TRU 3/26-3/27 BOG1 40% All PS3/360 games

FlameOnMe

CAGiversary!
Just as stated above, on Friday/Saturday there will be a Buy one PS3/360 game get 40 percent off any other, obviously the lower one will be 40 percent off.

There are a few more deals here and there, one I believe for DVD's that (I think, only saw a glance) is "Buy any $19.99 DVD get one half off"

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This is a great deal. It's almost an exact replication of a B2G1, but with only needing to purchase two titles. Very good, TRU.[/QUOTE]

It's not that great. If you buy 2 $60 games, it'll cost you $96 total or $48 each. For the B2G1, it's 3 games for $120 total or $40 each.

Here it's 20% off each game (assuming you buy 2 games at the same price) where for B2G1 it's 33% off.

A good deal, but not quite as good as B2G1 IMO.

[quote name='judgedee']heres hoping for another massive glitch. B1G1 Free![/QUOTE]
After getting two copies of Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2 and Dante's Inferno all for $117.79, I'm also hoping for a similar glitch :)

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']What's all this talk about a glitch?[/QUOTE]

The people who enter the deals into the TRU register system aren't exactly the best at what they do. A while back if you bought Bad Company 2 and one of 4 other games, you got half off the second game, but they screwed up how it worked in the system and you got half off both games.

It's almost as if the Gamestop B1G1 free sale was a glitch. I mean.. it only lasted 12-16 hours. It's funny how a sale can be revoked faster than a glitch is usually fixed. lol, GS, you never cease to entertain me.

Anyway, this TRU deal is pretty sweet. Even though they never cut prices on their games, they dish out some pretty nice deals on a consistent basis.

I'm wanting to rack up on more PS3 games as I currently just got mine and only have so far...

FFXIII, GOW3, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed II, First Ratchet & Clank Future, MGS4 and the GOW collection.

Is this the best deal to rack up some exclusives? I know there's a Gold Box on Amazon tomorrow, and a GameDay Deals at Gamestop this Friday also so I'm curious.

Mainly looking for Demon's Souls, Resonance of Fate, MAG, 2nd Ratchet game, stuff like that.

[quote name='SativaSam']I'm wanting to rack up on more PS3 games as I currently just got mine and only have so far...

FFXIII, GOW3, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed II, First Ratchet & Clank Future, MGS4 and the GOW collection.

Is this the best deal to rack up some exclusives? I know there's a Gold Box on Amazon tomorrow, and a GameDay Deals at Gamestop this Friday also so I'm curious.

Mainly looking for Demon's Souls, Resonance of Fate, MAG, 2nd Ratchet game, stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest keeping an eye on the Amazon Gold Box deals. Gamestop most likely won't cut the prices for any of those particular titles you listed. I'd either wait for the possible B2G1 free sale (Gamestop) or head over to eBay.

That's just me though.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I could see them doing 40% off each title, if a glitch were to happen. That'd be a great deal.[/QUOTE]

What I could see is 40% off the second game regardless of the price of the first. So buy a clearance 5 dollar game and get 40% off god of war 3. Just a thought, as the best buy glitch worked that way previously.

[quote name='SativaSam']I'm wanting to rack up on more PS3 games as I currently just got mine and only have so far...

Mainly looking for Demon's Souls, Resonance of Fate, MAG, 2nd Ratchet game, stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

sorry TRU doesnt carry any demon's souls. Just hope amazon pm it

Darn it man. Hate I missed out on the TRU Bad Company 2 glitch. When the heck did that happen? Was it listed here? :bomb: I would have bought it at that price. So if that happens again for the love of pete someone pm me! lol.

[quote name='Poor2More']Toys R us, is the only retailer on a consistant basis that have good deals.....best buy just dont care anymore[/QUOTE]

This is so true. So much that I signed up for their rewards program. I rarely shop at BB and even GS hasn't seen me since Dec. Amazon is the only competition right now but they have been giving less gift cards and only taking $4 or $5 off the release price.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']I'd be all over this if TRU fucking had Resonance of Fate! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Same here.. but at least most stores have Yakuza in finally...

Damn that's not too bad of a deal, an actual reason to go to a Toys R Us? Might have to pick up Aliens VS Predator and....hmm. Now I just need one more 360/PS3 game.

I'd be happy with Heavy Rain at $36, but there really isn't another game that I can justify putting $60 on that I don't already have. Hm...

I'll have to check back on this thread Friday morning. If this is anything like the Battlefield 2 glitch, I'll take a shot at getting Heavy Rain and Just Cause 2. If it's not glitching, it's still a good deal, but I'll probably hold off.

I honestly doubt TRU will screw up again... I wouldn't get my hopes up for another glitch. It would be nice though, since I missed out on the last one.

Hmm maybe I will use this to upgrade my two copies of games I traded in/sold in hopes to find them cheap

Does TRU have SWTFU: Sith Ed and RE5: Gold?

[quote name='Danimal']I'll have to check back on this thread Friday morning. If this is anything like the Battlefield 2 glitch, I'll take a shot at getting Heavy Rain and Just Cause 2. If it's not glitching, it's still a good deal, but I'll probably hold off.[/QUOTE]
After more thinking, that's actually the combo of games I was thinking hard about but I think I can wait for both to come down in price... I have so many games to play in my backlog and am not in a huge hurry to play either of them.

[quote name='joshnorm']Hmm maybe I will use this to upgrade my two copies of games I traded in/sold in hopes to find them cheap

Does TRU have SWTFU: Sith Ed and RE5: Gold?[/QUOTE]

TRU did have SWTFU: Sith edition, but odds are all gone, most stores received at most 2-3.

Our store DIDN'T receive the GOLD EDITION OF RE5.. but we did receive the blank cases indicating we "should" get them in at some point.

Normally what happens some releases come week of, then maybe a week/two the rest come. Like how Yakuza comes in two weeks after release.

I would check on Tuesday/Wednesday to see if the RE5 gold is in, but check tomorrow for Sith edition.. as that one is quite rare.

Where do you guys see these deals? I checked TRU's weekly ad but there wasn't anything there. Just curious since my Best Buy will match promos but I need to be able to show them something.

Tomorrow morning is the moment of truth. Get to see if the system screws it up and gives people 40% on the whole purchase. ^_^

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Could I price match Gamestop's Gameday sale in conjunction with this deal?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, TRU doesnt pricematch.

[quote name='Xerxes']Tomorrow morning is the moment of truth. Get to see if the system screws it up and gives people 40% on the whole purchase. ^_^[/QUOTE]

I hoping for glitch as well. Since I missed about 2 of them already for being a day late.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oops.[/QUOTE]

you sir just got MATHED!!!

too poor sept gamestop credit. maybe if they glitch.

Can someone please tell me if this is a good deal for picking up some PS3 games? I'm still missing some of the exclusives, and am wondering if there's any deals coming up soon that might be better than this. I know a B2G1 might happen at Gamestop, but I kind of doubt it.

hmmm im oging to TOYSRUS later to get soem cheap toy story blu ray combo packs

maybe ill try this ti see if the "glitch" still works

from what I remember when the Battlefield 2 glitch occured
the promo was suppose to be B1G1 for 50% off

maybe the same glitch works....or maybe we are being too hopeful

poor toysrus needs new computer system

they are gonna go bankrupt!

[quote name='IronSerif']Very tempting. I need to pick up some PS3 exclusives, but a gohastings b1g1 for a $1 deal may be better...[/QUOTE]
is that gohastings deal working right now?

bread's done
Back