Trigger button enhancers

blazsox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
For the most part I can handle the standard PS3 L2 and R2 trigger buttons, but I won't lie when I say that they can be annoying sometimes given their sensitivity and odd feeling in shooters and the occasional racers (depends on if its an arcade or sim racer).

Was wondering what the CAG verdict was on the Trigger button enhancements. By that I mean the ones companies like Nyko and Pelican offer.

These:

pelicanps3triggers.jpg

pelicanps3triggers2.jpg

Do they make the triggers more comfortable or just get in the way? My only concern is given the trigger buttons (at least for me) are so damn sensitive to even the slightest press that these add ons will just cause the sensitivity to be even more annoying.

I use em on my controllers. Good response for MW2 (all FPS games actually). They are only $5 so it is worth the investment in my eyes.

I love them for racers because they make it easier to apply partial throttle and braking.

While I use them for FPSs as well, I didnt notice as much of a difference, although I definitely notice theyre missing when I go back to the regular controller.

For only $5, Id say its worth it. Another option, if youre looking primarily for shooters would be one of those controllers with the 360's button layout. Personally Id love to see a way to use "The Duke" controller with the PS3, as that had ridiculously long trigger pull, but these work in the meantime.

I think these are a must have for me, my fingers slip off the mushy buttons. These give a firm area to use. The only problem is when you slam the controller into a wall they fly off and can be hard to find.

[quote name='gindias']i think these are a must have for me, my fingers slip off the mushy buttons. These give a firm area to use. The only problem is when you slam the controller into a wall they fly off and can be hard to find.[/quote]

qft

Got these on a whim. As somebody that hates the PS3 triggers, I feet that they are a great improvement.

Bought these from Amazon awhile back as part of a larger to get the $25 for free shipping, and to my surprise, they actually worked pretty well. I didn't like the PS3 triggers compared to the 360's, and this helped remedy that with racing games especially. Recommended.

If you do decide to go with these, I might recommend that you dedicate one controller to using them and them gluing them on. I have had them break off in the middle of intense moments (DiRT 2) and it can be quite a hassle.

bread's done
Back