TRU: $10 Gift Card OFFER with $1.99 Kid's Meal Purchase at Wendy's

ElvinWasHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Got this via e-mail. Though, there's not that many Wendy's here in Los Angeles anyways.

EDIT: Valid with purchase of $75 or more

k9u92t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This should come in handy for Christmas shopping for the kids, or for those that are looking to do the buy one get one %50 off at TRU this week.

I'm a little confused myself. So,you get this 1.99 kids meal, then we get, pretty much, a coupon for $10 off $75 or more? Am I reading into this right?

I've gotten a couple of these coupons from Wendy's, but haven't used them yet. Haven't been any notable deals to stack them with.

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']Got this via e-mail. Though, there's not that many Wendy's here in Los Angeles anyways.

EDIT: Valid with purchase of $75 or more

k9u92t.jpg
[/QUOTE]

They have emailed me a billion $10 off $75 "OFFER"s in the last couple of weeks. All one has to do is sign up for TRU's mailing list. They, automatically, put me on it.

It's not valid on games, etc. so unless you still need to do Christmas shopping for little Jamiroquai's Transformers Figures, this is largely useless.

Also a Wendy's near me had these just lying at the register. Its a silly fold out paper.

[quote name='nnthomas']It's not valid on games[/QUOTE]

I've noticed a lot of offers like this specifically exclude games, and not just at TRU. Best Buy, KMart, etc. all do it.

And here I was excited until I read the fine print. I still need to get some gifts for the nephews and a free $10 isn't bad if this can stack with a sale.

[quote name='morrodox']I've noticed a lot of offers like this specifically exclude games, and not just at TRU. Best Buy, KMart, etc. all do it.[/QUOTE]

It is because after the game is shipped to the store it costs the store about $45 dollars. So $15 isn't a large profit on a game that might sell 10 copies and take the space of a hot selling toy.

My newspaper is filled with "gift cards" every Sunday. All you have to do is go to a store, select the item the "gift card" is good for and they will take the "gift card" value off of the price.

Many people also call them coupons, but gift card just sounds so much better.

Seriously, it seems like Toys 'R Us could get some flack for the poor wording. Also, coupons like this at Toys R Us are not too hard to come by.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']My newspaper is filled with "gift cards" every Sunday. All you have to do is go to a store, select the item the "gift card" is good for and they will take the "gift card" value off of the price.

Many people also call them coupons, but gift card just sounds so much better.

Seriously, it seems like Toys 'R Us could get some flack for the poor wording. Also, coupons like this at Toys R Us are not too hard to come by.[/QUOTE]

"Gift Card" sounds better because it is. "Gift Card" means that it works like currency in the store. This is just typical deceptive marketing if it has significant exclusions and conditions.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']They have emailed me a billion $10 off $75 "OFFER"s in the last couple of weeks. All one has to do is sign up for TRU's mailing list. They, automatically, put me on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, read the fine print as all the coupons I get e-mailed from them almost always exclude video games and video game hardware.

bread's done
Back