TRU Ad 5/8-5/14 Brink $15 GC, MX vs ATV $5 GC, $5 Kinect games w/kinect purchase

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Brink $60 w/$15 instant giftcard
MX vs ATV Alive $40 w/$5 instant giftcard(edit:the weekly ad says $5 gc but the product page says $15 gc)
3DS Lego Pirates of the caribbean $40 w/$15 instant giftcard
***the giftcard offers are all week not a Tuesday only deal***
Up to 75% off clearance games + accessories (ending in 0 or 8)
Halo Reach $40
Buy Kinect get any of these games for $5
Kinect sports
Dance Central
Michael Jackson Experience
Kinectimals
Carnival
Motion Sports

links:http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...94&pagenumber=18&promotioncode=ToysRUs-110508

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...94&pagenumber=20&promotioncode=ToysRUs-110508

there's also a current $10 off $50 or more coupon
link:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293509

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who are only interested in the lowest out of pocket cost and/or best overall deal could price match the giftcard offers at BB unless you have TRU giftcards.
Brink $45 + $10 pre-order bonus
MX vs ATV $35/$25(refer to the OP for the gc ad error)
Lego POTC $25

[quote name='ryheeles']Are there actually bonus points with Brink? The website doesn't say anything about that[/QUOTE]

I have it pre-ordered at BB to get the $10 bonus.

[quote name='Enuf']I have it pre-ordered at BB to get the $10 bonus.[/QUOTE]

How do you know you're getting it though? There's nothing about it at bb.com or myrz.com. I just don't want to bother with pre-ordering if it's not a sure thing.

[quote name='ryheeles']How do you know you're getting it though? There's nothing about it at bb.com or myrz.com. I just don't want to bother with pre-ordering if it's not a sure thing.[/QUOTE]

All the games that were messed up during the RZ update have been posted since 3/1 the RZ is finally showing the pre-orders like it did before the redid the site. Plus the game kiosk show the $10 offers too
Here's the link:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288418

Duke Nukem, LA Noire, Cars 2, Red Faction, Deus Ex, Hunted the demons forge are currently listed on RZ site for $10 pre-order bonuses. They discontinued the monthly gaming booklets that used to show the upcoming games in favor of the gaming kiosk/website.

[quote name='Enuf']Those who are only interested in the lowest out of pocket cost and/or best overall deal could price match the giftcard offers at BB unless you have TRU giftcards.
MX vs ATV $35
Lego POTC $25[/QUOTE]
Just wondering, what's the best way to convince your token BB lackey that they should be price-matching gift cards by reducing the sale price? I've never managed to get BB to honor that.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Just wondering, what's the best way to convince your token BB lackey that they should be price-matching gift cards by reducing the sale price? I've never managed to get BB to honor that.[/QUOTE]

I have a printed copy from the link below where a BB corp rep explains how to pm a giftcard offer & it actually refers specifically to TRU. The store does have the right to exact price match & just give you the $15 BB gc also but I thinks it just easier for them to deduct the $15. If you are denied the pm you should send a pm to BB rep asap that way they can contact the store and/or regional manager & get the to adhere to policy. Usually once this happens getting the pm's become a breaze.

Link:http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...-p/166494/thread-id/33978?device-view=desktop

Does anyone know if you can only buy one game for $5 with Kinect hardware, or as many as you want? $30 for all 6 titles is a killer deal. Didn't see any restrictions listed in the small print that I could find

[quote name='Enuf']I have a printed copy from the link below where a BB corp rep explains how to pm a giftcard offer & it actually refers specifically to TRU. The store does have the right to exact price match & just give you the $15 BB gc also but I thinks it just easier for them to deduct the $15. If you are denied the pm you should send a pm to BB rep asap that way they can contact the store and/or regional manager & get the to adhere to policy. Usually once this happens getting the pm's become a breaze.

Link:http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...-p/166494/thread-id/33978?device-view=desktop[/QUOTE]

LISTEN TO ENUF!!!

He personally PMed me about getting on the forum and letting BB know.

A week later I received a phone call from the manager at my "problem" store.
I received a sincere apology and compensation for the trouble.

[quote name='Enuf']I have a printed copy from the link below where a BB corp rep explains how to pm a giftcard offer & it actually refers specifically to TRU. The store does have the right to exact price match & just give you the $15 BB gc also but I thinks it just easier for them to deduct the $15. If you are denied the pm you should send a pm to BB rep asap that way they can contact the store and/or regional manager & get the to adhere to policy. Usually once this happens getting the pm's become a breaze.

Link:http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...-p/166494/thread-id/33978?device-view=desktop[/QUOTE]

LOL! When I read your posts, I think.... Enuf is the MEGA-SAVER!!!!!!!:applause:

Thanks for that, Enuf.

I had gotten BB to price match TRU's Portal/MK GC deal, and the manager was acting like he did me a solid. "Well, I don't see it anywhere on the page (even when I told him exactly how to get there) but since I've had you on the phone for 10 minutes, I'll make this one time exception for you."

:roll:

Tempted to go again, with the BB.com printout AND the forum printout to get Brink...my price was 40.00 but 45.00 would be ok for a day one purchase.

If you have problems with specific stores fill out feedback survey on the bottom of the receipt each one is store specific which IS followed up on by BB Corp. That combined with assistance from the reps on the forums page will make a difference in that store asap. Performance reviews = raises & all the banners behind CS with the stars, those banners/stars are important to the store/regional managers they have a stake in the so these type of issues where they not only lose sales/customers & generate negative feedback are taken extremely serious.

enuf = BB PM master lol

the $10 coupon at TRU doesn't work with games. just tried it today with a $50 purchase of games plus a candy bar. the system didn't take.

How long is the price-match period after you buy a game as a normal reward zone member? No one so far has answered this on the forums :S

[quote name='wox']How long is the price-match period after you buy a game as a normal reward zone member? No one so far has answered this on the forums :S[/QUOTE]

PM period is 45 days for RZ premier silver, 30 for everyone else.

[quote name='Enuf']Those who are only interested in the lowest out of pocket cost and/or best overall deal could price match the giftcard offers at BB unless you have TRU giftcards.
MX vs ATV $35
Lego POTC $25[/QUOTE]

Has anyone ever done this at BB I would definatley be interested in Lego POTC for that price... didnt know BB would take off the GC amount and just give you the game for a discounted price.... just looking for confirmation.

[quote name='theghost4413']Has anyone ever done this at BB I would definatley be interested in Lego POTC for that price... didnt know BB would take off the GC amount and just give you the game for a discounted price.... just looking for confirmation.[/QUOTE]

yes they do i did it 2 years back when Resident Evil 5 had a TRU $20 gift card and they denied me at first but i pulled out my printed copy of their policy & then after reading for a few mins they agreed to PM

Can you still even Pre-Order Brink at the kiosk? Or has it cutoff yet. I see its still on the site, but i know you cant PM TRU from there.

If you just go in BB on the release day for LA Niore and have them price match TRU gift card offer, will you still get the 500 RZ points??? Or is it a must pre-order thingy???

Ok, so I bring in the TRU ad to BB and price match when I preorder or when I go to purchase the game?? Want to make sure before I go out and start my day

[quote name='dgwillia006']Can you still even Pre-Order Brink at the kiosk? Or has it cutoff yet. I see its still on the site, but i know you cant PM TRU from there.[/QUOTE]

the kiosks shutdown for pre-orders by the end of the previous Saturday if I remember right. i had tried to do in-store preorder for Mortal Kombat and it didn't let me when I went in Sunday.

[quote name='ryheeles']PM period is 45 days for RZ premier silver, 30 for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

thank you

[quote name='FadeToOne']Wonder why it says "up to" 75% off clearance games... wonder how they are doing that.[/QUOTE]

Usually when they say it like that it's whatever the clearance price was marked down to from what it had been (versus the "save an additional 30%"). We'll just have to wait for someone to buy something and post to be sure.

Just curious, i know you get the Fallout DLC pack at Best Buy. But is it emailed to you? Or is it actually in all of copies.

If its pre-order only, i guess ill just pass and wait for the inevitable price drop. (I dont feel like ordering online, waiting for a code, returning it, and rebuying it)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just curious, i know you get the Fallout DLC pack at Best Buy. But is it emailed to you? Or is it actually in all of copies.

If its pre-order only, i guess ill just pass and wait for the inevitable price drop. (I dont feel like ordering online, waiting for a code, returning it, and rebuying it)[/QUOTE]

The website says it's in-pack, so I'm hoping they still have some when there's a better deal in a week or two.

So Ive read that people have had success getting all 6 kinect games for $5 each when buying the kinect. Good deal if it can be reproduced

[quote name='dgwillia006']Can you still even Pre-Order Brink at the kiosk? Or has it cutoff yet. I see its still on the site, but i know you cant PM TRU from there.[/QUOTE]
at 1 point you could pre-order from the kiosk up to Monday b4 the game came out some people has said it changed though. Worse case scenario CS can manually enter the pre-order sku & ring it up as long as the store itself hasn't exceeded their stock limit.

[quote name='GoVols']If you just go in BB on the release day for LA Niore and have them price match TRU gift card offer, will you still get the 500 RZ points??? Or is it a must pre-order thingy???[/QUOTE]
Gotta have a pre-order to get a pre-order bonus

[quote name='drftr316']Ok, so I bring in the TRU ad to BB and price match when I preorder or
when I go to purchase the game?? Want to make sure before I go out and start my day[/QUOTE]
you only need $5 to pre-order bring the ad when you pick up the game

[quote name='MXRider']Does walmart price match with gift cards??
Also the Toys R Us ad says $15 gift card with MX Vs ATV Alive when you click it?
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...d=1166394&pagenumber=18&listingid=-2083957585[/QUOTE]
walmart's pm policy just updated so I'm not sure
as for the ad vs product page PRINT IT OUT NOW!!! In the even it's an error and they correct it before the game comes out getting the game for $25 is a steal even if you don't want it the TIV will probably be near $30.

Sent my wife up to grab a kinect and the 6 games. She stopped at best buy on the way to TRU, they pricematched no problem. They printed out the ad and told her awesome deal :).

Damn, employee wouldnt do a Pre-Order at Customer Service.

Either way, unless there is news from Sony by tommorow im probally just gonna pass and get L.A Noire instead.

Do you know if she had to argue at all, because whenever I try to do something like that, they always tell me that I cant because they consider it bundling, even though in my opinion, it is not because you are buying each item separate.

[quote name='brothamarb']Sent my wife up to grab a kinect and the 6 games. She stopped at best buy on the way to TRU, they pricematched no problem. They printed out the ad and told her awesome deal :).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xBabax']Do you know if she had to argue at all, because whenever I try to do something like that, they always tell me that I cant because they consider it bundling, even though in my opinion, it is not because you are buying each item separate.[/QUOTE]

I tried to get the Kinect + 6 games from both Toys R Us and a Best Buy.

At TRU, tried to ring it up to see what would happen, only 1 game was $5. I asked if she could ask a manager, since the wording didn't say otherwise, but she came back and said yeah her manager already knew about this thing and said it's only one game per Kinect.

Went to Best Buy to see if they price match, and manager said that they couldn't do it because same reason as xBabax, they said it was bundling because it was multiple items in a deal, not just a sale on one item. Funnily enough, he was like, if the Kinect itself was 4.99 or something, then we could price match that, but yeah.

Darn.

I was able to get the Kinect and all 6 games for $5 a piece but, it took a bit of "heading scratching" on the employees part.

However, this is something that I've come to expect for TRU. From a business stand point, whoever is in charge of their ads should be fired. The wording is often vague and open to multiple interpertations or is just incorrect.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy for the many mistakes they've made, I'm just saying they happen frequently.

[quote name='blacklab75']I was able to get the Kinect and all 6 games for $5 a piece but, it took a bit of "heading scratching" on the employees part.

However, this is something that I've come to expect for TRU. From a business stand point, whoever is in charge of their ads should be fired. The wording is often vague and open to multiple interpertations or is just incorrect.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy for the many mistakes they've made, I'm just saying they happen frequently.[/QUOTE]

Did they have to do a manual override to get the pricing? I don't want to necessarily mess with that. I guess worst case scenario is I can get Dance Central for $5...assuming that is the agreed "best game" of the bunch.

[quote name='xBabax']Do you know if she had to argue at all, because whenever I try to do something like that, they always tell me that I cant because they consider it bundling, even though in my opinion, it is not because you are buying each item separate.[/QUOTE]

Nope no fighting. She said it took her longer to find the games then she spent at the register.

Heads up for anyone who needs memory for psp several 2 & 4 gig ones are on clearance but I'm not sure what the final price is after the clearance b/c there's no way to tell which ones are 30% or 75% off w/i scanning them individually.
Scored Kung Fu Rider for $7 + tax.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Any for PSP GO? Or just regular models[/QUOTE]

PSP go stuff has been on clearance for some time too but the scan disk/Sony weren't located near the games of the TRU I was in. I found them were the portable HD's were. Didn't have alot of time to really search the clearance stuff though.
I generally see deals on the smaller gig at target, walgreens, CVS & riteaid. The best deal I've ever seen was 32 gig reg. Sony $25 but of course sold out fast. Be on the lookout for 50% off all electronics deals that's when you can score a couple "lifetime" memory for most devices.

1) Has anyone tried to get MX vs ATV Alive w/o bringing in the internet ad? Does the gift card ring up as $5 or $15?

2) Have many of you been able to get all of those games for $5 w/ Kinect purchase? I am going to try my luck with it in a few hours. Surely they would have to honor their ad.

Edit: -- Just got back from TRU. The MX vs ATV rang up as a $5 gift card. I showed them the printed internet ad stating it was $15, they didn't honor it.
-- He wouldn't honor more than one $5 game with the Kinect. He told me I could call Corporate, which I just might do... ugh. I wish K-Mart has Brink/MX in stock today so I didn't have to buy them at crappy TRU.

[quote name='aznhero913']LISTEN TO ENUF!!!

He personally PMed me about getting on the forum and letting BB know.

A week later I received a phone call from the manager at my "problem" store.
I received a sincere apology and compensation for the trouble.[/QUOTE]

It's not always worth the TROUBLE of dealing with the garbage at BB. And for a savings of what? Not much in states with higher sales tax.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']It's not always worth the TROUBLE of dealing with the garbage at BB. And for a savings of what? Not much in states with higher sales tax.[/QUOTE]

It's $31.80 price difference with tax for me if I didn't buy brink/ MX vs ATV with the pm's. Gas means nothing b/c I drive by 3 BB's everyday anyways so it's no extra cost factored in.
Plus, I don't deal with the hassles from BB that I see other people post.

bread's done
Back