Trigun - Limited Collector`s Edition I (DVD)

Thats still a lot for an anime boxset. Especialy for a series that has been out forever. Sorry, but your still getting ripped off.

[quote name='Rihan']Thats still a lot for an anime boxset. Especialy for a series that has been out forever. Sorry, but your still getting ripped off.[/QUOTE]

Well, the original DVDs usually are $10-15 used...One of these sets equals 4 used old DVDs. So, it was either buy this new set in a tin case with vastly improved picture quality, 5.1 Dolby Audio, tin case, several extra options and extras (New art, japanese TV spots, new openings), and a Kuroneko keychain....oooor buy the 4 used DVDs with none of that for $10 less at most.. So, no, I was not ripped off. Especially considering these tin case sets go for $90 retail.

Again. Why are you paying over $100 for a show that has been out forever? I don't care what fancy new things are included, that is what most shows cost when they are new. Trigun has always been overpriced for no reason whatsoever. I don't care what retail price is on those things, they are still incredibly over-priced. Retail is $90 for half a season???? that means $180 for the whole series....which is what the show has always cost! You're giving in to the whole repackaging/double dipping of a series. I can buy most complete series for $50 or less nowadays, so this is in no way a deal.

Since trigun sells extremely well, ala cowboy bebop, it's doubtfull it will ever come down in price past the Signature series discount MRSP $19.99. Also it's geneon, and they don't really do sales all that well.

[quote name='Rihan']Again. Why are you paying over $100 for a show that has been out forever? I don't care what fancy new things are included, that is what most shows cost when they are new. Trigun has always been overpriced for no reason whatsoever. I don't care what retail price is on those things, they are still incredibly over-priced. Retail is $90 for half a season???? that means $180 for the whole series....which is what the show has always cost! You're giving in to the whole repackaging/double dipping of a series. I can buy most complete series for $50 or less nowadays, so this is in no way a deal.[/QUOTE]

What the hell do you want me to do? Buy bootlegs?

[quote name='SMMM']Well, the original DVDs usually are $10-15 used...One of these sets equals 4 used old DVDs. So, it was either buy this new set in a tin case with vastly improved picture quality, 5.1 Dolby Audio, tin case, several extra options and extras (New art, japanese TV spots, new openings), and a Kuroneko keychain....oooor buy the 4 used DVDs with none of that for $10 less at most.. So, no, I was not ripped off. Especially considering these tin case sets go for $90 retail.[/QUOTE]

Not too bad a deal... but rightstuf.com regularly puts the old paper artbox complete set on sale for $70-80ish.

So here's hoping you find the other set for $30! :D I'd poke around pawn shops/craiglist in a couple months if you don't find it sooner... people hocking off anime for various expenses and all...

[quote name='Rihan']Again. Why are you paying over $100 for a show that has been out forever? I don't care what fancy new things are included, that is what most shows cost when they are new. Trigun has always been overpriced for no reason whatsoever. I don't care what retail price is on those things, they are still incredibly over-priced. Retail is $90 for half a season???? that means $180 for the whole series....which is what the show has always cost! You're giving in to the whole repackaging/double dipping of a series. I can buy most complete series for $50 or less nowadays, so this is in no way a deal.[/QUOTE]

hahaha

Trigun DVD Limited Collector's Edition]Packaged in an limited edition full color collector's steel case said:
The original Trigun sets were epensive to, but 5.1 makes this a right move. $60 isn't bad for something like this.

RightStuf has the sets for $80.98 each and DiscoutAnimeDVD has the sets for $75.98.

DAD is a good place to pickup anime. Watch your order though, they carry Hong Kong knockoffs (i.e. the Son Mays of the DVD world). And for fun, RightStuf has the 2007(!) Trigun calendar for pre-order.

Also, I think this iteration of Trigun finally has the original openings, which are contextual in relation with the episode at hand.

Is there anywhere to see this show on TV? I've never seen it, but my brother-in-law bought me a Trigun shirt at DisneyWorld because he thought it looked cool (and it does!).
I'd like to check it out so I know who the dude is on the shirt I'm wearing.

Thanks!

[quote name='Bezerker']Well, if you'd rather buy B&M and save on shipping, Best buy has it for $61.60 after Animerica Reward Zone coupon.[/QUOTE]

This is the first I've heard of this. What is this coupon exactly, and where could I find it? Thanks!

schnuth

[quote name='schnuth']This is the first I've heard of this. What is this coupon exactly, and where could I find it? Thanks!

schnuth[/QUOTE]

Best buy should have it somewhere around the anime section. ITs a magazine talking about upcoming anime releases, it includes a coupon for 30% off ALL anime dvds (for Reward Zone Members, 15 for non members).

Its further discussed in the dvd deals forum.

[quote name='megashock5']Is there anywhere to see this show on TV? I've never seen it, but my brother-in-law bought me a Trigun shirt at DisneyWorld because he thought it looked cool (and it does!).
I'd like to check it out so I know who the dude is on the shirt I'm wearing.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Currently, no, Trigun is not currently on TV. The DVDs are well worth it though. One of my Top 5 favorite shows.

[quote name='Rihan']Again. Why are you paying over $100 for a show that has been out forever? I don't care what fancy new things are included, that is what most shows cost when they are new. Trigun has always been overpriced for no reason whatsoever. I don't care what retail price is on those things, they are still incredibly over-priced. Retail is $90 for half a season???? that means $180 for the whole series....which is what the show has always cost! You're giving in to the whole repackaging/double dipping of a series. I can buy most complete series for $50 or less nowadays, so this is in no way a deal.[/QUOTE]Okay, can you point us to a good deal then? I too plan on buying this set.

[quote name='Bezerker']Best buy should have it somewhere around the anime section. ITs a magazine talking about upcoming anime releases, it includes a coupon for 30% off ALL anime dvds (for Reward Zone Members, 15 for non members).

Its further discussed in the dvd deals forum.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't see the discussion in the DVD forum. I'll make a point to look for this magazine next time I'm at BB.

Aaron

bread's done
Back