TRU $20 Gift Card with purchase of a DS. YMMV.

RVDFrog

CAGiversary!
Was at the TRU yesterday in Irvine on the buy 2 get 1 free deal and I saw this deal too. I'm not sure if this is for the psp lite too, but I did remember seeing it for the DS lite. Good deal for anyone looking to buy a DS and take advantage of the other deal they are having.

In before repost......

This would be a very good deal if you could find the Brain Age bundle. Well, it would be to me, as I think Brain Age is worth every penny.

confirmed at TRU in fairlakes, VA. there was a type-o stating 20 dollar gift card with any ds game...someone scratched it out and just had system. meh.

[quote name='sasukekun']Why is this YMMV? It's in their sales ad that you get a free $20 gift card with purchase of any DS Lite system.[/quote]

People here don't read.

IT'S A NATIONAL DEAL PEOPLE!

I was thinknig about buying a DS for $130m get the $20 giftcard and then buying 3 DS games for $40, but I can't see myself playing a DS that often unless I'm at a cafe, and there are no real games I really really want for the system besides that Kirby game.

[quote name='sasukekun']Why is this YMMV? It's in their sales ad that you get a free $20 gift card with purchase of any DS Lite system.[/quote]

This is true for the polor white, coral, onyx, and crimson/onyyx ds systems only. It does not apply to the Brain Age 2 bundle.

Um... I went to visit my local store this morning (I applied for a seasonal job and wanted to ask about that), and I saw this ad - but it said you got a $20 gift card with the purchase of DS SOFTWARE. It did not say anything about hardware, it said "Nintendo DS Software." I didn't ask the clerks, but I'm guessing you get the card with a game purchase.

So is this for games, or systems? I was about to post this question, but saw this thread...

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Um... I went to visit my local store this morning (I applied for a seasonal job and wanted to ask about that), and I saw this ad - but it said you got a $20 gift card with the purchase of DS SOFTWARE. It did not say anything about hardware, it said "Nintendo DS Software." I didn't ask the clerks, but I'm guessing you get the card with a game purchase.

So is this for games, or systems? I was about to post this question, but saw this thread...[/quote] systems

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Um... I went to visit my local store this morning (I applied for a seasonal job and wanted to ask about that), and I saw this ad - but it said you got a $20 gift card with the purchase of DS SOFTWARE. It did not say anything about hardware, it said "Nintendo DS Software." I didn't ask the clerks, but I'm guessing you get the card with a game purchase.

So is this for games, or systems? I was about to post this question, but saw this thread...[/QUOTE]

they have it worded real weird it said DS system game which I guess is what they call the system by itself

They had it in W.Hartford, CT. The weird "Nintendo DS System Game" wording had a lot of people confused. Some 10 yr old girl was correcting her poor mother about it. Games are hard enough for parents to be shopping for, and these marketing people are making it harder.

The $20 is not really a GC... it's more like a coupon i believe, b/c you can't use it to buy game hardwares, diapers and formulas....

[quote name='Serpentor']The $20 is not really a GC... it's more like a coupon i believe, b/c you can't use it to buy game hardwares, diapers and formulas....[/quote]

So? That's normal. You can get a DS and three games for $180 plus tax this week.

[quote name='bigdaddy']So? That's normal. You can get a DS and three games for $180 plus tax this week.[/QUOTE]
He was just making clear that it wasn't like they gave you a plastic gift card. Nothing wrong in that, and actually I think many might appreciate the clarity.

[quote name='bigdaddy']So? That's normal. You can get a DS and three games for $180 plus tax this week.[/quote]
i'm not saying it's not a good deal... just to point out that the $20 you get, can't be used to buy another game system, that's all.

between now, if you got kids, TRU should be sending you lots of those platic thingy, not like $20, but i got one for $10... $3 off $3 or more and few $5 off $25 coupons if you register the b'day thing.

bread's done
Back