Tron evolution Collector's edition on sale at amazon.com

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']As I understand it the only real worthwhile thing in the CE is the statue, but apparently its a pretty cool statue.[/QUOTE]

The reviews on amazon beg to differ.

There is a lot of hate in the review section for the Collectors Edition bonuses. I'd guess that you'll see it around the 30-40 range soon enough.

This is one overpriced CE and that $10 movie cash is almost obsolete, since most theaters are no longer showing Tron. BTW, I personally enjoyed the movie but it wasn't nearly as good as it could have been.

[quote name='mrwogs2']I'll bite once it gets below $29.99. This thing is WAY overpriced.[/QUOTE]

Especially for such a mediocre game.

I wouldn't say the game is particularly bad.
But it isn't any good, either.
If you like Tron or Prince of Persia you may get a kick out of it.

[quote name='SDC']I wouldn't say the game is particularly bad.
But it isn't any good, either.
If you like Tron or Prince of Persia you may get a kick out of it.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I loved Tron and Tron: Legacy, and I was a fan of the PoP games, so this game was totally awesome.

You could tell it needed some more time in the oven, and it definitely can get frustrating, but the multiplayer is pretty damn awesome.

Thanks for the post, atleast I know its on the way down.

At 30 or less Id get this and thats mostly because I just want the cycle in it. I might be more tempted if it atleast came with the 20th anniversary dvd of the original movie in it also.

I knew the game would be absolute garbage though when just before it came out I heard they were making versions of it along a time line for different systems. So you more or less had to buy 4 games to get the whole timeline down before you went to see the new movie. ugh.

[quote name='skubish']I heard this game is garbage...[/QUOTE]

This game really isn't all that bad. i rented Splatterhouse and this at the same time and I had way more fun playing Tron (I didn't want to smash my controller like when I was playing Splatterhouse), but it's horribly overpriced.

I wouldn't mind owning it but only under $50 for the CE., $20 for just the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered this CE edition from Amazon, excitedly opened it up to check out the cycle, promptly repackaged it and sent it the hell back. What a piece of Made in China mass-produced garbage!! There was NO way it was a Sideshow Collectible. Just no way. The picture of the product also made it seem like there would be a neon glow. There was no glow, just a cheaply-made, low-detailed piece of utter mediocrity. They might as well have sent me some synthetic donkey nuts.

Mmmmm... synthetic donkey nuts...

Enjoyed the flick in IMAX 3D. Will grab the game after a few more drops.

bread's done
Back