Tropicana Twister Xbox Experience (48hr Trial Code Guaranteed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Wario64']I've actually printed a list of codes to use for me personally. Free Xbox Live for me. Yes, I'm that cheap.[/QUOTE]

I've traded about 3 days of MS Points for a year of gold card on this forum... free yes, entering new codes in every 2 days... no

Also, this could be linked to the storms going on right now... I actually don't have internet in my apt. I am posting this using my tethered phone :p

[quote name='jaysapathy']Either they're restocking, or you greedy bastards finally milked every last prize out of the contest. Good job.[/quote]

Well aren't you an optimist.

If that's waht you have to tell yourself, sure.

I just hate greedy people.

Jay

[quote name='JBlade00']hahaha... someone... jealous? :p[/quote]

Man!, I can't believe the site is still down, lol. Hopefully all they need is just some promotionexpert.com guy to reset the script to get things rolling again. I only found out about this promo 5 days ago :cry:. Although, so far I've won/traded 4000 ms points worth of stuff, heheheh. I really hope it keeps going until Feb! (seriously doubt it though).

So this isn't working now? (Just now found out about it).

I tried to enter and it just took me back to the homepage, so I wasn't sure what was up... then I tried again and it told me that I've already played. Or maybe I need to use IE?

Well total free stuff I got due to CAG from this promo was...

2x Forza 2 + Fusion Frezy gamepacks
1x Faceplate
and erm 1300 MS points (I think)

Not bad considering I'd only been playing the last 4.5 days. + I traded everything I won for more MS points!. So,...... I love CAG!!! :D. Lets hope Tropicana sort the site out so I and everyone else can get even more!.

[quote name='JimmyH']Well total free stuff I got due to CAG from this promo was...

2x Forza 2 + Fusion Frezy gamepacks
1x Faceplate
and erm 1300 MS points (I think)

Not bad considering I'd only been playing the last 4.5 days. + I traded everything I won for more MS points!. So,...... I love CAG!!! :D. Lets hope Tropicana sort the site out so I and everyone else can get even more!.[/quote]
Your post not 10 minutes ago says you won 4000 points? I'm ditching the promo once I get the gamepack. All I want.

[quote name='Leek']Your post not 10 minutes ago says you won 4000 points? I'm ditching the promo once I get the gamepack. All I want.[/quote]
Roughly 4000 points after I traded all my winnings (i.e gamepacks/faceplate) ;). I live in the UK so anything other than MSP codes weren't much use to me.

[quote name='jaysapathy']If that's waht you have to tell yourself, sure.

I just hate greedy people.

Jay[/QUOTE]

Haha... oooo k. Well I guess people shouldn't get anything for spending hours "playing" this game... I consider if secondary income at this point since I'll be taxed for it anyways.

Also, should I stop giving away free faceplates/ gamepacks/ MS points... considering how "greedy" I and others are being. Or what about posting information for all to use... man I bet fellow CAGgers would hate that. Or wait, what about the gamepacks that I plan on donating to Child's Play? I guess I should just keep them since I'm already greedy.

Get off your high horse dude... Maybe your politician would rather hear your rant.

~Jon

[quote name='L1LNasty']any free gamepacks or faceplates? lol i just traded and all i got is 2 games so im hopin to get a gamepack with my bad luck lol :)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if you contribute to this thread and others that someone will eventually honor you with something.... but it's not really the best idea to just ask for handouts... just fyi :)

Well, according to some people over at Slickdeals, it wouldn't do any good right now anyways. They say the last time the site went down like this, all redeemed prizes were void. Have you won a gamepack?

btw... "jaysapathy" what is the difference between "breaking the rules" here, and "breaking the rules" with paypal and charging people fees who buy from you. Basically, you are forcing someone ELSE to lose.... twice. I would constitute that as "greedy" considering you are just looking out for yourself.

There's a biiiiig difference between compensating for credit card fees and being greedy with free stuff. You're the type that whines every time you have to pay taxes on a purchase, aren't you?

The contest isn't set up so people can mooch it dry and then profit from it. It disgusts me to see people winning 8+ gamepacks and bitching because EB/GameStop doesn't give anything for them. That's pathetic. If you're being honest and keeping one gamepack/VIP code/whatever and giving the rest away, more power to you. Anything more than what you're entitled to (in this case, one) is being greedy and makes you no better than the slickdeals people. It's a very black and white point, but I'm sure you'll try to argue it.

Jay

[quote name='JBlade00']btw... "jaysapathy" what is the difference between "breaking the rules" here, and "breaking the rules" with paypal and charging people fees who buy from you. Basically, you are forcing someone ELSE to lose.... twice. I would constitute that as "greedy" considering you are just looking out for yourself.[/quote]

[quote name='lilboo']Hey JBlade if you feel like being generous and non~greedy I'd love a Gamepack LOL :D[/quote]

If my VIP pack comes with one like it has in the past, I'll have one to send your way.

[quote name='Charron']If my VIP pack comes with one like it has in the past, I'll have one to send your way.[/quote]

The VIP pack comes with the gamepack.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']The VIP pack comes with the gamepack.[/quote]

I know, but you're also dealing with my luck here. :p

Luck? Uhh, you won two VIP packs.

And what the hell do you need two for? Ah yes.. Profit.

[quote name='Charron']I know, but you're also dealing with my luck here. :p[/quote]

Hey J... I know you just said not to ask for handouts, lol...but.

I played this game for the past 3 weeks - every day - 30min-2 hour sessions and I only won 300 microsoft points. I gave them away on GameFAQs. In contests.

But, hey, all I wanted to win was a gamepack, because I'd seriously love to play Forza 2. I'm just sort of low on cash these days, haha.

So yeah, sorry for looking like a beggar, but if you have a spare pack, or even just Forza 2 - it'd be put to good use here! I'll give you my Gamertag for proof that I won't trade it in right away, haha. Anyways, RIP Tropicana.

[quote name='jaysapathy']There's a biiiiig difference between compensating for credit card fees and being greedy with free stuff. You're the type that whines every time you have to pay taxes on a purchase, aren't you?

The contest isn't set up so people can mooch it dry and then profit from it. It disgusts me to see people winning 8+ gamepacks and bitching because EB/GameStop doesn't give anything for them. That's pathetic. If you're being honest and keeping one gamepack/VIP code/whatever and giving the rest away, more power to you. Anything more than what you're entitled to (in this case, one) is being greedy and makes you no better than the slickdeals people. It's a very black and white point, but I'm sure you'll try to argue it.

Jay[/quote]

You do know that charging people for those paypal fees is completely illegal, right? There's not question about it, it's illegal.

I have read the Tropicana rules, and no where does it say that creating multiple accounts is not allowed.

Basically you assume that anyone who has one 2 gamepacks is a "greedy bastard". You yourself have won at least 2 gamepacks. People have devoted time and effort into this contest and deserve to be rewarded.

Granted some people may abuse it to the extent of "hoarding" by winning a fair amount and not sharing any of it. It's simple to understand why people do not share the VIPs, they are worth too much money to be given away. But I see people giving away gamepacks, faceplates, and MS Points left and right. The generosity is outstanding.

Furthermore, who are you to be one to decide how much we are entitled to? Do you know all our financial backgrounds? " The contest isn't set up so people can mooch it dry and then profit from it." Of course the contest is going to be "mooched dry", because that's the way Tropicana wants it. They don't want excess prizes laying around, Tropicana set-up this sweepstakes for publicity, and this is what they're getting. I'm sure they've alloted enough prizes on certain days so that there is an even through throughout the contest period.

You may be sick of people "being greedy", well I'm sick of you and all your negative views. Everytime I see you post it's either to post something bad about someone or talk about hoarding. Grow up, life goes on.

[quote name='Charron']I know, but you're also dealing with my luck here. :p[/quote]talking to me? if so i pmed you please god be me i only got 2 games rent everything els lol

[quote name='Wicked One 612']You do know that charging people for those paypal fees is completely illegal, right? There's not question about it, it's illegal.
[/quote]

No, it's not. But nice try.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Basically you assume that anyone who has one 2 gamepacks is a "greedy bastard". You yourself have won at least 2 gamepacks. People have devoted time and effort into this contest and deserve to be rewarded.[/quote]

I haven't won a single gamepack. I've won a faceplate and 200 points.

As far as the rest of your blather, whether you like it or not, it really is black and white. Taking more than what you're entitled to is greed. Argue it all you like. Nobody needs two gamepacks or two VIPs. I can forgive the MS points and faceplate abuse, because they are being handed out quite frequently, but you just don't see people giving gamepacks away. Just bitching because EB isn't giving as much as they used to for them.

Being "grown up" comes with responsibility. I appear to be one of the few taking mine seriously.

Go sell a gamepack or something.

[quote name='Metalic']PM me if you want a faceplate and ----HAVENT--- won one. I only have 1 atm[/quote]

No one has PMed me for it yet. I still have a faceplate

[quote name='jaysapathy']Luck? Uhh, you won two VIP packs.

And what the hell do you need two for? Ah yes.. Profit.[/quote]

I won one. Never once said or implied I had won two. Based on everything here you're obviously just trying to be antagonistic.

[quote name='L1LNasty']talking to me? if so i pmed you please god be me i only got 2 games rent everything els lol[/quote]

Naw, was talking to lilboo, sorry.

My apologies. Your previous post somewhat implied you won more than one ("like it has in the past").

Jay

[quote name='Charron']I won one. Never once said or implied I had won two. Based on everything here you're obviously just trying to be antagonistic.

Naw, was talking to lilboo, sorry.[/quote]

In regards to the paypal fees being an infringement on their policy.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_spp
Surcharging for any PayPal payment is prohibited outside of the U.K. For a transaction to be eligible for the Seller Protection Policy within the U.K., the buyer may not be surcharged.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_payments
No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment.
"I haven't won a single gamepack."

[quote name='jaysapathy']Do you really need more than one copy of a game? You know, I don't think so. What it really comes down to is how can you profit from it? "Oooh, I'll profit from this.." I could probably have won 3-4, but I got one gamepack, and I'm fine with that. I'm sure I could trade them into GameStop, or selll them on Craigslist, but I'm happy with what I have. I'm sorry you don't agree, but don't get mad when people accuse you of hoarding. Because that's exactly what you're doing. Save some for everybody else.

Jay[/quote]
In regards to your last paragraph.

I repeat myself, who are you to determine what someone is entitled to? You can't say that nobody needs two gamepacks or VIPs. Possibly someone is giving one as a gift for the holidays. Possibly they are donating one to charity like JBlade00.

I can't account for your own experiences, but I have seen many gamepacks given away. Contrary to your own beliefs, there are good people in this world.

MS Points and faceplate abuse, huh? As I've said before, Tropicana is all about publicity. They give us these products for publicity. The contest is no harder to win due to people are playing a lot. If everyone who entered only entered once, we would have the exact same odds that we have now. I would put money on the fact that Tropicana spaces out the prizes evenly, in order for them to last until February.

[quote name='jaysapathy']No, it's not. But nice try.

I haven't won a single gamepack. I've won a faceplate and 200 points.

As far as the rest of your blather, whether you like it or not, it really is black and white. Taking more than what you're entitled to is greed. Argue it all you like. Nobody needs two gamepacks or two VIPs. I can forgive the MS points and faceplate abuse, because they are being handed out quite frequently, but you just don't see people giving gamepacks away. Just bitching because EB isn't giving as much as they used to for them.

Being "grown up" comes with responsibility. I appear to be one of the few taking mine seriously.

Go sell a gamepack or something.[/QUOTE]

greed:

An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth

Well, according to how many hours I have put into this game... I damn well deserve to keep everything I have won (which I have not, I have already given out 2 gamepacks, plenty of ms points and a ton of faceplates... and continue to do so.)

deserve:

deserve - be worthy or deserving; "You deserve a promotion after all the hard work you have done"

I would say that sitting in front of a computer for 7 hours in a day (yes I did it once when I won my first vip) "deserves" to win stuff... I consider it "work" because I am profiting from endless "data entry". I'm really sorry that you feel that you need to badger people about their "winnings" I really hope you feel better about yourself. As for taxes, the only time I whine is when I have to cut a $6K check to the IRS in april. I guess you don't consider your legislature greedy, otherwise you might put your unnecessary antagonistic "arguments" to better use. But instead you are stuck here "wasting" them on us "greedy" folk....

Also, trying to justify the paypal crap is just as bad or WORSE than what we are doing...

hypocrite:

a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Figure it out dude, no one here cares about your illegitimate complaints. You are a black sheep among people who don't care. And even if we did, we wouldn't be taking advice from such a "self-important" go-getter like yourself.

Figure it out man.

JaysApathy, I'm not sure what your motivation is to complain about anybody who has won more than once. You do realize you're not going to convince everyone to play by your rules, right?

you can win all your fancy xbox360s but did you win this nope

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Congratulations! You have been selected to receive a prize by registering in The Quahog Triangle Game, administered by ePrize.

You have won a Family Guy™ Volume Five DVD! Please see the Official Rules for further prize details and eligibility requirements. Your win has been recorded and is subject to verification. Once we have verified your eligibility, you will receive your prize 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion. It will be sent to the address you provided. The promotion ends on December 30, 2007.

No further action is required on your part. Should we need additional information from you, we will contact you at this email address.

For a complete set of Rules for this promotion, please visit http://subway.eprize.net/familyguy/?page=rules

Please refer to them for any questions you may have. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Prize Fulfillment Services by replying to this email. Please be sure to keep the original subject line.

Congratulations again and thank you for your continued patronage of SUBWAY®.
[/FONT]

[quote name='bwilso80']you can win all your fancy xbox360s but did you win this nope

[/FONT]
Congratulations! You have been selected to receive a prize by registering in The Quahog Triangle Game, administered by ePrize.

You have won a Family Guy™ Volume Five DVD! Please see the Official Rules for further prize details and eligibility requirements. Your win has been recorded and is subject to verification. Once we have verified your eligibility, you will receive your prize 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion. It will be sent to the address you provided. The promotion ends on December 30, 2007.

No further action is required on your part. Should we need additional information from you, we will contact you at this email address.

For a complete set of Rules for this promotion, please visit http://subway.eprize.net/familyguy/?page=rules

Please refer to them for any questions you may have. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Prize Fulfillment Services by replying to this email. Please be sure to keep the original subject line.

[/FONT][/quote]

Alright, congrats. But just because it's your first win doesn't mean you have to gloat about it ;).

[quote name='bwilso80']you can win all your fancy xbox360s but did you win this nope

[/FONT]

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'll trade you a gamepack and a bunch of points for that once you get it :)

[quote name='JBlade00']I'll trade you a gamepack and a bunch of points for that once you get it :)[/quote]

God I love Family Guy, I don't think I can wait until Christmas for it.

[quote name='JBlade00']you have to use the [email protected], [email protected] trick... use a 1 digit password... don't change the username... ALWAYS use register... always hit back twice[/quote]
Just so Im clear, you always register a new account, never reusing an old one?

I created a bunch of accounts and just reused them. Problem is the web site gets all funky at times if you dont "properly" logout. After I entered the captcha, it took me back to the initial window and then acted like I already played. I never found out if I won or not (odds are I didnt) and I never got even the reused 48 hour live code.

(edit) looks like Im not the only one having a problem. This web site is uber buggy and weird. I can log in but the site still asks me to "sign in". I remember I set up an account with a legit email address of mine and it would never, ever, ever take it. I registed it 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back