TRU ad 2/2: Lego Marvel $19.99 last gen, $29.99 for next gen

Just a heads up -- if you have the ISIS app (Android phones) apparently you can get access to a $15 off $30 purchase at Toys R Us, making the next-gen version $15. Saw this posted on SD.

Lucky dogs.

That's disappointing to read, as I want to finish the game bad enough that I was going to give up waiting on the hope of an update so I could finish the PS3 and just pick up the Wii U. Are the issues bad enough that they potentially block finishing the game like on the PS3?
i have had they wii u version since black Friday didnt have no issues must be isolated problems i have the collectors edition with the figure it was 25

Just a heads up -- if you have the ISIS app (Android phones) apparently you can get access to a $15 off $30 purchase at Toys R Us, making the next-gen version $15. Saw this posted on SD.

Lucky dogs.
Went to get the isis app but you need a enhanced sim card that is more secure and set up for Nfc payments. Wish my S4 came with one of these sim cards already.

[quote name="MrshllJcb" post="11496913" timestamp="1391442453"]Went to get the isis app but you need a enhanced sim card that is more secure and set up for Nfc payments. Wish my S4 came with one of these sim cards already.[/quote]

Does it work through tmoblie?

I was going to use my $20 in rewards to buy the PS4 version for $10, but apparently my local store doesn't have it per online stock checker...lame.

YMMV, but I was able to purchase the PS3 version and also take advantage of the Buy 1 game $19.99 or less, get 1 40% off. Required the cashier to override it, but he didn't even hesitate to do so.

Also, worth noting is that Project X Zone for 3DS is $19.99; my local store still had Limited Edition copies available, too; made sure to snatch one.

[quote name="Zimmy" post="11497187" timestamp="1391450509"]Why yes I do know.

They will not discount on a price match. Either one or the other.[/quote]

Thanks for the info!

Hoping that amazon matches the PS4 version, since they did the Xbox One version.  Would be even better if they matched it on the Digital version as well since i have a $20 ps digital credit to use.

When news of the sale reached us (last week?), my plan was to PM the Wii-U version at BB to use some credit. TRU website showed out of stock at all local stores long before the sale even began. On Sunday, I went to TRU, BB, and Target - not a single copy. I happened to be near another TRU at lunch today, stopped in, and got the only copy. It'll probably hit $20 MSRP before I open it, but I did finally unbox the Wii-U the other day, so who knows.

When news of the sale reached us (last week?), my plan was to PM the Wii-U version at BB to use some credit. TRU website showed out of stock at all local stores long before the sale even began. On Sunday, I went to TRU, BB, and Target - not a single copy. I happened to be near another TRU at lunch today, stopped in, and got the only copy. It'll probably hit $20 MSRP before I open it, but I did finally unbox the Wii-U the other day, so who knows.
Yeah it's hard to find instock at TRU, My TRU in my area is still out of stock since last Friday (MN) . I went in Monday at my local BBY and they still a ton instock not sure about now since the news is pretty much out now.

Last edited by a moderator:
my local TRU was sold out, showed available to instore pickup, but canceled within an hour...luckily i got Walmart to match the X1 version...not bad so far

Went to local TRU hoping for rain check since it's shown out of stock on ps4 for a few weeks. Was delighted to find a single copy in stock and be able to use some rewards r US dollars before they expire.

Scored the ps4 version for $19.99 at BB. Cashier didn't look twice at the last gen version listed online on TRU's website and gave me the lower price. Yea boiiii

I got turned down at Walmart earlier.  First the employee told me they couldn't price match online prices, I told him it's in store also.  Then he said I needed the ad, I told him Walmart's policy (which I had a printed copy in my pocket, ready to present) state's the customer does not need to have the ad in hand.  Then he goes to check online and finally says they cannot price match because Walmart has the iron patriot figure.  I left walking out quite annoyed...even though they were right about it.

Went to Toys R Us and bought the X1 version. They didn't have the 360. (I wanted one of each to double up on gamerscore)

Went accross the street to the Wal-mart with the ad.

The person who rung me up was a douchebag and thought that a Iron Patriot minifig was worth $30.

I got the manager to come over and she did the price-match.

The Minifig is worth like $.25 in plastic. Threw it away.

Went to Toys R Us and bought the X1 version. They didn't have the 360. (I wanted one of each to double up on gamerscore)

The person who rung me up was a douchebag and thought that a Iron Patriot minifig was worth $30.

Lol. Lego Iron Patriot regularly goes for 25-30 dollars on eBay.

SqueezyCrusty said:
Scored the ps4 version for $19.99 at BB. Cashier didn't look twice at the last gen version listed online on TRU's website and gave me the lower price. Yea boiiii
Meh - I would just be happy if Amazon price matched the $29.99 price!

-snip-

-snip-
If the associate was denying you the price match because they're different items, then they were doing their job. Their price match policy says specific item, and that bundle is a Walmart exclusive, meaning no other retailer would be advertising it for anything.

The cashier was right.

I hate you a little right now for throwing it away. I want the Iron Patriot minifig. >.<

The cashier was right.

I hate you a little right now for throwing it away. I want the Iron Patriot minifig. >.<
No kidding. In this story, it's the one who tossed it that sounds more like the douche than the cashier. The Iron Patriot minifig is very cool. The stand is much nicer than a typical minifig stand. If Walmart would match the deal, I'd go buy some just for the minifig and sell/trade the games.

The PS4 version is currently available again to be shipped to your home for $29.99, but unless you spend $50 or more total, you're stuck paying $7.99 shipping.

As  a marvel fan, was so happy when this came out.  I did not think it would go down in price anytime soon due to the recent popularity of the marvel movies but I guess retailers are just seeing it as just another lego game.  I think this is the only decent (CAg-tastic) price drop I've seen on it. 

Bestbuy currently has a buy 2 select Xbox One games and save $20.  Lego Marvel is a part of that deal, can I price match to $29.99 and still save $20 when bought with another select game?

Amazon has just matched the Ps4 version price.

I know it's a long shot but hoping they price match the ps4 digital copy to $29.99 also so I can use my $20 ps store credit from amazon on it.

I saw the Amazon price match earlier and jumped on it. I had a $20 credit from their trade-in promo that was supposed to be on certain PSN digital titles but since they screwed up the promo they either gave me a $20 general promo credit or one for all video games. In any case, it worked on the disc copy of Lego Marvel. I probably would have picked up the digital if it was the same price - but it was $59.99. And some people actually wanted us to go all digital this generation :roll:.

(FYI PS3 and 360 copies are still both the oddball price of $42.07 on Amazon. I'm not sure why they only price matched the X1 and then PS4 versions but since I wanted it on PS4 I'm not complaining).

Amazon matched?  Nice..May have to bite on the PS4 version now.  Although I have it on 360 already and doubt its much different...hmm...

And lol @ the guy who threw the minifig away...selling for $25 usually on eBay.  CAG card revoked!

I saw the Amazon price match earlier and jumped on it. I had a $20 credit from their trade-in promo that was supposed to be on certain PSN digital titles but since they screwed up the promo they either gave me a $20 general promo credit or one for all video games. In any case, it worked on the disc copy of Lego Marvel. I probably would have picked up the digital if it was the same price - but it was $59.99. And some people actually wanted us to go all digital this generation :roll:.

(FYI PS3 and 360 copies are still both the oddball price of $42.07 on Amazon. I'm not sure why they only price matched the X1 and then PS4 versions but since I wanted it on PS4 I'm not complaining).
Lucky on the amazon mess up, I'm still trying to figure out what to spend the $20 promotion credit i got for the amazon ps store.

LightningX32 said:
Lucky on the amazon mess up, I'm still trying to figure out what to spend the $20 promotion credit i got for the amazon ps store.
If you didn't spend it before Jan. 31st then it most likely isn't there any more and you will have to contact them like I did.

bread's done
Back