TRU $15 GC with purchase of L.A. NOIRE

Vegatron

CAGiversary!
Like the title says, you get a $15 TRU gift card when you buy L.A. NOIRE, pretty sure its all week, starting Tuesday 5/17. Sorry if this posted already

Last edited by a moderator:
will bb match TRU's GC promotion or is it ymmv? i would like to purchase at bb cuz i can play on the first day and it is my first choice.

To get BBY to PM TRU, could I just show them the TRU site? Will the $45 price be instore only or online as well because I don't how they'd PM it @ $45

The one issue about the Best Buy which may pose some problems is technically Best Buy does not price adjust Best Buy online purchases against other retailers and that is what a preorder is (unless they take the preorder in store which they don't do for every game).

[quote name='Capocci 007']So wait, if I preorder this from best buy, does the $10 bonus deduct from my LA Noire purchase, or will it just be $10 that goes on my rewards zone account that I can use for a future purchase?

Also, I too am wondering how to preorder from best buy. Can I go to the store and do it?

To simplify what I'm asking.... here... Basically, would it be, LA Noire= $60 - $15 from Tru PM = $45 - $10 from preorder = $35?
OR, $60- $15= $45 / with $10 being seperate for a future purcase.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. I want to trade in a game ($30 BB GC value) and use that towards LA Noire which would make it $60 - $20 ((from K-Mart PM) = $40 - $10 pre-order = $30 - $30 from GC = $0. Would this work? Will they allow me to use the $10 credit from pre-order on the game? Getting a GOTY candidate free would be amazing.

[quote name='xFate']I'd like to know this as well. I want to trade in a game ($30 BB GC value) and use that towards LA Noire which would make it $60 - $20 ((from K-Mart PM) = $40 - $10 pre-order = $30 - $30 from GC = $0. Would this work? Will they allow me to use the $10 credit from pre-order on the game? Getting a GOTY candidate free would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever had luck with BB matching a K-Mart coupon? I can't imagine a world where that would happen since it's not an instant discount or a gift card. I think that would be your biggest snag.

[quote name='xFate']I'd like to know this as well. I want to trade in a game ($30 BB GC value) and use that towards LA Noire which would make it $60 - $20 ((from K-Mart PM) = $40 - $10 pre-order = $30 - $30 from GC = $0. Would this work? Will they allow me to use the $10 credit from pre-order on the game? Getting a GOTY candidate free would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the $10 RZ credit only post after the return period? Also, I think using gift cards negate the extra $10 RZ credit (but not the usual amount of RZ points you'd get). I really hope I'm wrong about this, though, as I have a pretty significant amount trapped in BBY GCs right now...

[quote name='chriscolbert']I still think that the K-Mart deal is king here. In case some of you missed it, not only do you get a $20 coupon, you get any other game up to $19.99 for free instantly. There is a new list of price drops going into effect tomorrow and there's lots of great stuff $19.99 and less.

This is an effort to clear out old games so you can't just take $20 off newer games or points cards. The game has to be $19.99 or less. More details can be found in the K-Mart thread.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see this? I tried searching for it on K-Mart's website and the most I could find is the 20$ GC deal with the purchase of L.A. Noire or Brink.. said nothing of the free 20$ game. It would be nice though, but I have a feeling they wouldn't mention any of that in store unless I showed some kind of proof. Thanks.

[quote name='IronZombie']Where did you see this? I tried searching for it on K-Mart's website and the most I could find is the 20$ GC deal with the purchase of L.A. Noire or Brink.. said nothing of the free 20$ game. It would be nice though, but I have a feeling they wouldn't mention any of that in store unless I showed some kind of proof. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's being discussed in the official K-Mart thread run by the K-Mart employee in charge of their promotions. It won't be official until probably Wednesday but the stores are usually clueless. The best advice I can give is just don't mention it and hand them your games and let the register do the rest. Trust me, this is the only way. :D

[quote name='chriscolbert']not only do you get a $20 coupon, you get any other game up to $19.99 for free instantly[/QUOTE]I'll save $20 off the game $15 upfront & when it goes on sale to $40 I can pm it again to get the extra $5 back spend that on the $20 game+ I still have the $10 credit and RZ points, 25% bonus on RZ points & gamers club.

[quote name='Daring']how do i preorder from bestbuy to get the $10 giftcard. do i preorder from my rewardzone acct/online or do i have to go in the brick/mortar store and place my preorder.[/QUOTE] instore:use the game kiosk it $5 down pay the rest when u p/u the game. Online: they charge the whole amount when the game ships or is ready for instore p/u.

[quote name='Capocci 007']So wait, if I preorder this from best buy, does the $10 bonus deduct from my LA Noire purchase, or will it just be $10 that goes on my rewards zone account that I can use for a future purchase?
Also, I too am wondering how to preorder from best buy. Can I go to the store and do it?
To simplify what I'm asking.... here... Basically, would it be, LA Noire= $60 - $15 from Tru PM = $45 - $10 from preorder = $35?
OR, $60- $15= $45 / with $10 being seperate for a future purcase.[/QUOTE]
$10 in your RZ account it 30-35 days, pre-order ? Listed above

[quote name='heyheyhey11']will bb match TRU's GC promotion or is it ymmv? i would like to purchase at bb cuz i can play on the first day and it is my first choice.[/QUOTE]
Not YMMV it's policy either the exact match & give a $15 BB gc or deduct $15 from the game. If they don't report them to BB Corp. if you need help pm me I'll assist.
[quote name='scarhawk']To get BBY to PM TRU, could I just show them the TRU site? Will the $45 price be instore only or online as well because I don't how they'd PM it @ $45[/QUOTE]
They should pm instore with the TRU physical ad or online link you just gotta prove the actual sale & that it's current when you purchase.
[quote name='thelwig14']The one issue about the Best Buy which may pose some problems is technically Best Buy does not price adjust Best Buy online purchases against other retailers and that is what a preorder is (unless they take the preorder in store which they don't do for every game).[/QUOTE]
when you p/u the game instore you can pm using your smartphone or the ad pre-order or not.

$10 pre-order won't post for 30-35 days in the RZ account.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Have you ever had luck with BB matching a K-Mart coupon? I can't imagine a world where that would happen since it's not an instant discount or a gift card. I think that would be your biggest
snag.[/QUOTE]
Very YMMV I get crazy pm's but this is always a no go.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Doesn't the $10 RZ credit only post after the return period? Also, I think using gift cards negate the extra $10 RZ credit (but not the usual amount of RZ points you'd get). I really hope I'm wrong about this, though, as I have a pretty significant amount trapped in BBY GCs right now...[/QUOTE] correct pre-order post in 30-35 days. Pay $5 cash for the pre-order to get the $10 pre-order bonus & pay anyway you want for the remaining balance.

I went to GS instead as it was closer. I signed up for their rewards thing as I thought it was a good deal and me and my buddy can use it. Also utilized the 25% bonus. Traded off KZ3 ($36.45), GT5 ($29.50), COD4 ($9.45), and RDR ($20.50). Didn't know GS didn't charge you tax if you traded in games, so it was paid off. Also, I got a free poster, some extra DLC case, a piano gun, think the Broderick suit as well. All will be sold on eBay, this this deal triumphs all deals!

[quote name='Fireshooter']I went to GS instead as it was closer. I signed up for their rewards thing as I thought it was a good deal and me and my buddy can use it. Also utilized the 25% bonus. Traded off KZ3 ($36.45), GT5 ($29.50), COD4 ($9.45), and RDR ($20.50). Didn't know GS didn't charge you tax if you traded in games, so it was paid off. Also, I got a free poster, some extra DLC case, a piano gun, think the Broderick suit as well. All will be sold on eBay, this this deal triumphs all deals![/QUOTE]

When did you go to Gamestop to preorder? I thought you could only get that stuff if you preordered by April 30th

[quote name='vc318']Will Best Buy pricematch the Kmart deal with the $20 giftcard?[/QUOTE]

Isnt it a "Gaming Coupon" not a Gift Card. I dont think they would, those sort of offers dont even show up on thier site/ad. Unless the employee would call and verify over the phone.

Then again, i only tried it once. (Might be YMMV or something)

[quote name='scarhawk']When did you go to Gamestop to preorder? I thought you could only get that stuff if you preordered by April 30th[/QUOTE]

I went in the 29th, but I spoke with one of the employees and told them I forgot to trade in some games and he scanned in all the games for me. So the coupons stacked.

[quote name='Enuf']$10 pre-order credit(500 bonus points) not sure what skins or dlc
If BB doesn't have a gc offer at the time of purchase they deduct the value off the $60 instead of giving the $15 BB gc.[/QUOTE]

Do I pre-order from BB now and than try to get them to price match?

[quote name='vc318']Will Best Buy pricematch the Kmart deal with the $20 giftcard?[/QUOTE]
they would if it were a giftcard instead of a gaming coupon. YMMV on the coupon.
[quote name='Erathaol']Do I pre-order from BB now and than try to get them to price match?[/QUOTE]
yeah you gotta pre-order no matter what to get the $10 RZ bonus they'll only take $5 for the pre-order. Once you come to p/u the game that's when you price match.

[quote name='Enuf']they would if it were a giftcard instead of a gaming coupon. YMMV on the coupon.[/quote]

Oh, okay. Thanks.

yeah you gotta pre-order no matter what to get the $10 RZ bonus they'll only take $5 for the pre-order. Once you come to p/u the game that's when you price match.

Gosh, the Walmart deal sounds good too considering that I still have a GC with them. Only thing is they can't promise the delivery of the game until almost a week after the launch date. Not sure what to do. If anything, I'll probably have to pre-order at BB today.

[quote name='chriscolbert']It's being discussed in the official K-Mart thread run by the K-Mart employee in charge of their promotions. It won't be official until probably Wednesday but the stores are usually clueless. The best advice I can give is just don't mention it and hand them your games and let the register do the rest. Trust me, this is the only way. :D[/QUOTE]
lol I suppose I could try that. The only thing I'm worried about is that I might show up at the register with L.A. Noire and a 20$ game and they'll charge me for both.

Also, you said it won't be official until Wednesday. Would it matter if I go on Tuesday next week? (17th) I'll give it a shot though. Worse that's gonna happen is they'll try to charge me for both and I'll opt out of it.

LANoire_Preorder_20110510_03.jpg

Just received an e-mail from BB trying to lure me with their newest deal of a $10 GC and in-game content does this negate any chance of pm'ing the TRU $15 GC as they are now offering one of their own or will they just increase the value of their GC by $5 when you complete the purchase?

[quote name='theyoungfreshone']

Just received an e-mail from BB trying to lure me with their newest deal of a $10 GC and in-game content does this negate any chance of pm'ing the TRU $15 GC as they are now offering one of their own or will they just increase the value of their GC by $5 when you complete the purchase?[/QUOTE]

Makes it more YMMV i think. I had a similar issue with the 3DS launch (Trying to get them to PM TRU). Im pretty sure the policy for all stores is to "Give the better deal", but the manager here kept saying "Its either one deal or the other" then after choosing TRU's deal told me "Sorry, but our deal cant be changed.

Then again, a quick call to corporate fixed them up.

[quote name='IronZombie']lol I suppose I could try that. The only thing I'm worried about is that I might show up at the register with L.A. Noire and a 20$ game and they'll charge me for both.

Also, you said it won't be official until Wednesday. Would it matter if I go on Tuesday next week? (17th) I'll give it a shot though. Worse that's gonna happen is they'll try to charge me for both and I'll opt out of it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't clarify. The promotion details should be finalized by this Wednesday (tomorrow) but the deal would be live on Tuesday (the 17th).

Yeah if it doesn't ring right you can just say no thanks. The rep in the K-Mart thread does always make good when promotions don't ring right by sending out gift cards to those that email him a receipt scan but if you don't normally go to K-Mart that might not be appealing enough to still go through with it.

[quote name='theyoungfreshone']

Just received an e-mail from BB trying to lure me with their newest deal of a $10 GC and in-game content does this negate any chance of pm'ing the TRU $15 GC as they are now offering one of their own or will they just increase the value of their GC by $5 when you complete the purchase?[/QUOTE]

Per policy they'll increase the giftcard to $5, sucks in a way but I'll just price match a $40 sale w/i 45 days & still have the $25 in credit($15 gc/$10 pre-order). Would rather save upfront but you can't get everything upfront all the time.

[quote name='dgwillia006']So basically....you can get the 25$ Credit, and still be able to PM if theres a price drop? O_O
Thats pretty awesome....[/QUOTE]
"when" there's a price drop no longer if lol if we've learned anything from the insane fast Portal 2 & MK price drops/sales even when games sell there's still sales. The only game that hasn't is ME2 for PS3 so I'm waiting till I see a deal that'll benefit me when paying full retail for that one. Kmart has been the my main pm'd store with TRU being 2nd.

[quote name='Fireshooter']I went to GS instead as it was closer. I signed up for their rewards thing as I thought it was a good deal and me and my buddy can use it. Also utilized the 25% bonus. Traded off KZ3 ($36.45), GT5 ($29.50), COD4 ($9.45), and RDR ($20.50). Didn't know GS didn't charge you tax if you traded in games, so it was paid off. Also, I got a free poster, some extra DLC case, a piano gun, think the Broderick suit as well. All will be sold on eBay, this this deal triumphs all deals![/QUOTE]

What poster?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Sorry I didn't clarify. The promotion details should be finalized by this Wednesday (tomorrow) but the deal would be live on Tuesday (the 17th).

Yeah if it doesn't ring right you can just say no thanks. The rep in the K-Mart thread does always make good when promotions don't ring right by sending out gift cards to those that email him a receipt scan but if you don't normally go to K-Mart that might not be appealing enough to still go through with it.[/QUOTE]

Well I have one about 6 miles from my house so I figure it's alright if I take a trip over there if it means a free game out of it. Gives me a chance to play something I would've otherwise not spent 20$ on since it's free and they do give the gift card/gaming coupon so that's pretty good. I'll give it a shot thanks for the news.

[quote name='Enuf']Per policy they'll increase the giftcard to $5, sucks in a way but I'll just price match a $40 sale w/i 45 days & still have the $25 in credit($15 gc/$10 pre-order). Would rather save upfront but you can't get everything upfront all the time.[/QUOTE]

So, since there is not the GC, then it will show as a GC, and that you paid 60 for it, so a price drop within 45 days lets you get that price matched also?

What if there was no GC offer at BB, and they were just reducing the price 15 dollars to 45 bucks? Would they only PM a deal that was less than 45 bucks (not sure if I worded that right, but like if TRU puts it on sale for 50, would they do anything?)

[quote name='HostileApostles']Either way, you can't beat Amazon on this deal.[/QUOTE]
$59.99 + $15 credit @ amazon
$63.58 + $25 credit($15 giftcard + $10 pre-order) w/TRU $15 gc pm @ BB

$42.38 after a $40 price match w/i 45 days + $25 credit my local BB will adjust the receipt on return & give me back the full $20 cash back even though I got a gc, YMMV but I shop this BB alot.
Plus I get 50 RZ points after my 25% bonus is added
And I only need to spend $110 to receive another $10 RZ cert. thru gamers club.
Amazon would have to add $10 in credit but that still wouldn't get the $20 back.

[quote name='DerClaw']So, since there is not the GC, then it will show as a GC, and that you paid 60 for it, so a price drop within 45 days lets you get that price matched also?
What if there was no GC offer at BB, and they were just reducing the price 15 dollars to 45 bucks? Would they only PM a deal that was less than 45 bucks (not sure if I worded that right, but like if TRU puts it on sale for 50, would they do anything?)[/QUOTE]
Here's an current example,
1-Brink will cost me $45($60-$15 TRU gc) & I get a $10 pre-order bonus. The receipt will say "Reg $59.99 $15 DISC" not "price adjustment" so if Brink goes on sale for $40 w/i 30 days(45 if RZ silver) you can come back & price match again & get the $5 back.
2-If Brink was on sale for $50 w/o a gc the receipt would say "Reg. $59.99 $10 DISC" & if it went on sale for $40 again like in 1 you could still get $10 back.

[quote name='Enuf']$59.99 + $15 credit @ amazon
$63.58 + $25 credit($15 giftcard + $10 pre-order) w/TRU $15 gc pm @ BB

$42.38 after a $40 price match w/i 45 days + $25 credit my local BB will adjust the receipt on return & give me back the full $20 cash back even though I got a gc, YMMV but I shop this BB alot.
Plus I get 50 RZ points after my 25% bonus is added
And I only need to spend $110 to receive another $10 RZ cert. thru gamers club.
Amazon would have to add $10 in credit but that still wouldn't get the $20 back.

Here's an current example,
1-Brink will cost me $45($60-$15 TRU gc) & I get a $10 pre-order bonus. The receipt will say "Reg $59.99 $15 DISC" not "price adjustment" so if Brink goes on sale for $40 w/i 30 days(45 if RZ silver) you can come back & price match again & get the $5 back.
2-If Brink was on sale for $50 w/o a gc the receipt would say "Reg. $59.99 $10 DISC" & if it went on sale for $40 again like in 1 you could still get $10 back.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't seem to match with what you say above? (In other words, how are you getting the 20 cash back when it goes on sale for 40?)

If the game is 59.99 and I get a 15 dollar GC, it looks like THEN if the game goes on sale for 39.99, I can go back to BB and get a 20 dollar Price Match, correct? And this is because BB is now offering a 10 dollar GC, which means they will just increase that to match the TRU GC. (so presuming a later 39.99 sale on the game - and ignoring the 10 dollar preorder credit - under this example my total price will be 24.99 plus tax - if I consider a GC a reduction in total price)

If BB was not offering a GC, then it looks like if the game was 59.99 and TRU was offering the 15 dollar GC, then BB would just discount the game 15 dollars, meaning that if it goes on sale for 39.99, I can get a PM, but only for an additional 5 dollars, right? (so presuming a later 39.99 sale on the game - and ignoring the 10 dollar preorder credit - under this example my total price will be 39.99 plus tax)

Sorry if this is silly, but I'm trying to make sure I understand the policy, since I imagine I'll need to explain it to somebody at BB at some point.

B/C BB is offering a gc w/LA Noire they won't deduct the $15 of the $60 price they just increase the BB gc by $5($10 to $15). So you'll end up paying $59.99 + tax & you'll received the $10 pre-order bonus. When the game goes on sale for $40 elsewhere you then get back the $20(my BB will adjust the offer so I get the full cash back not just $5 YMMV) & you still have the $10 pre-order credit(30-35 days in the RZ account)

BB isn't offering a gc for Brink so you'll pay $45($15 TRU gc deducted) & get the $10 pre-order credit the same way as with LA Noire & when this goes on sale for $40 they'll give you the $5 back plus you still have the $10 credit.
Doing a pm won't cost you the $10 pre-order credit UNLESS you pre-order online, do in-store p/u & then price match b/c they'll have to do a return/rebuy. 1 phone call will get you the pre-order back though it just adds another step.
Does this help?

[quote name='Enuf']B/C BB is offering a gc w/LA Noire they won't deduct the $15 of the $60 price they just increase the BB gc by $5($10 to $15). So you'll end up paying $59.99 + tax & you'll received the $10 pre-order bonus. When the game goes on sale for $40 elsewhere you then get back the $20(my BB will adjust the offer so I get the full cash back not just $5 YMMV) & you still have the $10 pre-order credit(30-35 days in the RZ account)

BB isn't offering a gc for Brink so you'll pay $45($15 TRU gc deducted) & get the $10 pre-order credit the same way as with LA Noire & when this goes on sale for $40 they'll give you the $5 back plus you still have the $10 credit.
Doing a pm won't cost you the $10 pre-order credit UNLESS you pre-order online, do in-store p/u & then price match b/c they'll have to do a return/rebuy. 1 phone call will get you the pre-order back though it just adds another step.
Does this help?[/QUOTE]

I think so. Sort of wonky. Sounds like getting them to PM as if the GC doesn't exist is due to the fact of you have a charisma of infinity. It's good to know that that is possible though.

I have a question for you guys.. I don't normally shop at Kmart for video games and I'm wondering what the difference is between a gift card and their "gaming coupons".. can it be used as a gift card? Also, can I used it on the same day as I receive it or is there a hold on it for 24 hours like there is with TRU gift cards? I would hate to have to drive back to the store on a different day, it's pretty far from my house.

Kmart game coupons work like a gift card as long as it's used on gaming products, but they don't activate for six days.

Does anybody know if the $10 Gift Card applies to pre-orders that have already been placed? I placed my order online and haven't received an email or anything about getting an extra gift card.

Contrary to what I previously said about the K-mart deal potentially trumping the Best Buy deal, I think my stance has changed. Though thanks largely in part to BB stepping up their game.

But when breaking it down, BB is now offering;

-$10 RZ Pre-order bonus
-$15 Gift Card with purchase
-Sharpshooter suit DLC code
-"Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case DLC Pack Upon Release*
-Midnight Release (in my area)

*Contingent on me being one of the first 16 people who show up for the midnight release but I think there's a decent chance of that. Also, depending on when it's released as well as the price of the DLC pack there could be more savings right there.

Getting to play games at midnight hasn't been all that enticing for me lately but considering that the Playstation Network is down I bet like many others this will be carrying me for the next couple of weeks until May 31st when PSN gets back up and running. I've heard it has no multiplayer so PSN being down is really a moot point but the fact that everyone pretty much has been campaigning for the past month or so this will be the hottest thing around and I've been really looking forward to this for a while.

So, considering the K-mart offer won't be available until approximately 12 hours later (when the store opens the next morning), the hour-long trip to and from K-mart being a bit of a hassle to say the least, and having to suffer through a hasty timeframe to redeem the $20 gaming coupon (see below) and ultimately the financial savings don't really amount to very much if anything anymore.

[quote name='IronZombie']I have a question for you guys.. I don't normally shop at Kmart for video games and I'm wondering what the difference is between a gift card and their "gaming coupons".. can it be used as a gift card? Also, can I used it on the same day as I receive it or is there a hold on it for 24 hours like there is with TRU gift cards? I would hate to have to drive back to the store on a different day, it's pretty far from my house.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LF2']Kmart game coupons work like a gift card as long as it's used on gaming products, but they don't activate for six days.[/QUOTE]

Allow me to elaborate:

K-mart Gift Cards can be used on anything in the store while K-mart "Gaming Coupons" can only be applied towards a gaming purchase (practically anything video game related i.e. hardware, software, accessories, etc.) However, they typically expire after about a month so there's a limited window to cash in unlike a gift card which do not have an expiration date. Also, the gaming coupons don't activate until the following Sunday which is 5 days later. The reason for this is because the gaming coupons are "weekly ad" deals generally offered during the first week of a newly released game. Games typically release on Tuesdays and the gaming coupon offers will be available until Saturday. A new weekly ad will commence on Sunday, which is when your gaming coupon will be activated and new games (as well as deals) will arrive on Tuesday.

Be careful when committing to the gaming coupon frenzy because they don't activate until the following week and are only good for a month so combine that with the fact that they can only be applied towards video games and it's safe to say you should map out in advance what games (if any) you are looking forward to redeeming it on within that time period.

Oh, and also consider that a $20 gaming coupon must be applied to a gaming purchase of $20 or more and cannot be applied toward a single purchase of a $19.99 game. Whereas a $20 gift card (for argument's sake) can be applied and practically buys me the game (add sales tax), the $20 gaming coupon would require you to spend additional money to bring the subtotal up from $19.99 to over $20, plus add tax and it's pretty much like K-mart dictating that you have to buy another gaming related item (which figure can't be cheaper than $9.99 or so) so as an example they are trying to force you into buying at least a 19.99 and 9.99 game or a 29.99 game merely allowing you to apply the gaming coupon toward the purchase and not purchase the game outright like a gift card. Also the gaming coupon must be spent entirely and there cannot be a remaining balance unlike a gift card.

If that was too confusing I apologize. I'll try to clarify further if anyone still has questions about it.

Hope I helped.

Good luck.

bread's done
Back