TRU 12+1 xbox live clamshell $22.99 YMMV (probably just regional) Met, La.

fadersdream

CAGiversary!
the toys r us in metairie Louisiana has 12+1 xbox live cards for $23 dollars, bought 2 friday and there was a bunch left (didn't want to be THAT GUY who snatched them all up).

I can confirm these 12+1 XBL cards are $22.99. I bought 2 last week here in Phoenix, AZ.

Like you I was tempted to get another one, but I figured I'll leave the last 2 for someone else to enjoy.

You know, I'm pretty surprised that with the recent official price increase in Live, we're seeing sporadic yet consistent sales on 12-month cards. Not that this is a TRU-wide sale, but still.

[quote name='fadersdream']the toys r us in metairie Louisiana has 12+1 xbox live cards for $23 dollars, bought 2 friday and there was a bunch left (didn't want to be THAT GUY who snatched them all up).[/QUOTE]

luckily i have no problem being that guy--grabbed all 11 that were left -
don't need them as im set for 3 years
but im sure ill make a nice profit off these on ebay again thanks op ;)

nah im in chicago so im b.s--but you should pick a few of them if you have the extra cash an sell them here to fellow cagers for $35-im sure people would buy them and appreciate it.

just bought 2 black op ones from best buy for $40--fucked up thing is there is a toys r us like 3 block down from there--i should have stopped in there instead, maybe i would have gotten lucky

[quote name='PapiChullo']Gonna check the TRU by me. What's a clamshell though? They look different from the normal cards?[/QUOTE]

Clamshell is just the cards in the plastic packaging. Could be that they're trying to clearance them?

Whoa. I found the same thing at my local store. I thought they were leftover cards from however long ago. Got two though.

Where are the clamshell live cards generally located in the store? Behind the counter or out in an aisle somewhere? I didn't see any when i stopped by earlier but I had to make it a quick stop so I might have missed them. Ty in advance.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']If you wanna pick one up for me TC I'll give you $35 shipped :lol:[/QUOTE]
I'll check today and let you know.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Clamshell is just the cards in the plastic packaging. Could be that they're trying to clearance them?[/QUOTE]

These are indeed on clearance. Been mentioned several times in the TRU clearance thread. Very YMMV on finding them at this point. Most stores are wiped out. But very nice find if you do find them. Price should be national, but ONLY on the old clamshell cards. The newer cards that are activated at the register are still full-price.

I will check my local TRU this weekend. If there are any I'll put a few up for CAGs, keep a few for myself. Thanks for the heads up!

will have to check out on my way home. they just rebuilt a giant Toys R Us by me. I'll hope they have some of this old inventory

[quote name='ftlee']If I call TRU to check availability what do I ask them for?[/QUOTE]

Tell them the price and ask if they'd be willing to buy all the remaining stock for themselves.

[quote name='fadersdream']you never call. it kills deals and alerts staff to buy before anyone else gets a chance.[/QUOTE]

You never call and ask about the PRICE. I just called to ask for the card with the plastic packaging for a gift, and they were OOS.

I'm only near a TRU express, I'm not even sure they have XBL cards there, and I don't want to call and ask, might tip em off.

I checked three stores. They are all out even with the old $49.99 12 month card. I guess. MS just collected all them back.

[quote name='fadersdream']the toys r us in metairie Louisiana has 12+1 xbox live cards for $23 dollars, bought 2 friday and there was a bunch left (didn't want to be THAT GUY who snatched them all up).[/QUOTE]

The TRU on Veterans Blvd, correct? If they still have them in stock, I'd love to get two cards (one for a friend and another as a back up card when my Gold expires in 2012). :)

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']If you wanna pick one up for me TC I'll give you $35 shipped :lol:[/QUOTE]
I GOT ONE FOR YOU.

message me.

so i have an extra one if someone wants to buy it ($35).

...and there are two more left at TRU in metairie. i still can't bring myself to buy them all up, i hate when people do that. Just bought them to help cags (an make a minor profit i guess, stupid TRU line depleted my generosity).

Yeah I got one last Fri (12). Jackson, MS. I started to buy more but not sure if I am going to move to the xbox live family pack. There were plenty. Probably not after this post.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I've found these at my Tru for the same price as well. I can swing by tomorrow and pick some up if any one wants one.[/QUOTE]
i could might be interested in this

[quote name='fadersdream']so i have an extra one if someone wants to buy it ($35).

...and there are two more left at TRU in metairie. i still can't bring myself to buy them all up, i hate when people do that. Just bought them to help cags (an make a minor profit i guess, stupid TRU line depleted my generosity).[/QUOTE]

I'll take it if it's still available, my account expires in a couple weeks.

[quote name='brett2007']I'll take it if it's still available, my account expires in a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

trying to send it, but getting a message back saying your inbox is full. will try again in the morning.

bread's done
Back