Tron: Evolution CE Back to $29.99 at Gamestop

kramer0731

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just picked up a copy from Gamestop yesterday. The price on this CE seems to be jumping back and forth from $129.99 to $49.99 and back, but finally dipped pretty low. Didn't see this mentioned elsewhere recently.

Here is a link to the Gamestop product page - note that this shows $49.99 but the in-store price is now $29.99:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/t...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-4.XoX.bCeINAf0GcNSXG8w

Looks like this happened once before in November, here is a link to the old thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9088302

I know there are mixed reviews on this, but this seems like a good price to jump on board. Not sure how long this is valid for but I would assume it's at least this week. Hope this helps somebody.

I'm not threadcrapping, but like I posted back in the original thread, this has to be one of the most mediocre CE's. Unless you are a hardcore Tron collector, I say wait for it to go cheaper or skip out on it entirely.

watch

Would have to agree with zodiac, I went and grabbed this at 30$ and brought it back, which is something I hardly ever do. I can't imagine anyone paying 130$ for this when it first came out but even at 30$ the CE content is really kinda dismal.

No threadcrapping offense taken by any. I just always knew that $130 for this was ludicrous..... but I figured for $30 I'd bite. I didn't realize that even $30 might be too much, but I haven't opened my copy yet. Since the game only was just on sale at BB for $15 or so, I figured another $15 for the lightcycle might be cool.

Anyway..... still not a bad deal for those interested in this.... I don't think there has been a better price, has there?

EDIT: Wow, just watched the unboxing video.... and.... wow. I was quite underwhelmed. I got caught up in the "Tron" excitement of it and didn't really think too much about the value (if any). The lightcycle looks like crap and doesn't even light up? It is a LIGHT cycle, is it not? Ugh. Maybe I'll return. Thanks for talking me out of my own deal. Can I at least get some props for admitting my mistake? :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='kramer0731']No threadcrapping offense taken by any. I just always knew that $130 for this was ludicrous..... but I figured for $30 I'd bite. I didn't realize that even $30 might be too much, but I haven't opened my copy yet. Since the game only was just on sale at BB for $15 or so, I figured another $15 for the lightcycle might be cool.

Anyway..... still not a bad deal for those interested in this.... I don't think there has been a better price, has there?

EDIT: Wow, just watched the unboxing video.... and.... wow. I was quite underwhelmed. I got caught up in the "Tron" excitement of it and didn't really think too much about the value (if any). The lightcycle looks like crap and doesn't even light up? It is a LIGHT cycle, is it not? Ugh. Maybe I'll return. Thanks for talking me out of my own deal. Can I at least get some props for admitting my mistake? :applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad. I have made the same mistake a couple times.

Damn, I was about to order this for in-store pickup but then I watched that unboxing video. All you get is that plastic lightcycle? I guess I'll stick with the $6 used copy I bought from Blockbuster.

BTW I really like the top comment for that unboxing video on youtube. I loled

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']

BTW I really like the top comment for that unboxing video on youtube. I loled[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. Pretty funny. I also like the comment "so if you want a $130 box for your game, then this is the CE for you." Nice.

[quote name='kramer0731']No threadcrapping offense taken by any. I just always knew that $130 for this was ludicrous..... but I figured for $30 I'd bite. I didn't realize that even $30 might be too much, but I haven't opened my copy yet. Since the game only was just on sale at BB for $15 or so, I figured another $15 for the lightcycle might be cool.

EDIT: Wow, just watched the unboxing video.... and.... wow. I was quite underwhelmed. I got caught up in the "Tron" excitement of it and didn't really think too much about the value (if any). The lightcycle looks like crap and doesn't even light up? It is a LIGHT cycle, is it not? Ugh. Maybe I'll return. Thanks for talking me out of my own deal. Can I at least get some props for admitting my mistake? :applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]
The light cycle lights up prety cool. The guy unboxing the game had not clue what to look foir. I had the game way back and can confirm ythe light cycle lights up (there is a swith on it)and looks very cool in the dark. This being said I can not plead for $30 price everyone need to decide themselves after they see it.

I'm always surprised at the amount of hate that these Tron CE threads generate.

The light cycle does light up. I expected that its quality would be higher, given that it was made by Sideshow Collectibles. It is kind of cheap and plasticy, but still pretty cool. In the end, the question is really whether you are nerd enough to actually want to display a light cycle. I am, and I was fairly satisfied getting the game and the light cycle for $30.

I also enjoyed the game quite a bit. You should only bother with it if you are a fan of Tron Legacy. It is a prequel to that film and it shows the events surrounding Clu's rise to power. Reviews of the game are in the 6 - 7 range, which I think are pretty fair. I personally would give it a solid 7. In any event, stay away if you didn't enjoy Legacy.

At $130, this collector's edition was a huge rip off. At $30 I think it is at least reasonable. But like I said before, don't bother unless you really enjoyed Tron Legacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back