TRU ad 2/2: Lego Marvel $19.99 last gen, $29.99 for next gen

correction: PS4, Xbox One and Wii U are current gen
does+it+really+matter+what+console+you+play+on+Hooooly+_a6de9561c1f92e87bb42cb3b9f4fa525.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

you are stuck playing as certain characters for certain levels (and bringing in an ally only allows you to use their super move to help clear enemies after so much time - no actually playing as them in that level).
100% untrue, you can most certainly play as the tag partner you choose in free-roam mode. You can not choose both members of the team, but you can switch between the forced member and the alternate you choose whenever you want.

I still don't get all the Lego Marvel Vita (I do not have a 3DS) hate. I have no played the console version, YET. But the Vita version is not horrible. I am sure the console version is much better, but that doesn't make the portable version BAD. I enjoyed it enough to platinum it (and it's an easy platinum at that). I would say the Vita version is worth $10 which is what I paid and I am pleased with my choice.

TLDR, if you want a console like experience for the game I admit to stay away from the Vita/3DS version, but if you want a fun Lego game on the go I can easily recommend the Vita version.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure that's a picture of the TRU print ad in the first post.
They make print ads, they just do not PRINT the ads. Most TRU stores just tell you to look online or they have a few copies in store for reference, but it is not like other stores where you see stacks of them for the taking. I went through a very difficult PM at Target almost 2 years ago because no newspaper had a printed ad in it and TRU did not have one for customers to take. Thankfully Target relented after they understood where I was coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of those promo gift cards that expires on Feb 1. Could I buy something this week with the gift card, then return it and use it toward this game after the 1st?
I also had one of them. what i did was very easy. I purchased an e-gift card on their website and sent it to myself (you send them via email) and i paid for it with my promotional gift card. Hope this helps

here is their gift card link

http://www.toysrus.com/giftCertificates/index.jsp?categoryId=2255956&ab=TRU_Header:Utility2:Gift-Cards:Home-Page

I might have to price match the PS4 version at Best Buy. I have a $10 certificate burning a whole in my pocket. That's a great price for a PS4 game.

I've got a gc for best buy and target.
Should I get ps4 version ($30) or Wii u version and bad grandpa blu ($20+$10) from target?

[quote name="neonon19s" post="11481361" timestamp="1390954293"]I've got a gc for best buy and target.
Should I get ps4 version ($30) or Wii u version and bad grandpa blu ($20+$10) from target?[/quote]

PS4 version looks pretty good

I've got a gc for best buy and target.
Should I get ps4 version ($30) or Wii u version and bad grandpa blu ($20+$10) from target?
Definitely Wii U version. Splitscreen is better on Wii U version, on ps4 splitscreen moves around and is annoying but on the wii U one player plays on gamepad and one uses the screen.

Where's the date for this ad? Best Buy won't price match it if it doesn't have a current ad date. Also when I do check the online Ad I don't see this sale at all.

Can someone tell me what store this is in too?

---

Are the glitches in the xbox version game breaking?
TRU = Toy R Us

What are the odds of having Best Buy price match this? I've heard some say they claim TRU isn't a "direct competitor" at times.
Most employee doesn't even check if they have in stock or not, as long as you can prove it they just type it in and override it. I have done a lot of Price matching with BBY with no problem so you shouldn't have a problem too. Aslong as you can show to them the price difference either online or an ad or give them the number to call TRU you are fine.

Anyone who has the PS4 version, is it a noticeable upgrade from the 360 version?

I have the demo on PS3 and 360 and they look the same, The demo on the XBO seems to be better than the last gen one with better resolution when the cut scene comes in otherwise there isn't much difference for game play. it really up to you if you don't want to spent the extra money get the old gen one, works and plays the same :)

Its Lego. Don't think resolution matters. I think the only real difference would be frame rate but still don't know if lego at 60 fps is better than 30fps.
For the Frame rate, i don't think that applies to the LEGO superhero as far as i know. the "30FPS vs 60FPS" topic was from Lara Croft remade.

Did you not read about the glitches from the PS3/360 versions. I think people are trying to avoid that since they haven't patched the issue yet.
Crap. What glitches on 360? Do you have any more details about this topic?

I've been 15 to 20 hours into a Lego game, about to get the last couple collectables and unlock about 300 Gamerscore, and then the save file gets corrupted. This only happened to me once on Lego Indy 2. Ever since then I backup every Lego game save file to a USB drive every time I play the game. It's a hassle, but worth it with Lego games.

TRU = Toy R Us
I was just being a smart ass. :)

Crap. What glitches on 360? Do you have any more details about this topic?

I've been 15 to 20 hours into a Lego game, about to get the last couple collectables and unlock about 300 Gamerscore, and then the save file gets corrupted. This only happened to me once on Lego Indy 2. Ever since then I backup every Lego game save file to a USB drive every time I play the game. It's a hassle, but worth it with Lego games.
I was reading in an amazon review that sometimes when you finish a chapter, it goes into a black screen and never saves so you to play it again. Guy claimed it was on six chapters.

100% untrue, you can most certainly play as the tag partner you choose in free-roam mode. You can not choose both members of the team, but you can switch between the forced member and the alternate you choose whenever you want.

I still don't get all the Lego Marvel Vita (I do not have a 3DS) hate. I have no played the console version, YET. But the Vita version is not horrible. I am sure the console version is much better, but that doesn't make the portable version BAD. I enjoyed it enough to platinum it (and it's an easy platinum at that). I would say the Vita version is worth $10 which is what I paid and I am pleased with my choice.

TLDR, if you want a console like experience for the game I admit to stay away from the Vita/3DS version, but if you want a fun Lego game on the go I can easily recommend the Vita version.
Ah. My apologies on that point then. I made it through 1 chapter and 2/3rds of the next before I realized just how much they had cut out of it, and so I traded it in. But here's the difference in the Intro as well as the first level of the game on console vs mobile for those who might be undecided:

Console: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCsKSHsb6Y

Mobile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoT45p5QdT4&list=SPYpDU5ElRBfmkpV1YbNXQLpC1DKsWF-gD&index=1

The fact that the camera angle is that much different, there's no jumping, and a lack of a few other features (open world exploration) just doesn't make up for the $20 difference in price for me.

Also, for those who have it listed as Out of Stock - give your Toys R Us a call. I know the one I work at has one for Xbox 360 in stock, but the website lists it as out of stock. You could also purchase the copy now, and then return and re-buy on Sunday once the promotion starts.

Was gonna get in on Marvel Lego but if the bugs are that serious, Ill put my money on Fable Annv for 360.

Did anyone try to price match on Amazon or bestbuy.Com yet? I don't have a best buy around me, unfortunately

[quote name="mrclutch" post="11479847" timestamp="1390921518"]Good deal. Lego games always hit 19.99 pretty quick. Same thing happened with the last Batman game. Thanks op.[/quote]

Most likely lowering the price b/c The Lego Movie game is about to drop.

Did anyone else read the title as "Toys R Us ad part 2 of 2"? I kept looking for part 1 thinking there are more deals until I realized it's the date. :)

For what it's worth, I had a lot of issues with the Wii U version. I picked up the PS4 version and have been playing that since. It's such a great game.

The amount of people that don't realize that 2/2 stands for February 2nd is staggering.

For what it's worth, I had a lot of issues with the Wii U version. I picked up the PS4 version and have been playing that since. It's such a great game.
That's disappointing to read, as I want to finish the game bad enough that I was going to give up waiting on the hope of an update so I could finish the PS3 and just pick up the Wii U. Are the issues bad enough that they potentially block finishing the game like on the PS3?

What 'issues' did you have with the Wii U version?
I just watched a YouTube video indicating framerate issues, especially when one player is viewing the gamepad and the other is playing on the TV. Not sure if that is what Scorch is talking about, or if there are additional issues. I'm still leaning towards the Wii-U version, myself. I'm definitely not going to drop $30 on it, and $20 doesn't seem like that special a price for a 360/PS3 game that wasn't really even on my radar (to be honest, there have been plenty of $20 and under Wii-U games, too, but not that many I'm interested in playing).

Well, whatever you want to call it, the Wii U version is based on the 360/PS3 version.

I have almost 100% the game on the PS4 but might pick up the Wii U version for some Gamepad Co Op.

But, of course, the chance of my Toys R Us having it in stock is slim to none.

Plenty of Skylander crap, but never any of the games on sale.

To those asking what issues I had with the Wii U:

In some boss battles, it's REQUIRED to use a specific person. In one instance, that specific person spawned under the level, forcing me to restart the level. I've been told by TT that that specific issue has been patched.

I had several instances where someone was stuck in a corner and unable to move. Killing them didn't help either, they spawned in the same place.

I had an instance of a guy spawning right as he was falling, resulting in an endless loop of him falling, forcing me to restart the level.

Each level is broken down by sections, so if you save and continue at each part, you won't have an issue. Unfortunately, the first time around, I didn't and had to restart the level entirely.

Don't let this deter you, though. The game is fantastic.

This is a fantastic game and a great deal at this price whatever system you played it on.  IMO it is a much better game than Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (which is still a good game).  Marvel has three times as many unlockable characters, better side missions, and it feels like it has a larger open world.  I also liked how in Marvel you were able to play as more characters during the story missions compared to how in Batman 2 you could only play as Batman, Robin, or Superman until the the last two levels when more became available.

It would be awesome if Amazon price-matched PS4 digital copy with this and I could use the $20 Playstation credit from trade-ins on it.

bread's done
Back