TRU ad 2/2: Lego Marvel $19.99 last gen, $29.99 for next gen

As a marvel fan, was so happy when this came out. I did not think it would go down in price anytime soon due to the recent popularity of the marvel movies but I guess retailers are just seeing it as just another lego game. I think this is the only decent (CAg-tastic) price drop I've seen on it.
not quite sure if you are saying you don't know why it is on sale but it seems clear to me TRU discounted it to coincide with the release of the theatrical Lego movie which I hoped a retailer would do and was glad to see and purchase when it happened

Amazon matched? Nice..May have to bite on the PS4 version now. Although I have it on 360 already and doubt its much different...hmm...

And lol @ the guy who threw the minifig away...selling for $25 usually on eBay. CAG card revoked!
I do not mind if you sell your 360 copy to me for $19.99 lol

I try to PM in my local bestbuy and walmart again. They notice that all ps3 and xbox verison are all of stock in toyrus. Therefore, they dont allow me to buy the price of $20.

any luck on this?

The only TRU near me was an "express" store that apparently has now closed down and being replaced by a shoe store.
Nope. First nobody would give it to me because I didn't have a physical ad and when I finally got someone to budge on that, they refused to match because of the Iron Patriot minifig included in the case as that meant it was technically a different item.

Sucked, but nothing else I could do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. First nobody would give it to me because I didn't have a physical ad and when I finally got someone to budge on that, they refused to match because of the Iron Patriot minifig included in the case as that meant it was technically a different item.

Sucked, but nothing else I could do.
Your right on both points....that sucks but your hands are tied in that area.

Well....I've got Best Buy credit too. Maybe I should go there and try?

I gave up on Amazon and just priced matched it at Walmart.

Took about 1/2 hour because the price difference was so much (need mgr override).

But at least I got it.

Man, it is tough playing this when your are used to the PS4 version.

The Wii U has some serious framerate issues. (at least co op mode).

tru stock locator said oos in my area..so i went to tru to get the weekly ad for a price match elsewhere and decided to check the game section on a whim. lo and behold there is one ps3 copy sitting on the shelf just waiting for me to give it s new home. tru stock locator is a liar.

tru stock locator said oos in my area..so i went to tru to get the weekly ad for a price match elsewhere and decided to check the game section on a whim. lo and behold there is one ps3 copy sitting on the shelf just waiting for me to give it s new home. tru stock locator is a liar.
TRU stock indicator is not a liar, it will not show an in-store quantity of an item after the quantity falls below 3. So if there is one or two in-store you can not check through online, just like with bestbuy. Please think before you type.

got this and toukiden preorder for 42 bucks by tradeing in 1 game at gs i know manager there so he cuts trade in deals like 50 percentp lus 10 pur 

i also get 20 percent off game used 10 new though what steal i got i walked out with htiss game for nothing 

I stopped by the TRU at novi michigan. I went in intending on getting a xbox one Lego marvel but instead was able to get X1 Lego Movie for $29.99. They didn't have any Lego Marvel and they had the Lego movie sitting in the spot for Lego marvel. It had the 29.99 sticker on it. I knew the stickier was prolly for the other game but it looked so legit I figured I'd ask. The employee goes yea the Lego game is $30. It rang up $60 but he goes "Well it says it's only $30 I saw the sticker and adjusted the price. I had no intention of getting the movie Lego game but I figured why not?

My local stores have been sold out of Lego Marvel on 360 since Sunday. It just so happened it appeared as in stock just now, went ahead and did store pickup, let's see if I get confirmation.

Edit: got the email! Woo

Anyone went from the east coast went to the TRU event? Can you build the emmet car even without your child with you? Planning on going to TRU on my lunch break at work and just wanted to get my son the car.

I was able to PM at Walmart after all without a physical add. 

The whole interaction took around $15 minutes most of which was waiting for a store manager.  I just showed them the image on my phone from the TRU website.

Cost me $1.64 OOP after using what I had left on a giftcard.

Would anyone like to buy the Iron Patriot figure from me?  I've no interest in it and will just toss it into a box.  PM if interested.

bread's done
Back