TRU ad 3/16-3-22 *UPDATE W. 2 DAY EASTER SALE*

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well here goes, I'm going to include movie deals here also, don't see the point in creating new thread for the couple of DVD deals

*UPDATED WITH 2 DAY EASTER SALE FOR FRI. AND SAT. ONLY*
List of Easter Sale is at Bottom of post

VIDEO GAME DEALS

Buy 1 Get 1 $10 off on ALL Nintendo DS Games*
*Excludes NDS titles $9.99 or less

Buy 1 Get 1 $20 off on ALL Nintendo Wii Games**
**Excludes Wii titles $19.99 or less

Save $40 off Nintendo DS Value Pack
Package includes for $149.97
  • Choice of NDS System (Cobalt Blue, Onyx, Polar White, Crimson, Coral Pink)
  • DS Fashion Tote (Item #975343)
  • Choice of either Petz Bunnyz or Petz Tigerz
Come in and Demo Sony's HOT NEW games! (In-store only)
Buzz Hollywood, Buzz RoboJam & Singstar '90s

PLUS...$10 off when you demo these games***

***Coupon distributed Sarturday March 22nd, Noon-4pm only. Limit 1 per demo participant. Coupon is used only for Singstar/Buzz games only.

DVD DEALS

Buy 1 Get 1 HALF PRICE on ENTIRE Stock of Movies****
****In-store only. Discounted DVD must be equal or lesser value

Titles Shown:
  • Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
  • Bratz Kidz Fairy Tales
  • The Backyardigans Tale of the Mighty Knight
  • Bee Movie
  • Barbie Mariposa and the Butterfly Fairy Friends
  • Spiderman 3
  • Ratatouille
  • The Simpsons Movie
  • Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End
In-Store Tuesday
  • Enchanted (Free Enchanted Coin Purse with Purchase of Enchanted on DVD)
  • I Am Legend
  • The Seeker
  • Go Diego Go Moonlight Rescue
  • A Pup Named Scooby Doo Complete 1st Season
2 DAY EASTER SALE FRI. AND SAT. ONLY

25% off Soft Sports Kit for Wii Reg. $19.99
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2911571

50% off Select Software Titles (Applies in various platforms, Titles may vary by store)
Reg. $14.99- $39.99
  • Cars
  • Nicktoons Battle for Volcano Island
  • Spongebob Squarepants Creature from the Krusty Krab
  • Spiderman Friend or Foe
  • Bee Movie Game
  • The Incredibles
50% off Nintendo DS Easter Egg Kit Reg. $9.99
Comes in different styles http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...98&origkw=968998&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1
50% off Nintendo DS Lunch Box Style DS Starter Kit Reg. $29.99
Comes in different styles
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...87&origkw=188487&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Save $40 on PS2 Value Pack Sale for $139.97
Package includes
  • PS2 System (either Charcoal Black or Satin Silver)
  • Transformers Game
  • Wireless Controller 2-pack
Well There Ya go, Happy Easter!

[quote name='Gorge']does the wii zapper work with this deal in-store?[/quote]

The Wii Zapper and the Guitar Hero 3 for Wii do not show up in the system for being part of the deal, probably because zapper is more or less an accessory. So yeah those two are excluded from the deal, although Wii Play constitutes for a game so that is eligible at least.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Got Ocean and Z+ W.
STORE Cleaned out.[/quote]

Funny I had this weird dream last night that I went back to TRU and the store was cleaned out :(

[quote name='smoger']price matched at BB for HoTD and Ghost Squad..

the way they rung it up on the receipt, 1st game was full price, 2nd game was $10. i know some frown upon this stuff,.. but if one were so inclined it looks like you could repeat and return to end up with 2 games for $20.[/QUOTE]

Price matched at BB: No More Heroes & HOTD 2&3 and Prof Layton & Brain Age 2.

The kicker: HOTD 2&3 rang up at $29.99, NHM at $29.99, Prof Layton at $9.99 and two copies of BA2 at $9.99. So, I was charged an extra $10, but had another $10 knocked off ($20 off the Wii games and $40 off three DS games, one of which I didn't get). I could go complain, or do an exchange with the full priced HOTD, but why tempt fate.

For fuck's sake.

Still no HotD @ TRU this morning, and no idea if/when they were going to get it.

I hate stores, and I especially hate this town.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']For fuck's sake.

Still no HotD @ TRU this morning, and no idea if/when they were going to get it.

I hate stores, and I especially hate this town.[/quote]

What town are you in? ("The Boleyn" means nothing to me.)

Anyone check the NYC Times Square TRU recently?

I have a question. I bought Pro Evo Wii and Okami online using this deal. Both games are pre-orders. Now on the TRU website it says that Pro Evo was supposed to ship yesterday (the 17th), even though I know the actual date is the 18th. But now that I checked today it says that the game is supposed to ship on the 25th on the TRU website. Other places like Gamestop and Amazon still say that the game is supposed to ship on the 18th. What the frick is going on?

Does TRU usually get games late?

Went into BB to get a replacement copy of the HotD I opened, to return to CC. They matched the TRU deal right there without even an ad.

That's why BB gets my money, and CC doesn't.

I went in the Beavercreek (Ohio) TRU today and can verify that a 19.99 purchase will knock the $20 off a 29.99 and up game. Also, there was no signs of HotD 2&3. I spoke with one of the clerks and he said while little came in today, they're expecting a lot come Friday (atleast 40 more Brawls) - so who knows, maybe HotD will be in that lot.

Oh yeah, there were four copies of Zack & Wiki left.

I went over to the Toys R Us over in Sunnyvale and tried to get both Zack and Wiki and Resident Evil 4. They had about 6 copies of Zack and Wiki but NO copies of Resident Evil 4. :cry:

I grabbed the advertisement and head towards the Best Buy down the block. I find both Zack and Wiki and Resident Evil 4. I ask to price match it and the guy tells me that he has to call the Toys R Us to confirm that they have the game in stock. I was freaking out cause I was thinking that since the Toys R Us was out of Resident Evil 4, I would be SOL. But I then remembered that the associate told me that he would take Resident Evil 4 to the front and I was left with the copy of Zack and Wiki to check for stock. Needless to say, I lucked out. I left the store getting both Zack and Wiki and Resident Evil 4 for about $39. Good stuff to say the least.

Now if I can find a frickin Wii Classic Controller, I would be happy. Time to hit up Sunnyvale Frys...

[quote name='Civickid96']I went over to the Toys R Us over in Sunnyvale and tried to get both Zack and Wiki and Resident Evil 4. They had about 6 copies of Zack and Wiki but NO copies of Resident Evil 4. :cry:

I grabbed the advertisement and head towards the Best Buy down the block. I find both Zack and Wiki and Resident Evil 4. I ask to price match it and the guy tells me that he has to call the Toys R Us to confirm that they have the game in stock. I was freaking out cause I was thinking that since the Toys R Us was out of Resident Evil 4, I would be SOL. But I then remembered that the associate told me that he would take Resident Evil 4 to the front and I was left with the copy of Zack and Wiki to check for stock. Needless to say, I lucked out. I left the store getting both Zack and Wiki and Resident Evil 4 for about $39. Good stuff to say the least.

Now if I can find a frickin Wii Classic Controller, I would be happy. Time to hit up Sunnyvale Frys...[/quote]

I was there.
Sunnyvale TRU Sucks :/
I tried to PM at CC across the street, and BB. They both denied...
Your lucky :/

Does this apply to all Wii games in-store, or only the ones that are marked B1G1 $20 off online?

Also is there a way to check local inventory online? I want Z&W and Dewey but shipping is $5, but then again I don't wanna waste gas driving all the way out to TRU only to find out nothing is in stock.

[quote name='shytface']Does this apply to all Wii games in-store, or only the ones that are marked B1G1 $20 off online?

Also is there a way to check local inventory online? I want Z&W and Dewey but shipping is $5, but then again I don't wanna waste gas driving all the way out to TRU only to find out nothing is in stock.[/quote]

No way to see what's in stock.
Best thing to do, is call CS and have them look it up.
That's helped. Plus, Would rather spend 5 bucks in gas and have them now then shipping.

Damnit. Mario Kart for the Wii preorder worked online at the start of the week, but not anymore. Oh well, guess I'll just have to buy it someplace else.

I was under the impression house of the dead 2 + 3 was rated M and toys won't carry that any longer in store. They stopped carrying New M rated games by me about 6 months ago. Has anyone seen this at all?

[quote name='pROvIs']I was under the impression house of the dead 2 + 3 was rated M and toys won't carry that any longer in store. They stopped carrying New M rated games by me about 6 months ago. Has anyone seen this at all?[/QUOTE]

Look in the glass case behind the registers. They now keep all M-rated games there. Some stores might not carry them, but some will get all of them. One store by me had RE:UC and NMH, but another one didn't carry NMH.

[quote name='abhinav']Thanks OP, Got Brawl and Z/W for $63 with tax. Now i just need to find a second game with No More Heroes, any suggestions?[/quote]

Lets see

SEGA Superstar Tennis (fun game)
House of the dead

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Damnit. Mario Kart for the Wii preorder worked online at the start of the week, but not anymore. Oh well, guess I'll just have to buy it someplace else.[/quote]
Really? That's too bad, I was going to preorder Mario Kart and Okami tonight on the website with my $25 Mario Galaxy gift card.

For anyone in SE Massachusetts, South Attleboro CC PM without any problems. They actually took off $22 instead of $20 for some unknown reason. No complaints.

toys r us sucks balls. They've taken practically all the wii titles that were worth a damn and taken the $20 discount off for online shoppers. Mario Kart Wii, Wii Play, HotD 2 & 3 Return, Okami are just a few of the games that were a part of the discount offer early this week when the deal first started and now they are no longer an option. It's really lame when a store offers a deal and then backs out of it on the select few titles that people decide to use the offer for. The irony of this all is that some of the B & M TRU are still taking the deal on the above mentioned games. Way to go cheap r us. Congrats to everyone who was able to get some actual good deals on some decent games before toys r us pussed out! Don't worry though, Ninjabread man is still apart of the offer!:bs:

[quote name='shajek']Look in the glass case behind the registers. They now keep all M-rated games there. Some stores might not carry them, but some will get all of them. One store by me had RE:UC and NMH, but another one didn't carry NMH.[/quote]

It doesn't seem like they carry them here locally in MN at the Minnetonka store. They have told me in the past they do not carry M rated games at all anymore. I haven't looked exceptionally hard but any time I've looked for an M Rated game they don't have it.

Ok im confused, is this buy 1 get $20 off for Wii games going on right now? or is it only Sat and Sun (confused about the 2 day easter sale). cuz if so then im gettin my ass to my TRU to grab HotD and Bomberman Land if they have it. I didn't even know bomberman was out and I haven't even seen it in my store, i work at a Game Crazy.

[quote name='spideymike']They do price match, but if it's for a 2-day sale, they may not price match it until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

sorry should've been more specific. would they pm the buy 1 get $20 off wii games deal?

I'm not sure if my order went through or not. On Sunday, I ordered Mario Kart Wii & Z/W, but I got to the Verified by Visa logo and I think I put in the wrong password or something and I was booted back to the TRU cart and every time I tried to check out, it said my CCID was wrong. Yesterday I check my bank account and see a $69 charge from TRU. But I'm yet to receive an e-mail, and my online account doesn't show anything. Hopefully it goes through, I've been wanting Z/W for a while now.

[quote name='Chucki Norris']sorry should've been more specific. would they pm the buy 1 get $20 off wii games deal?[/quote]

My magic 8-ball says "Difficult to forsee. Your Mileage May Vary" ;)

Give it a shot and see if it works. Never hurts to ask.

[quote name='spideymike']My magic 8-ball says "Difficult to forsee. Your Mileage May Vary" ;)

Give it a shot and see if it works. Never hurts to ask.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the quick response i'll give it a go

Yeah, I was very disappointed to find out they stopped caring M rated games. I was really looking forward to picking up RE4 and HotD 2+3. Ah well, I'll just pick up RE4 at CC with my gift card.

I would love to get Zak and Wiki & Resident Evil, but I don't know if I will do it. I am planning on picking up Mario Kart and Okami next month, and with Brawl, that's a lot of purchases for me. I still don't have Galaxy!

I need to hit the lottery...

I can confirm DS games 9.90 and 5.00 will ring up b1g1 free if the cashier allows the promo process to happen.

I then tried to get 2 19.99 wii games for 19.99 but for some reason elebits rang up 19.99 and spiderman rang up 16.99 with 3 dollars off...

Any ideas on whats happening here?

[quote name='nflsonic']Yeah, I was very disappointed to find out they stopped caring M rated games. I was really looking forward to picking up RE4 and HotD 2+3. Ah well, I'll just pick up RE4 at CC with my gift card.[/quote]

When did TRU stop carrying M rated games? :whistle2:? I see plenty at all my local stores.

They might as well not carry M rated games anymore. Unless you know from this site, how would any regular customer know they only keep M rated games in the case? If I didn't know any better, I would just figure they didn't have it if I didn't see a display copy out on the shelf. Of course this also works to our advantage as most people miss them. I got a copy of MGS Portable Ops for $3.00 from the glass case a few weeks ago and if it had been out on the sales floor, I'm sure it would have been long gone.

[quote name='kevzik']I can confirm DS games 9.90 and 5.00 will ring up b1g1 free if the cashier allows the promo process to happen.

I then tried to get 2 19.99 wii games for 19.99 but for some reason elebits rang up 19.99 and spiderman rang up 16.99 with 3 dollars off...

Any ideas on whats happening here?[/QUOTE]

So the $10 off 2 DS games works on even the $5 games? Then potentially you could get 2 free games?

[quote name='spideymike']When did TRU stop carrying M rated games? :whistle2:? I see plenty at all my local stores.[/quote]

TRU still carries M rated games, it's just that there not carrying as much, many the popular ones. Some of the last M rated titles my store has received are Army of Two, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, No More Heros, etc. So yeah definitely carrying them, just not all M rated titles. Apparently TRU doesn't think HotD is a popular title, I dunno.

[quote name='MidnightMetal']TRU still carries M rated games, it's just that there not carrying as much, many the popular ones. Some of the last M rated titles my store has received are Army of Two, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, No More Heros, etc. So yeah definitely carrying them, just not all M rated titles. Apparently TRU doesn't think HotD is a popular title, I dunno.[/quote]
I don't recall seeing Jericho PS3 too. I guess they are more selective towards M-rated games now.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They might as well not carry M rated games anymore. Unless you know from this site, how would any regular customer know they only keep M rated games in the case? If I didn't know any better, I would just figure they didn't have it if I didn't see a display copy out on the shelf. Of course this also works to our advantage as most people miss them. I got a copy of MGS Portable Ops for $3.00 from the glass case a few weeks ago and if it had been out on the sales floor, I'm sure it would have been long gone.

So the $10 off 2 DS games works on even the $5 games? Then potentially you could get 2 free games?[/quote]

I don't know about free, but if you buy a 5 dollar game you will receive 5 dollars of the second if it is also 5 bucks.

I wanna get in on this deal again, but I dont know WHAT to buy...

I already own..

- Zelda
- Mario Galaxy
- Metroid
- Brawl
- Ghost Squad
- HotD
- Umbrella Chronicles
- RE4
- Z&W
- No More Heroes
- Mario Strikers

shuma gorath's pupil;4107106]toys r us sucks balls. They've taken practically all the wii titles that were worth a damn and taken the $20 discount off for online shoppers. Mario Kart Wii said:
Get your butt unglued from the couch and go to the B&M store if you want the deal! Sheesh. Fresh air mght doyou some good.

I just put a call in to send a waaaahhhhmbulance to your house. The nice EWTs* can help with your issues.

(*Emergency Whining Technicians)

I just came back from the Plano one. I got No More Heroes and Super Mario Smash Brothers for 61$ after tax(I used my 25$ gift card to top it off).

It's a really good deal. I've had a Wii for a year and before this I only owned 2 games aside from Wii Sports. Thanks TRU.

[quote name='Import']Are Zak and Wiki, RE4 and HOD 2&3 excluded?[/quote]

I picked up ZW and RE4 sunday for $47 so no they're not.

HOD isn't excluded either. (I think)

bread's done
Back