Trine - Puzzle-platformer for PSN - $20 Now released

It looks great but I'm worried that the analog sticks wont give the precision and speed you need to pull off some of those moves.

Day one purchase for me. Hopefully the game has a little more depth that your average sidescroller. Oh, and

[quote name='ID2006']3D sidescroller[/quote]

My mind is blown. :)

Ooh. Something to look forward to. Not big on FPS (motion sickness) so this would be a must buy when I get the system. The music is catchy.

Also on PC, so this belongs in general gaming, I'd say...

This is from the developers of Shadowgrounds, by the way, which was an AWESOME series.

New trailer, finally:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47992.html

WANT. WHEN??? SOON, PLEASE.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but the end of this trailer seems to hint at three-player co-op, which would be quite epic. :D I'm dying to play this game. It's been confirmed that Steam will be one of the distribution channels on PC, so I will definitely pick it up there, upon release.

(Also, a mod really needs to move this to General Gaming...)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge'](Also, a mod really needs to move this to General Gaming...)[/quote]

The thread is fine where its at. We are talking about the game coming to PSN. Just because the game is multiplatform or available on Steam, doesn't mean it cant have a thread in PS3 forum. By that logic, the Flock, Mass Effect, Left 4 Dea, Braid, etc should all be moved out of there respective console threads to general gaming.

The game is looking great so far, even better than after the first trailer. Seems like a game where you would need a good co-op partner though. Not sure how well some of the timing would work out just grouping up with random players (assuming it has online co-op).

I wonder how well the controller will work for drawing those objects... looks like pc and wii were in mind when developing it, not the gaming consoles...

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I wonder how well the controller will work for drawing those objects...[/quote]
It's called a "second analog stick," maybe you have heard of it.

looks like pc and wii were in mind when developing it,
Yes, look at them graphics. Definitely Wii in mind.

not the gaming consoles...
Uh oh are you saying that Wii is not a gaming console?

I'm for this. It is what I was hoping Crash Commando was going to be more like (not that I didn't appreciate that game).

[quote name='AdvOfJet']The thread is fine where its at. We are talking about the game coming to PSN. Just because the game is multiplatform or available on Steam, doesn't mean it cant have a thread in PS3 forum. By that logic, the Flock, Mass Effect, Left 4 Dea, Braid, etc should all be moved out of there respective console threads to general gaming.[/quote]

Fair enough. I have created a sexy and highly-informative thread dedicated to the PC version here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5756589

The game is looking great so far, even better than after the first trailer. Seems like a game where you would need a good co-op partner though. Not sure how well some of the timing would work out just grouping up with random players (assuming it has online co-op).
The developers have said in an interview that co-op is all offline, single-system.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The developers have said in an interview that co-op is all offline, single-system.[/quote]

Ah .. good to know. However I doubt my wife will be playing this with me when it comes out lol. She had a hard enough time controlling a cursor in the co-op mode of Monsters vs Aliens, much less something this complex.

awww boo. They should have made it online co-op where you can invite friends. I'll still probably get this game eventually but vaving only offline multiplayer has knocked it off my 'must buy' list. Fat Princess once again reigns supreme on my PSN list.

local co-op is better actually... no connection problems, of course, it's not ideal for split screens, which i hate, but not this game anyway.

Dang, local co-op only. Looks like I'll only be admiring the music and art style in video form. Zombie Apocalypse better not make the same mistake.

Downloaded and played the demo on the PC using a normal controller to get an idea of how it will be on PSN. After playing the initial level a few times this game has firmly planted itself at the top of my PSN want list. The controls are very easy to get accustomed to and the game provides just enough leeway on the accuracy to not make it a chore to play.

My only concern is over the cost of the game on the PSN. I really dont know it I want to spend $30 on a downloaded game. I was hoping for $15 or at most $20 considering the size and complexity of the game. $30 is the only thing making me wary of the game.

$30 is too much for a PSN or XBLA download. I don't care how good the game is, it's not going to sell as well as it would at $15.

Ive been hyped about this one for awhile, but $30 is a real tough sell considering that there are titles like Wipeout going for only $20.

I'm really interested in this game but the fact that you can't play online co-op really hurts this title. Add to that the price point and this game has dropped off my 'must have' list.

It looks really fun to me. There haven't been nearly enough 3D sidescroller
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Actually that's just speculation as of this point supposedly. Wouldn't surprise me though.

[quote name='ohboy10451']the 360 version will have online co-op. The other versions wont[/QUOTE]

Uh, there is no such confirmation.

bread's done
Back