triton gears of war 3 dolby 7.1 headset 89.99 @ bestbuy

It looks like the Tritton AX Pros with Gears skins. I had the AX Pros, they were very nice. I preferred the sound to TB by a lot, but the amount of wires that go along with that thing is INSANE.

Can you clarify? Which one has a lot of wires? Wires suck. I've put back a lot of headsets so far after figuring out just how nasty it would look when hooked up to my system. Plugging directly into a tv seems straight forward but for some reason most of these need adapters and 37 cables when going into my receiver.

Too many wires, way too fragile, FAR TOO MUCH SOUND LEAKING, alot hissing after a while.

At $90 it's okay. The design is great, and the sound quality is fantastic for about the first three months.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']Can you clarify? Which one has a lot of wires? Wires suck. I've put back a lot of headsets so far after figuring out just how nasty it would look when hooked up to my system. Plugging directly into a tv seems straight forward but for some reason most of these need adapters and 37 cables when going into my receiver.[/QUOTE]

To clarify, IIRC, the AX Pros had 2 AC adapters, two plugs to go into the console, an amp with 3 diff cords, the headset speaker controller, then one that went into the headset. Had great sound, but man...was a hassle to work with.

Honestly, I got a set of JVC headphones recommended to me on Reddit for $32 shipped on amazon, I use them for PC gaming but they'd work just as well on a receiver, they sound as good as any TB I've tried. The AX pros are better and have great quality, but it's a headache and a half when I've already got a wii, 360, ps3, and 7 speaker wires coming out of my receiver.

bread's done
Back