TRU 20% off Selected Accessories Aug28-Sep3

Thans for sharing, this ia good deal.

For PS owners, it is a good occasion to get a PS3 DualShock 3 for those who were not able to get Dell price error.

I don't think PSN cards will be on sale often, since they are sold pre-tax (like a giftcard)

Hmmmm, methinks a pricematch with Futureshop would net even bigger savings on the MS Points. Would that work? Can I just point them to the Toys'R'Us website as proof, or do the MS Point cards actually have to be in the flyer?

[quote name='onemorechanc']Hmmmm, methinks a pricematch with Futureshop would net even bigger savings on the MS Points. Would that work? Can I just point them to the Toys'R'Us website as proof, or do the MS Point cards actually have to be in the flyer?[/QUOTE]

I just printed the page showing the item.

[quote name='musdy']I just printed the page showing the item.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, that worked for me. I would have just bought from TRU, but I had a Future Shop gift card ... that made it an even better deal!

[quote name='TripleQ']
No PSN cards on sale
[/QUOTE]

PSN cards are treated the same as cash, so they'll never go on sale.

[quote name='refraxion']Bleh doesn't make sense since MS Points and Wii Points work the same way lol.[/QUOTE]
You have to pay taxes when you buy Wii/X360 points, while you don't pay tax on PSN cards (tax is paid using your PSN card).

Therefore, to me it's a reason not to buy PSN cards with EB Game credit (you lose the advantage that you don't pay taxes, since you would not pay them anyway)

Seem to be sold out at Cedarbrae mall location. Either they never had much stock in the first place, or whoreders (yes) got to them.

[quote name='BeerBro']did price-matching at futureshop/bestbuy give anyone trouble at all?[/QUOTE]

I pm'd some MS points at Future Shop. The cashier did not give any hassle about it, but she was not happy to do it. She went from happily greeting another customer (me) to looking like somebody was making her clean a public restroom with a toothbrush and no gloves when I uttered the phrase "I would like to pricematch this item".

[quote name='BeerBro']did price-matching at futureshop/bestbuy give anyone trouble at all?[/QUOTE]

I had a minor issue with one of MS points card having a Rock Band branding, but I eventually got the PM.

I PM'd a 2800 point card at Future Shop.. the CSR "had to ask her manager", who at first didn't want to do the PM because the website printout said "while quantities last", but then did.

thanks guys. I just did a pricematch at Futureshop for a Dualshock 3 and it worked. The cashier had to ask the manager first though, and then he called up TRU to check if they had it in stock. I guess, luckily they did. haha

Thanks much. I was able to get a 2800 and a pair of 1400s at the West Edmonton TRU this afternoon. Last 2800 they had, but the price is proportionate so it didn't really matter.

PM'ed successfully at FS for 1x 2800 points card and 1x 1400 points card. All the TRUs in Winnipeg were sold out but luckily the printout was enough and she didn't call to verify stock. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back