TRU 15% coupon off $150 purchases, stacks w/ Paypal 20% rebate

jtdragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just use coupon code TRUFRIENDFAMILY, expires 12/1 at midnight EST. Excludes consoles. Anybody got any suggestions? I'm thinking XBL points for all that Rock Band downloadable content...

this is what i was waiting for... i used my $25 GC from mario and combined both promotions to get Uncharted, Call of Duty 4, and College Hoops 2k8 for $143-20% cash back= $115 with shipping and tax..

The problem is the sales tax and shipping on the MS points makes it only an OK deal. Sales tax shouldnt be applied to MS points yet it is...

they screwed up my B2G1 deal so no more TRU for me, ugh

good deal for everyone else

I think its dead. I keep trying to place more orders and its saying the code is invalid. But maybe im retarded? I did get one order in that did work early this morning.

Still works, just placed my order. Tax and shipping make it borderline great deal. But what really SUCKS is that conveniently the special edition Rock Band and the Guitar hero games with guitars are all "temporarily unavailable" online. :razz: Oh well, picked up Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed and NFS:pS like a B2G1F sale altogether.

update: the stinking bastards have canceled my order!! My ENTIRE order! How in the world does that happen? It's not like the games I ordered are out of stock. Oh man am I annoyed now.

i can't get it to work....

Your order does not meet the requirements for this promotion. Please use a valid credit card number to pay for your order total.

Shipping and tax killed the deal for me. I used the paypal promo on overstock and saved the same amount. Plus I could spend $50 less if I wanted to.

Well I consider tax a given since I live in NY and there's always that tax. Shipping made it a decent deal since it cost about $6 for shipping to me... still it's better than the $10 BB coupon I've been spamming.

Apparently it is not stackable as Paypal becomes not an option if I use the 15% off (it gives me an error when I try to finalize indicating that Paypal IS NOT AVAILABLE)

Who's eating the 20% on deals like this or the Google Checkout thing? The retailer, or the 3rd party payor?

If it is the 3rd party payor, then there's really no reason for the retailer to not allow you to stack them, since they (TRU in this case) are only "out" their 15%.

Grand Total: $140.97 newegg.com with no discount, no tax. free shippng
Estimated Total: $144.40 toysrus after discount and taxes and shipping

Looks like im better off getting the games i was going to buy from newegg.

[quote name='wouldyoukindly']The 15% has a minimum of $150.[/quote]

ah, forgot about that....

however, the fact that they delete your order afterward is quite mind boggling... anybody else's order got deleted with the 15% coupon applied?

[quote name='Serpentor']so, does this 15% coupon stack with PayPal's 20% or not?[/QUOTE]

No, it won't allow you to pay with Paypal if it is activated.

It'd be nice if they would simply state at one of the checkout screens, "You can not pay using PayPal while also using the 15% off code." Instead they make it sound like PayPal isn't working just now, try again later and it should be.

Anyways...I've got a $50 GC from SMG, so I figure I might as well get 1 game anyways. I'd rather have 20% off of $115 than off of $15, but oh well.

Against my better judgment I went ahead and ordered a bunch of MS points... It looks like it works to me - using both 15% off and 20% paypal cash back. 8x 1600 MS Points. 4 of those will be Ebay I suppose...

[quote name='aktick']It'd be nice if they would simply state at one of the checkout screens, "You can not pay using PayPal while also using the 15% off code." Instead they make it sound like PayPal isn't working just now, try again later and it should be.

Anyways...I've got a $50 GC from SMG, so I figure I might as well get 1 game anyways. I'd rather have 20% off of $115 than off of $15, but oh well.[/quote]

I just had the deal go through. The 15% is taken off the 150 or more order and then it seems the paypal cash back is applied. It does work though to have both active, I just think that paypal is so busy because of the deal.

[quote name='Lsgun1']I can stack the discounts as well.[/quote]

How does stacking discounts work, exactly? Is it 15% of the total, then 20% of the new total? Or is it 35% of the total? And am I right in assuming that these discounts are applied before tax and shipping? I might go ahead and get a PSP if this works out.

[quote name='imaramman']How does stacking discounts work, exactly? Is it 15% of the total, then 20% of the new total? Or is it 35% of the total? And am I right in assuming that these discounts are applied before tax and shipping? I might go ahead and get a PSP if this works out.[/quote]

The 15% excludes consoles

[quote name='jtdragon']The 15% excludes consoles[/quote]

Awww, man... The 20% isn't excluded though, right?

[quote name='LiK']they screwed up my B2G1 deal so no more TRU for me, ugh

good deal for everyone else[/quote]
i got screwed over at TRU over the $25 gc too but this is 35% off with paypal :hot:, I will no longer shop at a specific TRU but others and online is still somewhat okay. I'm avoiding TRU but if they have good steals I can't say I'll resist.

----------------------------
The 15% excludes gift cards and consoles. Paypal's 20% cash back can be applied to consoles. However, beware of shipping. I put in 1 game for ps2 and they're charging $7!

[quote name='MorPhiend']I can't get Rock Band online. :(

Is the 15% available B&M?[/quote]

You can only use the code online, unless they're mailing out coupons.

Is 20% still working? I cannot seem to get it to show up on TRU any more. I can use PayPal is appears, but where does the 20% show up at?

Well that kind of pisses me off that it started working later in the day yesterday...I ended up just using my $50 GC for Ratchet & Clank and then the 20% off PayPal (saving a whopping $3).

TRU is no longer a part of the 20% cash back promotion, fyi.

Edit: and yes, I finally get it to work when it breaks. Go figure.

...i work there and those coupons come out tomorrow for all the employees friends and family....so basically YOU arent technically supposed to know about it thats why they are canceling your orders....i dont know about the paypal thing though.

bread's done
Back