Trophy Syncing after hard drive upgrade

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
So I just installed a new 750GB hard drive into my PS3 and everything has gone perfect so far. I didn't backup any of my info onto an external hard drive, I just uploaded my saves to the cloud then replaced the drive.

Like I said, everything is going fine, except syncing trophies. I tried to sync the first time, it took about an hour than errored out at around 50%. So I'm trying again, and it's taking just as long.

I've also heard stories of trophies not showing up until you play a game again, then go back and re-sync your trophies after playing that game. Is that true, does it happen with every game? Is there anything else I should expect while trying to get this trophy stuff all sorted out?

I've had that problem when I got a new system. If you have PS Plus you're fine because your trophy list will auto sync if you set that up(I set mine to 3AM). My suggestion is to play a game and get at least 1 new trophy then let you console do it itself.

I had the same issue, it probably took 5 or 6 tries of it timing out (getting progressively further each time) before it fully synced.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I've also heard stories of trophies not showing up until you play a game again, then go back and re-sync your trophies after playing that game. Is that true, does it happen with every game? Is there anything else I should expect while trying to get this trophy stuff all sorted out?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is true. I too recently upgraded my HDD and made a blog post about it and my vanishing trophies.

On my first sync all the trophies appeared back as normal, but when I went to play a game, the trophies for that game vanished. Consequently I was getting trophies I had already obtained, and went WTF! :hot:.

The vanishing trophies was the only thing I was not prepared for when upgrading my HDD. It seems like most people only focus on how easy it is to put in a new HDD.

[quote name='bkjohns1']Yes, it is true. I too recently upgraded my HDD and made a blog post about it and my vanishing trophies.

On my first sync all the trophies appeared back as normal, but when I went to play a game, the trophies for that game vanished. Consequently I was getting trophies I had already obtained, and went WTF! :hot:.

The vanishing trophies was the only thing I was not prepared for when upgrading my HDD. It seems like most people only focus on how easy it is to put in a new HDD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I forgot about this - I had trophies I had already achieved re-pop. That made me re-try and sync until I was able to get a full trophy sync.

The process takes awhile

You'll get sync errors 4-6 times

It will go up to 15% and stall, just keep at it

The more trophies you have the longer the burden, if I did it right now, lol, be here for like 3+ hours just trying to sync

Hmmm...so far I'm 0 for 3, and my Automatic Update didn't kick on last night for whatever reason. Furthest I've gotten on the sync is 50%, most the time it errors out around 20%. I'll keep trying, hopefully the Automatic Update works tonight as well.

Interesting. In pulling up my trophy profile on PSN Profiles and Playstation.com, both are showing all the new trophies I earned tonight, even though I haven't had a successful sync yet.

So at least my PS3 is getting my trophies synced to the servers. That's better than nothing.

it takes forever if you have a lot of trophies. same thing if you don't sync often. it takes a few times to get it after a new hdd install.

bread's done
Back