their atrocious lines, but is an hour's wait, plus a download, really that bad? especially for the price! GREAT games too!

edit- Oh, and since Tribes 2 uses CD Keys, be sure to get them to send you one, it'd blow to download the game only to find out there weren't any keys left!

on the main page there'll be a little thing on the side talking about it. There should be a link that leads you to sign up for it.

Right now though, the server seems to be going ape sh!t... So if you can't get to it, try again later >.>

[quote name='Blamo']on the main page there'll be a little thing on the side talking about it. There should be a link that leads you to sign up for it.

Right now though, the server seems to be going ape sh!t... So if you can't get to it, try again later >.>[/quote]

I still can't find it...where, EXACTLY, is it on the page?

/blind CAG

How long does it take to get a key? I haven't gotten one yet, and I'm worried that since the first submission didn't go through completely, they'll decide that I'm trying too many times and refuse to give me one...

[quote name='Ribkage']Im pretty sure you also get the games in CGWs included cd in the june mag.[/quote]

That's what I'm doing. Anyone know if these are the latest versions or do you need to download the newest patches?

I have no idea when they're sending the CDKeys, I *still* havn't gotten mine... *sigh* And yes, this months' CGW also has the games. Maybe they send the key when you first install the game and get online, or something

AHHH, i finally finished downloading the thing and now in order to get the key i need to visit a page, but it says my e-mail needs to be varied, so i click the link to varify it and it shows my e-mail already IS varified. So i did it again, and it still won't damn work, anyone else have this problem?!

[quote name='lain21us']Are you all signing up and paying a fee to get this? How can I get this free?[/quote]

fileplanet is free. You can pay money to get all the services they offer, but to download stuff is free. When you get done waiting in line they are one of the best sites to download stuff from

too bad the line is freaking ass. Oh well, free is free. Too bad Ive had the thing crash like 900 times on me :whistle2:\ Maybe 901 is the charm...

[quote name='Blamo']too bad the line is freaking ass. Oh well, free is free. Too bad Ive had the thing crash like 900 times on me :whistle2:\ Maybe 901 is the charm...[/quote]
it worked on my 6th

[quote name='Indiana']THEY ARE OUT OF KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well pull the link...no keys left. :([/quote]
lol this is funny cause i got mine at like 3:30

[quote name='Indiana']THEY ARE OUT OF KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well pull the link...no keys left. :([/quote]

Not sure how accurate this info is. I just got my CD Key at ~4pm. I did notice that the Tribes 2 download has been closed however.

[quote name='Ribkage']Just got the June Computer Gaming World and Tribes 1 and 2 is not on the cd like the IGN article says.[/quote]

I just got the JUNE issue of CGW and the disk says Tribes, and Tribes 2. The May issue had no mention of tribes at all. I think the IGN article said MAY issue. Are you sure you got June with the blue color, female face and Knight of the old Republic in large letters?

Yeah, I got june and may disks right next to me. June got the KOTOR2 cover.

My disk just has Unreal 2k4 and Painkiller demos. Says June right on the back of the disk case.

WTF? This magazine cost $10 and it doesn't even have the games on it? This really pisses me off! I'm looking right at the disk sleeve and it says "FREE GAMES! PLUS! Starsiege - Tribes - Tribes2. WTF !!!!

Is there anybody out there that got the May issue and can verify if it's on THAT disk??

Taken from the official Tribes 2 site...

Download the complete versions of Starsiege: Tribes and Tribes 2 from FilePlanet, or find the games bundled with the June 2004 issue of Computer Gaming World (newsstand edition only).

If you want it, you've got to go buy the magazine. It's that simple. I have no earthly idea why subscribers don't get it, but it looks like you're being screwed over...

Wow, Im pretty pissed off. Im going to call them tomorrow and let them know, for real. Thats BS, loyal customers get totally shafted.

I got mine off the newstand but I'm afraid to unwrap it if it doesn't have the games on the disk. $9 could buy me a good cheap ass PS2 game instead of a crfappy game magazine and a worthless disk.

If you got it off the newstand then your must have it. I got mine in the mail for being a subscriber. It doesnt say Tribes anywhere.

i got a new key , if anyone wants my OLD login from when i bought it 3 years ago , post here with ur email address and ill email it to ya :p First one to post aboout it gets it................... Ready and ....... GO!!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back