TRU 20% Off Friends & Family Coupon - good online, minimum $75 order

GCS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)

Minimum $75 order

This appears to work on Video Games and some Hardware (ie a controller). It does also work on Preorder Video Games too.

Does not appear to work on consoles.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you are correct. I have edited the post.

My apologies for leaving that detail off.

You can also use this with the ongoing Lego Sale they have this week and basically get your Legos for 50% off.

Greg

I am going to try and pair this with there buy Halo reach legendary 2day sale where you buy it and get a free 59.99 or less game. $130 for halo Reach Legendary and another game seems like a decent deal

I tried to buy 4 X 1600 Xbox points but even with the coupon the shipping and tax kills it, they shouldn't even charge tax and spending over $100 excludes games and gaming accessories.

Damn. I considered going for this, but it's not much of a deal after shipping and tax. I had $150 worth of games in my cart. Promo code knocks off $30, but shipping is $12 and tax would be like $8. Saving a whole 10 bucks isn't exactly what I had in mind.

wait wasn't there a $5 coupon floating around-might have to try n find it-wondering if they stack

edit-from what i found on line last coupons expired 10/3 or 9/26

[quote name='jputahraptor']I tried to buy 4 X 1600 Xbox points but even with the coupon the shipping and tax kills it, they shouldn't even charge tax and spending over $100 excludes games and gaming accessories.[/QUOTE]

lol toysrus does not have control over taxes. It all depends on if there is a B&M store in your state

THANKS FOR THIS DEAL OP!!!

i actually just bought Naruto Storm 2 and NBA2k11 and got free shipping. Free shipping applies to pre-orders is what it told me.

anyways, i am happy. i could have doneb2g1 next week buts thats spending an extra 24 bucks for a 3rd game i don't want and a risk that i might not get storm 2.

Lame. Doesn't work on anything I tried. Shipping and Tax makes this deal worthless. Tru's needs more in-store coupons.

Hmmm. Just noticed Fallout New Vegas is 55$ online, but doesnt qualify for free shipping.

EDIT: Just saw that it says it should.

[quote name='Abeja']Hmmm. Just noticed Fallout New Vegas is 55$ online, but doesnt qualify for free shipping.

EDIT: Just saw that it says it should.[/QUOTE]

It may be free shipping with a Shop Runner trial. You can sign up for 30 days for free and get free 2-day shipping.

[quote name='DANIEL']does anyone know if this code works inside the store or if there is an actual coupon for the store?[/QUOTE]
Online only looks like... There's a $10gc for $75 purchase in the stores.

[quote name='Serpentor']Online only looks like... There's a $10gc for $75 purchase in the stores.[/QUOTE]

I dont think that works on video games. Hardware or software.

Thanks a lot. I just scored: HALO RERACH LEGENDARY + DEAD RISING 2 for $127 taxes included and free 2 day shipping (right now they have free game with purchise of Halo reach Legendary). For free shipping you need to suscribe for shop runner service which is free for 30 days and than you cancel for no charge. The cupon worthed $30 for me.

xbox black ops prestige edition comes out to-$122 after taxes--but you need to use the 30 day free trial 2 day delivery-wich saves you like $7.50
other wise its about $130.

I wanted this to work on Kinect but it doesn't... O well =/. I refuse to buy a Kinect at launch for $150 but 20% off would've sold me.

It looks like toysrus.com is offering free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Video game hardware, software, and accessories are not included in this offer.

However, if you really want to get out of paying for shipping, I assume you can order non video game merchandise totaling over $100 in addition to the video game stuff you needed.

The shipping will (should be) free. Then, on your next trip to a B&M Toys R Us, you can return the non video game stuff for a refund.

Ok, it is a lot of work for a little bit of money, and somewhat unethical. But it is a way for some to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hogua']It looks like toysrus.com is offering free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Video game hardware, software, and accessories are not included in this offer.

However, if you really want to get out of paying for shipping, I assume you can order non video game merchandise totaling over $100 in addition to the video game stuff you needed.

The shipping will (should be) free. Then, on your next trip to a B&M Toys R Us, you can return the non video game stuff for a refund.

Ok, it is a lot of work for a little bit of money, and somewhat unethical. But it is a way for some to go.[/QUOTE]

You would be surprised at the lengths some CAGers will go to save $5... And loop holes are so not unethical =P

Are the Fallout preorder bonuses in-store only ($10 gc and free strat guide)? Would there be a way to order online and take my online receipt to a store to get the bonuses?

[quote name='hogua']It looks like toysrus.com is offering free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Video game hardware, software, and accessories are not included in this offer.

Ok, it is a lot of work for a little bit of money, and somewhat unethical. But it is a way for some to go.[/QUOTE]

The only problem is all online purchases returned in store get store credit only.

[quote name='dallascowboys']Are the Fallout preorder bonuses in-store only ($10 gc and free strat guide)? Would there be a way to order online and take my online receipt to a store to get the bonuses?[/QUOTE]

Any deals that offer a free gift card are in store only. You can bring in your receipt and repurchase the game as long as it's within the date of the sale.

Works with Halo: Reach promo. Halo Limited Edition and Dead Rising 2, but not on Enslaved, for $88 before shipping and tax. I am debating whether to get this but I know there will be more Halo deals in the next coming weeks.

bread's done
Back