Tritton Ax720 gaming headset $99.99 Amazon,Best Buy

[quote name='freshzen']Actually I'm pretty sure you have to fork out an extra $50 to get the 5.1. These AX720s do non-5.1 simulated surround. I wish they were wireless though, that is a total deal breaker.[/QUOTE]

What's the difference between simulated and non-simulated?

All surround sound on headphones is simulated, I don't really know what the difference is between 5.1 and non-5.1 though. I just noticed at GS the other day that Tritton's $180 model was the only one that claimed to use 5.1 surround.

Sucks Logitech couldn't have added PS3/360 support for the G930. My old TB X4 hasn't had functional voice chat in almost a year. Thinking I might hold out and see if the PX5 goes on sale for around $200 at launch, but I should probably settle for those F540s.

If I purchased these at 129.99 last week, do I need to go back in with my receipt to get a refund of the difference? Or can they look it up with my phone #? I'm waiting to save from driving all the way home and back up to BB

[quote name='gantt']

I'm pretty sure the AX Pro decoder uses the round multi-pin connectors for the headset, not the usual 3.5 mm jack.[/QUOTE]

it has 3.5mm center/sub ,front, and surround outputs too.

[quote name='paz9x']it has 3.5mm center/sub ,front, and surround outputs too.[/QUOTE]

You're right. My bad. So you could use the AX Pro decoder with a PC speaker system that has 5.1 analog inputs.

[quote name='gantt']You're right. My bad. So you could use the AX Pro decoder with a PC speaker system that has 5.1 analog inputs.[/QUOTE]
no worries, they dont make headsets purchases easy. yes you could use it that way.

I love my Ax720's and highly recommend them. I use them for my PS3, PC, and have them hooked up to my Direct TV receiver. Maybe I will grab a 2nd headset since the box has two outlets.

Went out and got these today at Best Buy. Figured I better do it before the deal expires tomorrow. I can always return them if I don't like them or if I discover I need the money for something else.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Went out and got these today at Best Buy. Figured I better do it before the deal expires tomorrow. I can always return them if I don't like them or if I discover I need the money for something else.[/QUOTE]

woohoo. fire them shits up.

Just picked up a pair today at that price, play through a bit of Killzone 3. Really good directional sounds, the microphonics/"hissing" is there, but once you actually play something on it, it becomes far less noticeable. Pretty sure the microphonics isn't coming from the box, but rather the loooong in-line wire.

The cans sounds a bit hollow though, not sure if it's because of the source not being 5.1, or if I simply haven't done enough burn-in yet.

I got a pair of these as a gift and they are amazing! I've been playing Black Ops for the better part of 3 hours and I love them.

bread's done
Back