Trick R Treat finally here!!! 10/6 Where are the deals??!!!

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Watched it last night. Overrated piece of trash. Drag Me to Hell was infinitely better.[/QUOTE]

Hyperbole or just trolling? Only his mother knows for sure!

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Watched it last night. Overrated piece of trash. Drag Me to Hell was infinitely better.[/QUOTE]

It's nowhere near "trash", but the quote on the front of the Movie is laughable ("The best Halloween film in 30 years"). As I've said before, the less you read about it the better. I spoiled the movie for myself by reading about it for over a year. Hype is just that, and leads to expectations that nothing can meet.

The other mistake I made was watching this on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ZCWiDoBRc

I will say that it's a good "preview" to find out if you'd want to buy or rent this.

I watched it and I was pretty blind. I like these types of movies, not a huge fan of pure gore flicks (ala hostel), but I do like this type, typically.

I loved the settings etc, there were some twists, but this is not A grade stuff. It was alright and had a decent ending. I liked some of the characters. I guess I would say 7-7.5 /10.

I am glad I rented it first.

I just rented the blu ray and watched it. I enjoyed it and I thought it was a lot of fun to watch. I don't see myself watching it again until maybe the next halloween and by then it will probably be like $9.99 on Amazon (and also on Starz or Showtime or something).

just watched it. Great halloween movie. Definitely refreshing with all of the gore-driven plotless crap the horror genre has put out lately (anything rob zombie related for example).

[quote name='ceck3969']Not True on the sideshow gift card I ordered my sam and the coupon applied just fine.[/QUOTE]

How did you do it? Because I added it to my cart and entered the coupon and it didn't take. Only items that say coupon excepted in a little icon are available to buy with the coupon.

EDIT: Your right it say giftcard accepted now! When I ordered it earlier this week it was not available.

I've seen better, and I've seen much worse. I must say it deserves credit for trying (most of the horror movies released now are too predictable). I will say this though- if I'd gone to see this in the movie theater (of course it was never released), I wouldn't feel like I was cheated. I'd take it for what it is, which is 85 minutes of entertainment.

quick question when i put it in it plays some trailers and goes strait to the movie. if i hit the menu button in flashs a pick of sam for a second and goes to a list of bonus features. so is there a real menu or is mine broken?

[quote name='capybara554321']quick question when i put it in it plays some trailers and goes strait to the movie. if i hit the menu button in flashs a pick of sam for a second and goes to a list of bonus features. so is there a real menu or is mine broken?[/QUOTE]

Is yours BD or DVD? I'd also like to know if the menu is wonky/broken before I spend $25 on a BD to watch for Hallow's Eve...

[quote name='LeRoy']Long wait on Netflix. I guess WB underestimated the demand for this movie or the retailer just didn't order enough.[/QUOTE]

I put it to the top of my queue on Thursday and it had "Long Wait." Check my email the next day and it is on its way to my house.

Rented it last night before I went out on an impulse buy. Gotta say, It's a nice little treat. Since the GF and I watched it already I'll probably wait and grab it at a $15 price point on BD.

[quote name='possum1284']forget the deals lol its a terrible movie
Adam[/QUOTE]

That's funny, this is all you seem to post. What a crummy troll you are. Cool story though.

I wont say Im disappointed with it but, definitely not what I was expecting, not really "scary", it is entertaining though.

yeah they probably had some issues with actually being able to see through it versus getting it to look exact heh heh. :)

there's a latex version of the burlap sack mask and you can get the pumpkin one by itself too.

also on the trick r treat official site they have pumpkin patterns so you can carve a sam pumpkin.

[quote name='sendme']Great another sideshow gift card I wont use. I still have the one that came with the skynet edition of T2 some place.[/QUOTE]

I would love to use your gift card if you don't think you will use it. Please contact me if you would like.

If anyone else has a gift code (that they are not going to use) for the 15' Trick r' Treat Sam figure, I would greatly appreciate it. I just need one of course, so if I get multiple codes I'll let that individual know that I won't use it.

Thank you.

This movie is subpar at the best. I was sooooooooooooo excited when it came via netfix, I was like a kid on christmas morning. I opened the sleve as a smile creeped across my face put the movie in and with in 25 minutes I was like blah. What has happend to all the good scary moveis?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the film is fantastic. The creative use of werewolves and the intricate tying together of all the story threads (told in a nonlinear manner) are what really make it stand out for me. The respect for Halloween lore is great too.

For anyone still interested in buying this, I received an e-mail from WBshop.com promoting the movie on Blu-Ray for $19.95, and DVD for $14.95.

Here are the details:

http://www.wbshop.com/Trick-'R-Treat-+Blu-ray/1000026346,default,pd.html?cgid=BLURAY20

Also in the e-mail, it says that if you buy any two Blu-ray titles from them, you get Free Shipping. They also have Freddy vs. Jason on Blu-ray for $9.95.

Here's the details for that:

http://www.wbshop.com/Freddy-vs.-Jason-+BD/1000094243,default,pd.html?cgid=BLURAY20

Tinkered around with coupon codes on WB shop, came up with this:

Trick R Treat $15.96
North By Northwest (Blu Ray Book) preorder 20.96

I used the codes: WBINSIDER25 (doesn't do anything as far as I can tell, but applies) and XB792 (20% off)
Free 2-Day Shipping on 2 movies = 36.92

Also, if you want, you can just buy Trick R Treat and use XB792 and it comes to 20.xx shipped.

Can replace the second movie with something else to get it cheaper.

If you're really trying to save $$ and get this as cheap as you can, I used a variation on fizzywix's post:

Use codes XB992 and WBINSIDER25

TRICK R TREAT (BD) -- 15.99
FREDDY VS JASON (BD), TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (BD), or INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE (BD) -- $7.99

Total $23.xx
Free shipping

I didn't get charged tax either though I know they do in some states.

I picked up Trick 'r Treat, Contact & The Dark Knight(B5G1 freebie) for $33.xx shipped. They did not charge me sales tax this time for some reason, they had me down for tax Friday when I first tried it. I already have TDK sold for $10 so I will end up getting TrT & Contact for $23.xx.

I forgot about North by Northwest. I would have gotten it instead of Contact. Oh well, I'll get it sometime down the road.

[quote name='darkdaze73']I picked up Trick 'r Treat, Contact & The Dark Knight(B5G1 freebie) for $33.xx shipped. They did not charge me sales tax this time for some reason, they had me down for tax Friday when I first tried it. I already have TDK sold for $10 so I will end up getting TrT & Contact for $23.xx.

I forgot about North by Northwest. I would have gotten it instead of Contact. Oh well, I'll get it sometime down the road.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had picked up TEXAS CHAINSAW for $10 at Amazon a couple of weeks ago, so I picked that up along with TRICK R TREAT, and will send back the sealed TEXAS CHAINSAW BD to Amazon for a refund (the $2 lower price ends up taking up the shipping). So in effect I got TRICK R TREAT for $15 -- really nice deal, considering there haven't been any deals like it anywhere.

I think I will have to do this as no place has this around me and I have really wanted to see it. Amazon wants 24.49 for it and I can get it for 22.65 from WBshop.com.

[quote name='sendme']I think I will have to do this as no place has this around me and I have really wanted to see it. Amazon wants 24.49 for it and I can get it for 22.65 from WBshop.com.[/QUOTE]

There is a birthday code out there that will knock off 20% and make it 15.96 before shipping. Add another title and get free shipping. Plus, if you do add a second title use code wbinsider25 for 25% off that title to possibly knock a cpl of more $$ off.

bread's done
Back