Tribes for 360

Vergeofinsanity

CAGiversary!
Was just talking to a friend about some old school FPS we used to play on the PC and how the 360 would be a great platform for the game TRIBES by Dynamix. (Game btw was ahead of its time) Teamplay.. voice chat.. vehicles.. bases.. just the idea.. but one can only dream. Any old school Tribes players in here?!

Considering how much "Vengeance" changed the series, I'm not sure it would be a good thing. The only reason I really enjoyed Tribes 2, which was one of my all time most played games, was because of the modding community.

I know the ps2 version had rather lackluster reviews, but then again the game, as you said, was ahead perhaps too much for the ps2's teamplay capabilities.

Tribes was also very niche in nature. Joe Schmo FPS didn't like anything with the strategy and speed of tribes. I would hope with a game like Lost Planet's potential success, a developer would attempt something atleast similar to Tribes.

Yeah, I suppose. I did hear the sequel sucked for its own reasons.. not just its complexity n what not (the engine was totally different n the gameplay etc) It's just funny cause you see a lot of the elements you saw in Tribes in some games. Splinter Cell DA: The ability to turn off generators. Halos: incorporation of multi person vehicles. Hmm I kno im forgeting others but.. how hard is it to make a game even similar to Tribes? I mean with games like GoW which I think is a good entry level game for people to work on their communication n teamwork, a Tribes type game would be welcomed. (too bad the franchise is dead as som1 posted above.. i think Dynamix went out of business then they lost the engine hence Tribes 2 sucking)

Would love to see it but there's no way it would sell unless MS started supporting Mouse/Keyboard .... so MS, start supporting Mouse/Keyboard.

bread's done
Back