Tru 5/23 - 5/29

prim4444

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sunday Only for Rewards Members

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $10 gift card with purchase + save $15 on guide when purchased with game.

Tuesday Only for Rewards members

Blur - $10 Gift Card with purchase

All Week

UFC 2010 - 50% off any UFC item up to $24.99 with purchase of game.

Buy 1 Get 1 $20 off (All Platforms)

Splinter Cell Conviction
Skate 3
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Split/Second
Shrek Forever After
Toy Story Mania
Spongebob Boating Bash
Prince Of Persia
Just Dance
Press Your Luck
Red Steel 2 (Game only)
Iron Man 2
Hasbro Family Game Night 2
The Price Is Right
2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa
Family Fued
Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics

Was hoping for a larger gift card, but it's better than nothing. I already have the $25 giftcard from Red Dead Redemption so this is still the best deal for me. Thanks for the ad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let See:

Amazon / Gamestop - $50
Super Mario Galaxy 2
$20 Gift Card

TRU - $55
Super Mario Galaxy 2
$10 Gift Card
Prima Strategy Guide

Edit: Just went to Amazon and Walmart website, they seem to have the guide in discount for around $13 for regular edition and $20 for Collector's Edition. TRU has regular price of $20 for regular.

Placed my order with Amazon for SMG2 about an hour or 2 ago and was wondering if I would still be able to cancel it or not by the time the TRU ad came up. No need to now and can sleep w/o wondering if I made the right decision. Not a bad deal for someone that wants the guide though.

Thanks OP.

Man what a shit deal on SMG2. That's kind of surprising coming from them especially since their deal for SMG1 resulted in me making $5. Good thing I already got it from GS.com for like 20 dollars after coupons.

The $15 off the guide deal isn't bad, but I would have preferred no deal on the guide and a $20 gc on the game itself. Oh, well.

Thanks for posting, OP.

Talk about last minute. tru did a good job keeping this under wraps for as long as possible. On the fence here... Wish the TRU gift card was just a bit more OR the Amazon credit wasn't limited to games.

[quote name='prim4444']Sunday Only for Rewards Members
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $10 gift card with purchase + save $15 on guide when purchased with game.
[/QUOTE]

I will most likely get Super Mario Galaxy 2 and the guide at Toysrus. Thanks for the ad prim4444.

Decent deal if you were already getting both SMG2 and the guide. $15 gift card and I would have gone for it.

Unfortunately it ends up as:

TrU - $59.50 for game + guide + $10GC

Amazon = $63.50 for game + guide + $20 Credit. Plus I can save on gas and the SMG2 guide is currently in my goldbox.

Not really sure why people are complaining. Except for Amazon, I don't see any other brick and mortar store doing any promotions on SMG2. If you live in a city without a Wallmart or Kmart in every other corner (e.g. NY), this is not bad.

As always, thanks for the early ad.

Maybe not as good as previous deals but this is still a respectable deal for anyone who wants both the game and guide and wants to pick it up in store!

That's weak... I was hoping they would do a larger GC so I could try to use this "$10 off $50 coupon" on got in the mail.

I pre-ordered through GS.com with 25% off coupon and got $20 coupon for future purchase. So $40.41 w/tax + $20. Only thing that sucks is the $20 coupon doesn't stack with anything and I won't pay retail for something just to use it. But for $10 less than Amazon I'm happy!

I've got some BB credit so that'll make my SMG2 purchase $30 with $10 worth of rewardzone points. Was hoping for a better offer from TRU on this!

Don't forget you can PM Fry's at Best Buy if you have one near you.. SMG2 is only $39.99 there, plus you can get the 500 bonus points for $10 cert in 30 days.

[quote name='Diebythesword']500 bonus still valid with a price match?[/QUOTE]

The automated Reward Zone doesn't care how much you pay for something as long as it shows up in their system. I have PM'ed tons of games and never had a problem getting the bonus points included with them.

Does anyone have the first Super Mario Galaxy guide? How was it? I feel like I should get it with that much discount, but it have a feeling it will be mostly useless and I won't need it.

EXCELLENT DEAL!!!

I have a total of 35 dollars in gift cards in my pocket from RDR and the two Pokemon games from March.

Add to that, the fact I got a 5 dollars off 25 or more in the mail, and I save 40 dollars off of Galaxy come tomorrow.

Even better is getting a 20 dollar guide, for FIVE BUCKS!!!

Thanks for the ad... I can't wait until tomorrow. Galaxy 2 for 15 after tax, and the guide for 5, means I spent a total of 20 bucks tomorrow.

I have the $20 GC from GoW3 that expires at the end of the month (not sure if it does for everyone but my TrU was pretty clueless...). I saw this $10 deal today and had planned to cancel my Amazon order to use my TrU credit (also have $40 from trade-ins)...but Amazon shipped the game today :(

Still very tempted to just do it anyways and sell off the other copy...or try and return it. Hrm. Or try and find something else to buy for $20+ by the end of the month.

[quote name='jp2']Talk about last minute. tru did a good job keeping this under wraps for as long as possible. On the fence here... Wish the TRU gift card was just a bit more OR the Amazon credit wasn't limited to games.[/QUOTE]It was brought up in last week's TRU ad thread.

[quote name='ryuzx']It was brought up in last week's TRU ad thread.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't seen mention of it here or elsewhere until this thread was started.

fyi,, i received notice of this deal via email from TRU today. I called the store to confirm what time they open, and they had the nerve to say they're not sure if they'll have enough SMG2 copies to sell to those who didn't pre-order.

if that's true, TRU doesn't deserve my $$. They've been out of pre-order tickets for the past 2 months... and now they're directly soliciting attention.

Whatev.. i just wanted the Guide for my nieces. Otherwise BB's a more attractive offer for me. I'm buying more Blu-rays lately, and a $10 TRU GC doesn't do much for me given their very slim selection of horribly overpriced blu's.

If there's not enough Guides to go around at TRU, I'll buy SMG2 at BB and use the $10 RZ certificate for some random blu in the coming months.

hmmm, if this works at the store, then you can get a $20 Gc to boot. So 2 SMG2 for basically $60 bucks. Sweet deal if it works instore.

[quote name='Estebon']hmmm, if this works at the store, then you can get a $20 Gc to boot. So 2 SMG2 for basically $60 bucks. Sweet deal if it works instore.[/QUOTE]The ad says that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is part of the promotion BUT it also specifies only one copy per 'guest'. So that's probably a YMMV thing.

This is for sales going on from the 23rd till the 29th i got in my e-mail and I live in NYC so be sure to check the online newspaper AD for your area.

*Deals*

• Buy 1 game and get the other for $20 off. Varying from $39.99-$59.99. (Mix and Match is possible across all three major platforms)
  • 16.99 Value- Free Mario T-shirt with purchase of new Wii system. (looks pretty cool for an avid nintendo fan)
  • Wii is now avaliable in black and is still at MSRP $199.99. ( includes Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Motion Plus Bundle, remote controller and nunchuk.
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 w/$10 gift card. Also Sunday only for Reward Members Save an additional $15 for game guide when purchased with SMG2
  • Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4: Reserve and you can receive 2 Hogwarts House keychains when you reserve and the other 2 at Pick-up. That's 4 total. ( seems like an awesome gift for any child)
  • Buy any new Xbox 360 and choose 3 out of Platinum and family hits games. (That's 5 games total should you purchase a bundle i.e Forza motor sport 3, Halo ODST, Plus the 3 free games)
*IN-STORE ONLY*

• Recieve a $10 GC Tuesday only with the purchase of Blur Video game($59.99).
  • 50% off ANY UFC item priced up $24.99 when you buy UFC 2010
Disclaimer: If this has already been posted then I apologize I just received the E-mail. But least now people have been refreshed. And also sorry for any mistakes if any are made.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back