Tru 5/23 - 5/29

prim4444

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sunday Only for Rewards Members

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $10 gift card with purchase + save $15 on guide when purchased with game.

Tuesday Only for Rewards members

Blur - $10 Gift Card with purchase

All Week

UFC 2010 - 50% off any UFC item up to $24.99 with purchase of game.

Buy 1 Get 1 $20 off (All Platforms)

Splinter Cell Conviction
Skate 3
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Split/Second
Shrek Forever After
Toy Story Mania
Spongebob Boating Bash
Prince Of Persia
Just Dance
Press Your Luck
Red Steel 2 (Game only)
Iron Man 2
Hasbro Family Game Night 2
The Price Is Right
2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa
Family Fued
Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics

the other one doesn't mention the 3 free games with an XBOX purchase which is great since I am considering buying one, thanks for posting

[quote name='postulio']i dont think its 3 free xbox games... it says choose FROM 3.. which i take it to mean 1 out of a selection of 3.[/QUOTE]

It does mean 3 free games! I'm looking at the ad online, and here's a quote:

3 FREE PLATINUM & FAMILY HITS GAMES* with you buy ANY Xbox360

* In-Store only. Quantities limited; no rain checks.

It's 3 free platinum hits games, from a selection of "over 15 games". The ad specifically shows Halo 3, Gears of War, and Mass Effect.

My 360 RROD'd and I've been waiting about 2 weeks for a decent deal on a replacement system, I think I'll bite on this. Thanks OP!

Just to let everyone know, the B1G1 $20 off, isn't for all games, its only for some. Look up the ad on ToysRUs website to see what games.

[quote name='bigant262']Just to let everyone know, the B1G1 $20 off, isn't for all games, its only for some. Look up the ad on ToysRUs website to see what games.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is working with the $20 off deal which is pretty cool I guess. You can get 2 copies of SMG2 and it still works if anyone wants 2 for some reason.

Was able to get both game & guide at TRU today. Only drama was the antagonistic clerk who insisted SMG2 wouldn't be on sale til Monday. TRU must really have an employee morale problem, because you simply can't be that mis-informed.

fyi.. A line formed outside before opening, but I was one of only 2 people there for SMG2. Customer in front of me didn't know about '1 per guest', and tried to buy 2 (game & guide). The Mgr. authorized it as separate transactions, and the customer used the first $10 game card on the 2nd purchase (net $45 for game/guide).

So YMMV, but it seems the '1 per guest' is probably geared to avoid the 'B1G1 $20 off' on two SMG2's... rather than rationing/limiting the Gift-card/Guide deal.

[quote name='postulio']i dont think its 3 free xbox games... it says choose FROM 3.. which i take it to mean 1 out of a selection of 3.[/QUOTE]

sorry typo base on grammar. You can choose whatever the selection they offer. Its not 1 out of 3 but an assortment from which you can choose 3 from. My apologies. All in all, 5 games and a system for 299 is cool when buying a new system. Great way to start up

And also in regards of stacking or what you can choose and get deals on, please inquire at the store or AD of your area since YMMV

[quote name='ac_fiz']Do the deals stack?

Could you get two SMG2's for 100 - 20 = $80 plus two $10 gift cards?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I nominate you to find out for us.

[quote name='myoakam03']Good question. I nominate you to find out for us.[/QUOTE]

honestly i really dont know. I'm not sure if its a set list since sometimes pictures can be misleading, but I'd call and ask. You may be able to get a cashier or manager to slide and say whatever. It's happened to me before. HOWEVER I dont see you can getting 2 gift cards, unless there's no policy; i would think its one gift card per customer. It sounds like a real moment of YMMV

Bought 2 at B&M this morning.
I can confirm the $10GC stacks for both and takes the $20 promo off as well.
So $85 for 2 SMG2, 1 guide, and $20GC. Used my $25GC from RDR as well.

[quote name='C00K']Bought 2 at B&M this morning.
I can confirm the $10GC stacks for both and takes the $20 promo off as well.
So $85 for 2 SMG2, 1 guide, and $20GC. Used my $25GC from RDR as well.[/QUOTE]

good job confirming cook. I still think its a YMMV situation if u get a douchebag manager doing cashier idk but hey all in positive thinking!

i think they're made by only one company (Prima). I've no idea if it's any good, as it's sealed in plastic, and I've already dropped it off at my sister's house.

When I was younger, I recall the guides being hit or miss, as they often contained mis-information.

I figured it's worth a shot for $5, especially since this seems to be an extensive (and possibly complicated) game.

Buy an any XBOX 360 console get 3 platinum hits free this week at TRU as well. I just went down there and picked one up game choices seem to vary a little. There is a display with some games but the clerk told me that some games are included although they are not on the promo sign.

What was on the display to choose from:

Mass Effect
Assassins Creed
Halo Wars
Sonic the Hedgehog
Ninja Gaiden II
Transformers
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Gears of War
Some lego games and some other stuff I can't remember

I asked the lady to scan Halo 3 and Gears of War 2: GOTY and they were included as well. Not a bad deal at all, finally, I got a good deal on a replacement for my dead 360 :)

Total impulse buy for me today. Took advantage of this TRU deal. Figure I can pass it by my wife by telling her I got a $10 GC for our kid to use ;)

The guide is a 'Premiere Edition' nothing too special about it. Shrink-wrapped w/ a fold out poster that may or not be loose inside. Store I went to had 20 copies of the game and guide, employees were on the ball about the promotion and seemed very happy to do it.

I just went down to TRU and picked up a 360 and the game choices seem to vary a little. There is a display with some games but the clerk told me that some games are included although they are not on the promo sign or technically "platinum hits". It seems that older games $29.99 and under might be good too.

What was on the display to choose from:

Mass Effect
Assassins Creed
Halo Wars
Sonic the Hedgehog
Ninja Gaiden II
Transformers
Cars
Forza 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Call of Duty 3
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Gears of War
Some lego games and some other stuff I can't remember

I asked the lady to scan Halo 3 and Gears of War 2: GOTY and they were included as well. Not a bad deal at all, finally, I got a good deal on a replacement for my dead 360 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did my post go from being stickied on the Deal forums but now has completely disappeared and been combined with someone else s' post??? That's not cool.

[quote name='imjpwutup']Why did my post go from being stickied on the Deal forums but now has completely disappeared and been combined with someone else s' post??? That's not cool.[/QUOTE]

He actually posted the deals before you did and somehow the mods missed it until now.

I bought two copies of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and two guides on Sunday. They said that the gift cards can not be used until six hours after they actavate them. They would not let me use the first gift card on the second purchase. One for me and one for my nieces birthday in July.

bread's done
Back